• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:19
CEST 02:19
KST 09:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8137 users

Resistance 3 - Page 11

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 57 Next
FirmTofu
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1956 Posts
December 28 2013 20:20 GMT
#201
Current Leader: Adam4167

Deadline to Vote on a Team: 04:00 GMT (+00:00)
Countdown:
Proposed Team: Adam4167, Hopeless1der, raynpelikoneet

Current Vote Count:
Hopeless1der: Yay
Adam4167: Yay?
[UoN]Sentinel: Yay
Koshi: Yay
VisceraEyes: Nay
raynpelikoneet: Nay
Chairman Ray: Yay

I've consulted with a few people and I'm going to make everyone vote, regardless of their status of mission leader. As I have changed this rule on the fly, it will not take effect until after Day 1 ends. However, in the interest of documentation, I would like to request Adam to formally vote on the team thread.
I lie a lot when I'm town. I never lie when I'm scum.
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
December 28 2013 20:35 GMT
#202
I'm going to have to Nay as well. I gave it careful consideration but I realized that Adam has had little thread presence and I can't really trust his picks because I believe that he has not been putting enough attention into the game to read anyone else.

The other thing that startles me was the lack of contestation of the picks. 3 people voted yes without really discussing it, which makes me nervous that this team is backed by the spies, which would most likely result in this mission failing. There wasn't enough scrutiny early on which doesn't give me confidence in Adam or his team.
Grubby's #1 Fan
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
December 28 2013 20:43 GMT
#203
On December 29 2013 04:02 Chairman Ray wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 28 2013 22:44 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
On December 28 2013 15:31 Chairman Ray wrote:
On December 28 2013 12:04 FirmTofu wrote:
On December 28 2013 10:51 Adam4167 wrote:
Do I have to yay my own team? seems rather redundant

I'll assume yay unless you type nay for whatever reason.


Leaders should have to yay or nay their team. There's plenty good reason for a leader to reject his own team, and in this format, the order in which people yay/nay brings good information, so I think we should still require leaders to formally yay/nay as well.


What would be the reason?


From my experiences, leaders commonly reject their own team. The reason is not because of a lack of confidence, but because the most information and discussion comes from more rounds being played. Great information is gained through seeing other leaders' picks and people's voting patterns from round to round. If the leader feels that more information can be gained, then he would propose a team, and then reject it himself. Here's one such scenario that occurs often:

We are on the 5th round and the score is 2-2. We still don't know exactly who the mafia are, but we put our towniest 5 on the mission. The leader rejects the mission making the vote fail in a 4-5 vote. However, two people who were not on the mission yayed it. This confirms those two as mafia, and indicates a high likelihood that there is a spy that was sent on the mission. If the leader passed it, the game would have been lost right there.

Our voting format is a bit different than the real Resistance, but the concept is the same. I would expect that leaders would not yay/nay until the deciding vote. If new information arises that would indicate that the team is not good, then the leader would reject it.



I can't check right now because of shitty work internet, but I believe FT gave Adam the option to nay vote if anything like that came up, but just set his default state to yay.

The two in your example are not outed as mafia unless the leader is excluding himself from the mission and is town himself, netting six towns. Otherwise there could be one hopeful towny in there voting for his allies, and more off-team townies if there are spies on the mission. I see what you're trying to say but that hypothetical case is pretty convoluted and full of holes.
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
December 28 2013 20:44 GMT
#204
Ninjad by FT

So that's the majority isn't it? We can't change our votes?
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
December 28 2013 20:46 GMT
#205
He's making Adam vote formally so we still have a chance to convince him to oppose his team and read the game.
Grubby's #1 Fan
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
December 28 2013 20:51 GMT
#206
On December 29 2013 05:46 Corazon wrote:
He's making Adam vote formally so we still have a chance to convince him to oppose his team and read the game.

