• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:31
CEST 18:31
KST 01:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9838 users

TL Mafia LXIV: A Game of Intrigue - Page 79

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 77 78 79 80 81 114 Next
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 13 2014 00:51 GMT
#1561
And this heated after we scumlynch day 1
RIP Aaliyah
LSB Banking
Profile Joined March 2011
48 Posts
January 13 2014 00:52 GMT
#1562
On January 13 2014 09:39 thrawn2112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 13 2014 09:34 LSB Banking wrote:
On January 13 2014 09:30 thrawn2112 wrote:
are there supposed to be links to go along with that


yes there are... but I don't know if I can fix that without having to copy&past every single clicky


do you have any reads based off of anything that's been posted since you made your first post?

I don't, And even if I had I probably wouldn't be able to put them into perspective without knowing what happened the last couple of pages.
This is a multipurpose account to help with hosting mafia games
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
January 13 2014 00:53 GMT
#1563
Let LSB catch up fully, talk to him then, it's just not interesting before that.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
January 13 2014 00:54 GMT
#1564
On January 13 2014 09:51 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
And this heated after we scumlynch day 1

I had a real shit day DrH.
I don't really give a shit how people interpret that post, I meant every word of it.
And of all people to rag on me about being overemotional it's YOU?

What a joke.

Later.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Mig
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
United States4714 Posts
January 13 2014 00:54 GMT
#1565
Mafia was lynched and WoS is furious haha
Moderator
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 13 2014 00:54 GMT
#1566
Alright buddu
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 13 2014 00:54 GMT
#1567
Buddeee
RIP Aaliyah
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25562 Posts
January 13 2014 00:55 GMT
#1568
nice work!
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 13 2014 00:56 GMT
#1569
You're not even under that much pressure, why are you blowing up like this, there are better ways to defend yourself
RIP Aaliyah
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
January 13 2014 00:57 GMT
#1570
U fuckn idiots.
Lynching Xat

Jesus Christ, I thought you want to win the game.
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
January 13 2014 00:57 GMT
#1571
Some VE logs.
Have fucking fun.

Can give you thrawn and yamato if you want too.



Original Message From VisceraEyes:
I'm down to IRC or whatever. I didn't bring it to the thread for that reason - because I can also see DocH doing this as town maybe if it is him going all emo.

My vote is on you because I think you'll do your hardest to find a good lynch and lynch it. You're putting in way more effort into fooling me than I think you would if you were scum, but that's just my feels reason. You're PMs with me seem to have a genuine concern for trying to figure out other peoples' alignments, and you don't seem evasive about anything. That's why my vote is on you - because I think you're town and because in the end I'm confident in your commitment to the game if you win. If you're not running just let me know and I'll find another candidate, but I think you'll do fine for this game.

Show nested quote +
Original Message From WaveofShadow:
People's reasoning on Derrida appears to be that his opening post in this game somewhat matches the opening post in his scumgame (which is his ONLY other unflipped game---he's another that is still running). I get my ass burned on newbie reads all the time but I really don't THINK he's scum...I mean of course he could be pulling all that newbie shit as scum to throw people off but ugh.

I don't think you could get DrH lynched for that nor do I think you should. Isn't DrH all about going all emo when stuff doesn't go his way? Is that what made him give up the election exactly as well because I thought he had reasoning in thread as to why he backed down, unless he was lying. Personally this is the reason why I wouldn't have voted him for mayor in the end (and if I was running, would have included it in my platform)---because DrH is known to get 'bored' or give up shortly after D1. He gets demoralized very easily and we need something better than that in a mayor. Also how exactly did rayn and suchdoge shake him up? Because I could very well see the both of them as scum. Rayn is just not performing to standard this game and I have a case on suchdoge in thread that nobody has commented on.

Why is your vote on me right now exactly?
(I'll probably be around for a while since my guy is having a rough night, so if you want to irc at any point just PM me and let me know.)

Original Message From VisceraEyes:
No he didn't warn me, but he has asked me for a couple of paragraphs on my reads. He says he's lost confidence in the game.

