• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:07
CEST 04:07
KST 11:07
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8128 users

TL Mafia LXIV: A Game of Intrigue - Page 81

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 79 80 81 82 83 114 Next
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
January 13 2014 02:31 GMT
#1601
Excuse me for not wanting to jump to conclusions Doc.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 13 2014 02:32 GMT
#1602
Why? Do you think it would be impulsive for some reason to reply to me or reveal what you see as a scummy PM to the thread? You already jumped to the conclusion that you could get me lynched if you wanted which is a weird perspective for a townie to have.
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 13 2014 02:33 GMT
#1603
the last thing I'd do if someone PM'd me something scummy is ignore it, PM someone else about it, tell them I think I can bandwagon but I'm not sure of their alignment (why would you be thinking about lynching a null read) and then try to get their read on it before I do anything
RIP Aaliyah
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
January 13 2014 02:40 GMT
#1604
ve.. why are you making an effort to be scummy
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
January 13 2014 02:47 GMT
#1605
hmm I just feel like faking pms with partners would be a bit of an afterthought on day 1. oh well nevermind then
I come in for the scraps
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 13 2014 03:00 GMT
#1606
he didn't post logs for everything you know
RIP Aaliyah
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
January 13 2014 03:35 GMT
#1607
someone catch me up, I'm tired
Writer@WriterYamato
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
January 13 2014 03:38 GMT
#1608
we killed scum, ez game, go to bed
I come in for the scraps
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
January 13 2014 03:40 GMT
#1609
who killed who?

(mayor, lynchee)
Writer@WriterYamato
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
January 13 2014 03:43 GMT
#1610
marv killed xatalos or however you spell it
I come in for the scraps
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
January 13 2014 03:52 GMT
#1611
why did he kill xat? did xat scumslip or something?
Writer@WriterYamato
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
January 13 2014 03:55 GMT
#1612
he was scummy in pm
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
January 13 2014 03:55 GMT
#1613
no idea tbh, from what I understand he just talked with a lot of pppl he thinks is town and they all agreed he is a good lynch. doesn't really matter in hindsight as he flipped scum so it's safe to assume we can trust most of those people
I come in for the scraps
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
January 13 2014 04:10 GMT
#1614
I'll on you marv, good shot
Together but separate, like oatmeal
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
January 13 2014 04:10 GMT
#1615
PM you*
Together but separate, like oatmeal
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
January 13 2014 04:48 GMT
#1616
Here are the rest of my totally faked PM logs with VE.
These occur before the last set.


Original Message From VisceraEyes:
Well you should probably already know that it wouldn't matter even if you did tell them that

Show nested quote +
Original Message From WaveofShadow:
I think I'm inclined to disagree simply based on knowing how I would respond to such a question. I'm sure you know what my stance on lurkers tends to be in most games, and as such I would probably offer a strong stance in determining who I felt would be good to eliminate early in the game. The only thing holding me back from going hardcore after lurkers (and taking BH's probable early bait with his kush-talk) is the presence of possible vigs (and now maybe a hatter) in this game. It's going to be their damn job to remove the chaff, and I hope I don't have to tell them that.



Original Message From VisceraEyes:
We'll find them. All of them. And we'll crush them together.

I think to deal with lurkers I'm going to try something new this game. When I'm in PM contact with people, I'm going to ask them what they think about random lurkers and see what kind of patterns arise. Most town-aligned players will, in my opinion, offer not much of an opinion based on lack of evidence one way or another, but most scum players, in my opinion, will state at least some preference and give some kind of bullshit justification IF there are lurker scum in the people I ask about.

It will be different than in the thread because conversations about specific people tend to be looser in PMs and I think the information will be more valuable. Agree/Disagree?
Original Message From WaveofShadow:
I'm wondering if either
a) Mocsta is salty from some voice mafia games we played earlier tonight where I crushed scum
b) He's just pulling some trolly shit.
Can't tell which.

I plan on giving yamato as fair a shot as anyone else in this game in terms of my vote. I don't necessarily think he'd lynch simply based on who he likes or dislikes.

Not worrying about people who haven't really announced intent to run yet.

