• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:39
CEST 16:39
KST 23:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)69Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror mca64Launcher 2.0
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7149 users

[C][M][T] Survivor Series Mafia - Page 25

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 Next All
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 19 2014 00:40 GMT
#3361
On February 19 2014 09:36 VisceraEyes wrote:
And fuck everyone who didn't want to lynch Yamato today. FUCK.


I thought holy was scum all along, his insistence oats wasn't scum convinced me to try oats instead.

I mean, given how little risen and oats contributed we never really stood a chance.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 19 2014 00:41 GMT
#3362
btw, I'm policy lynching anyone who claims afk or too busy to play.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 19 2014 00:46 GMT
#3367
And yeah it was close. I didn't feel like I could swing the lynch onto holy (after he whipped up a massive case for Oats town I was 100% sure he was scum, no one reads that much in that short time and reaches a conclusion on it all).

So I tried Oats.

And half of town afk ^^
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 19 2014 00:51 GMT
#3380
Koshi and Grack were town for the most part, both pretty easy reads.

My main problem is I could never establish enough townies. Even this last day I was only sure VE was town.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 19 2014 00:55 GMT
#3383
Lynching him was the wrong play, and so was lynching Grack the next nomination, but I don't think neither of those count as big blunders. I think our main mistakes were on day 2 when we lynched VA over holyflare (and with 4 townies on the VA lynch, all the mafia was voting random shitheads here and there).

And of course this last day. I needed 2 townies I could be fairly secure in, I only had one.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 19 2014 00:56 GMT
#3384
On February 19 2014 09:52 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2014 09:48 marvellosity wrote:
it was way too correct, that was possibly one of the biggest tells. reading that town-meta case you made on him, you're way too convinced by it holy.


Yeh, what you said makes sense. What Palmar said doesn't !


I don't really use meta. He didn't do shit, he dies.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 19 2014 00:56 GMT
#3387
reading the meta is just a tiny part. I had long since wanted to lynch him.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 19 2014 00:58 GMT
#3389
nope
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 19 2014 00:59 GMT
#3391
I also wish you'd have let me kill you VE, having an overzealous lynch HF grack in lylo would've been fun.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 19 2014 01:02 GMT
#3404
yeah WoS was the scum I had town read on for most of the game. HF did well in getting VE on his side.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 19 2014 01:04 GMT
#3410
On February 19 2014 10:00 VayneAuthority wrote:
i mean its not even close, WoS played far and away better then the other 3 scum but whatevs lol


You need to get better at defending yourself against lynches.

I liked some of the stuff you posted, but you can't just give up and get lynched dude, gotta make lynching you a pain in the ass.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 19 2014 01:08 GMT
#3418
On February 19 2014 09:59 marvellosity wrote:
the more i think about it the more it feels that town (me) let this slip out of our hands. not blaming anyone and wp mafia for seeing the game through. just frustrating because it seems like it should have been quite doable.


Everybody fucked up buddy, Koshi and VE were on VA too, and it wasn't like I was actively defending him even if I had an idea that HF was the better lynch at the time.

The day 1 lynch was a shame because Cora basically did nothing the entire day except rage at me for calling geript scum.

I am btw requesting a ban on Cora for what could possibly be taken as an indication he doesn't think I'm town in his post-death post. The "Fuck you Palmar" following the gg gl town, can possibly be taken to mean that he thinks I'm not part of this town he's wishing good luck, and that is trying to influence the game post-death
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 19 2014 01:09 GMT
#3419
On February 19 2014 10:05 VayneAuthority wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2014 10:04 Palmar wrote:
On February 19 2014 10:00 VayneAuthority wrote:
i mean its not even close, WoS played far and away better then the other 3 scum but whatevs lol


You need to get better at defending yourself against lynches.

I liked some of the stuff you posted, but you can't just give up and get lynched dude, gotta make lynching you a pain in the ass.


honestly unless you or some one else ever planned on lynching WoS it doesn't matter in the end because I would have never lynched him even in 3 way.


Well if you had gotten out of that lynch, we'd have nailed holy, and that gives us a mislynch to play with.

I can do a lot more when I don't have to worry about fucking the game up if I'm wrong.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 19 2014 01:13 GMT
#3423
VA didn't make it an easy choice not to lynch him. I know some people like this stupid "I don't post a lot ever" style, but sometimes you need to explain yourself. I'm not smart enough to read between the lines all the time with people who just don't care.

Also, can someone now tell me why everyone is raging so hard all the time? It's ridiculous.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 19 2014 01:16 GMT
#3424
On February 19 2014 10:13 VayneAuthority wrote:
there is no point in blaming anyone, it's a team game at any rate. I just was not sure how to combat that particular lynch because there was nothing I could say that could diffuse the accusations made against me. They were true but didn't make me mafia.


What I do is I just start explaining things over the top. I know I posted what is being used to accuse me with as town, so all I have to do is write a case as to why this could have been posted by town-me.