I could probably get him lynched for the PM he sent me. It's really out of character and given context, looks pretty bad. I'm just trying to figure out of I'm seeing what I see.

Here's the post.

Original Message From DoctorHelvetica:
can i get like a paragraph or two on your top one or two scumreads, i'm really out of confidence in this game rayn and suchdoge really shook me up. i need a jumping off point since my BH lynch fell off the map.


He was suspicious of BH in the thread AND in PMs with me, but now he's acting all mopey because his scumread didn't pan out, presumably due to the mason claim.

Can I see a town Doc acting like this? Maybe. Scum DocH? Maybe.

Like from my perspective, as town, I'm like "Whatever, we'll lynch one of them eventually if they never die in spite of being claimed and confirmed town" so I'm just fine with letting them go. But it shakes DocH into giving up the election? What do YOU think it means? I think it makes him look much worse.

Also where the pissballs is rayn? Since BH claimed mason I've seen practically nothing from rayn.

What's the deal with Dirreda or whatever? Why are people suspicious of him? I've read most of the thread and I'm not really seeing much reasoning for it. I really just need to reread the whole thread before it gets too big to do so. I just read the last 20 or so pages but I kinda want to start over and reread everything before I go any further. And before I do that I'm gonna play LoL.

Original Message From WaveofShadow:
Thoughts on who you'd want as mayor now with DrH out?
Did he talk to you at all or give you any warning regarding his dropping from the race (ie was it a gambit)?

Also for pretty terrible reasons I'm thinking Mocsta is scum.

Original Message From VisceraEyes:
I responded to that point. I don't have time and no, I couldn't totally win. Scum got me elected last game.

Original Message From WaveofShadow:
You know, aside from Koshis dumb suspicion of me because I'm not 'mad enough' about rolling town, he makes a point about you and the mayoral election. You could totally win---why not run?
Original Message From VisceraEyes:
Yeah when you were all defeatist about how bad towns have been and stuff, a la Thug Life. As much as I may have agreed with you about it, being vocal about it in the thread did nothing but make me think you were dramatizing it with malicious intent

Original Message From WaveofShadow:
Wish I knew honestly. I've never played with a scum marv so I don't know what to expect, and PM-land is muddling it up because I don't know what he's doing. I know I don't like the fact that he's not even attempting to assist town in public as normal.

(What do you mean by in a hole about the quality of play here? Do you mean in this game, or Thug Life when I was all ragey? )

Original Message From VisceraEyes:
I mean, everyone who CAN find scum for good reasons should be assertive and confident about it - maybe then towns would be able to get shit done. I'm super glad to see that you're not in a hole about the quality of play here though, that shit was annoying.

What do you think about marv? I mean you said he's not doing as much as you'd hoped or expected or whatever...do you think that makes him scum? Or more likely to be scum? Or is it null to you?

Original Message From WaveofShadow:
I can't remember who brought it up (kush I think?) but as far as DrH goes my concerns are that even if he is town, how do I know that this isn't just another game where his D1 activity is through the roof and then he goes on to just not give a fuck? Do I take him at his word?
I'm waffling on announcing mayoral candidacy. The one thing holding me back is the fact that my D1 scumreads are usually garb but after 'A Quiet Game' postgame discussion I think it's time to be more assertive and confident (especially after some fun Voice mafia last night). At the very least I always have the threads assurance that I am town by D2 at the latest in like every game I've ever been in.

[quote]

twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 13 2014 00:59 GMT
#1572
Ah, so VE is scum then
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 13 2014 01:00 GMT
#1573
Smart that he didn't respond he knew I was just trying to fish for his alignment
RIP Aaliyah
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
January 13 2014 01:02 GMT
#1574
I see Svengali in there WoS

Be not hypnotized
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
January 13 2014 01:03 GMT
#1575
On January 13 2014 09:57 WaveofShadow wrote:
Some VE logs.
Have fucking fun.

Can give you thrawn and yamato if you want too.



