• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:09
CEST 22:09
KST 05:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7796 users

Normal Mini Mafia: Episode I - Page 33

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 31 32 33 34 35 92 Next
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
January 21 2014 13:57 GMT
#641
ugh.. you do this again suki..
table for two on a tv tray
suki
Profile Joined August 2009
Canada1159 Posts
January 21 2014 13:59 GMT
#642
On January 21 2014 22:20 zarepath wrote:
I still am suspicious of him but maybe that is bias


This quote stands out to me as particularly odd.

Basically zarepath is backpedalling, but he can't just straight up say, maybe I was tunneling too hard, VE doesn't seem (as) scummy to me at the moment. Instead, he's like 'Out of everyone in the game he was the most scummy.. maybe I was tunneling too hard... but I'm still suspicious of him... but maybe that is bias.'

As scum he would be more scared of backing off too quickly. So he can't explain his case against VE (other than, when it all added up he just seemed scummy), and he can't simply drop his case without all these qualifying words of how VE is still scummy to him (but not that scummy).
suki
Profile Joined August 2009
Canada1159 Posts
January 21 2014 13:59 GMT
#643
I was asked what my thoughts on Balla were based on my previous game with him.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
January 21 2014 14:00 GMT
#644
But earlier you said he is suspicious. Then he makes one post you yourself call bad and then you call him town..
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
January 21 2014 14:02 GMT
#645
Or maybe not.. I am really confused. What exactly are you calling him because you are calling him both town and suspicous.. wtf?!?!
table for two on a tv tray
suki
Profile Joined August 2009
Canada1159 Posts
January 21 2014 14:03 GMT
#646
He is suspicious for not contributing, but looking closer at his filter his tone feels the same as when he was townie in our game together. I don't want to consider him for Day 1 lynch.
suki
Profile Joined August 2009
Canada1159 Posts
January 21 2014 14:04 GMT
#647
And I want him to contribute more so I can get a better read on him.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
January 21 2014 14:05 GMT
#648
How does his tone differ from the games he has been mafia in?
table for two on a tv tray
kushm4sta
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States8878 Posts
January 21 2014 14:06 GMT
#649
suki it feels like what you are going to do is some plan you've layed out for yourself, rather than being based on ideas you are having.
OMGUS.net, kush sex blogs every friday night
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
January 21 2014 14:09 GMT
#650
Actually i think Balla's tone is far closer to his scumgame than his town game. As town he tries to get shit done, as scum he is more interested in agreeing/disagreeing with what other people say about other people.
table for two on a tv tray
suki
Profile Joined August 2009
Canada1159 Posts
January 21 2014 14:11 GMT
#651
Actually kush, I feel like I'm flying by the seat of my pants too much this game.
suki
Profile Joined August 2009
Canada1159 Posts
January 21 2014 14:13 GMT
#652
Balla's early game as town is a lot more questioning and posturing and not really scum hunting. In his mafia game he locked onto a target early and stayed on him.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
January 21 2014 14:14 GMT
#653
On January 21 2014 23:13 suki wrote:
Balla's early game as town is a lot more questioning and posturing and not really scum hunting. In his mafia game he locked onto a target early and stayed on him.

And in this game all he has done is defending me. Ha has not really asked anyone enything, besides some half-arsed crap i don't even know what's that gonna accomplish. Then there is a case on Crossfire, in which, again, he talks more about me than Crossfire..
table for two on a tv tray
kushm4sta
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States8878 Posts
January 21 2014 14:17 GMT
#654
On January 21 2014 22:31 raynpelikoneet wrote:
EBWOP:
Like if he is town, he really thinks his points against VE make him mafia (at least thought so), and he can explain the logic behind them.


I see what you are saying. You want him to say why each of these points make someone mafia?
But he is saying why it makes VE scum.
It's easy to attack someone for being obviously contradictory without actually calling them scummy, and that's what he did

He is saying that these things he is doing are easy to do as scum. The traits he is pointing out are more commonly seen in scum.


