• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:41
CEST 11:41
KST 18:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon107
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6477 users

TL Mafia LXIV: A Game of Intrigue - Page 16

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 114 Next
Captain Obvious
Profile Joined January 2014
33 Posts
January 11 2014 00:28 GMT
#301
Vote me for Mayor and I shall use my magnificent powers of common sense to find and lynch mafia!
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
January 11 2014 00:33 GMT
#302
On January 11 2014 09:10 Blazinghand wrote:
Make me mayor and I'll lynch kush d1.

/thread

Why don't you wait and see how he plays first? What's with all the people deciding to policy lynch that early in the game without even considering the play of the person in question...


Marv will you try to be elected?
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25562 Posts
January 11 2014 00:34 GMT
#303
I'm asking because (and I could be wrong here, who knows?!) I THINK kush was scum in extractor trick.

Yes, that's right, the one time kush actually contributed stuff, he was scum. Here's 100% what's going to happen this game whether you guys like it or not: kush is going to contribute very little regardless of his alignment. He will be hypothetically readable to some kush expert (which I am not) and perhaps people will even form reads on him. Given that hopeless1 has assured me he knows when kush is town by saying kush was active kinda sort last game, when kush was scum, I get th efeeling that everyone is just like me and has no flipping clue how to read kush.

Now, I'll be the first person to say a policy lynch is a policy lynch: I am calling for a policy lynch on kush. If you object to me personally being mayor, that's fine, find me someone else equally good (marv, DrH) who is willing to do the dirty work and lynch kush today. This game we'll start from the bottom and clear out all the unreadable players who never post, all the lurkers, all the kushes, and we'll have an actual damn game of mafia. Scum are down there! We won't lose if we policy a few horribly anti-town players, and it will be fun, too.

Blazinghand for Duke!
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
January 11 2014 00:34 GMT
#304
i'm town

lynch hopeless

hey does anyone know how to beat the boss from world 4-1 in demon souls? Do you just run down the stairs? I use a melee character and always die before I reach the bottom
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
January 11 2014 00:35 GMT
#305
i object to BH being mayor
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25562 Posts
January 11 2014 00:35 GMT
#306
On January 11 2014 09:33 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 11 2014 09:10 Blazinghand wrote:
Make me mayor and I'll lynch kush d1.

/thread

Why don't you wait and see how he plays first? What's with all the people deciding to policy lynch that early in the game without even considering the play of the person in question...


Marv will you try to be elected?


Not considering the play of the person in question? are you flipping kidding me? kush's play is not necessary "awful" per se but it's the kind of play that in my personol onion demands a response that optimizes our chance of winning this game. That response is lynching kush. I know EXACTLY how kush is going to play this game, and let's not kid anyone here: so do you. He's going to lurk. he's going to make occasional posts. If he's town, he will try to vote whoever is the scummiest, but if he's scum his activity will basically be the same. We should get rid of him.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
gumshoe
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada3602 Posts
January 11 2014 00:36 GMT
#307
Hey guys, make me mayor cause I'm bad. The fact of wether or not I'm scum will become extremely apparent within a few days going by the quality of my activity. On the other hand exceptional players like Marv or rayn can successfully abuse their power as king without getting caught and become fiercely run on threats. I am of the opinion that the most important attribute of the king be that he is town, wether or not he is good is an added bonus, and I'm certain all the skillful scum players will go to great lengths today to seem "townier" than they would normally. Besides, I shall be a fair king, on day 1 I will listen to everything everyone has to say and then lynch the most likely scum target. Going on I promise to be extra active given the importance of my double vote. So yeah, vote the king you can keep in check.
gumshoe bullshitting at 120%~~Prplz
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
January 11 2014 00:36 GMT
#308
On January 11 2014 09:26 Blazinghand wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 11 2014 09:23 Xatalos wrote:
On January 11 2014 09:18 Blazinghand wrote:
On January 11 2014 09:13 Xatalos wrote:
On January 11 2014 09:10 Blazinghand wrote:
Make me mayor and I'll lynch kush d1.

/thread


I don't really think ... [shortened for size constraints]


If your typical thought about me is "blazinghand is unlikely to post enough and will probably lurk" then that's fine, totally reasonable to think.


You seem plenty active now, but I'm afraid of the possible consequences if you became Mayor. Frankly, I think I'd do a better job. I've never played in a Mayor/PM game though so I'm leaning towards someone more experienced.

Yeah, I get what you're saying. I'm a classic low content player / lurker.