Note, I'm not blaming you at all dude. We fucked up, all of us. I don't think anyone in town is really free of this mess. I'm just pointing out one thing you can do better.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 19 2014 01:17 GMT
#3426
Anyway, good night.

gg wp
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 19 2014 11:21 GMT
#3489
I think mafia nominations were very good throughout. I feel like they played it safe and took advantage of town blunders and lazyness. Mafia didn't have to make a big play to win this game, this was good and solid, but not historical scum performance, they simply did what they had to do. I don't think there is much to criticize in mafia play. The setup is a bit strange in terms that it's very steamrolly. Town has very little room for error, but if town figures out like 2-3 townies outside of the nominations, scum can get fucked over really, really fast.

ie: both sides can steamroll really hard in this setup.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 19 2014 11:22 GMT
#3490
On February 19 2014 18:51 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2014 18:29 VisceraEyes wrote:
Like I think it's legitimately more difficult for good players to differentiate between bad, or low content trolly players than it is to differentiate between good ones. Do you disagree?

yes, of course. rayn/palmar/koshi were the easy townreads because they actually tried. it will always be so.


One day I hope I get into a mafia game where everyone tries. That'd be good.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 19 2014 11:28 GMT
#3491
I really like yamato's summary of the game, I think it is for the most part quite accurate.

Although I actually think scum needs the shot. They need to be able to get rid of that asshole confirmed townie who is raping everyone and everything.

The time issue is another thing. Maybe we could figure out a way to have scum submit the nomination lynch during the day (submit 3 people with 1 backup, in case one of the three gets lynched?) Then we treat the nomination lynch as "nights". This would give town the normal 48h/24h cycle and keep the game interesting for longer.

I had literally nothing to do from the moment we lynched VA until the last day, I did try to get VE lynched (for good reasons yo!) but that wasn't even necessary. The Keirathi lynch was a default by then.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 19 2014 11:43 GMT
#3494
On February 19 2014 10:36 Grackaroni wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2014 10:32 gonzaw wrote:
On February 19 2014 10:29 Grackaroni wrote:
On February 19 2014 10:26 gonzaw wrote:
On February 19 2014 10:08 Palmar wrote:
I am btw requesting a ban on Cora for what could possibly be taken as an indication he doesn't think I'm town in his post-death post. The "Fuck you Palmar" following the gg gl town, can possibly be taken to mean that he thinks I'm not part of this town he's wishing good luck, and that is trying to influence the game post-death


Wasn't cora town? How would he know if you are scum or not, and how would town know cora knows you are town or scum?

He's saying that it's the same as him getting lynched and coming back after he is dead and saying,

"GG GL TOWN - Palmar is scum"
which isn't allowed in the rules.


Hmm
Seems a little bit too much for a ban though. Not like anybody cares about that kind of stuff, the effect is exactly the same if he had posted it 1 second before the night post.

On February 19 2014 10:29 marvellosity wrote:
Cora didn't have numbers, gonz :p


Ehmmm...
Yeah he did! But then he changed it to the other one which didn't, which then he changed it to the one he uses it now!
Silly marv!

Yeah I agree. Either Palmar is trolling or he just dislikes Cora and is trying to ban him for cursing him.


Not trolling. And while I think there is very little chance anyone listens to it, there is always a tiny chance. No reason we should tolerate anything like this. When you're out of the game you've ceased to have the right to have public opinions on anything in the game until it's over.

I am very much in favor of strict rules. (I hand out modkills like candy if I need to in my games).

All it takes is one idiot to read too much into a message like this, and let's say for a second that Cora holds the same amount of respect as someone like marv, or syllo or foolishness does... boom, the game is no longer valid.
Computer says mafia
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
20:00
WardiTV Mondays #107
IntoTheiNu 1490
WardiTV983
OGKoka 299
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 299
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 7766
Bisu 1890
Shuttle 978
Horang2 784
Larva 515
Stork 483
EffOrt 397
BeSt 373
actioN 268
Mini 246
[ Show more ]
Light 150
Mind 124
hero 118
Rush 105
910 96
Zeus 89
Snow 77
Mong 70
Barracks 68
Sea.KH 60
Shinee 59
Yoon 46
sorry 42
JYJ 41
ToSsGirL 37
Killer 29
Bale 26
Sexy 24
Shine 19
HiyA 19
soO 19
Aegong 18
zelot 17
Sacsri 14
scan(afreeca) 13
Free 10
Terrorterran 10
Noble 5
Dota 2
Gorgc5199
qojqva2479
Dendi954
febbydoto34
Counter-Strike
fl0m3274
Fnx 510
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko457
Other Games
singsing2878
hiko1079
B2W.Neo824
TKL 461
Livibee414
XBOCT270
Hui .219
Liquid`VortiX198
XaKoH 172
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 21
• mYiSmile110
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 34
• iopq 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3110
• Jankos2221
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
1h 21m
Replay Cast
8h 21m
Afreeca Starleague
19h 21m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
20h 21m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 9h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.