Show nested quote +
Original Message From VisceraEyes:
I'm down to IRC or whatever. I didn't bring it to the thread for that reason - because I can also see DocH doing this as town maybe if it is him going all emo.

My vote is on you because I think you'll do your hardest to find a good lynch and lynch it. You're putting in way more effort into fooling me than I think you would if you were scum, but that's just my feels reason. You're PMs with me seem to have a genuine concern for trying to figure out other peoples' alignments, and you don't seem evasive about anything. That's why my vote is on you - because I think you're town and because in the end I'm confident in your commitment to the game if you win. If you're not running just let me know and I'll find another candidate, but I think you'll do fine for this game.

Original Message From WaveofShadow:
People's reasoning on Derrida appears to be that his opening post in this game somewhat matches the opening post in his scumgame (which is his ONLY other unflipped game---he's another that is still running). I get my ass burned on newbie reads all the time but I really don't THINK he's scum...I mean of course he could be pulling all that newbie shit as scum to throw people off but ugh.

I don't think you could get DrH lynched for that nor do I think you should. Isn't DrH all about going all emo when stuff doesn't go his way? Is that what made him give up the election exactly as well because I thought he had reasoning in thread as to why he backed down, unless he was lying. Personally this is the reason why I wouldn't have voted him for mayor in the end (and if I was running, would have included it in my platform)---because DrH is known to get 'bored' or give up shortly after D1. He gets demoralized very easily and we need something better than that in a mayor. Also how exactly did rayn and suchdoge shake him up? Because I could very well see the both of them as scum. Rayn is just not performing to standard this game and I have a case on suchdoge in thread that nobody has commented on.

Why is your vote on me right now exactly?
(I'll probably be around for a while since my guy is having a rough night, so if you want to irc at any point just PM me and let me know.)

Original Message From VisceraEyes:
No he didn't warn me, but he has asked me for a couple of paragraphs on my reads. He says he's lost confidence in the game.

I could probably get him lynched for the PM he sent me. It's really out of character and given context, looks pretty bad. I'm just trying to figure out of I'm seeing what I see.

Here's the post.

Original Message From DoctorHelvetica:
can i get like a paragraph or two on your top one or two scumreads, i'm really out of confidence in this game rayn and suchdoge really shook me up. i need a jumping off point since my BH lynch fell off the map.


He was suspicious of BH in the thread AND in PMs with me, but now he's acting all mopey because his scumread didn't pan out, presumably due to the mason claim.

Can I see a town Doc acting like this? Maybe. Scum DocH? Maybe.

Like from my perspective, as town, I'm like "Whatever, we'll lynch one of them eventually if they never die in spite of being claimed and confirmed town" so I'm just fine with letting them go. But it shakes DocH into giving up the election? What do YOU think it means? I think it makes him look much worse.

Also where the pissballs is rayn? Since BH claimed mason I've seen practically nothing from rayn.

What's the deal with Dirreda or whatever? Why are people suspicious of him? I've read most of the thread and I'm not really seeing much reasoning for it. I really just need to reread the whole thread before it gets too big to do so. I just read the last 20 or so pages but I kinda want to start over and reread everything before I go any further. And before I do that I'm gonna play LoL.

Original Message From WaveofShadow:
Thoughts on who you'd want as mayor now with DrH out?
Did he talk to you at all or give you any warning regarding his dropping from the race (ie was it a gambit)?

Also for pretty terrible reasons I'm thinking Mocsta is scum.

Original Message From VisceraEyes:
I responded to that point. I don't have time and no, I couldn't totally win. Scum got me elected last game.

Original Message From WaveofShadow:
You know, aside from Koshis dumb suspicion of me because I'm not 'mad enough' about rolling town, he makes a point about you and the mayoral election. You could totally win---why not run?
Original Message From VisceraEyes:
Yeah when you were all defeatist about how bad towns have been and stuff, a la Thug Life. As much as I may have agreed with you about it, being vocal about it in the thread did nothing but make me think you were dramatizing it with malicious intent

Original Message From WaveofShadow:
Wish I knew honestly. I've never played with a scum marv so I don't know what to expect, and PM-land is muddling it up because I don't know what he's doing. I know I don't like the fact that he's not even attempting to assist town in public as normal.

