• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:07
CEST 04:07
KST 11:07
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8128 users

TL Mafia LXIV: A Game of Intrigue - Page 18

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 114 Next
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 11 2014 01:33 GMT
#341
I haven't played in a while so I can't really operate on any kind of meta knowledge here, I'd reference previous games if it will assist me in building a case though.
RIP Aaliyah
gumshoe
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada3602 Posts
January 11 2014 01:33 GMT
#342
On January 11 2014 10:07 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
And it's not about threats - the threat is meant to foster an atmosphere where questions are answered, you can't deflect and avoid when I can kill you instantly. It's that simple. I don't think that mafia want to be in that kind of scenario at all, a scum mayor would reveal himself immediately playing like this too because he would be forced to apply this policy to all players and if he starts picking and choosing which passive/unresponsive players get threatened that's a pretty bad look. A scum mayor doesn't want to play this aggressively because there's no way of him avoiding threatening a hammer on his own team mates. Which FORCES his teammates to get in further drawn out discussions/arguments regarding their own alignment. Not a good situation for mafia to be in imo.

Jesus christ you dont fuck around with your answers 0_0

Yeah I could see myself voting for you.
gumshoe bullshitting at 120%~~Prplz
Hopeless1der
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5836 Posts
January 11 2014 01:40 GMT
#343
DrH chewed out promethelax in the podcast thread for doge speak. Unless I'm missing something somewhere else, that's the source of his suchdoge hate
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
January 11 2014 01:46 GMT
#344
On January 11 2014 09:11 marvellosity wrote:
Hi everyone I'm a little bit mashed

A pleasure to make your acquaintances

seconded
Writer@WriterYamato
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
January 11 2014 01:47 GMT
#345
Hello.

I have neither interest in running for nor objection to being mayor. Probably better to confirm a vet as town and then vote that veteran.

I will initiate a private chat with Blazinghand soon, otherwise feel free to PM me your desired method of communication. I watch Star Trek evenings (California time), immediately following tends to improve communication with me.

Please be wary of me, I am very good at looking town early! It just doesn't tend to last. This game I may try and learn how to do that or simply exude my alignment naturally.

I'm expecting a pretty good game.
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
January 11 2014 01:48 GMT
#346
Also, I'm the best candidate for mayor. I am actually going to try this game and stuff
Writer@WriterYamato
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 11 2014 01:51 GMT
#347
I should mention I'm officially running for mayor
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 11 2014 01:53 GMT
#348
On January 11 2014 10:47 Alakaslam wrote:
Hello.

I have neither interest in running for nor objection to being mayor. Probably better to confirm a vet as town and then vote that veteran.

I will initiate a private chat with Blazinghand soon, otherwise feel free to PM me your desired method of communication. I watch Star Trek evenings (California time), immediately following tends to improve communication with me.

Please be wary of me, I am very good at looking town early! It just doesn't tend to last. This game I may try and learn how to do that or simply exude my alignment naturally.

I'm expecting a pretty good game.

Cool, now participate in the current discussion. Should the mayor ever hammer? What do you think of BH on kush?
RIP Aaliyah
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
January 11 2014 02:02 GMT
#349
DrH.

I like some of the things you said however I am worried that if town, such aggressive mayor tactics might lead to you going power-crazed and taking the hammer threats too far. How can you assure me this will not be the case?
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
Hopeless1der
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5836 Posts
January 11 2014 02:05 GMT
#350
I plomise to be the best mayor TL has ever seen. Many scums will be lynched under my watch. Vote hopeless for mayor.
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 11 2014 02:09 GMT
#351
I've already explained my intentions. The purpose is not to quickly and constantly hammer my suspects, but to force players to respond to pressure and make it hard for mafia to remain passive or dodge certain aspects of an argument. I'm at friday night magic so expect me to be pretty inactive for probably the rest of tonight. I will be reading and checking my inbox periodically on my phone though. I can answer specific questions via PM.
RIP Aaliyah
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
January 11 2014 02:15 GMT
#352
So, I'm getting flashbacks of insane mafia. I'm guessing people don't want to make me the mayor then
Together but separate, like oatmeal
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
January 11 2014 02:29 GMT
#353
On January 11 2014 10:47 Alakaslam wrote:
Hello.

I have neither interest in running for nor objection to being mayor. Probably better to confirm a vet as town and then vote that veteran.

I will initiate a private chat with Blazinghand soon, otherwise feel free to PM me your desired method of communication. I watch Star Trek evenings (California time), immediately following tends to improve communication with me.

Please be wary of me, I am very good at looking town early! It just doesn't tend to last. This game I may try and learn how to do that or simply exude my alignment naturally.

I'm expecting a pretty good game.


What came out of your chat with BH?
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25562 Posts
January 11 2014 02:34 GMT
#354
I have yet to receive a om from slam
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
BloodyC0bbler
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Canada7876 Posts
January 11 2014 02:37 GMT
#355
I will be unavailable for almost all of day 1.

I didn't realize the game was starting so early and thus made plans tommorrow after work (work at 530 am eastern til early to mid afternoon then im heading out of town for the night). I might be able to post a few times via my phone but nothing reliable.

I apologize in advance for this.

As a note however, Until someone provides a real reason to be elected they shouldn't be considered.
#3 Member of the Chill Fanclub / Rhaegar fought nobly. Rhaegar fought valiantly. Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaeger died. --Ser Jorah Mormont TL MAFIA FORUM http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 go go !
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
January 11 2014 02:39 GMT
#356
These veterans keep popping up. I should check the player list. I think I will be impressed.
I had a good night of sleep.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
January 11 2014 02:40 GMT
#357
Hi!
I will lynch mafia.
Best reason.
table for two on a tv tray
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
January 11 2014 02:44 GMT
#358
Hi. I have no desire to be mayor. There, that's out of the way.

On January 11 2014 11:37 BloodyC0bbler wrote:
Until someone provides a real reason to be elected they shouldn't be considered.

What do you consider a real reason to be elected?

Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
January 11 2014 02:48 GMT
#359
On January 11 2014 11:34 Blazinghand wrote:
I have yet to receive a om from slam


.....What? What was the meaning of his first post then?

Alakaslam better explain the meaning of this.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
January 11 2014 03:01 GMT
#360
On January 11 2014 11:44 Aquanim wrote:
Hi. I have no desire to be mayor. There, that's out of the way.

Show nested quote +
On January 11 2014 11:37 BloodyC0bbler wrote:
Until someone provides a real reason to be elected they shouldn't be considered.

What do you consider a real reason to be elected?



Why do you have no desire to become a Mayor?
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 114 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
00:00
#101 (PatchesSC Mod Edition)
PiGStarcraft490
CranKy Ducklings70
EnkiAlexander 32
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft490
RuFF_SC2 85
CosmosSc2 58
Nina 32
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2251
Artosis 603
Dota 2
febbydoto6
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1109
taco 389
minikerr16
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox565
Other Games
summit1g8522
JimRising 665
Day[9].tv490
C9.Mang0316
Maynarde146
ViBE137
Livibee103
ArmadaUGS29
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1130
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream124
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP21
• OhrlRock 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv490
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
8h 53m
Stellar Fest
10h 53m
The PondCast
1d 7h
OSC
1d 10h
Stellar Fest
1d 10h
OSC
1d 21h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.