You're quite a salesman....

At this rate maybe I should actually run for Mayor...
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 11 2014 00:37 GMT
#309
Why should we policy lynch a player day 1 just because you alone have a hard time dealing with them being in the game? If this was your intention, did you mention it before the beginning? I would say that this is an attempt to make the thread discussion worthless but you're not dumb enough to think that the town is going to be on board with that lynch, or that in the 48 hours that pass from now the discussion will still be seriously centered around a lynch on kush. So you might as well say now exactly what you're getting at - if what you're getting at is that no matter what happens at the end of this day, you would still lynch kush regardless, then whoever is elected should lynch you immediately.
RIP Aaliyah
gumshoe
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada3602 Posts
January 11 2014 00:38 GMT
#310
On January 11 2014 09:36 Xatalos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 11 2014 09:26 Blazinghand wrote:
On January 11 2014 09:23 Xatalos wrote:
On January 11 2014 09:18 Blazinghand wrote:
On January 11 2014 09:13 Xatalos wrote:
On January 11 2014 09:10 Blazinghand wrote:
Make me mayor and I'll lynch kush d1.

/thread


I don't really think ... [shortened for size constraints]


If your typical thought about me is "blazinghand is unlikely to post enough and will probably lurk" then that's fine, totally reasonable to think.


You seem plenty active now, but I'm afraid of the possible consequences if you became Mayor. Frankly, I think I'd do a better job. I've never played in a Mayor/PM game though so I'm leaning towards someone more experienced.

Yeah, I get what you're saying. I'm a classic low content player / lurker.


You're quite a salesman....

At this rate maybe I should actually run for Mayor...


I've you vote for me I promise not to lurk ( :
gumshoe bullshitting at 120%~~Prplz
gumshoe
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada3602 Posts
January 11 2014 00:39 GMT
#311
Evwop 'if'
gumshoe bullshitting at 120%~~Prplz
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
January 11 2014 00:41 GMT
#312
On January 11 2014 09:33 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 11 2014 09:10 Blazinghand wrote:
Make me mayor and I'll lynch kush d1.

/thread

Why don't you wait and see how he plays first? What's with all the people deciding to policy lynch that early in the game without even considering the play of the person in question...


Marv will you try to be elected?

I'll run for mayor if/when I find a candidate I want to lynch or I think town is going full on dumbo.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
January 11 2014 00:41 GMT
#313
On January 11 2014 09:35 Blazinghand wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 11 2014 09:33 justanothertownie wrote:
On January 11 2014 09:10 Blazinghand wrote:
Make me mayor and I'll lynch kush d1.

/thread

Why don't you wait and see how he plays first? What's with all the people deciding to policy lynch that early in the game without even considering the play of the person in question...


Marv will you try to be elected?


Not considering the play of the person in question? are you flipping kidding me? kush's play is not necessary "awful" per se but it's the kind of play that in my personol onion demands a response that optimizes our chance of winning this game. That response is lynching kush. I know EXACTLY how kush is going to play this game, and let's not kid anyone here: so do you. He's going to lurk. he's going to make occasional posts. If he's town, he will try to vote whoever is the scummiest, but if he's scum his activity will basically be the same. We should get rid of him.

Well IF Kush is playing this way and you still think nobody will be able to read him - ok. But I don't think threating him this way (deciding to kill him without caring about what he actually does) improves the situation with him.
Hopeless1der
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5836 Posts
January 11 2014 00:41 GMT
#314
BH I can totally read kush. Also you hosted extractor trick. Wtf?

Thrawn I thought we were cool bro what gives?why you gotta lynch me?
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 11 2014 00:42 GMT
#315
So should we wait until we clear out all the lurkers (alignment non-indicative behavior) and people you don't like to actually try to draw out scum, would you pass on a scum lynch to remove a player you have a "hard" time reading, as though the rest of the town should frame their opinions around your perspective? And what is the policy exactly, does this fall under LAL or anything like that - or is this just your personal preference. Your personal preference is meaningless to me and should mean absolutely nothing to anybody.

