• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:18
CEST 02:18
KST 09:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8032 users

Resistance 3 - Page 12

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 57 Next
Adam4167
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia1426 Posts
December 29 2013 00:05 GMT
#221
On December 29 2013 08:53 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
I've consulted with a few people and I'm going to make everyone vote, regardless of their status of mission leader. As I have changed this rule on the fly, it will not take effect until after Day 1 ends. However, in the interest of documentation, I would like to request Adam to formally vote on the team thread.

You have already "voted yes" so why the sudden hesitation?


I am not hesitant. I said I am almost certainly voting yes. My god. ARE YOU EVEN READING.

We have the time, why would we not use it.
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
December 29 2013 00:06 GMT
#222
On December 29 2013 08:46 Adam4167 wrote:
Rayn, don't be thick. I asked the host if my submission of the team counted as a yay from me, he said yes, so there was no reason for me to vote.

When I went to bed there were 3 yes votes and no one was contesting my team, so what was I to discuss? I'm not going to bark at the people that have voted yes, their votes are in, and they've already done their bit. For everyone else, I was waiting for them to bring their objections to the thread to discuss with them. If they had no objections, there was nothing to discuss and they'd vote yes.

The level of resistance this team is facing is what I'd expect from an all town team. I'll almost certainly vote yes, but we've got 4 hours still, may as well use it to discuss.


Why would an all town team have no resistance? Wouldn't it be the other way around, with spies coming in to start something and try and get a different team into play?
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
December 29 2013 00:08 GMT
#223
On December 29 2013 09:03 Adam4167 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 29 2013 08:53 Grackaroni wrote:
On December 29 2013 08:46 Adam4167 wrote:
Rayn, don't be thick. I asked the host if my submission of the team counted as a yay from me, he said yes, so there was no reason for me to vote.

When I went to bed there were 3 yes votes and no one was contesting my team, so what was I to discuss? I'm not going to bark at the people that have voted yes, their votes are in, and they've already done their bit. For everyone else, I was waiting for them to bring their objections to the thread to discuss with them. If they had no objections, there was nothing to discuss and they'd vote yes.

The level of resistance this team is facing is what I'd expect from an all town team. I'll almost certainly vote yes, but we've got 4 hours still, may as well use it to discuss.

Level of resistance? The team has already passed lol.


Only just by the looks of it. 5-4 is all i'd expect from a town team. If it had gone over in a landslide, then I'd know i'd fucked up.

well, Rayn is on the team. so that vote isn't indicative of scum wanting to down vote an all town team. I'd guess VE is probably more interested in making his own team.
Adam4167
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia1426 Posts
December 29 2013 00:14 GMT
#224
On December 29 2013 09:06 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 29 2013 08:46 Adam4167 wrote:
Rayn, don't be thick. I asked the host if my submission of the team counted as a yay from me, he said yes, so there was no reason for me to vote.

When I went to bed there were 3 yes votes and no one was contesting my team, so what was I to discuss? I'm not going to bark at the people that have voted yes, their votes are in, and they've already done their bit. For everyone else, I was waiting for them to bring their objections to the thread to discuss with them. If they had no objections, there was nothing to discuss and they'd vote yes.

The level of resistance this team is facing is what I'd expect from an all town team. I'll almost certainly vote yes, but we've got 4 hours still, may as well use it to discuss.


Why would an all town team have no resistance? Wouldn't it be the other way around, with spies coming in to start something and try and get a different team into play?


There hasn't been no resistance. We have 4 people voting no or declaring they're going to vote no. Thats a team passing by the smallest of margins.
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
December 29 2013 00:15 GMT
#225
We should definitely play it out more rounds. I think we need to see the extra votes and teams; if this team fails it doesn't tell us much at all, and I don't have a good read on anybody yet.
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
December 29 2013 00:20 GMT
#226
On December 29 2013 09:14 Adam4167 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 29 2013 09:06 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
On December 29 2013 08:46 Adam4167 wrote:
Rayn, don't be thick. I asked the host if my submission of the team counted as a yay from me, he said yes, so there was no reason for me to vote.

When I went to bed there were 3 yes votes and no one was contesting my team, so what was I to discuss? I'm not going to bark at the people that have voted yes, their votes are in, and they've already done their bit. For everyone else, I was waiting for them to bring their objections to the thread to discuss with them. If they had no objections, there was nothing to discuss and they'd vote yes.

The level of resistance this team is facing is what I'd expect from an all town team. I'll almost certainly vote yes, but we've got 4 hours still, may as well use it to discuss.


