• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:08
CEST 04:08
KST 11:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8231 users

TL Mafia LXIV: A Game of Intrigue - Page 58

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 56 57 58 59 60 114 Next
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
January 12 2014 13:03 GMT
#1141
Or
On December 10 2013 07:57 Xatalos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 10 2013 07:16 Corazon wrote:
On December 10 2013 07:13 Xatalos wrote:
On December 10 2013 07:06 Corazon wrote:
On December 10 2013 07:01 Xatalos wrote:
On December 10 2013 06:53 Corazon wrote:
Lol can I go one game without being the first one voted.

Do you guys really think I'm more scummy at this point than Spag and Slam? I'm being open and honest with all of you. I'm not hiding anything. I've always tried to be genuine and not put up façades or wear masks. I'm telling you that I was going to be busy and I told you how I felt coming into this game. If you guys want to call me scum for that, go ahead. But just know that it is really silly to call me scum when Slam and Spag made one post and peaced out. Spag had to be coerced back into the thread and Slam still hasn't come back.

Plutarch wasn't trying to prod me for discussion; he was trying to twist my words and call me scum. Holyflare is just piggybacking off of everyone else's arguments to take town credit.

If you guys would look into the game, you would see that I am far from the scummiest player here. Also, it is good to know that you are all down for pressure voting so now I don't have to take your votes seriously until very close to the deadline. Sweet.


Spagetticus and Alakaslam certainly didn't start in a townish way. But I have to ask which is worse: weak non-contribution (them) or passable non-contribution (you)?


"passable non-contribution" doesn't exist. Your logic is flawed.

My first post was contribution. You can call me out on it later if I contradict myself. You can't call Slam and Spag out on anything that they wrote in their first posts.


Maybe the better choice of words would have been "a semi-contribution" - as in throwing a tiny contribution to the thread in hopes of people glancing over it and deeming it as a passable contribution.

I think being the first real post with substance and allowing for discussion is a good contribution. If I wanted people to glance over it, I would not have been the first one to post it. I would wait until someone else was taking heat in order to make my entrance to the thread in such a way. Another point of bad logic.


I wouldn't call your first post as "real substance". Even "tiny contribution" is a favorable word for that post...

With that said, it's true that Mafia would probably prefer to wait a bit longer before making a post like that. You definitely brought attention on yourself with it (for good reason).

You've been playing entirely reactionary after that first "contribution", though. Do you have anything new to add so far?

"you're suspicous"
"your post is bad"
"but i don't think mafia would post like that"
"random question"

do you see, WoS? do you see?
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
January 12 2014 13:03 GMT
#1142
That post ^ is literally the exact same format as the one on suchdoge I quoted.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
January 12 2014 13:04 GMT
#1143
On January 12 2014 22:01 suchdoge wrote:
WoS I don't understand why you don't like the way things have been going lately.

By the way you worded that it almost sounds as if you don't want marv as mayor, which makes very little sense except as scum attempting to subtly discredit marv.

Care to explain what exactly you are not happy with?

##vote marvellosity

lol
subtly
Welcome to the thread. Who have you been talking to, because I assume in your extended absence you must have had some conversations and reads going.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
January 12 2014 13:05 GMT
#1144
On January 12 2014 22:01 marvellosity wrote:
What are you talking about?

There's literally no point in spending a bunch of sentences shovelling shit on to someone only to end it with "but i don't think mafia would do this after all"

it's a totally pointless post which basically just says stuff for the sake of saying stuff because of how the conclusion ends up.

Show nested quote +
On December 10 2013 07:36 Xatalos wrote:
On December 10 2013 07:33 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Oh wait I can just click profile here. 15.


OK. Well, it's definitely possible that this is a "play" to get town credit. But then again, the more likely scenario is that you're town and trying to figure out the game. Your experience makes the former option more likely, but still less likely than the later option, I'd say.

Xatalos does this silly either.... or.... as mafia like this constantly.

A bunch of sentences? I count like one, where he simply states facts. One of the sentences is him asking suchdoge to come back so he can try to read him, and then the final one is offering his own opinion to the matter.

