• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:17
CEST 19:17
KST 02:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12641 users

[I][T][M] Vengeful Mini Mafia! - Page 6

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 80 Next
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
February 03 2014 23:46 GMT
#101
On February 04 2014 08:43 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
But aren't they both just the same option with the only difference being that in option 2 we're going with our second strongest scumspect instead of our strongest? It's the same strategy, just a different lynch target.


.......................thereby a different strategy............?
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 03 2014 23:47 GMT
#102
The point is you didn't need to describe the same tactic behind it twice. Anyway, this discussion is irrelevant. The question is if the players will listen to the person you want to lynch. I can guarantee I'm going to vigilante it because it's part of the enjoyment and why I signed up.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
February 03 2014 23:50 GMT
#103
I signed up to win thanks.
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
February 03 2014 23:51 GMT
#104
On February 04 2014 08:23 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2014 08:19 WaveofShadow wrote:
So close.
I was so damn close, and then reroll.

Anyway, ##vote: marv 'cause policy. We can't have someone of your apparent unlynchability running around these parts so it will be my job to draw any and all attention to you as necessary.

Given this is a vengeful game, this is probably the stupidest thing you could possibly have written. Every single person that gets lynched can shoot me if they so please.


I have to admit. The VERY first thing I thought of when I heard you were playing was just shooting you for the fun of it.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 03 2014 23:52 GMT
#105
On February 04 2014 08:50 Holyflare wrote:
I signed up to win thanks.

I signed up to win while having fun. I'm not planning on sacrificing either of those.
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
February 03 2014 23:53 GMT
#106
Well. WE should lynch artanis. The dude claimed scum. If someone claims scum, you lynch them. Pretty easy right>?
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
February 03 2014 23:56 GMT
#107
Did everyone leave as soon as I arrived?
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
February 03 2014 23:58 GMT
#108
On February 04 2014 08:23 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2014 08:19 WaveofShadow wrote:
So close.
I was so damn close, and then reroll.

Anyway, ##vote: marv 'cause policy. We can't have someone of your apparent unlynchability running around these parts so it will be my job to draw any and all attention to you as necessary.

Given this is a vengeful game, this is probably the stupidest thing you could possibly have written. Every single person that gets lynched can shoot me if they so please.


That was clearly a joke right? Dno why you would treat it like it meant something.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
February 03 2014 23:59 GMT
#109
Whoa.
Weird how DP is apparently on the same page as me.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
February 04 2014 00:01 GMT
#110
On February 04 2014 08:59 WaveofShadow wrote:
Whoa.
Weird how DP is apparently on the same page as me.

Lel. I guess I expect more than rank stupidity from you wave. <3
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
February 04 2014 00:02 GMT
#111
On February 04 2014 09:01 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2014 08:59 WaveofShadow wrote:
Whoa.
Weird how DP is apparently on the same page as me.

Lel. I guess I expect more than rank stupidity from you wave. <3

You should never expect more than that.
Just be pleasantly surprised.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
February 04 2014 00:03 GMT
#112
Also a couple of Policy things.

First, before we lynch someone we should make sure we know who they are going to shoot.

Second, we should extend the days for as long as possible. If someone quick hammers I will be fucking furious.

(looking at you rayn)
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
February 04 2014 00:04 GMT
#113
On February 04 2014 09:02 WaveofShadow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2014 09:01 DarthPunk wrote:
On February 04 2014 08:59 WaveofShadow wrote:
Whoa.
Weird how DP is apparently on the same page as me.

Lel. I guess I expect more than rank stupidity from you wave. <3

You should never expect more than that.
Just be pleasantly surprised.


lol, I like that philosophy.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
February 04 2014 00:05 GMT
#114
Now, this is the guy I want to draw your attention to. Notice his first post:
On February 04 2014 08:51 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2014 08:23 marvellosity wrote:
On February 04 2014 08:19 WaveofShadow wrote:
So close.
I was so damn close, and then reroll.

Anyway, ##vote: marv 'cause policy. We can't have someone of your apparent unlynchability running around these parts so it will be my job to draw any and all attention to you as necessary.

Given this is a vengeful game, this is probably the stupidest thing you could possibly have written. Every single person that gets lynched can shoot me if they so please.


I have to admit. The VERY first thing I thought of when I heard you were playing was just shooting you for the fun of it.


Now, compare this with every first post in games where he has been scum.
On October 04 2012 10:12 DarthPunk wrote:
LOL. Just read the day post.

##Vote: Marvellosity


On September 04 2012 08:44 DarthPunk wrote:
Things seem to have progressed quickly. I thought I would post to let you guys know I had popped into the thread. I look forward to playing with you all. (especially my XXIV alum.)

On July 27 2012 09:25 DarthPunk wrote:
Hi Guys! Very excited to finally be playing. I slept in, so at the moment it is ~10:20 my time which is AEST if you ever want to check.
The deadlines are at 6am my time so I will probably be inactive for a few hours after each and before because I will be asleep.
Depending on the situation beforehand I can/will stay up for them but I really don't want that to be a regular thing.
OK now that is out of the way I am going to go back and actually read what has happened in the thread since I went to sleep LOL.

GLHF

<3<3<3.


On November 01 2012 12:16 DarthPunk wrote:
Sup Guys. Just caught up with the thread. So I have a town read on Kush, Unless he has put a great deal of effort into shifting his meta he is playing his town meta this game. So unless something drastic changes I guess that this is the first time I will not be gunning for you buddy. ^_^

If you are a miller you should claim. But I will be wary of such a claim as there have been times in the past in which an uncontested miller claim day one has sealed the win for scum. So we should exercise our judgement on such claims rather than put blind faith on their townieness.

