• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:31
CEST 18:31
KST 01:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9838 users

TL Mafia LXIV: A Game of Intrigue - Page 80

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 78 79 80 81 82 114 Next
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
January 13 2014 01:16 GMT
#1581
On January 13 2014 09:57 WaveofShadow wrote:
Can give you thrawn and yamato if you want too.

Please do.
table for two on a tv tray
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
January 13 2014 01:16 GMT
#1582
On January 11 2014 09:13 Xatalos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 11 2014 09:10 Blazinghand wrote:
Make me mayor and I'll lynch kush d1.

/thread


I don't really think you're a good candidate. Last time around you were confirmed town and just went all-in on a lurker. You might do the same thing here, as town or scum, and it would be a one-way ticket for a loss.

This kinda ties in with BH mason claim ringing true.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
January 13 2014 01:16 GMT
#1583
Also IRC logs would be nice too.
table for two on a tv tray
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
January 13 2014 01:18 GMT
#1584
On January 11 2014 12:01 Xatalos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 11 2014 11:44 Aquanim wrote:
Hi. I have no desire to be mayor. There, that's out of the way.

On January 11 2014 11:37 BloodyC0bbler wrote:
Until someone provides a real reason to be elected they shouldn't be considered.

What do you consider a real reason to be elected?



Why do you have no desire to become a Mayor?

This is an odd post for Xat to make, considering his approach to BH regarding mayor candidacy.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
January 13 2014 01:21 GMT
#1585
On January 12 2014 01:35 Xatalos wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
rayn: you never answered about why you would have blues claim to an unconfirmed Mayor. Why?

I really dislike BH's sudden switch from all-in on kush to supporting DrH. He claims to still lobby for lynching kush, but his attitude is different from Titanic II, where he went all-in on xigxag (a lurker). He's much less vocal about his preferred tunnel and partly drops it very suddenly. I disagree with his tunneling attitude in general, but more strongly I dislike his quick attitude switch and the weak conviction behind the original tunnel.

Aquanim looks shady from what little there is in his filter. He claims disinterest in becoming a Mayor, makes some general one-liner questions and then these:

On January 11 2014 22:09 Aquanim wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 11 2014 22:04 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Agreed with Mocsta, suchdoge is the scummiest person in the thread.

D'you reckon you can explain this to me? That long post of his looks like it was written pregame, and therefore doesn't tell me much regarding his alignment. He's also expressed a desire to talk with people (specifically VE) which isn't the most intuitive thing I'd expect a scum smurf to do.

If he thinks that long post is sufficient contribution for the day I'll agree with you that he's likely scum - but I don't see any reason to believe yet that there won't be more material forthcoming from him.

Is there anything else making you lean scum on him? Convince me.


On January 11 2014 22:22 Aquanim wrote:
Yeah OK lemme rephrase that. I don't think you wrote the post pregame, but it contains next to no commitments to what you think anybody's alignments are, which would make my read on you much more solid. Now if you're still playing games in PMs and trying to work out people's alingments, and you don't want to reveal your work yet, that's fine - but I'm hoping that sooner or later you will show your working, so to speak.


A really lackluster and factually false first argument, then a barely better follow-up. This is as non-committal as can be. I see this much more likely coming from scum than town. I had the impression that Aquanim was supposed to be good as town?

I also really dislike mkfuba07's entrance into the thread:

On January 11 2014 12:32 mkfuba07 wrote:
Hiya :D

I, as well, am not running for mayor.

If I had to vote now, it would likely be for DrH. At the moment it's much a gut feeling, but it was my thought before reading BH's PM. I like his promises if he is going to keep them, even though I'm sure they would be directed at me at some point because of the way I play. Now I just need to make sure I feel he's going to keep them.

BH, is there a reason you cut off a bit of your PM when you copied it?


This is an extremely safe opening post that doesn't really say anything. It looks constructed with a greeting, a short show of support for the most reasonable Mayor campaigner at the time, and a trivial question at the end. Then complete silence.

suchdoge had a big opening post that said a lot of nothing. Then he proceeded to disappear into TeamSpeak or something. suchdoge, you can't use PM's anymore? If so, I really want you to post in the thread. You're impossible to read as of now. With that said, I doubt scum would just completely disappear from the thread like that.
hmm take that back.
Looks like he really tried to shit on aquanim based on the mayor thing.