On January 21 2014 03:46 zarepath wrote:
I am thinking VE is scummy based off of a few things:

1. Lots of early discussion about the two plans
+ Show Spoiler +
He talked a lot about the two plans and asked others about them, and said so many things about them that people were mixing up which plan he was talking about. Not necessarily scummy in and of itself, but a very easy topic to talk about if you don't actually want to start making reads on people


2. Immediate attack on Wiley for blue claiming
+ Show Spoiler +
This seemed like another very easy thing to do, but in his accusation he doesn't really explain why it's scummy, just that "it's all bad." It's easy to attack someone for being obviously contradictory without actually calling them scummy, and that's what he did.

On January 20 2014 14:25 VisceraEyes wrote:
##Vote Wile E
His little act about not knowing what a boxer is does not really jive with the claim. Add to that the fact that he claimed 5 hours into the game after being very clear about how he feels about boxers claiming, and it all just looks bad.


I also dislike the sentationalism in this, "his little act," etc., especially in combination with a lack of explanation as to why this means he's scum. It reminds me of Mocsta scum from when I played with him a year ago.


3. Defensive tone

+ Show Spoiler +
On January 20 2014 12:09 VisceraEyes wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2014 11:45 JonnyLaw wrote:
On January 20 2014 11:26 VisceraEyes wrote:
It does NOT matter if scum figure out the setup before town does...in fact given the nature of this game that is pretty much a given. What DOES matter it's that we not tell them exactly what it is ON DAY ONE BEFORE WE GET ANY INFO OURSELVES, which is very possible if we have boxers claim.

Is it worth the risk? I'm starting to think not, but want other opinions.



Why do you think not?

I think scum.

I don't understand the question. Or the accusation.


On January 20 2014 22:36 VisceraEyes wrote:
There isn't much to them. After reading through I can at least say that he weakly agrees that I look bad (though I don't know why) and he believes the boxer claim and he thinks other boxers should not claim.

I wouldn't mind some elaboration on his issue with me.


On January 20 2014 22:52 VisceraEyes wrote:
Kish look me in the balls and tell me you don't think that as town if I don't believe a claim that I wouldn't vote for it if I think it is scum.

It is not dumb for scum to claim Named VT, they are supposed to claim SOMETHING other than Mafia, yes?


On January 20 2014 23:01 VisceraEyes wrote:
Ski I'm literally ignoring your posts friend. If you have an actual accusation I'll respond to that.


4. Wishy-washy demeanor

+ Show Spoiler +
On January 20 2014 09:23 VisceraEyes wrote:
I'm KINDA okay with Boxers claiming.


On January 20 2014 10:01 VisceraEyes wrote:
Yeah I'm mostly indifferent to the matter. I can see the argument for it not being needed and it giving scum information, but I think it could help us in the future by 1) eliminating scum's ability to fake-claim it on the block and 2) forcing scum to decide now whether they want to fake-claim the role.


On January 20 2014 11:40 VisceraEyes wrote:
I'm giving benefit of the doubt where that its concerned...I had to go look again at the setup to remember myself when it was first mentioned.


5. Wants others to discuss things, not himself

+ Show Spoiler +
On January 20 2014 11:26 VisceraEyes wrote:
It does NOT matter if scum figure out the setup before town does...in fact given the nature of this game that is pretty much a given. What DOES matter it's that we not tell them exactly what it is ON DAY ONE BEFORE WE GET ANY INFO OURSELVES, which is very possible if we have boxers claim.

Is it worth the risk? I'm starting to think not, but want other opinions.


Yes, let's talk MORE about these plans

On January 20 2014 22:36 VisceraEyes wrote:
There isn't much to them. After reading through I can at least say that he weakly agrees that I look bad (though I don't know why) and he believes the boxer claim and he thinks other boxers should not claim.

I wouldn't mind some elaboration on his issue with me.


On January 20 2014 22:47 VisceraEyes wrote:
Kish I'm open to suggestions. If you think someone is a better lynch then convince me. Its called playing Mafia! :D


On January 20 2014 23:04 VisceraEyes wrote:
What do you think of bum kush? I liked rayns post on the matter, and agree he looks bad. What do you think?


Note the lack of reasoning for his agreement, but the suggestion that others should talk about it


6. "Giving up" on his Wiley scum read and switching to a more convenient target

+ Show Spoiler +
On January 20 2014 23:09 VisceraEyes wrote:
I think the timing is such that it is more likely to be a scum fakeclaim than town, but I'm not 100% sold on it. The more we talk about it, the more I can see a townie just not caring what he said earlier, and I guess it's less likely that scum would do something completely against what they previously went on record saying.