I see it unmistakeably with the proof of the second one, but are you completely certain he does not do this as town? To me it sounds like a thought process coming across. Yes it is a mafia thought process but one nonetheless---I know when I played scum I personally found it extremely easy to 'pretend' I was town and mimic my usual town thought processes.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
January 12 2014 13:06 GMT
#1145
He's well known for doing it as mafia. He's much more straightforward and not either/or as town.

rayn will confirm this, he's played a tonne with him.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
January 12 2014 13:08 GMT
#1146
Is there any way rayn could be mafia, marv?
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
January 12 2014 13:09 GMT
#1147
There is a way, although I find it pretty unlikely. He still won't lie about Xata's meta though :p
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
January 12 2014 13:13 GMT
#1148
marv: I've been PM'ing a lot since I just woke up recently. I was just getting back to you, but seeing as you made a giant post on me, I guess it's better to post in thread.

It's true that I haven't PM'd with you since the earlier D1. Same thing with thrawn actually. There were so many PM discussions ongoing + thread discussion too that I never got to PM you for a while. You could have initiated a topic as well though. Honestly I lost some interest in your opinions after you claimed to be disinterested in running for Mayor and overall started with a passive style.

What do you think of rayn as Mayor? Apparently yamato gave up, although he was my preference.

Derrida is indeed scummy. He has shown zero interest in scumhunting, made a really easy-to-fake listpost and just folded under pressure. I'm more puzzled about such suchdoge than suspicious at the moment. Was your only interaction with him the one you mentioned in thread? Why would suchdoge just completely leave the thread and draw suspicion for no good reason as scum?

Have you PM'd with VE? For some reason VE hasn't responded to me despite posting in the thread. He also seems to suspect you/Mocsta (according to PM's with Aquanim) without any shared reasoning. Has he told you?
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
suchdoge
Profile Joined January 2014
Guatemala91 Posts
January 12 2014 13:13 GMT
#1149
On January 12 2014 22:04 WaveofShadow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2014 22:01 suchdoge wrote:
WoS I don't understand why you don't like the way things have been going lately.

By the way you worded that it almost sounds as if you don't want marv as mayor, which makes very little sense except as scum attempting to subtly discredit marv.

Care to explain what exactly you are not happy with?

##vote marvellosity

lol
subtly
Welcome to the thread. Who have you been talking to, because I assume in your extended absence you must have had some conversations and reads going.


marv pretty much. No one else has bothered to Skype me, which is the only thing that I can use as long as I have no PC (for like 1-2 days maybe?)

suchdogemlg420

IRC doesn't work cause it requires me to be constantly present. Skype works more like text messaging although the app is kinda buggy.

My 5 PMs have been refreshed though so I've responded to DH and I will be reaching out to VE and whomever else strikes my fancy.

Also as a public notice the following players did not respond to my PMs from the first 24 hours:

BC
CaptainObvious
BH
Mig

So, only marv responded and other than that only DH actually bothered to reach out to me.

Of the above players BH and CO are actually scummy since they were in the thread and provably not afk for some time.

Wow
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
January 12 2014 13:14 GMT
#1150
Why are you asking me about rayn as mayor when I want to be mayor?

I think rayn is town and would make quite a good mayor. But obviously I am sexier, and my butt is more squeezable.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
January 12 2014 13:15 GMT
#1151
I also don't understand how you can lose interest in my opinions when regardless of my alignment I'm going to be a very important player in this game. That's really weird.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
January 12 2014 13:16 GMT
#1152
On January 12 2014 22:09 marvellosity wrote:
There is a way, although I find it pretty unlikely. He still won't lie about Xata's meta though :p

The question was technically unrelated (in my mind) but I do appreciate the clarification.

I think part of my reservations stem from the fact that things feel a little more out-of-my-control than usual, which is obviously to be expected, and I am always reluctant to give up control to strong players who I have trouble trusting (especially rayn. You I often come around to ). As is I could probably attempt to fight you and Rayn for mayor but as I said I won't have the time today and ultimately I do believe that there are people who could do a better job than me. I just hate that feeling of 'default.' I feel robbed of the choice I felt I had earlier in the day. I will feel infinitely better once one of you is right about something I was wrong about (as does tend to happen in these games).

Marv are you on irc?

Rayn you attempted to contact me last night and then disappeared. I wouldn't mind knowing what it was exactly you wanted to discuss.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
January 12 2014 13:17 GMT
#1153
yeah, irc me up if you like.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
January 12 2014 13:22 GMT
#1154
On January 12 2014 22:13 suchdoge wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2014 22:04 WaveofShadow wrote:
On January 12 2014 22:01 suchdoge wrote:
WoS I don't understand why you don't like the way things have been going lately.

By the way you worded that it almost sounds as if you don't want marv as mayor, which makes very little sense except as scum attempting to subtly discredit marv.

Care to explain what exactly you are not happy with?

