• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:52
CEST 20:52
KST 03:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8835 users

Normal Mini Mafia: Episode I - Page 24

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 26 92 Next
BarristanTheBold
Profile Joined February 2013
Angola89 Posts
January 21 2014 00:14 GMT
#461
Okay fellas, the person we should be voting for today is: zarepath

Why, you ask?

Well, let's take a look at his last game as town: The Game

There are a couple of things we can notice from his filter that are already different from his few posts in this game:

1) The length and analysis of his posts in general. Yea, he had some smaller posts, but for the most part he was in there getting his hands dirty and trying to figure the game out despite not really posting a lot. What I mean is, when he did post, he was contributing meaningful things to the thread. He was question people, making points about a lot of people, etc etc. This game, literally the only thing he has talked about was VE, and even then he's just parroting other people's points into a big post to justify his vote.

Pre-Edit: I will note that I did like this part of his VE case, which gives me a slight pause, but it's not enough, IMO.

zarepath wrote:
Note that the entirety of this post is actually justifying why he is no longer voting for Wiley, and not at ALL why he is now voting for bumatlarge.


2) Now, for the kicker. Look at how he votes and pushes his scum reads. Hint: he doesn't. He limps in to every vote with some bit of analysis, and then no pressure whatsoever because he doesn't trust his votes. He bounces around talking about a bunch of different people without ever focusing on a singular read. In short, he doesn't tunnel like...ever.


TL;DR Zarepath made a convenient case parroting other people's points about VE as soon as thread sentiment starting turning towards VE and has done nothing but tunnel him with very little actual analysis or attempt to figure the game out, which is completely the opposite of how zarepath played as town in the past. He be scum, yo.
BarristanTheBold
Profile Joined February 2013
Angola89 Posts
January 21 2014 00:15 GMT
#462
ebwop: ##Vote: zarepath
suki
Profile Joined August 2009
Canada1159 Posts
January 21 2014 00:52 GMT
#463
You know what, I agree with you Barristan.

I think Zarepath's case on VE is just a list of points that tries to squeeze out any sort of scumminess. It's weak, but he sounds like he's trying so hard to make it work. His follow up posts are all trying to keep up the pressure on VE.

Compared to the filter linked by Barristan, Zarepath's tone has changed completely. In his previous game filter he had no problem listing off a bunch of people who he thought were scummy, and doing a bunch of analysis. In this game he's only talked about VE and no one else, and VE is not the only suspicious person in this game.

##unvote
##vote Zarepath

I'm going to lay off VE for a bit. Pressuring him is going nowhere and I think he's defended well.
zarepath
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1626 Posts
January 21 2014 00:53 GMT
#464
@Barristan

1) I simply have not had much time so far this game. Sundays are always my busiest days of the week (and this goes back to all of my games) and I barely had a chance to read the thread then, and today I've been doing family stuff b/c holiday and poking back in. My activity level should rise appropriately the rest of the week, but still probably not to The Game levels as I have another kid now and my schedule's tightened.

I reject the notion that my "focus" on VE has been a simple parroting of other's comments, as that's not what I did at all. His switch to bum looked very suspicious and I did my own analysis of him, and that case was the result. My case was completely ignored and I HAVE tried to push it back into people's attention, so I think that's a mischaracterization.

2) You talk about me voting and pushing my scum reads as if this is a pattern I've established in this game, when I've had one main read that I've made a case on so far, and my analysis was more in-depth than essentially every argument leading up to a vote in this thread. I don't see how you consider my analysis of VE leading up to my vote on him as being worse than VE voting for bum, his only justification being... that it's okay that he's giving up on his earlier vote.
"Your efforts you put in will never betray you." - Flash | "If I'm not good enough, I don't wanna win." - Naniwa
suki
Profile Joined August 2009
Canada1159 Posts
January 21 2014 00:53 GMT
#465
I think Zarepath smells like a scum who is trying hard to make a townie look scummy.
kushm4sta
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States8878 Posts
January 21 2014 00:54 GMT
#466
haven't read your case yet barristan but I did think zarepath looked scummy with just in passing.

