• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:11
CEST 21:11
KST 04:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)48Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9020 users

TL Mafia LXIV: A Game of Intrigue - Page 49

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 47 48 49 50 51 114 Next
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25562 Posts
January 12 2014 01:46 GMT
#961
You guys are leaving out the pro-town aspects of my play, like my mass PM and supporting the mason strat. come on guys! On top of that, I think my talking about the hatter bombs is entirely reasonable. When would DrH REALLY get shot N1? well, if Marv and Rayn are boths cum (remember i have yet to deduce that 1+ of them are town at this point, since they haven't PMed me yet). If you guys want me to stop posting in this thread because I am "shitting it up" I will gladly comply, but I really don't see any of my actions so far as scum-motivated. I don't have good reads, but a lot of times i dont' have very solid reads D1. I have been trying in PM-land to generate evidence and respond earnestly to what people PM me. if you guys want to lynch me for that, you're wrong, and I will do my best to argue you're wrong. I still think DrH is the right guy for mayor, but come on guys, you don't REALLY believe this, do you?
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Captain Obvious
Profile Joined January 2014
33 Posts
January 12 2014 01:46 GMT
#962
On January 12 2014 10:41 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
he doesn't have real reads because he's making exclusively private reads to people and they're all different people.

course of action:
1. ask for policy lynch on a player whose alignment you have no opinion on
2. say that no matter who is mayor you will push for this lynch
3. vote for a mayor who says they will not lynch kush and suspects BH himself of being scum
4. provide scumread on xatalos when asked by me on the second half of the day, doesn't push it
5. privately provides scumread to xatalos on alakaslam, doesn't push it in thread
6. privately provides split moderate scumreads on rayn/marvellosity to me in private, says putting madhatter bombs on them is a good idea, doesn't push either player in thread or in his PMs with other people, when asked about it only talks about how he only thinks one can be scum
7. votes for me again after i ask for him to be lynched

he's playing intentionally and brazenly anti-town. I don't care how "bad" blazinghand is. What better to do as scum at this point than to collapse completely and shit in the thread?


He clearly stated it was a policy lynch because he did not believe he would be able to discern his alignment. If he was able to form an opinion on him he wouldn't have asked for a policy lynch!
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
January 12 2014 01:47 GMT
#963
i'm gonna leave this for now. As usual BH stuns me with his play.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 12 2014 01:47 GMT
#964
yeah, what a self-centered and stupid way of looking at the game. I can't read VE hardly ever, there are people who can, why would I want him lynched Day 1 over something like that? Why would he push other mayors to stick to his policy lynch over his own preferences versus pushing his ACTUAL scumreads? Is that good play to you
RIP Aaliyah
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25562 Posts
January 12 2014 01:47 GMT
#965
On January 12 2014 10:46 Captain Obvious wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2014 10:41 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
he doesn't have real reads because he's making exclusively private reads to people and they're all different people.

course of action:
1. ask for policy lynch on a player whose alignment you have no opinion on
2. say that no matter who is mayor you will push for this lynch
3. vote for a mayor who says they will not lynch kush and suspects BH himself of being scum
4. provide scumread on xatalos when asked by me on the second half of the day, doesn't push it
5. privately provides scumread to xatalos on alakaslam, doesn't push it in thread
6. privately provides split moderate scumreads on rayn/marvellosity to me in private, says putting madhatter bombs on them is a good idea, doesn't push either player in thread or in his PMs with other people, when asked about it only talks about how he only thinks one can be scum
7. votes for me again after i ask for him to be lynched

he's playing intentionally and brazenly anti-town. I don't care how "bad" blazinghand is. What better to do as scum at this point than to collapse completely and shit in the thread?


