• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:42
CEST 01:42
KST 08:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8450 users

Normal Mini Mafia: Episode I - Page 35

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 33 34 35 36 37 92 Next
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
January 21 2014 15:24 GMT
#681
On January 22 2014 00:08 suki wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2014 23:50 raynpelikoneet wrote:
If he thinks that post is so scummy why did he not call it out in the first place? Or if he has such a strong town read on me, why was he more interested in telling "bum and rayn are town" in thread when i was attacking Crossfire for that post?


Right. Why indeed? I feel a scum Balla would be more inclined to scum hunt right away and post reads, while a town Balla is more likely to sit back and digest the thread before posting a case.

I'm not saying Balla's play is good by any means, what I'm saying is that I'd rather wait until he's contributed more before solidifying my read on him.

Yes i understand haha.

Maybe you are right and i am wrong. I coached scum in one game Balla was town and i was amused scumteam did not hit him on any night as he did look super townie from the beginning with his proactiveness. I don't see any pro-activeness here.

Anyways this is quite an useless discussion as we are not going to end up in a same conclusion (obviously) so let's just wait and see what he posts. He should feel threatened and under pressure because everyone (me) thinks he is mafia so better start posting quick.
table for two on a tv tray
kushm4sta
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States8878 Posts
January 21 2014 15:32 GMT
#682
sir is gender neutral
OMGUS.net, kush sex blogs every friday night
suki
Profile Joined August 2009
Canada1159 Posts
January 21 2014 15:44 GMT
#683
Not according to webster :p But I'm just bugging you.
kushm4sta
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States8878 Posts
January 21 2014 15:50 GMT
#684
On January 22 2014 00:44 suki wrote:
Not according to webster :p But I'm just bugging you.

2 a —used as a usually respectful form of address
secondary definition is gender neutral on merriam webster
OMGUS.net, kush sex blogs every friday night
kushm4sta
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States8878 Posts
January 21 2014 15:55 GMT
#685
why is bum town? I would like someone to try to answer that or point to an answer.
OMGUS.net, kush sex blogs every friday night
kushm4sta
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States8878 Posts
January 21 2014 15:57 GMT
#686
and if not you have to join the wagon.
OMGUS.net, kush sex blogs every friday night
kushm4sta
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States8878 Posts
January 21 2014 16:09 GMT
#687
going through filters and these are the ones im finding scummy
Artanis[Xp]
Barristanthebold
bum

OMGUS.net, kush sex blogs every friday night
zarepath
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1626 Posts
January 21 2014 16:22 GMT
#688
I could join a bum scum wagon for his rationale of ending his VE assault, notably because of this:

On January 21 2014 11:46 bumatlarge wrote:
VisceraEyes. Read below. If you do not answer sufficiently, I cannot, as a town-aligned player, ever take my vote off you.


Followed by this:

On January 21 2014 14:18 bumatlarge wrote:
##unvote

You win. I'm not going to pursue this charade if no one else finds it worth while.


If he did not ACTUALLY think he would never take his vote off without VE satisfactorily answering his questions (which is the case, as evidenced by him taking his vote off of him), what was the purpose of stating it in such a dramatic way? I'm thinking for appearance, which is actually backed up by the second quote, where he shares his rationale for dropping the vote, which is purely because of what everyone else thinks.

The ideal townie would pursue his read no matter what, but a non-ideal townie isn't necessarily scum. What shouts scummy to me is the transparent motivation of focusing on how everyone else perceives his arguments, and not on his arguments themselves.
"Your efforts you put in will never betray you." - Flash | "If I'm not good enough, I don't wanna win." - Naniwa
kushm4sta
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States8878 Posts
January 21 2014 16:25 GMT
#689
zare you forgeo to vote
OMGUS.net, kush sex blogs every friday night
kushm4sta
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States8878 Posts
January 21 2014 16:25 GMT
#690
forgot
OMGUS.net, kush sex blogs every friday night
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
January 21 2014 16:25 GMT
#691
@rayn

I'm not having doubts about bum, like his response to my question didn't even attempt to answer any of the points I raised. I answered his questions, you may not have seen them because he mysteriously spoilered it out, but he asked me questions and I answered them, jovially and without malice, yet I'm the one who's unreasonable and unworthy of response. I think it's all an act and he's just angry about being caught.

Simultaneously it seems like there's some resistance to his lynch that I can't pinpoint. People being more certain of others for instance, or players like yourself who seem suspicious of him but aren't voting for him and are looking for other targets. Can I assume you ask because of my possible willingness to lynch Xfire?
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
kushm4sta
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States8878 Posts
January 21 2014 16:39 GMT
#692
ZAREPATH YOU FORGOT TO VOTE.
this wagon is real so add your vote please.
OMGUS.net, kush sex blogs every friday night
BarristanTheBold
Profile Joined February 2013
Angola89 Posts
January 21 2014 16:39 GMT
#693
Yo, zare:

On January 22 2014 01:22 zarepath wrote:
The ideal townie would pursue his read no matter what, but a non-ideal townie isn't necessarily scum. What shouts scummy to me is the transparent motivation of focusing on how everyone else perceives his arguments, and not on his arguments themselves.


On January 21 2014 22:20 zarepath wrote:
To me, it all added up to him being mafia. Maybe I overreacted to what I thought was a pattern of focus on how others perceived him, all the tonal things I mentioned. That early in the game it's hard to have real proof, but of everyone who'd participated, VE just seemed scummy. Some parts of my case have continued (switching votes without any real explanation as to why -- such as unvoting bum out of the blue after several pages of trying to get EVERYONE to talk about him) but in retrospect, I may have been tunneling. I will have to step back for a bit.