Where does Bum look townie btw?

~~~
suki what thinks you about the scumslip?
OMGUS.net, kush sex blogs every friday night
suki
Profile Joined August 2009
Canada1159 Posts
January 21 2014 01:02 GMT
#467
On January 20 2014 18:33 bumatlarge wrote:

I disagree, the only reason you think it's reasonable is because he is holding back because he probably wrong about you. I'm just working out what I can remember from VE if he posts like this as town.


"Because he (is) probably wrong about you"
VE is accusing WileE of being scum.
Bum thinks WileE is probably town.

-> VE is probably wrong about WileE being scum.

I don't think it's a slip.

If you assume that bum is mafia, then why would he add in 'probably'? To put it another way, if bum had instead said '... he is holding back because he is wrong about you.' that is what I would call a slip, because bum would have just given away the fact that he knows what WileE's alignment is.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
January 21 2014 01:03 GMT
#468
On January 21 2014 06:45 suki wrote:
Sheeping/agreeing with someone doesn't make anyone mafia, but VE has failed to contribute anything to the game aside from OMGUS and policy talk.

So VE is town in your eyes purely from a meta read.

On January 21 2014 09:52 suki wrote:
......

I'm going to lay off VE for a bit. Pressuring him is going nowhere and I think he's defended well.

What's changed between these posts?
table for two on a tv tray
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
January 21 2014 01:03 GMT
#469
On January 21 2014 10:02 suki wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2014 18:33 bumatlarge wrote:

I disagree, the only reason you think it's reasonable is because he is holding back because he probably wrong about you. I'm just working out what I can remember from VE if he posts like this as town.


"Because he (is) probably wrong about you"
VE is accusing WileE of being scum.
Bum thinks WileE is probably town.

-> VE is probably wrong about WileE being scum.

I don't think it's a slip.

If you assume that bum is mafia, then why would he add in 'probably'? To put it another way, if bum had instead said '... he is holding back because he is wrong about you.' that is what I would call a slip, because bum would have just given away the fact that he knows what WileE's alignment is.

I read it this way too. I disagree that any kind of slip occurred.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
January 21 2014 01:05 GMT
#470
On January 21 2014 10:02 suki wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2014 18:33 bumatlarge wrote:

I disagree, the only reason you think it's reasonable is because he is holding back because he probably wrong about you. I'm just working out what I can remember from VE if he posts like this as town.


"Because he (is) probably wrong about you"
VE is accusing WileE of being scum.
Bum thinks WileE is probably town.

-> VE is probably wrong about WileE being scum.

I don't think it's a slip.

If you assume that bum is mafia, then why would he add in 'probably'? To put it another way, if bum had instead said '... he is holding back because he is wrong about you.' that is what I would call a slip, because bum would have just given away the fact that he knows what WileE's alignment is.

He is saying bum slipped because he implies he knows VE is town because if VE is scum he would not possibly be wrong about WileE as he would know his alignment.

I don't trust these "scumslips". arguing about semantics is dumb imo.
table for two on a tv tray
kushm4sta
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States8878 Posts
January 21 2014 01:08 GMT
#471
@BARRISTAN WHAT THE F has bum done that's town since then?
OMGUS.net, kush sex blogs every friday night
BarristanTheBold
Profile Joined February 2013
Angola89 Posts
January 21 2014 01:09 GMT
#472
On January 21 2014 10:05 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2014 10:02 suki wrote:
On January 20 2014 18:33 bumatlarge wrote:

I disagree, the only reason you think it's reasonable is because he is holding back because he probably wrong about you. I'm just working out what I can remember from VE if he posts like this as town.


"Because he (is) probably wrong about you"
VE is accusing WileE of being scum.
Bum thinks WileE is probably town.

-> VE is probably wrong about WileE being scum.

I don't think it's a slip.

If you assume that bum is mafia, then why would he add in 'probably'? To put it another way, if bum had instead said '... he is holding back because he is wrong about you.' that is what I would call a slip, because bum would have just given away the fact that he knows what WileE's alignment is.

He is saying bum slipped because he implies he knows VE is town because if VE is scum he would not possibly be wrong about WileE as he would know his alignment.

I don't trust these "scumslips". arguing about semantics is dumb imo.

Right. The slip was in regards to VE being town, while simultaneously arguing about VE being scum.

But I agree about "scumslips" in general, and it's a weak argument anyways.
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
January 21 2014 01:09 GMT
#473