OH I JUST REALIZE ADAM IS ONE OF THE FIVE

I'd love to hear more from Adam (my own decision was pretty rash, I put a lot of faith in Adam since I had nothing to go on).
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
December 28 2013 21:16 GMT
#207
Cora & VE both scummers.
Current team is all town.
CR is town.

I would say out of sentinel and grack, grack is the scummer.
I had a good night of sleep.
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
December 28 2013 21:17 GMT
#208
Would you like to explain your post?
Grubby's #1 Fan
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
December 28 2013 21:19 GMT
#209
On December 29 2013 06:16 Koshi wrote:
Cora & VE both scummers.
Current team is all town.
CR is town.

I would say out of sentinel and grack, grack is the scummer.


Please do, I wouldn't say you're the shining beacon of town enlightenment right now either
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
December 28 2013 22:19 GMT
#210
Cora going after me so soon was cute, but now he is too invested in it for no reason. I was not getting elected or was elected and Cora is already making plans to not let me go on mission 2 & 3. There is no townie reason for that. He kept blackening my name with his joke "pulling a Koshi".

VE was playing it cool. Staying in the back, I thought he was gathering reads and not letting the scummers feel his presence at first. VE even made the comment "even when I am not elected I can still give good reads", but after adam made his team. VE came into the picture and instantly undermined Adam without touching the team, no townie reason for that. The follow up reads VE gave was null on adam. Nothing at all on rayn and Hopeless. Town on Cora and Sentinel. Which doesnt make sense, if Adam is nullish and the biggest problem in that team. Then VE has already townreads on rayn, Hopeless, Cora and Sentinel. Pretty strong stuff. But VE is not that confident at all in his post, he should be pushing a nay vote from everybody and be captain himself, pick his reads and own this game for town. But he isn't, he is still unsure about what to do when his team gets through and he will have to pick sabotage or not. VE is scum. Pretty sure about him.

CR is town for spilling all the information. I am a guy that hasnt played resistance yet and I feel CR his information is helping me. Unless CR is teamed with 2 noobies there is no reason for him to be noobfriendly. Sadly people are thinking I am scum so this is looking like exactly the thing CR as scum would do to help me but nope. I am not scum.
CR is being neutral atm. Neutral is good. VE pretended to be neutral at start but wasnt after first team got out. Cora is pushing me (town) out of mission 1-3.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
December 28 2013 22:23 GMT
#211
Game is pretty slow btw. Didnt expect that. Also. Why am I always so scummy at start of the game . I wanted to go on missions and be awesome. Koshi totes town. Totes town. Town town town.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
December 28 2013 22:30 GMT
#212
Adam. Pls do vote yes for your team.
Lets call rayn town.
I don't know if I like hopeless because too many people like hopeless tbh. Just realised that now. L Hmm. Could be that VE is scum with hopeless and therefore ignoring him and already planning to put stuff on you. Would be sad. Hopeless is on you then.

So yeah. Yay for your team!


PS: you better not be scum or I am looking bad.
I had a good night of sleep.
Adam4167
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia1426 Posts
December 28 2013 23:46 GMT
#213
Rayn, don't be thick. I asked the host if my submission of the team counted as a yay from me, he said yes, so there was no reason for me to vote.

When I went to bed there were 3 yes votes and no one was contesting my team, so what was I to discuss? I'm not going to bark at the people that have voted yes, their votes are in, and they've already done their bit. For everyone else, I was waiting for them to bring their objections to the thread to discuss with them. If they had no objections, there was nothing to discuss and they'd vote yes.

The level of resistance this team is facing is what I'd expect from an all town team. I'll almost certainly vote yes, but we've got 4 hours still, may as well use it to discuss.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
December 28 2013 23:52 GMT
#214
Why didn't you tell that in the first place then? There is no reason to not answer when someone asks you something.
Who would you pick as the fourth member right now if you were to send in a 4 man team?
table for two on a tv tray
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
December 28 2013 23:53 GMT
#215
On December 29 2013 08:46 Adam4167 wrote:
Rayn, don't be thick. I asked the host if my submission of the team counted as a yay from me, he said yes, so there was no reason for me to vote.