I can give Slam more time I guess.

##Unvote
##Vote bumatlarge


Read: The more people disagree with me, the more I think I should stop pushing for his lynch. I will now randomly vote for someone somebody else made a case on without any further reasoning.

Note that the entirety of this post is actually justifying why he is no longer voting for Wiley, and not at ALL why he is now voting for bumatlarge.


VE is scummy in tone, content, and voting patterns, and my top scum read now.

##Vote VisceraEyes
OMGUS.net, kush sex blogs every friday night
suki
Profile Joined August 2009
Canada1159 Posts
January 21 2014 14:17 GMT
#655
Right. In other words, he's questioning and posturing.

I feel like a scum Balla would be trying really hard to contribute and show that he's townie despite the lack of activity. This Balla just seems like he's approaching the game in the same manner as when he's townie.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
January 21 2014 14:19 GMT
#656
Okay, then we have a totally different opinion on Balla's town/scum play or you are lying.
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
January 21 2014 14:20 GMT
#657
Also we have a totally differing opinion on what's questioning and posturing..
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
January 21 2014 14:22 GMT
#658
On January 21 2014 23:17 kushm4sta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2014 22:31 raynpelikoneet wrote:
EBWOP:
Like if he is town, he really thinks his points against VE make him mafia (at least thought so), and he can explain the logic behind them.


I see what you are saying. You want him to say why each of these points make someone mafia?
But he is saying why it makes VE scum.
Show nested quote +
It's easy to attack someone for being obviously contradictory without actually calling them scummy, and that's what he did

He is saying that these things he is doing are easy to do as scum. The traits he is pointing out are more commonly seen in scum.


Show nested quote +
On January 21 2014 03:46 zarepath wrote:
I am thinking VE is scummy based off of a few things:

1. Lots of early discussion about the two plans
+ Show Spoiler +
He talked a lot about the two plans and asked others about them, and said so many things about them that people were mixing up which plan he was talking about. Not necessarily scummy in and of itself, but a very easy topic to talk about if you don't actually want to start making reads on people


2. Immediate attack on Wiley for blue claiming
+ Show Spoiler +
This seemed like another very easy thing to do, but in his accusation he doesn't really explain why it's scummy, just that "it's all bad." It's easy to attack someone for being obviously contradictory without actually calling them scummy, and that's what he did.

On January 20 2014 14:25 VisceraEyes wrote:
##Vote Wile E
His little act about not knowing what a boxer is does not really jive with the claim. Add to that the fact that he claimed 5 hours into the game after being very clear about how he feels about boxers claiming, and it all just looks bad.


I also dislike the sentationalism in this, "his little act," etc., especially in combination with a lack of explanation as to why this means he's scum. It reminds me of Mocsta scum from when I played with him a year ago.


3. Defensive tone

+ Show Spoiler +
On January 20 2014 12:09 VisceraEyes wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2014 11:45 JonnyLaw wrote:
On January 20 2014 11:26 VisceraEyes wrote:
It does NOT matter if scum figure out the setup before town does...in fact given the nature of this game that is pretty much a given. What DOES matter it's that we not tell them exactly what it is ON DAY ONE BEFORE WE GET ANY INFO OURSELVES, which is very possible if we have boxers claim.

Is it worth the risk? I'm starting to think not, but want other opinions.



Why do you think not?

I think scum.

I don't understand the question. Or the accusation.


On January 20 2014 22:36 VisceraEyes wrote:
There isn't much to them. After reading through I can at least say that he weakly agrees that I look bad (though I don't know why) and he believes the boxer claim and he thinks other boxers should not claim.

I wouldn't mind some elaboration on his issue with me.


On January 20 2014 22:52 VisceraEyes wrote:
Kish look me in the balls and tell me you don't think that as town if I don't believe a claim that I wouldn't vote for it if I think it is scum.

It is not dumb for scum to claim Named VT, they are supposed to claim SOMETHING other than Mafia, yes?


On January 20 2014 23:01 VisceraEyes wrote:
Ski I'm literally ignoring your posts friend. If you have an actual accusation I'll respond to that.


4. Wishy-washy demeanor

+ Show Spoiler +
On January 20 2014 09:23 VisceraEyes wrote:
I'm KINDA okay with Boxers claiming.