Does anyone have any idea who Balla thinks is suspicious? I don't, and I'm staring at his filter.

##Unvote
##Vote: Balla24
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
BarristanTheBold
Profile Joined February 2013
Angola89 Posts
January 21 2014 01:10 GMT
#474
On January 21 2014 10:08 kushm4sta wrote:
@BARRISTAN WHAT THE F has bum done that's town since then?

Hold your fucking horses, I'm responding to zarepath first.
kushm4sta
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States8878 Posts
January 21 2014 01:11 GMT
#475
Bum says "probably" because he is showing his own uncertainty about Wiley's alignment. The scumslip is in the choice of the word "wrong," and just the whole idea that he would release his pressure just because he was "wrong."
So he wouldn't release the pressure if it was a bus? That idea just makes no sense from a town perspective.
OMGUS.net, kush sex blogs every friday night
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
January 21 2014 01:12 GMT
#476
##unvote
table for two on a tv tray
suki
Profile Joined August 2009
Canada1159 Posts
January 21 2014 01:12 GMT
#477
On January 21 2014 10:03 raynpelikoneet wrote:
What's changed between these posts?


Several things...
First, I felt that it was becoming 'too easy' to attack VE, especially with bum and now zarepath making big cases on him that essentially say the same things but in many words. I felt VE was just reiterating the same thing over and over in his defenses, and the attacks were not coming up with new/interesting points.

Second, I feel that his blow up was townie. I also feel that martyrdom is generally a more townie thing to do. However I didn't want to put a lot of stock into it because I haven't played with him and hence can't really interpret his meta.

Third, I'm honestly a bit intimidated by you guys. I think rayn, your meta read that he's town is something I can trust for now (at least until we see a bit more from VE). I also felt hurt when VE straight up said he was ignoring me, but that sort of attitude also feels townie to me.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
January 21 2014 01:13 GMT
#478
kush talk to me more about this. Like actually explain it to me so that i understand it.
with pictures. <3
table for two on a tv tray
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
January 21 2014 01:15 GMT
#479
On January 21 2014 10:12 suki wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2014 10:03 raynpelikoneet wrote:
What's changed between these posts?


Several things...
First, I felt that it was becoming 'too easy' to attack VE, especially with bum and now zarepath making big cases on him that essentially say the same things but in many words. I felt VE was just reiterating the same thing over and over in his defenses, and the attacks were not coming up with new/interesting points.

Second, I feel that his blow up was townie. I also feel that martyrdom is generally a more townie thing to do. However I didn't want to put a lot of stock into it because I haven't played with him and hence can't really interpret his meta.

Third, I'm honestly a bit intimidated by you guys. I think rayn, your meta read that he's town is something I can trust for now (at least until we see a bit more from VE). I also felt hurt when VE straight up said he was ignoring me, but that sort of attitude also feels townie to me.

I'm only ignoring your posts that call me scum because 1) I've found that is the best way for me to remain objective while trying to read YOUR alignment and 2) I get offended really really easily when people call me scum and rather than pick a fight or start screaming at you, I feel like ignoring the problem altogether is slightly more palatable for everyone.

It's nothing personal, and I'm not ignoring all of your posts...just any that call me scum. Because I'm not.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
January 21 2014 01:17 GMT
#480
VE do you think Artanis is making any sense at all?
table for two on a tv tray
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 26 92 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 8m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 460
ProTech142
UpATreeSC 114
BRAT_OK 112
Railgan 37
MindelVK 20
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 1974
Shuttle 351
Dewaltoss 116
Trap 30
Bale 22
scan(afreeca) 16
Dota 2
XaKoH 636
420jenkins426
Counter-Strike
fl0m4114
Fnx 667
x6flipin187
kRYSTAL_23
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3599
Liquid`Hasu493
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1828
FrodaN800
B2W.Neo416
Livibee190
C9.Mang0149
TKL 107
QueenE78
RotterdaM65
ToD43
Mew2King30
JuggernautJason12
summit1g0
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV238
BasetradeTV186
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream28
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 9
• Adnapsc2 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 38
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2925
• TFBlade728
Other Games
• Shiphtur1253
• imaqtpie767
• WagamamaTV337
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
5h 8m
Patches Events
21h 8m
The PondCast
1d 15h
INu's Battles
1d 16h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.