When I went to bed there were 3 yes votes and no one was contesting my team, so what was I to discuss? I'm not going to bark at the people that have voted yes, their votes are in, and they've already done their bit. For everyone else, I was waiting for them to bring their objections to the thread to discuss with them. If they had no objections, there was nothing to discuss and they'd vote yes.

The level of resistance this team is facing is what I'd expect from an all town team. I'll almost certainly vote yes, but we've got 4 hours still, may as well use it to discuss.

Level of resistance? The team has already passed lol.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
December 28 2013 23:53 GMT
#216
I've consulted with a few people and I'm going to make everyone vote, regardless of their status of mission leader. As I have changed this rule on the fly, it will not take effect until after Day 1 ends. However, in the interest of documentation, I would like to request Adam to formally vote on the team thread.

You have already "voted yes" so why the sudden hesitation?
table for two on a tv tray
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
December 28 2013 23:56 GMT
#217
On December 29 2013 08:53 Grackaroni wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 29 2013 08:46 Adam4167 wrote:
Rayn, don't be thick. I asked the host if my submission of the team counted as a yay from me, he said yes, so there was no reason for me to vote.

When I went to bed there were 3 yes votes and no one was contesting my team, so what was I to discuss? I'm not going to bark at the people that have voted yes, their votes are in, and they've already done their bit. For everyone else, I was waiting for them to bring their objections to the thread to discuss with them. If they had no objections, there was nothing to discuss and they'd vote yes.

The level of resistance this team is facing is what I'd expect from an all town team. I'll almost certainly vote yes, but we've got 4 hours still, may as well use it to discuss.

Level of resistance? The team has already passed lol.

^

Like, I don't know what Adam is expecting, everyone to just fall in line and vote yes and not even think? There's no "level of resistance", there's me and rayn with our problems with the team that passed with not even everyone voting.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
December 28 2013 23:57 GMT
#218
I was planning on voting no regardless of the team today, but It's pretty weird playing with the votes not showing simultaneously.
Adam4167
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia1426 Posts
December 29 2013 00:01 GMT
#219
I made the assumption that you could read the thread, specifically this post:

On December 28 2013 12:04 FirmTofu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 28 2013 10:51 Adam4167 wrote:
Do I have to yay my own team? seems rather redundant

I'll assume yay unless you type nay for whatever reason.


How do you not read this and assume that I am yay voting my own team?

If i had to send a 4th member, sentinel or maybe cora.
Adam4167
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia1426 Posts
December 29 2013 00:03 GMT
#220
On December 29 2013 08:53 Grackaroni wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 29 2013 08:46 Adam4167 wrote:
Rayn, don't be thick. I asked the host if my submission of the team counted as a yay from me, he said yes, so there was no reason for me to vote.

When I went to bed there were 3 yes votes and no one was contesting my team, so what was I to discuss? I'm not going to bark at the people that have voted yes, their votes are in, and they've already done their bit. For everyone else, I was waiting for them to bring their objections to the thread to discuss with them. If they had no objections, there was nothing to discuss and they'd vote yes.

The level of resistance this team is facing is what I'd expect from an all town team. I'll almost certainly vote yes, but we've got 4 hours still, may as well use it to discuss.

Level of resistance? The team has already passed lol.


Only just by the looks of it. 5-4 is all i'd expect from a town team. If it had gone over in a landslide, then I'd know i'd fucked up.
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 57 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings100
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O156
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 171
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 957
ZZZero.O 156
Bale 15
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm189
League of Legends
Doublelift5143
JimRising 743
Counter-Strike
minikerr18
Other Games
summit1g10484
FrodaN2558
C9.Mang0285
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1202
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream31
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP98
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
9h 42m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
10h 42m
Monday Night Weeklies
15h 42m
Replay Cast
22h 42m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 9h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 10h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 23h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.