We can deal with suspicious lurkers by threatening hammer. If I'm mayor, I will lynch my top scumread at the end of Day 1, no matter who it is. I do not care if it is Marv or BC, the most suspicious person at the end of Day 1 will be lynched. I will threaten hammer on anyone who is under significant suspicion in the thread and fails to respond to it. I will threaten immediate hammer until they adequately respond to all accusations, I will threaten hammer to lurkers who try to avoid the discussion. By properly utilizing votes and the pressure of a hammer, we can force people to play at the pace the town wants them to play at. That's all. I won't try to be a hero and hammer someone without announcing or first putting on adequate pressure and giving people a chance to defend themselves but I would not be afraid to use it if I suspect the mafia are making a serious effort to derail a lynch on bad logic.
RIP Aaliyah
gumshoe
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada3602 Posts
January 11 2014 00:43 GMT
#316
I mean, I've played one scum game, and I was terrible in it, what's more my scum partner xatalos from that game is here, so he can even call me out if he sees any similar play XD

## vote the king you can keep in check.
gumshoe bullshitting at 120%~~Prplz
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
January 11 2014 00:43 GMT
#317
On January 11 2014 09:41 Hopeless1der wrote:
BH I can totally read kush. Also you hosted extractor trick. Wtf?

Thrawn I thought we were cool bro what gives?why you gotta lynch me?


if I told you then you'd stop doing it
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
January 11 2014 00:43 GMT
#318
On January 11 2014 09:41 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 11 2014 09:33 justanothertownie wrote:
On January 11 2014 09:10 Blazinghand wrote:
Make me mayor and I'll lynch kush d1.

/thread

Why don't you wait and see how he plays first? What's with all the people deciding to policy lynch that early in the game without even considering the play of the person in question...


Marv will you try to be elected?

I'll run for mayor if/when I find a candidate I want to lynch or I think town is going full on dumbo.

Keep in mind that the mayor has more power than deciding the Day1 lynch.
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 11 2014 00:44 GMT
#319
On January 11 2014 09:41 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 11 2014 09:35 Blazinghand wrote:
On January 11 2014 09:33 justanothertownie wrote:
On January 11 2014 09:10 Blazinghand wrote:
Make me mayor and I'll lynch kush d1.

/thread

Why don't you wait and see how he plays first? What's with all the people deciding to policy lynch that early in the game without even considering the play of the person in question...


Marv will you try to be elected?


Not considering the play of the person in question? are you flipping kidding me? kush's play is not necessary "awful" per se but it's the kind of play that in my personol onion demands a response that optimizes our chance of winning this game. That response is lynching kush. I know EXACTLY how kush is going to play this game, and let's not kid anyone here: so do you. He's going to lurk. he's going to make occasional posts. If he's town, he will try to vote whoever is the scummiest, but if he's scum his activity will basically be the same. We should get rid of him.

Well IF Kush is playing this way and you still think nobody will be able to read him - ok. But I don't think threating him this way (deciding to kill him without caring about what he actually does) improves the situation with him.

Well it started a discussion and that's really useful - I hope this is BH's true intention. To immediately create a situation in the town where people can take sides and argue, it's actually beneficial to players who put in effort to read and consider everything. If this is not his true intention - then nevermind. Either way I demand he explains.
RIP Aaliyah
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
January 11 2014 00:44 GMT
#320
On January 11 2014 09:43 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 11 2014 09:41 marvellosity wrote:
On January 11 2014 09:33 justanothertownie wrote:
On January 11 2014 09:10 Blazinghand wrote:
Make me mayor and I'll lynch kush d1.

/thread

Why don't you wait and see how he plays first? What's with all the people deciding to policy lynch that early in the game without even considering the play of the person in question...


Marv will you try to be elected?

I'll run for mayor if/when I find a candidate I want to lynch or I think town is going full on dumbo.

Keep in mind that the mayor has more power than deciding the Day1 lynch.

I'm well aware of the setup, twinkletoes
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 114 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 20m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 1400
Bisu 1040
Soma 503
hero 184
EffOrt 173
Pusan 114
HiyA 81
ZerO 59
soO 52
sorry 42
[ Show more ]
Killer 37
Shinee 33
Rush 30
Sharp 28
Mong 27
Bale 25
Terrorterran 11
Noble 10
JulyZerg 7
Stork 0
Dota 2
Gorgc297
Counter-Strike
edward87
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft772
crisheroes734
Other Games
gofns45696
olofmeister1183
singsing1173
ceh9539
Livibee209
Pyrionflax146
ArmadaUGS50
ZerO(Twitch)12
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick532
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream470
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 20
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH330
• StrangeGG 31
• LUISG 23
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2380
League of Legends
• Jankos1594
• Rush1383
• Stunt451
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
20m
Afreeca Starleague
20m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
14h 20m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 1h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.