Carry on ignoring me pls.
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25562 Posts
January 13 2014 01:33 GMT
#1586
I think we can pretty safely say hopeless1 and i are conftown
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
January 13 2014 01:44 GMT
#1587
Good hit marv.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
January 13 2014 01:46 GMT
#1588
It was almost you buddy. Gimme more :<
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
January 13 2014 01:50 GMT
#1589
At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I will soon.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
January 13 2014 01:51 GMT
#1590
FWIW though, my alignment SHOULD be clear to anyone paying attention.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
January 13 2014 01:52 GMT
#1591
Make soon sooner than it's been so far.

And I have been paying attention and your alignment is not clear.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
January 13 2014 01:52 GMT
#1592
Alright im home finally, anyone here to discuss stuff
I come in for the scraps
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
January 13 2014 01:54 GMT
#1593
Like the passivity of your filter is actually terrifiying, VE. No pop, no scumreads. It's depressing
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
suchdoge
Profile Joined January 2014
Guatemala91 Posts
January 13 2014 01:55 GMT
#1594
On January 13 2014 10:51 VisceraEyes wrote:
FWIW though, my alignment SHOULD be clear to anyone paying attention.


duh of course you're scum. I think we all figured that by now.
Wow
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
January 13 2014 01:56 GMT
#1595
It doesn't make me scum though. *shrug*
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
January 13 2014 01:57 GMT
#1596
It might do.

I don't see how you can claim it's obvious you're town. why do you say so?
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
January 13 2014 01:58 GMT
#1597
On January 12 2014 22:47 Xatalos wrote:
thrawn:

+ Show Spoiler +
It's actually been a while. We haven't been in contact after the start of the day.

Would you care to share your reasoning for having me in your "naughty list"? I agree with Derrida and Koshi though. Derrida opened with an easy-to-fake and useless listpost, has had zero interest in finding scum, has similarities with his last scumgame and now folds under pressure. Koshi has played so lazy and useless that he's probably not town. He's capable of much better. Only thing I'm unsure about is that he played a very active scumgame in Nuclear Winter Mafia, and he was very hard to catch, but here he's almost too scummy.

I'm puzzled by suchdoge's disappearance as well as VE's PM behaviour. VE hasn't answered my PM's and apparently suspects marv/Mocsta in his PM's with Aquanim, yet shares no reasoning. Have you PM'd with VE?

BH is almost certainly a Mason or even if he isn't, a fakeclaim will be found out later on. So I guess my suspicions about BH are pretty much useless to talk about now.

Original Message From thrawn2112:
Hi again, I'd like an up to date version of your thoughts on the game, and am wondrin if you have any reads you'd like to talk about?


jat:

+ Show Spoiler +
You've pretty much shared no reads in the thread and even posted this:

"Well the reason for this is probably that some of those reads were indeed formed on the spot. I did not think deeply about all of the persons on your list and had to think about what my actual opinion on some of them is."

How involved in finding scum are you really? Who are your 3 top scumreads?


VE:

+ Show Spoiler +
Why did you never reply to my PM despite posting in the thread?

Apparently you suspect marv/Mocsta? Do you have any reasoning for that?


rayn:

+ Show Spoiler +
You never answered to my latest PM? Mostly about the possible faults with a massclaim.

What do you think of marv as Mayor?

Have you PM'd with VE?


Aquanim:

+ Show Spoiler +
I just had a worrying thought about marv. He claimed to me earlier that he would definitely run for Mayor as scum. Then he referenced an earlier game where he was hesitant to run for Mayor as town.

What if he planned around that by being hesitant at first and then running anyway as scum? He's a skilled player so I don't think it would be impossible for him to think of a plan like that.

Then there's also the fact of his very passive responses in PM's earlier.

Otherwise he's felt towny, but I'm not sure if I'm ready to completely trust him yet.

Original Message From Aquanim:
Yeah, I'm inclined to agree with you about JAT that it's probably better to give him more time. I'm getting the definite impression that his early-game is weak.

I've seen nothing more from VE than what I posted in the thread. It seems entirely unlike his towngame to be this reticient, but it's conceivable he's making some big play in PMs or some such. In any case he's probably a bad lynch today on the "don't-lynch-vets-day-1 principle" so I'm happy to let that lie for now.

I'd love to have a more confident lynch than Derrida but at this point it's looking like he's the best lynch and not too terrible a choice.

