• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:26
CEST 15:26
KST 22:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7092 users

Resistance 3 - Page 53

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 51 52 53 54 55 57 Next
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
January 10 2014 15:38 GMT
#1041
On January 11 2014 00:32 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Fucking shit. I mean why Koshi 0 care?

Game is impossible to win.
I had a good night of sleep.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
January 10 2014 15:39 GMT
#1042
And why the hell is that? If you are town we have 3 confirmed townies. Why would you say game is impossible to win? You need to find one townie now, then one townie more after this mission and gg.

Why don't people play this game for fucks sake?
table for two on a tv tray
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
January 10 2014 15:50 GMT
#1043
That's bad logic. There is no reason for me to be town. There is no reason for you to be town. Really 0 reason. Because you make sensible posts you are town?? Ofc not, and there is NOTHING we have to verify you are town. So you went on 2 missions and they both failed? So what? There were 5 others who could be spies. There is nothing to pressure people with in this game on D1: activity might be an indicator but why can't scum be active, there is no reason for them to not be active and "scumhunt" because there are no flips and nobody will ever know if you were wrong.

We all roll dices and hope they fall correct.

It's 6 vs 3.
Voting analysis is fucking silly because it is so easy for scum to see what will happen and vote accordingly.
No flips ever.
No blue powers or something like that.


This is comparable to a 6 vs 3 mini without flips, blue roles or NK. Just lynches in the darkness. Which town just doesn't win unless lucky. Extremely lucky.

I guess this is for endgame but the math behind this makes it very unlikely town wins this unless everybody is a super duper pro player, otherwise you need extreme luck to win as town.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
January 10 2014 15:55 GMT
#1044
This game without secret votes makes it a tremendous times harder to catch scum with pants down. I tried to play into this fact by saying I would yay-vote and then nay-vote but it's so silly.

In this game to win you need to have 3 players that roll town AND that are better at looking town then 1 player who rolled scum.

If there is a player that rolled scum that is really good at looking town the game is played.


That's how I see it.
I had a good night of sleep.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
January 10 2014 15:57 GMT
#1045
No Koshi, you don't need luck to win Resistance as town. There are no-flip setups in mafia which are balanced. This game would not exist if it was not balanced enough. I agree scum need to fuck up to lose. They have fucked up.

Sentinel thought there is 7 town. Noone makes that kinda logical mistake as town. If someone does then it's their fault.
Hopeless did - after that - call three other people scum. That is the next closest thing to a scumclaim. If he does that as fucking town then it's his fault.

This is the information we have and this is the information we need to work with. Because there are no flips. If even one of those guys is town then fuck it, but townies should not fuck up like that because this game is literally based on those kinda analysis!! It's that simple, they are scum, and now we have 7 people where we need to find 1 scum, or rather find 2 people where there is 1 scum so we can have 5 townies on mission 4 and 5.
table for two on a tv tray
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
January 10 2014 15:59 GMT
#1046
Normal mafia is balanced around the fact a team plays better than guys who are solo. I think this game counters that by the voting mechanism, but this voting mechanism is not the normal voting mechanism. The slowness of 24h picks and 24h votes also work in scum favor imo, making it fast paced like irl helps town because you need to take stances. VE didn't take a single stance on any player in the first 240 hours of this game. Still gets town read. rofl.
I had a good night of sleep.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
January 10 2014 16:06 GMT
#1047
On January 11 2014 00:59 Koshi wrote:
Normal mafia is balanced around the fact a team plays better than guys who are solo. I think this game counters that by the voting mechanism, but this voting mechanism is not the normal voting mechanism. The slowness of 24h picks and 24h votes also work in scum favor imo, making it fast paced like irl helps town because you need to take stances. VE didn't take a single stance on any player in the first 240 hours of this game. Still gets town read. rofl.

And that's why i want Grack to do shit, i don't trust VE. At some point i thought he was town but after rereading it's a big nono. The problem is Grack hasn't done much either and Cora was really fucking scummy last phase. But at least one, probably 2 are town. And we need 1 town from there.

Scum disadvantage is no off thread comm. They need to play together in thread only, and that makes them fuck up. They can't coordinate.
table for two on a tv tray
Hopeless1der
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5836 Posts
January 10 2014 16:17 GMT
#1048
On January 11 2014 00:57 raynpelikoneet wrote:
No Koshi, you don't need luck to win Resistance as town. There are no-flip setups in mafia which are balanced. This game would not exist if it was not balanced enough. I agree scum need to fuck up to lose. They have fucked up.

Sentinel thought there is 7 town. Noone makes that kinda logical mistake as town. If someone does then it's their fault.
Hopeless did - after that - call three other people scum. That is the next closest thing to a scumclaim. If he does that as fucking town then it's his fault.

This is the information we have and this is the information we need to work with. Because there are no flips. If even one of those guys is town then fuck it, but townies should not fuck up like that because this game is literally based on those kinda analysis!! It's that simple, they are scum, and now we have 7 people where we need to find 1 scum, or rather find 2 people where there is 1 scum so we can have 5 townies on mission 4 and 5.