##vote marvellosity

lol
subtly
Welcome to the thread. Who have you been talking to, because I assume in your extended absence you must have had some conversations and reads going.


marv pretty much. No one else has bothered to Skype me, which is the only thing that I can use as long as I have no PC (for like 1-2 days maybe?)

suchdogemlg420

IRC doesn't work cause it requires me to be constantly present. Skype works more like text messaging although the app is kinda buggy.

My 5 PMs have been refreshed though so I've responded to DH and I will be reaching out to VE and whomever else strikes my fancy.

Also as a public notice the following players did not respond to my PMs from the first 24 hours:

BC
CaptainObvious
BH
Mig

So, only marv responded and other than that only DH actually bothered to reach out to me.

Of the above players BH and CO are actually scummy since they were in the thread and provably not afk for some time.


I would think then it would be in yours and more importantly, town's best interests to post in the thread rather than simply expect people to come to you.

Do you have reads?
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
January 12 2014 13:27 GMT
#1155
who have you been PMing with today Xata? Can you post some logs?
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
January 12 2014 13:32 GMT
#1156
marv: The thing is, I disliked your passive play earlier. Your responses were pretty general stuff and you never asked anything, just said something to what I specifically asked. Combined with the fact that you weren't interested in running for Mayor, I felt like there were better players to bounce ideas with. And it's not like I completely lost interest in PM'ing with you... Actually I was just writing a PM to you when you made that post. Isn't it a bit egoistical to assume that I should be hounding you with PM's all day one-sidedly?

I asked about rayn since I'd consider him a better option than you. Just wanted to know your opinion of him. I also just had a worrying thought: what if you were scum and playing around the fact that you claimed you would definitely run for Mayor as scum? By appearing hesitant at first, it would fit your town meta better to run for Mayor later on. I think you'd be capable of such a plan as scum.

What about my questions about suchdoge and VE, marv?
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
January 12 2014 13:35 GMT
#1157
All day one-sidedly? You didn't send me one at all yesterday :p

I've PMed a little with VE but not much, he's extremely passive. And I've spoken more with suchdoge yes, that's just what I didn't like. I dunno about him so much.

what's with your silly wifom about running for mayor? it's literally not worth it for me to wifom about it when I could just... RUN FOR MAYOR. lol! Think it through. I could either use weak wifom to strengthen my point which I don't care about, or I could just run in the first place. That's really dumb xata.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
January 12 2014 13:36 GMT
#1158
Who I have discussed with: marv, rayn, thrawn, DrH, BH, Alakaslam, yamato, Aquanim

Who I have PM'd but have yet to receive a response: VE, jat

Which logs would you want?
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
January 12 2014 13:37 GMT
#1159
The ones that you've made today since you woke up? Today specifically?
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
January 12 2014 13:42 GMT
#1160
On January 12 2014 22:35 marvellosity wrote:
All day one-sidedly? You didn't send me one at all yesterday :p

I've PMed a little with VE but not much, he's extremely passive. And I've spoken more with suchdoge yes, that's just what I didn't like. I dunno about him so much.

what's with your silly wifom about running for mayor? it's literally not worth it for me to wifom about it when I could just... RUN FOR MAYOR. lol! Think it through. I could either use weak wifom to strengthen my point which I don't care about, or I could just run in the first place. That's really dumb xata.


I meant "day" as in D1. Yesterday was more busy than the beginning of D1 and I had to cut some corners in my time usage on Mafia.

Could you post your logs with suchdoge+VE?

In your position as scum I would definitely proceed like that. Maybe I like to WIFOM my filter as scum more than average, but it still seems like a decent plan. What's bad about doing that? You eliminate meta suspicions, appear more like your town meta, and have more time to formulate a plan for becoming Mayor. It just seems good all around.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Prev 1 56 57 58 59 60 114 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
00:00
#101 (PatchesSC Mod Edition)
PiGStarcraft490
CranKy Ducklings70
EnkiAlexander 32
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft490
RuFF_SC2 85
CosmosSc2 58
Nina 32
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2251
Artosis 603
Dota 2
febbydoto6
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1109
taco 389
minikerr16
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox565
Other Games
summit1g8522
JimRising 665
Day[9].tv490
C9.Mang0316
Maynarde146
ViBE137
Livibee103
ArmadaUGS29
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1130
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream124
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP21
• OhrlRock 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv490
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
8h 52m
Stellar Fest
10h 52m
The PondCast
1d 7h
OSC
1d 10h
Stellar Fest
1d 10h
OSC
1d 21h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.