Why would an all town team have no resistance? Wouldn't it be the other way around, with spies coming in to start something and try and get a different team into play?


There hasn't been no resistance. We have 4 people voting no or declaring they're going to vote no. Thats a team passing by the smallest of margins.

Maybe somebody can fill me in if it is typical for the first mission to be passed on the first attempt? I'm more alarmed that it is actually passing right now than there being some resistance. I already know that 1/2 of those resisters are not nay voting because they know it's an all town team.
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
December 29 2013 00:24 GMT
#227
On December 29 2013 09:14 Adam4167 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 29 2013 09:06 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
On December 29 2013 08:46 Adam4167 wrote:
Rayn, don't be thick. I asked the host if my submission of the team counted as a yay from me, he said yes, so there was no reason for me to vote.

When I went to bed there were 3 yes votes and no one was contesting my team, so what was I to discuss? I'm not going to bark at the people that have voted yes, their votes are in, and they've already done their bit. For everyone else, I was waiting for them to bring their objections to the thread to discuss with them. If they had no objections, there was nothing to discuss and they'd vote yes.

The level of resistance this team is facing is what I'd expect from an all town team. I'll almost certainly vote yes, but we've got 4 hours still, may as well use it to discuss.


Why would an all town team have no resistance? Wouldn't it be the other way around, with spies coming in to start something and try and get a different team into play?


There hasn't been no resistance. We have 4 people voting no or declaring they're going to vote no. Thats a team passing by the smallest of margins.


But the first few people all voted yes. Only when it became clear that there was too little evidence for such a fast majority vote did people start voting no to delay everything and see what's going on.
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
December 29 2013 00:25 GMT
#228
On December 29 2013 09:20 Grackaroni wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 29 2013 09:14 Adam4167 wrote:
On December 29 2013 09:06 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
On December 29 2013 08:46 Adam4167 wrote:
Rayn, don't be thick. I asked the host if my submission of the team counted as a yay from me, he said yes, so there was no reason for me to vote.

When I went to bed there were 3 yes votes and no one was contesting my team, so what was I to discuss? I'm not going to bark at the people that have voted yes, their votes are in, and they've already done their bit. For everyone else, I was waiting for them to bring their objections to the thread to discuss with them. If they had no objections, there was nothing to discuss and they'd vote yes.

The level of resistance this team is facing is what I'd expect from an all town team. I'll almost certainly vote yes, but we've got 4 hours still, may as well use it to discuss.


Why would an all town team have no resistance? Wouldn't it be the other way around, with spies coming in to start something and try and get a different team into play?


There hasn't been no resistance. We have 4 people voting no or declaring they're going to vote no. Thats a team passing by the smallest of margins.

Maybe somebody can fill me in if it is typical for the first mission to be passed on the first attempt? I'm more alarmed that it is actually passing right now than there being some resistance. I already know that 1/2 of those resisters are not nay voting because they know it's an all town team.


In Resistance 2 the first mission took forever because nobody trusted anybody. Then once town started winning some, the game accelerated.
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
Adam4167
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia1426 Posts
December 29 2013 00:39 GMT
#229
Sentinel, if you could change your vote, would you switch it?

Rayn, same question to you
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
December 29 2013 00:42 GMT
#230
On December 29 2013 09:39 Adam4167 wrote:
Sentinel, if you could change your vote, would you switch it?

Rayn, same question to you


Three hours ago I would have definitely said yes. Now... I'm not completely sure. On one hand, you're here for discussion, which at least somewhat eases my suspicions. On the other hand, Hopeless has disappeared off the map after his vote. That troubles me.
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
Adam4167
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia1426 Posts
December 29 2013 00:48 GMT
#231
I agree, i'd prefer hopeless make a re-appearance soon. What i'm mulling over though is that if I did have a spy on this mission, wouldn't I have more people pushing this along, with some gusto even? I don't see that happening here.
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
December 29 2013 00:54 GMT
#232
On December 29 2013 09:48 Adam4167 wrote:
I agree, i'd prefer hopeless make a re-appearance soon. What i'm mulling over though is that if I did have a spy on this mission, wouldn't I have more people pushing this along, with some gusto even? I don't see that happening here.

But as more people start to side with the nays - or at least not openly supporting the yays, it becomes dangerous to push the mission.
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
Hopeless1der
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5836 Posts
December 29 2013 01:11 GMT
#233
I'm around, adam you gonna let this fail or lock in a yay?
Adam4167
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia1426 Posts
December 29 2013 01:14 GMT
#234
On December 29 2013 10:11 Hopeless1der wrote:
I'm around, adam you gonna let this fail or lock in a yay?