He clearly stated it was a policy lynch because he did not believe he would be able to discern his alignment. If he was able to form an opinion on him he wouldn't have asked for a policy lynch!


yeah I mean like I said, DrH clearly doesn't understand (or, more likely, is pretending not to understand) my thought process or the definition of a policy lynch. I suspect he's actually just displeased with my playstyle and has decided to make an example of me, showing he's not afraid to go after veterans who don't play to his standards. If it causes town to fall into line for the rest of the game, that's a reasonable decision and I support that.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25562 Posts
January 12 2014 01:49 GMT
#966
On January 12 2014 10:47 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
yeah, what a self-centered and stupid way of looking at the game. I can't read VE hardly ever, there are people who can, why would I want him lynched Day 1 over something like that? Why would he push other mayors to stick to his policy lynch over his own preferences versus pushing his ACTUAL scumreads? Is that good play to you


Wait okay hold on a sec

i'm gonna be totally clear here, since this wasn't clear before, the kush policy lynch was 100% JUST A CONVERSATION STARTER. now normally I wouldn't cop to it but the purpose of that lynch and its time has passed, we're at the point where we clearly have lots to talk about. generally in games, especially during D1, people are always griping about not having things to talk about. I got the ball rolling with the kush plynch and tried to get people to spout opinions on the Drh election. Surely this is a good thing, yes?
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 12 2014 01:50 GMT
#967
ok now you're lying
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 12 2014 01:51 GMT
#968
On January 12 2014 10:47 Blazinghand wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2014 10:46 Captain Obvious wrote:
On January 12 2014 10:41 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
he doesn't have real reads because he's making exclusively private reads to people and they're all different people.

course of action:
1. ask for policy lynch on a player whose alignment you have no opinion on
2. say that no matter who is mayor you will push for this lynch
3. vote for a mayor who says they will not lynch kush and suspects BH himself of being scum
4. provide scumread on xatalos when asked by me on the second half of the day, doesn't push it
5. privately provides scumread to xatalos on alakaslam, doesn't push it in thread
6. privately provides split moderate scumreads on rayn/marvellosity to me in private, says putting madhatter bombs on them is a good idea, doesn't push either player in thread or in his PMs with other people, when asked about it only talks about how he only thinks one can be scum
7. votes for me again after i ask for him to be lynched

he's playing intentionally and brazenly anti-town. I don't care how "bad" blazinghand is. What better to do as scum at this point than to collapse completely and shit in the thread?


He clearly stated it was a policy lynch because he did not believe he would be able to discern his alignment. If he was able to form an opinion on him he wouldn't have asked for a policy lynch!


yeah I mean like I said, DrH clearly doesn't understand (or, more likely, is pretending not to understand) my thought process or the definition of a policy lynch. I suspect he's actually just displeased with my playstyle and has decided to make an example of me, showing he's not afraid to go after veterans who don't play to his standards. If it causes town to fall into line for the rest of the game, that's a reasonable decision and I support that.

ah, martyr yourself
RIP Aaliyah
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25562 Posts
January 12 2014 01:51 GMT
#969
OK OK WAIT. ONE MORE THING. I am Hopeless1's mason partner. SURELY it's not worth it to lynch me, a confirmed town player?!
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
January 12 2014 01:51 GMT
#970
lol

so I was right

toogood
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
January 12 2014 01:52 GMT
#971
lol I knew that was coming
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25562 Posts
January 12 2014 01:52 GMT
#972
LOOK I KNOW I'M PLAYING LIKE SHIT, but luckily as always i rolled blue so don't lynch me. i'll get my shit together. I want to do wellt his game! this is a sweet game.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 12 2014 01:53 GMT
#973
well wait for hopeless to confirm that otherwise you need to stop playing recklessly and push your actual scumreads
RIP Aaliyah
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
January 12 2014 01:53 GMT
#974
well marv. that explains the awkward bits about bh from hopeless pm's
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
January 12 2014 01:53 GMT
#975
can't believe you calling me scum for being attentive enough to notice that

so lame
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25562 Posts
January 12 2014 01:54 GMT
#976
coag. we should lynch coag. SURELY we should lynch him today. I say this because he obviously is going to put in coag levels of effort (ie accidentally hammering himself as town in instant majority lynch MYLO) so we should just get rid of him
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
January 12 2014 01:54 GMT
#977
For reference, this was it:

