• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:16
CEST 03:16
KST 10:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War575.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9069 users

[I][T][M] Vengeful Mini Mafia! - Page 7

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 80 Next
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
February 04 2014 00:15 GMT
#121
On February 04 2014 09:15 DarthPunk wrote:
The difference with those claims is the undertone of fake claiming mafia in order for mafia to out themselves.


I guess artanis kind of did this though.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
February 04 2014 00:20 GMT
#122
On February 04 2014 09:15 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2014 08:29 Holyflare wrote:
On February 04 2014 08:23 WaveofShadow wrote:
Also I'd be totally in favour of lynching scumclainers. There does seem to be some truth to holy's 'case,k though the only examle I can think of was ## maybe?
Ill look when I'm not on my phone.


I don't get it? There's some truth to my case but you can only think of 1 example? Those 2 things are contradicting statements.


Wave I still want you to address this.

What is there to address?
On re-reading your 'case' on Artanis I actually realize I don't like it much because I didn't see at first you were referring to voice, which I believe should basically be completely disregarded as evidence for forum mafia. It got me thinking though and so I am where I am.

I don't really see what's contradictory though, unless you consider my only having one example thus far being contradictory but imo weak != contradictory.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
February 04 2014 00:23 GMT
#123
On February 04 2014 08:18 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2014 08:14 iamperfection wrote:
On February 04 2014 08:12 Holyflare wrote:
On February 04 2014 08:10 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On February 04 2014 08:04 Holyflare wrote:
On February 04 2014 08:02 iamperfection wrote:
Who else is town?


That's a terrible question, we want to know who ISN'T town.

I'm Mafia. How about you?

always lynch the people that claim mafia, you've played enough voice to know that's at least 80% correct!

##vote artanis

But if your saying he knows this why would he do it?


because it's a scum default mindset! they think we know they always do it so they do it again to bluff but really, they're always scum!
Artanis also claims jester exclusively as town.

This sort of gives the same idea I'm trying to get across but not quite. Essentially it comes down to there being absolutely no reason to claim scum as town, even to joke---seems much more likely to me to come from a mafia standpoint to introduce WIFOM into the thread at best, shit things up a little at worst and somewhere in the middle they get to brag if they win.

And before anyone asks again, yes I am completely serious. I'm gettin' them feels. This is super early and there hasn't been much in thread to give me other feels right now so it's what I'm going with atm.
##Unvote
##Vote: Artanis
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
February 04 2014 00:24 GMT
#124
On February 04 2014 09:20 WaveofShadow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2014 09:15 Holyflare wrote:
On February 04 2014 08:29 Holyflare wrote:
On February 04 2014 08:23 WaveofShadow wrote:
Also I'd be totally in favour of lynching scumclainers. There does seem to be some truth to holy's 'case,k though the only examle I can think of was ## maybe?
Ill look when I'm not on my phone.


I don't get it? There's some truth to my case but you can only think of 1 example? Those 2 things are contradicting statements.


Wave I still want you to address this.

What is there to address?
On re-reading your 'case' on Artanis I actually realize I don't like it much because I didn't see at first you were referring to voice, which I believe should basically be completely disregarded as evidence for forum mafia. It got me thinking though and so I am where I am.

I don't really see what's contradictory though, unless you consider my only having one example thus far being contradictory but imo weak != contradictory.


Artanis is quite clearly playing this game in the style of voice mafia as he has referenced that he joined this for fun (not srs forum mafia funz) so my statement referred to that medium. With the amount of games that have been played on TL to say the case holds truth but only to have 1 example that isn't the same as this game's claim is worse than weak and so contradictary is the only term to use here.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 04 2014 00:32 GMT
#125
That's the best early game meta case I've ever seen.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 04 2014 00:33 GMT
#126
P.S. Wave, if you're going to try to make "jokes", the first job is that they should be just a tiny bit amusing. :/
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
February 04 2014 00:35 GMT
#127
On February 04 2014 09:24 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2014 09:20 WaveofShadow wrote:
On February 04 2014 09:15 Holyflare wrote:
On February 04 2014 08:29 Holyflare wrote:
On February 04 2014 08:23 WaveofShadow wrote:
Also I'd be totally in favour of lynching scumclainers. There does seem to be some truth to holy's 'case,k though the only examle I can think of was ## maybe?
Ill look when I'm not on my phone.