Its frustrating that I am expected to play perfectly when I've never played in a forum setting nor did I claim to be particularly good at resistance, just that I understood the mechanics. CR used my whole "leader should always go" to call me scum because obviously I should know better. Guess what, I dont and Im bad. Gratz on dem scumhunting skillz.
Hopeless1der
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5836 Posts
January 10 2014 16:19 GMT
#1049
rayn i called you/koshi/CR scum because I was butthurt and no one is giving me the time of day. CR's is full of shit, as pretty as it looks and yes it does looks incriminating for me, but its still technically false so i'm allowed to be upset by it.. In the same post I have sentinel as likely scum, but again, the whole being butthurt thing. I know one of you/koshi is scum and its probably koshi. And yet here you are trying to convince him to play, days too late for it to matter anymore because no one cares
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
January 10 2014 16:29 GMT
#1050
Nha. Not when you got this much time to do shit.
How to play scum:
-Either look like the towniest town that towned day 1 by trying to push "townagenda" and make friends by looking you want the best for town. Or just be more in shadow and missdirect town and the thread like in normal mafia.
-Predict how people will vote (it's obvious) and vote accordingly. There aren't much swingvotes and it should be easy to not look bad. Looking good isn't even needed most of the time.

By following above 2 rules you corrupted the dice. Now sit back and see them being rolled in your favor.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
January 10 2014 16:31 GMT
#1051
Rayn fits above playstyle.

Scummers on my list don't.

Thats why I am on 0 care because I will stick to list even if it doesnt make sense.
I had a good night of sleep.
Hopeless1der
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5836 Posts
January 10 2014 16:37 GMT
#1052
if thats true then why is this game unwinnable?
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
January 10 2014 16:40 GMT
#1053
I don't fucking know what to think. Maybe we should swap Koshi and Hopeless.
table for two on a tv tray
Hopeless1der
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5836 Posts
January 10 2014 16:48 GMT
#1054
On January 11 2014 01:40 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I don't fucking know what to think. Maybe we should swap Koshi and Hopeless.

that still leaves us wondering who is the scum on mission 2. Does my VCA for koshi/grack/adam(coag) do anything for you if you assume I'm town?

It would mean that Koshi is scum and one of coag/grack are likely scum (since Sent is almost confirmed). For right now we only need 4 and then the same 4 +anyone can go next mission since it's trivial if we pass this one.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
January 10 2014 16:51 GMT
#1055
I gotta take a close look at this later on tonight. I have sauna soon so i don't have time to think another scenario through from the beginning.
table for two on a tv tray
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
January 10 2014 16:51 GMT
#1056
Hopeless. Still sucking rayn cock. Since fucking Mission 1 failed. So dumb.

On January 10 2014 23:20 Koshi wrote:
So I had to consider you as scum to win.



Let it be known I gave you the option to look at rayn/CR after Mission 1 but you didn't Hopeless. You fucking didn't.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
January 10 2014 16:55 GMT
#1057
And yes Hopeless.

As scum I am totally posting how this game is impossible to win and putting focus on me because it isn't 100% obvious I will go on the next mission and you won't.

rofl rofl rofl.


Fuck it.

Stick to my list which is a glorified "deserve to win" list.

rayn deserves it and I hope he isn't town and a random scum in VE/CR/Coag fucks it over and Hopeless doesn't at fucking all in case he is town and thus rayn scum.


It's so fucking impossible that Hopeless is being such an oblivious fuck as scum though. And the activity. FUCK IT.


My list stands. Still 0 care. Now without posting. Nobody else cares anyway. Except we 3 and at least 1 is scum.


Grtz on activity this game.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
January 10 2014 16:59 GMT
#1058
rayn/ve/cr for endgame cred.

Koshi out.
I had a good night of sleep.
Hopeless1der
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5836 Posts
January 10 2014 17:02 GMT
#1059
On January 11 2014 01:55 Koshi wrote:
And yes Hopeless.

As scum I am totally posting how this game is impossible to win and putting focus on me because it isn't 100% obvious I will go on the next mission and you won't.

rofl rofl rofl.


Yeah...because you win the game if you get on the next missionn and acting like you are so upset about not being able to win "looks" townie when you arent supposed to care anymore.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
January 10 2014 17:02 GMT
#1060
Oh. I need to add that I will still stick to my other list that I will vote yay/nay for.

But now I named 7 people that might be scum and I can't go wrong.
I had a good night of sleep.
Prev 1 51 52 53 54 55 57 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 1036
RotterdaM536
TKL 221
SteadfastSC201
Rex114
CosmosSc2 27
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 536
ByuN 284
TKL 212
SteadfastSC 201
Rex 114
CosmosSc2 27
Codebar 25
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 38465
Shuttle 2406
Jaedong 1127
Horang2 873
Soulkey 490
Mini 391
EffOrt 361
Stork 347
Larva 272
Soma 234
[ Show more ]
actioN 224
BeSt 213
ZerO 206
Rush 187
Snow 181
Last 156
Mong 149
firebathero 133
Zeus 91
910 78
Free 75
Mind 74
Hyun 61
sorry 55
hero 47
PianO 47
Sharp 41
Yoon 40
JYJ 38
Shinee 36
Pusan 34
Shine 31
Hm[arnc] 30
Bale 30
Sexy 23
ToSsGirL 22
Aegong 21
HiyA 17
Terrorterran 12
scan(afreeca) 9
Sacsri 8
Noble 8
Rock 7
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Gorgc4370
Dendi1325
canceldota71
Counter-Strike
fl0m1169
edward34
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King171
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes533
Lowko338
Other Games
gofns77620
singsing2320
olofmeister1027
B2W.Neo329
hiko306
DeMusliM223
Livibee176
Pyrionflax163
Liquid`VortiX104
QueenE61
Trikslyr58
ZerO(Twitch)13
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1376
Other Games
BasetradeTV192
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH140
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis1579
• Jankos1530
• TFBlade343
Other Games
• Shiphtur629
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
2h 34m
The PondCast
20h 34m
INu's Battles
21h 34m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 8h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.