On January 12 2014 07:36 Blazinghand wrote:
##vote Doctorhelvetica

quick thoughts

1) kush campaign was semi legit but mostly just for the talking. realistically speaking people love derping around and complaining about how nobody has anything to talk about. kush is an okay policy lynch but he's no oatsmaster. (heh)

2) I honestly belive DrH is our best mayor here. the fact that he thought about how to use the hammering power optimally and laid out a plan and defended it should be more than enough of a reason. even if he's scum (plausible, as DrH is pretty sharp; he could have done this to try to win it as scum) he's still written himself into a corner in terms of how he uses the hammering vote. this is subject to change but short of someone claiming mason I don't think it will

3) i omitted certain people from my mass pm, mostly people I was already talking to via pm, but also one or two people I didn't want to talk to. I did the mass pm because I wanted to see how people would react differently to it and gather data. one of the things i was checking for was how quickly people would figure out it was a mass pm (since scum would know instantly as they would be comparing pms in the scum qt). I was not anticipating people discussing the pm in the thread so quickly, so this derailed my plan. I'll figure out something else for finding scum.

4) if you pmed me and I haven't gotten back to you, I'm sorry, pm me again so it shows as unread. thanks!

[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25562 Posts
January 12 2014 01:54 GMT
#978
On January 12 2014 10:53 marvellosity wrote:
can't believe you calling me scum for being attentive enough to notice that

so lame


why were you even fishing for that though? like why even fish? i can't think of a reason better than "I'm scum and I want to know who I can shoot for free"
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25562 Posts
January 12 2014 01:55 GMT
#979
On January 12 2014 10:54 marvellosity wrote:
For reference, this was it:

Show nested quote +
On January 12 2014 07:36 Blazinghand wrote:
##vote Doctorhelvetica

quick thoughts

1) kush campaign was semi legit but mostly just for the talking. realistically speaking people love derping around and complaining about how nobody has anything to talk about. kush is an okay policy lynch but he's no oatsmaster. (heh)

2) I honestly belive DrH is our best mayor here. the fact that he thought about how to use the hammering power optimally and laid out a plan and defended it should be more than enough of a reason. even if he's scum (plausible, as DrH is pretty sharp; he could have done this to try to win it as scum) he's still written himself into a corner in terms of how he uses the hammering vote. this is subject to change but short of someone claiming mason I don't think it will

3) i omitted certain people from my mass pm, mostly people I was already talking to via pm, but also one or two people I didn't want to talk to. I did the mass pm because I wanted to see how people would react differently to it and gather data. one of the things i was checking for was how quickly people would figure out it was a mass pm (since scum would know instantly as they would be comparing pms in the scum qt). I was not anticipating people discussing the pm in the thread so quickly, so this derailed my plan. I'll figure out something else for finding scum.

4) if you pmed me and I haven't gotten back to you, I'm sorry, pm me again so it shows as unread. thanks!



yes, that was my crumb, i posted it right before hopeless claimed mason so the two of us would be able to do yada yada yada. but it turns out the whole mason mayor powers don't work together
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
January 12 2014 01:55 GMT
#980
because i like to know that i'm right

do you not know my fucking ego?
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Prev 1 47 48 49 50 51 114 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 50m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 603
UpATreeSC 140
JuggernautJason47
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 18421
firebathero 173
Rush 124
Dewaltoss 114
Sexy 28
Bale 13
yabsab 12
Dota 2
Gorgc8263
qojqva1405
monkeys_forever132
Counter-Strike
fl0m1584
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1880
crisheroes1137
Liquid`Hasu735
XaKoH 168
Other Games
summit1g3388
Grubby3161
FrodaN835
Beastyqt649
shahzam224
ArmadaUGS201
byalli195
KnowMe165
C9.Mang0153
Mew2King61
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV185
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream82
StarCraft 2
angryscii 9
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 35
• FirePhoenix5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• Nemesis1647
League of Legends
• TFBlade1093
Other Games
• imaqtpie922
• WagamamaTV250
• Shiphtur243
Upcoming Events
OSC
4h 50m
Stellar Fest
17h 50m
OSC
1d 2h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 14h
Online Event
1d 15h
FEL
1d 20h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 21h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 23h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.