I don't know DrH well enough though I'd probably give him a cursory townread for similar reasons to yours. I am inherently less trusting though, and much of what BH said in his DrH campaigning post about what not to think rings true with me. I'm not sure what exactly DrH is capable of but it is still early and I don't think he has a great deal to be accountable for just yet.

VE, my brother, I sincerely hope that I can trust you this game, and that as such our record will continue.

Original Message From VisceraEyes:
Mocsta is wierding me out - I hope he does something or says something useful soon.

I probably won't vote for yamato unless I like his reads and he looks like he has a chance of winning already. I'm sure he'll lynch someone he doesn't like and there's no guarantee that it would be a necessarily scummy person if he's town, and that's about the same as electing him if he's scum to me.

I'll consider BC if he runs. I won't vote for BH unless he's serious about lynching Kush and I think Kush is scum.

DocH is probably town to me. He's certainly going to a lot of effort to explain his motivations and stuff and if he's scum he'll have a lot to hold himself accountable to.

Original Message From WaveofShadow:
Jesus that yamatopost.
I have a much stronger townread on BH than DrH if it must be known.
And certainly no hard feelings; I haven't exactly announced myself as running for mayor and as such don't expect people to vote for me.

Original Message From VisceraEyes:
Nothing personal, but right now I feel better about DocH based on his posting, and his reads are generally decent enough.

Do you agree that BH is probably town based on his PM? Can you see scum BH doing something like that as scum? It's a feels read, but it's enough to make me want to curb discussion about what it makes BH in the thread if you know what I mean.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
January 13 2014 04:57 GMT
#1617
On January 13 2014 10:13 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2014 22:05 WaveofShadow wrote:
On January 12 2014 22:01 marvellosity wrote:
What are you talking about?

There's literally no point in spending a bunch of sentences shovelling shit on to someone only to end it with "but i don't think mafia would do this after all"

it's a totally pointless post which basically just says stuff for the sake of saying stuff because of how the conclusion ends up.

On December 10 2013 07:36 Xatalos wrote:
On December 10 2013 07:33 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Oh wait I can just click profile here. 15.


OK. Well, it's definitely possible that this is a "play" to get town credit. But then again, the more likely scenario is that you're town and trying to figure out the game. Your experience makes the former option more likely, but still less likely than the later option, I'd say.

Xatalos does this silly either.... or.... as mafia like this constantly.

A bunch of sentences? I count like one, where he simply states facts. One of the sentences is him asking suchdoge to come back so he can try to read him, and then the final one is offering his own opinion to the matter.

I see it unmistakeably with the proof of the second one, but are you completely certain he does not do this as town? To me it sounds like a thought process coming across. Yes it is a mafia thought process but one nonetheless---I know when I played scum I personally found it extremely easy to 'pretend' I was town and mimic my usual town thought processes.

Seriously though, what the fuck

This means it's a mafia thought process because he was playing mafia at the time he made it. I suppose I should have clarified/differentiated but whatever. What I was getting at was it is entirely possible and easy (at least for me) to mimic town thought processes as mafia.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
January 13 2014 05:00 GMT
#1618
Wow. ThY is the crux on Ve scum read on me.

##shoot: visceraeyes

Be scared.
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
January 13 2014 05:04 GMT
#1619
hey guys WoS is town but we hurt his feelings

be nice to him or he will probably act scummy out of spite
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
January 13 2014 05:06 GMT
#1620
Nah. He don't want to copy me thrawn.

Pugh that reminds me. I gotta read those logs. Forgot
Prev 1 79 80 81 82 83 114 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
00:00
#101 (PatchesSC Mod Edition)
PiGStarcraft490
CranKy Ducklings70
EnkiAlexander 32
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft490
RuFF_SC2 85
CosmosSc2 58
Nina 32
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2251
Artosis 603
Dota 2
febbydoto6
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1109
taco 389
minikerr16
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox565
Other Games
summit1g8522
JimRising 665
Day[9].tv490
C9.Mang0316
Maynarde146
ViBE137
Livibee103
ArmadaUGS29
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1130
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream124
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP21
• OhrlRock 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv490
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
8h 53m
Stellar Fest
10h 53m
The PondCast
1d 7h
OSC
1d 10h
Stellar Fest
1d 10h
OSC
1d 21h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.