On January 20 2014 10:01 VisceraEyes wrote:
Yeah I'm mostly indifferent to the matter. I can see the argument for it not being needed and it giving scum information, but I think it could help us in the future by 1) eliminating scum's ability to fake-claim it on the block and 2) forcing scum to decide now whether they want to fake-claim the role.


On January 20 2014 11:40 VisceraEyes wrote:
I'm giving benefit of the doubt where that its concerned...I had to go look again at the setup to remember myself when it was first mentioned.


5. Wants others to discuss things, not himself

+ Show Spoiler +
On January 20 2014 11:26 VisceraEyes wrote:
It does NOT matter if scum figure out the setup before town does...in fact given the nature of this game that is pretty much a given. What DOES matter it's that we not tell them exactly what it is ON DAY ONE BEFORE WE GET ANY INFO OURSELVES, which is very possible if we have boxers claim.

Is it worth the risk? I'm starting to think not, but want other opinions.


Yes, let's talk MORE about these plans

On January 20 2014 22:36 VisceraEyes wrote:
There isn't much to them. After reading through I can at least say that he weakly agrees that I look bad (though I don't know why) and he believes the boxer claim and he thinks other boxers should not claim.

I wouldn't mind some elaboration on his issue with me.


On January 20 2014 22:47 VisceraEyes wrote:
Kish I'm open to suggestions. If you think someone is a better lynch then convince me. Its called playing Mafia! :D


On January 20 2014 23:04 VisceraEyes wrote:
What do you think of bum kush? I liked rayns post on the matter, and agree he looks bad. What do you think?


Note the lack of reasoning for his agreement, but the suggestion that others should talk about it


6. "Giving up" on his Wiley scum read and switching to a more convenient target

+ Show Spoiler +
On January 20 2014 23:09 VisceraEyes wrote:
I think the timing is such that it is more likely to be a scum fakeclaim than town, but I'm not 100% sold on it. The more we talk about it, the more I can see a townie just not caring what he said earlier, and I guess it's less likely that scum would do something completely against what they previously went on record saying.

I can give Slam more time I guess.

##Unvote
##Vote bumatlarge


Read: The more people disagree with me, the more I think I should stop pushing for his lynch. I will now randomly vote for someone somebody else made a case on without any further reasoning.

Note that the entirety of this post is actually justifying why he is no longer voting for Wiley, and not at ALL why he is now voting for bumatlarge.


VE is scummy in tone, content, and voting patterns, and my top scum read now.

##Vote VisceraEyes

You are starting to annoy me again. Instead of defending every single fucking person in this game tell us who is mafia and people do their own defending.
table for two on a tv tray
suki
Profile Joined August 2009
Canada1159 Posts
January 21 2014 14:22 GMT
#659
Fair enough.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
January 21 2014 14:26 GMT
#660
Like i just looked at his past games and:
  • town games - 19 and 23 pages of filter, a lot of oneliners, questions many people about his concerns, is clearly trying to find out what people think about what he thinks is important
  • scum game - 7 pages of filter, more big irrelevant posts that are inclined to talk about what X thinks of Y and how it's right/wrong. no real pushing of his own ideas.


If i don't even think about the motivation behind Balla's posts in this game and just look at what he has said it looks exactly like he played mafia and nothing like his town play to me.
table for two on a tv tray
Prev 1 31 32 33 34 35 92 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 13h 51m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 85
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15772
Calm 2212
Mini 156
Rush 104
EffOrt 93
Trap 21
Bale 17
scan(afreeca) 17
Dota 2
febbydoto12
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
fl0m5586
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King54
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4203
Liquid`Hasu634
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1836
Beastyqt716
RotterdaM574
B2W.Neo536
shahzam284
C9.Mang0282
crisheroes183
IndyStarCraft 181
QueenE99
Trikslyr94
UpATreeSC60
Dewaltoss58
ToD41
ZombieGrub40
JuggernautJason20
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream22
Other Games
Algost 4
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 30
• Michael_bg 16
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade997
Other Games
• imaqtpie992
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
13h 51m
INu's Battles
14h 51m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
16h 51m
OSC
1d 2h
Replay Cast
1d 2h
OSC
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.