Frankly I am not sure.

I'm torn between my arrogance in thinking I have the right team, my paranoia that maybe I've got it wrong and my desire for more time and discussion and to look at more votes.
Hopeless1der
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5836 Posts
December 29 2013 01:23 GMT
#235
welll i'll say this in favor of you being town adam: you didnt just lock in your yay vote when there was no substantial reason not to. After all, you proposed your team. If you are having reservations about me or rayn, what might they be?
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
December 29 2013 01:28 GMT
#236
On December 29 2013 09:39 Adam4167 wrote:
Sentinel, if you could change your vote, would you switch it?

Rayn, same question to you

No i wouldn't. I don't trust you, especially after your comment on the top of the current page.
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
December 29 2013 01:30 GMT
#237
On December 29 2013 09:08 Grackaroni wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 29 2013 09:03 Adam4167 wrote:
On December 29 2013 08:53 Grackaroni wrote:
On December 29 2013 08:46 Adam4167 wrote:
Rayn, don't be thick. I asked the host if my submission of the team counted as a yay from me, he said yes, so there was no reason for me to vote.

When I went to bed there were 3 yes votes and no one was contesting my team, so what was I to discuss? I'm not going to bark at the people that have voted yes, their votes are in, and they've already done their bit. For everyone else, I was waiting for them to bring their objections to the thread to discuss with them. If they had no objections, there was nothing to discuss and they'd vote yes.

The level of resistance this team is facing is what I'd expect from an all town team. I'll almost certainly vote yes, but we've got 4 hours still, may as well use it to discuss.

Level of resistance? The team has already passed lol.


Only just by the looks of it. 5-4 is all i'd expect from a town team. If it had gone over in a landslide, then I'd know i'd fucked up.

well, Rayn is on the team. so that vote isn't indicative of scum wanting to down vote an all town team. I'd guess VE is probably more interested in making his own team.

Basically this. This is a good post.
Me nay-voting is definitely not a "+" for saying "i think this is an all-town team".
table for two on a tv tray
Adam4167
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia1426 Posts
December 29 2013 01:35 GMT
#238
On December 29 2013 10:23 Hopeless1der wrote:
welll i'll say this in favor of you being town adam: you didnt just lock in your yay vote when there was no substantial reason not to. After all, you proposed your team. If you are having reservations about me or rayn, what might they be?


Well, your activity was a little lower than I was hoping. But I guess I shouldn't throw stones in a glass house.

Rayns down vote was for a shit reason, but why would he downvote the team if he was scum? That doesn't really make sense.

Then there's Koshi, coming back, doing a backflip on his reads and yay voting my team through, when I thought he was scum. Why would he do that if he were scum and this was an all town team like I think? If i'm wrong about him, then I have to be wrong about a few others because things aren't making sense.

Chairman Ray gives me pause in that he voted yes, yet has given zero reads on anyone on the team and I don't even see a post saying why he went yes over no.

Grack saying my team looked good earlier in the day, then no voting it and declaring he was going to vote no to any team proposed today makes me question anything coming out of him.
Adam4167
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia1426 Posts
December 29 2013 01:39 GMT
#239
On December 29 2013 10:28 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 29 2013 09:39 Adam4167 wrote:
Sentinel, if you could change your vote, would you switch it?

Rayn, same question to you

No i wouldn't. I don't trust you, especially after your comment on the top of the current page.


You don't like the fact that I want to take extra time to make sure I don't fuck this up?

Why

This ultimately rests in my hands, as I have the swing vote and I want to make sure i'm making the right decision.
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
December 29 2013 01:41 GMT
#240
On December 29 2013 10:39 Adam4167 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 29 2013 10:28 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On December 29 2013 09:39 Adam4167 wrote:
Sentinel, if you could change your vote, would you switch it?

Rayn, same question to you

No i wouldn't. I don't trust you, especially after your comment on the top of the current page.


You don't like the fact that I want to take extra time to make sure I don't fuck this up?

Why

This ultimately rests in my hands, as I have the swing vote and I want to make sure i'm making the right decision.

Why are you only being cautious now as opposed to being cautious when you picked a team?
Grubby's #1 Fan
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 57 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings100
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O156
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 161
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 957
ZZZero.O 156
Bale 15
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm189
League of Legends
Doublelift5179
JimRising 704
Counter-Strike
minikerr18
Other Games
summit1g10484
FrodaN2831
C9.Mang0285
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1202
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream27
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP98
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
9h 43m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
10h 43m
Monday Night Weeklies
15h 43m
Replay Cast
22h 43m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 9h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 10h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 23h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.