D'you have a read on Marv? My guess is he's town - I'm not certain, but I'd prefer to take that risk (in terms of handing out mayor) than to go with the guaranteed clusterf*** that a Rayn mayoralty would be. (The only game I've played with him was Back to the Basics in which he royally screwed the town over as town. He and I don't have a high opinion of one another, if you haven't noticed that already.)

Hide nested quote -
Original Message From Xatalos:
jat has mostly posted one-liners about random stuff and hasn't appeared to focus on scumhunting so far. I also really dislike this post:

"Well the reason for this is probably that some of those reads were indeed formed on the spot. I did not think deeply about all of the persons on your list and had to think about what my actual opinion on some of them is."

Reactive much?

Still, apparently he's a slow starter, so I think it's better to wait for him to start doing stuff. I think I'll chat with him soon to see if he's more transparent in PM's.

It's actually kind of funny that I started suspecting you a bit earlier and people similarly told me that you're a slow starter. And now you've started posting quite a bit. I like most of your later posts so maybe the same will be true for jat as well.

Apparently BH is Mason...? Well, at least he won't be a distraction anymore then.

Derrida definitely seems scummy from his (short) filter. 1) Zero interest in scumhunting 2) easy to fake listpost 3) similarities with his previous scumgame 4) folding under pressure.

I'm curious about VE. He hasn't responded to my PM's (despite me PM'ing him long before I went to sleep) and I have no idea what he's doing in PM land. Looking at your discussion with him he thinks Mocsta and marv are scum? Has there been any reasoning for that?

Original Message From Aquanim:
Heya, I'd like to have a bit of a chat with you.

As a starting point, what's your read on justanothertownie so far and why?

If you have anything you'd like to ask me, go ahead.

cheers
~Aqua



first major thing that pops out to me when going over his filter, was he in contact with anyone else? this could clear up quite a bit.

This list shouldn't be considered for lynch for quite a bit imo, It didn't look like he was going to get lynched until towards the end of the day so he wouldn't have known to try to trick us or anything. all of these correspondants are town I think
I come in for the scraps
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
January 13 2014 02:04 GMT
#1598
besides that just looks like a typical scum day 1 filter. lots of questions that lead nowhere and general bleh
I come in for the scraps
suchdoge
Profile Joined January 2014
Guatemala91 Posts
January 13 2014 02:14 GMT
#1599
nah he'd be dumb to not list any of his teammates.

You can't read into people when they don't reply. That's the easiest type of log to fake, because there's nothing to fake aside from a single outgoing PM.

That post says nothing aside from Aqua and thrawn likely being town.
Wow
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 13 2014 02:18 GMT
#1600
I'm not going to be dumb enough to assume that nobody Xatalos PMd or claimed to PM is mafia. Weird that instead of calling me scum and pressuring me in a reply to my PM or in the thread he tells WoS that he could "probably get me lynched" then comes out with a weak/nullish read about it
RIP Aaliyah
Prev 1 78 79 80 81 82 114 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 29m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Codebar 36
StarCraft: Brood War
EffOrt 1101
Mini 932
Shuttle 825
Soma 596
actioN 492
Rush 354
Light 311
Larva 304
Stork 271
ggaemo 249
[ Show more ]
BeSt 236
Horang2 211
Snow 176
Dewaltoss 134
hero 129
firebathero 127
Barracks 76
Aegong 74
Zeus 63
Liquid`Ret 52
Sexy 36
Shinee 36
Sharp 34
Shine 31
JYJ 31
soO 25
ToSsGirL 25
Bale 23
sorry 16
zelot 16
Trap 14
Rock 11
Terrorterran 10
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc7847
qojqva2208
Dendi845
420jenkins134
Counter-Strike
fl0m1305
x6flipin974
Fnx 749
pashabiceps240
edward64
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes5162
Grubby1981
Other Games
singsing1383
B2W.Neo1014
byalli470
ceh9360
Mlord326
Beastyqt275
Khaldor241
DeMusliM157
Liquid`VortiX155
ArmadaUGS136
KnowMe129
Trikslyr53
BRAT_OK 48
TKL 19
Railgan8
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV250
BasetradeTV218
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream164
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH246
• StrangeGG 70
• mYiSmile126
• Reevou 3
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix7
• blackmanpl 4
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV411
League of Legends
• Nemesis2513
• TFBlade833
Other Games
• Shiphtur271
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
7h 29m
Kung Fu Cup
18h 29m
The PondCast
1d 17h
OSC
1d 20h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.