I don't get it? There's some truth to my case but you can only think of 1 example? Those 2 things are contradicting statements.


Wave I still want you to address this.

What is there to address?
On re-reading your 'case' on Artanis I actually realize I don't like it much because I didn't see at first you were referring to voice, which I believe should basically be completely disregarded as evidence for forum mafia. It got me thinking though and so I am where I am.

I don't really see what's contradictory though, unless you consider my only having one example thus far being contradictory but imo weak != contradictory.


Artanis is quite clearly playing this game in the style of voice mafia as he has referenced that he joined this for fun (not srs forum mafia funz) so my statement referred to that medium. With the amount of games that have been played on TL to say the case holds truth but only to have 1 example that isn't the same as this game's claim is worse than weak and so contradictary is the only term to use here.

That doesn't make any sense.
You can't just ascribe meaning to a word that doesn't exist.
Anyway it seems as though meta-type stuffs is proving that no other examples exist (at least that I can find) so the only example I really have to go on is Palmar right now. If anyone wants to help me out that'd be great.

On February 04 2014 09:33 marvellosity wrote:
P.S. Wave, if you're going to try to make "jokes", the first job is that they should be just a tiny bit amusing. :/

It amused me, that's all I needed.
So marv what do you think of Artanis for #1 scum NA?
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 04 2014 00:35 GMT
#128
Dunno. Later.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
February 04 2014 00:37 GMT
#129
On February 04 2014 09:35 marvellosity wrote:
Dunno. Later.

KK.
But just so you know I was serious about paying attention to you, at least myself. Going to be watching you like a hawk this game so prepare to be incredibly annoyed.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 04 2014 00:38 GMT
#130
If you annoy me I'll just have you lynched, so go ahead
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
February 04 2014 00:40 GMT
#131
do you find marv hard to read wave?
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
February 04 2014 00:42 GMT
#132
On February 04 2014 09:32 marvellosity wrote:
That's the best early game meta case I've ever seen.

what do you like about it? i didn't find it that compelling.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 04 2014 00:44 GMT
#133
That's because there's nothing to like about it. I'd hoped Holy was going to present it a bit more seriously tbh.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
February 04 2014 00:44 GMT
#134
On February 04 2014 09:42 iamperfection wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2014 09:32 marvellosity wrote:
That's the best early game meta case I've ever seen.

what do you like about it? i didn't find it that compelling.


.......*whoosh*
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
February 04 2014 00:45 GMT
#135
On February 04 2014 09:40 iamperfection wrote:
do you find marv hard to read wave?

Considering I 'caught' him very early in the game in Shadow (though I didn't believe myself at the time) I'd say probably not, though at that point I also had never played a game with scum-marv before and there was a lot of other shit going down in thread all game, and marv survived so obviously neither I nor anyone else can really take any credit at all. At the very least I'd feel more confident in my ability to catch him in future games (including this one).

I'd probably find rayn my personal 'hardest to read' in this particular game.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
February 04 2014 00:46 GMT
#136
we should probably enact a no more joke policy as it is mucking up the thread quite a bit.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
February 04 2014 00:46 GMT
#137
if marv is scum I will catch him for you don't worry about that
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
February 04 2014 00:47 GMT
#138
On February 04 2014 09:46 Holyflare wrote:
if marv is scum I will catch him for you don't worry about that

Can I catch you then?
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
February 04 2014 00:47 GMT
#139
if there is anyone here that is a marv expert its me. no offense
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
February 04 2014 00:49 GMT
#140
Oh hey I have a poignant question:
How do we plan on dealing with Cephiro this game?
We don't exactly have vig shots to 'waste' if he plans on being lurk city.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 80 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 44m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 161
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 459
Bale 45
League of Legends
Doublelift4514
Other Games
summit1g9275
JimRising 562
ViBE228
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick676
BasetradeTV188
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 109
• Light_VIP 9
• Letter142
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1136
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
8h 44m
Patches Events
13h 44m
BSL Open Qualifier
17h 44m
BSL Open Qualifier
17h 44m
OSC
21h 44m
OSC
1d 10h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.