From my first read through Release is looking suspicious. Firstly he is tunnelling townie kush, although he may be unaware of kush's meta he has a scum read over something which is at worst a null tell.
Secondly his posting feels off somehow this post in particular is scummy as shit.

Show nested quote +
On November 01 2012 11:20 Release wrote:
Do not use this post later to claim that i am shifting attention off myself. I acknowledge that I am under suspicion.

So in the flurry of comment regarding the claiming, we seem to have dismissed the possibility of enacting a Lynch-all-liars policy. The main con i see if we do enact it is that we can't pull use fishing for reactions as freely. The main pro, however, is that people can't claim to be fishing for reactions. Another consequence is that more information is in the thread. Both town and mafia know more about true intentions and can react accordingly.

Personally, i am against such a policy because people can very easily say "i changed my mind" and blame/vindication will tend to be imposed base on a town/scum flip.


So after acknowledging that this post is a distraction from the suspicions on himself he attempts to create a tangent discussion on policy. And he proposes a lynch all liars policy that he talks about for a good deal and then decides he is against?

It was fluffy and served to distract the thread from pursuing him. Claiming that you are not doing that does not cause it to be untrue, rather it speaks as if he was guilty of doing EXACTLY THAT.

On June 21 2013 12:54 DarthPunk wrote:
LOL you guys are so silly. Only person I would want to lynch is oats for wanting to lynch cora.

On March 14 2013 23:23 DarthPunk wrote:
Hi Guys <3

I haven't read the thread at all so I am going to go start doing that.



The meta evidence is incredibly overwhelming, look at the super similarities between each opening post and this one here! Conclusive evidence that DP is in fact playing to his scum meta.

##Unvote
##Vote DarthPunk

+ Show Spoiler +
you don't even need to check his town game openers, that would just be overkill at this point
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
February 04 2014 00:06 GMT
#115
Artanis. For what reason did you claim scum? Do you think town is more likely to claim scum or that mafia are. What reason does town have to claim mafia ever?
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
February 04 2014 00:08 GMT
#116
I am going to assume you are trying to troll me holyflare because you are pushing all my buttons right now.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
February 04 2014 00:10 GMT
#117
On February 04 2014 09:08 DarthPunk wrote:
I am going to assume you are trying to troll me holyflare because you are pushing all my buttons right now.


Troll...? No? I quite clearly meta'd you and you are playing identically to your scum meta. Now, shoot artanis the other claimed scum when you die.
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
February 04 2014 00:12 GMT
#118
On February 04 2014 09:03 DarthPunk wrote:
Also a couple of Policy things.

First, before we lynch someone we should make sure we know who they are going to shoot.

Second, we should extend the days for as long as possible. If someone quick hammers I will be fucking furious.

(looking at you rayn)

As much as I love quickhammering 'cause hilarious (especially when Ace is involved), /agree.

Anyway regarding my earlier stuff, this is from Thug Life:
On September 27 2013 05:24 Palmar wrote:
I'm member of one of the mafia teams. I'm requesting one person from the other team PM me, or if that's not allowed, just claim in the thread so we can work together.


And look at the reaction from town:
On September 27 2013 05:30 Grackaroni wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 27 2013 05:24 Palmar wrote:
I'm member of one of the mafia teams. I'm requesting one person from the other team PM me, or if that's not allowed, just claim in the thread so we can work together.

Hello Palmar, I am eager to help your mafia organization. Please tell me your mafia teammates so that I know not to shoot them tonight.

Ehhh...
Trying to find another 'cause I swear it happened in another game I was a part of but I can't think of it right now.

So mebbe not as much evidence as I thought.
Still lookin tho
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
February 04 2014 00:15 GMT
#119
The difference with those claims is the undertone of fake claiming mafia in order for mafia to out themselves.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
February 04 2014 00:15 GMT
#120
On February 04 2014 08:29 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2014 08:23 WaveofShadow wrote:
Also I'd be totally in favour of lynching scumclainers. There does seem to be some truth to holy's 'case,k though the only examle I can think of was ## maybe?
Ill look when I'm not on my phone.


I don't get it? There's some truth to my case but you can only think of 1 example? Those 2 things are contradicting statements.


Wave I still want you to address this.
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 80 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM923
TKL 347
IndyStarCraft 244
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 923
ByuN 399
TKL 347
IndyStarCraft 244
BRAT_OK 45
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 46193
Calm 3014
firebathero 157
actioN 140
Free 45
Sea.KH 36
Mong 32
ToSsGirL 29
Rock 26
soO 23
[ Show more ]
Aegong 20
Pusan 19
scan(afreeca) 17
Terrorterran 14
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
Gorgc9492
Dendi1155
League of Legends
Reynor220
Counter-Strike
fl0m5250
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King88
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu215
Grubby192
MindelVK16
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1784
FrodaN1002
Beastyqt695
B2W.Neo689
olofmeister481
Mlord463
Khaldor459
KnowMe294
crisheroes175
Livibee122
ToD26
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick215
BasetradeTV86
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 25
• Adnapsc2 10
• Reevou 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach70
• Azhi_Dahaki20
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV559
League of Legends
• Nemesis3227
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1442
Other Games
• Shiphtur683
• imaqtpie155
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
1h 43m
BSL Open Qualifier
1h 43m
OSC
5h 43m
Replay Cast
5h 43m
OSC
18h 43m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 17h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.