(What do you mean by in a hole about the quality of play here? Do you mean in this game, or Thug Life when I was all ragey? )

Original Message From VisceraEyes:
I mean, everyone who CAN find scum for good reasons should be assertive and confident about it - maybe then towns would be able to get shit done. I'm super glad to see that you're not in a hole about the quality of play here though, that shit was annoying.

What do you think about marv? I mean you said he's not doing as much as you'd hoped or expected or whatever...do you think that makes him scum? Or more likely to be scum? Or is it null to you?

[quote]



are those the only people you've talked to in PM's? Me, ve, and yamato?
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
January 13 2014 01:03 GMT
#1576
##Shoot: Alakaslam
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
January 13 2014 01:05 GMT
#1577
no dont do that
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
January 13 2014 01:05 GMT
#1578
Im pretty sure I have to PM it, so all is good.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
January 13 2014 01:13 GMT
#1579
On January 12 2014 22:05 WaveofShadow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2014 22:01 marvellosity wrote:
What are you talking about?

There's literally no point in spending a bunch of sentences shovelling shit on to someone only to end it with "but i don't think mafia would do this after all"

it's a totally pointless post which basically just says stuff for the sake of saying stuff because of how the conclusion ends up.

On December 10 2013 07:36 Xatalos wrote:
On December 10 2013 07:33 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Oh wait I can just click profile here. 15.


OK. Well, it's definitely possible that this is a "play" to get town credit. But then again, the more likely scenario is that you're town and trying to figure out the game. Your experience makes the former option more likely, but still less likely than the later option, I'd say.

Xatalos does this silly either.... or.... as mafia like this constantly.

A bunch of sentences? I count like one, where he simply states facts. One of the sentences is him asking suchdoge to come back so he can try to read him, and then the final one is offering his own opinion to the matter.

I see it unmistakeably with the proof of the second one, but are you completely certain he does not do this as town? To me it sounds like a thought process coming across. Yes it is a mafia thought process but one nonetheless---I know when I played scum I personally found it extremely easy to 'pretend' I was town and mimic my usual town thought processes.

Seriously though, what the fuck
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
January 13 2014 01:13 GMT
#1580
alakaslam is a bad shot
Prev 1 77 78 79 80 81 114 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 29m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Codebar 36
StarCraft: Brood War
EffOrt 1101
Mini 932
Shuttle 825
Soma 596
actioN 492
Rush 354
Light 311
Larva 304
Stork 271
ggaemo 249
[ Show more ]
BeSt 236
Horang2 211
Snow 176
Dewaltoss 134
hero 129
firebathero 127
Barracks 76
Aegong 74
Zeus 63
Liquid`Ret 52
Sexy 36
Shinee 36
Sharp 34
Shine 31
JYJ 31
soO 25
ToSsGirL 25
Bale 23
sorry 16
zelot 16
Trap 14
Rock 11
Terrorterran 10
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc7847
qojqva2208
Dendi845
420jenkins134
Counter-Strike
fl0m1305
x6flipin974
Fnx 749
pashabiceps240
edward64
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes5162
Grubby1981
Other Games
singsing1383
B2W.Neo1014
byalli470
ceh9360
Mlord326
Beastyqt275
Khaldor241
DeMusliM157
Liquid`VortiX155
ArmadaUGS136
KnowMe129
Trikslyr53
BRAT_OK 48
TKL 19
Railgan8
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV250
BasetradeTV218
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream164
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH246
• StrangeGG 70
• mYiSmile126
• Reevou 3
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix7
• blackmanpl 4
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV411
League of Legends
• Nemesis2513
• TFBlade833
Other Games
• Shiphtur271
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
7h 29m
Kung Fu Cup
18h 29m
The PondCast
1d 17h
OSC
1d 20h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.