I still am suspicious of him but maybe that is bias, so I'm going to step back and renew my reads on everyone now.

##Unvote VisceraEyes


So basically what you're saying is that you're not a real townie?
kushm4sta
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States8878 Posts
January 21 2014 16:40 GMT
#694
On January 22 2014 01:39 BarristanTheBold wrote:
Yo, zare:

Show nested quote +
On January 22 2014 01:22 zarepath wrote:
The ideal townie would pursue his read no matter what, but a non-ideal townie isn't necessarily scum. What shouts scummy to me is the transparent motivation of focusing on how everyone else perceives his arguments, and not on his arguments themselves.


Show nested quote +
On January 21 2014 22:20 zarepath wrote:
To me, it all added up to him being mafia. Maybe I overreacted to what I thought was a pattern of focus on how others perceived him, all the tonal things I mentioned. That early in the game it's hard to have real proof, but of everyone who'd participated, VE just seemed scummy. Some parts of my case have continued (switching votes without any real explanation as to why -- such as unvoting bum out of the blue after several pages of trying to get EVERYONE to talk about him) but in retrospect, I may have been tunneling. I will have to step back for a bit.

I still am suspicious of him but maybe that is bias, so I'm going to step back and renew my reads on everyone now.

##Unvote VisceraEyes


So basically what you're saying is that you're not a real townie?


he said ideal not real. they mean very different things.
OMGUS.net, kush sex blogs every friday night
zarepath
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1626 Posts
January 21 2014 16:41 GMT
#695
Sure, I could vote now.

##Vote bumatlarge

"Your efforts you put in will never betray you." - Flash | "If I'm not good enough, I don't wanna win." - Naniwa
zarepath
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1626 Posts
January 21 2014 16:44 GMT
#696
On January 22 2014 01:39 BarristanTheBold wrote:
Yo, zare:

Show nested quote +
On January 22 2014 01:22 zarepath wrote:
The ideal townie would pursue his read no matter what, but a non-ideal townie isn't necessarily scum. What shouts scummy to me is the transparent motivation of focusing on how everyone else perceives his arguments, and not on his arguments themselves.


Show nested quote +
On January 21 2014 22:20 zarepath wrote:
To me, it all added up to him being mafia. Maybe I overreacted to what I thought was a pattern of focus on how others perceived him, all the tonal things I mentioned. That early in the game it's hard to have real proof, but of everyone who'd participated, VE just seemed scummy. Some parts of my case have continued (switching votes without any real explanation as to why -- such as unvoting bum out of the blue after several pages of trying to get EVERYONE to talk about him) but in retrospect, I may have been tunneling. I will have to step back for a bit.

I still am suspicious of him but maybe that is bias, so I'm going to step back and renew my reads on everyone now.

##Unvote VisceraEyes


So basically what you're saying is that you're not a real townie?


That's clearly different. I realized I may have subconsciously tunneled in order to support my hunch and thus I needed to re-evaluate. Bum unvoted because nobody else was listening to him.
"Your efforts you put in will never betray you." - Flash | "If I'm not good enough, I don't wanna win." - Naniwa
BarristanTheBold
Profile Joined February 2013
Angola89 Posts
January 21 2014 16:52 GMT
#697
@VE: you've played with bum before and I haven't. Give me a quick paragraph of how you would describe his play in general.
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
January 21 2014 17:01 GMT
#698
I mean, he generally at least pretends to contribute regardless of his alignment. This failtunnel of me is out of character. Like he's not interacting with anyone else - there was a little bit when he was talking to rayn about Kush, but even that goes nowhere and ends abruptly. I'd expect town bum to be trying to figure out peoples' alignments rather than dick around with a tunnel on VE that is obviously going nowhere. I'd expect a scum bum to be more proactive about pushing objectives and playing up his own contributions. His play this game is neither of those things, so any meta I provide is ultimately worthless.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
suki
Profile Joined August 2009
Canada1159 Posts
January 21 2014 17:05 GMT
#699
On January 21 2014 02:44 bumatlarge wrote:
It might have been just you asking kush twelve times in your filter. I'm going to re-evalute things. I pretty much did what VE did and called him scum. Suki makes case on VE, bum - "cool", rayn makes case on bum, VE - "cool" "OMG VE DIDNT EVEN READ IT"


Bum is really self-conscious throughout the game. I don't like how he stepped off his pressure from VE just because no one was listening to him. If VE was the most scummy person in the game to Bum then he wouldn't have stepped off. If VE wasn't the most scummy, Bum would already have someone in mind who is more scummy and would have posted something I think rather than just disappear.

I'm starting to agree that Bum looks scummy.. but now Zarepath (my number 1 scum pick) has just bandwagoned (or bussed) onto bum?

Hmm.....
BarristanTheBold
Profile Joined February 2013
Angola89 Posts
January 21 2014 17:07 GMT
#700
Alright. What you said about his scum games is something I noticed too. He tended to put himself out there and attempt to lead town quite often. I couldn't find much of a pattern from his town games though because half of the ones i looked through were just lurk fests where he did nothing.
Prev 1 33 34 35 36 37 92 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
CranKy Ducklings48
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta26
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 146
ProTech145
ViBE144
SpeCial 0
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13812
Artosis 538
PianO 28
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm138
canceldota129
League of Legends
Doublelift3976
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1621
minikerr15
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe126
Other Games
summit1g7761
shahzam611
Day[9].tv451
C9.Mang0386
Maynarde86
Trikslyr55
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV134
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 50
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP28
• RyuSc2 25
• Response 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1008
• Shiphtur582
• Day9tv451
Upcoming Events
OSC
23h 18m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 10h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 17h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 19h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.