• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:06
CEST 08:06
KST 15:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9150 users

II Titanic Mini Mafia - Page 2

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
sidesprang
Profile Joined January 2009
Norway1033 Posts
December 14 2013 13:26 GMT
#2030
On December 14 2013 22:15 Xatalos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 14 2013 22:04 sidesprang wrote:
And to answer you a bit Xata

On December 14 2013 20:42 Xatalos wrote:
I haven't been very successful in reading rayn in the past. He feels pretty townie though (even that paranoia for Plutarch seems quite townie IMO). I see no point in even discussing lynching him at this point.

LSB seemed like a good lynch earlier, but there's one issue that bothers me. Essentially it's that I agree on his points about purple, and after closely reading through sidesprang's filter, I think sidesprang is actually more scummy than LSB.

Firstly, there's this "bait and switch" that LSB mentioned:

On December 10 2013 09:42 sidesprang wrote:
Ok, so a lot of things going on. I agree we should not let lurkers stay silent, and should poke anyone that stays silent for to long. But there is a lot of value in not spamming down the thread if you are town, that will only make the scummy post harder to see. I'm mainly looking at you Xatalos, as you are on your third page in filter with like half of the post being oneliners. Even if town you will be detrimental to the town if you keep this up! There are others aswell, just used you as an example.


--------

About Cora there are a few things I did not like and caught my eye. His opening post is not good, and if he's mafia hes basically just buying himself an excuse to lurk for day 1 and then come out day 2 and bring chaos onto the town.

He also deflected a lot in his defence and basically just said "look at X he's scummier than me".

And lastly he asked for people to vote for him if they found him scummy, which is very Anti-Town.


I do not feel cora is mafia yet at least, but definetly worth to look at.



-------

@Kish, can anyone that have played with him earlier say something about how he plays. He is deffo playing the most anti town atm, but he's also doing it on purpose which is frustrating.



This is basically the most non-committal bandwagon move in the whole game. He just half-heartedly joins the bandwagon while keeping his options open (either to vote for Cora or to forget about the whole thing). I also dislike him calling Corazon "anti-town" rather than "scummy". It shows a mindset where he doesn't really believe Corazon to be scum, but rather believes him to be an anti-town townie (or that's how it seems like). Still, it's another point against Corazon without even calling him scum for it.


I allready answered this, I said I did not find Cora to be behaving scummy at that time but I did not belive him to be scum. And i'm a bit suprised you have a problem with this, It's basically the same thing you are doing with LSB atm, only my scum % on cora was way less than your 60% on LSB.



On December 11 2013 21:57 sidesprang wrote:
JarJarDrinks : I dont like this guy atm, might just be because he went after me. But in his filter he says he finds zeroing in on details scummy, and thats what he's been doing half his post. And his case against me with the "anti-town" thing I just find very very weak. I kinda get the feeling he's trying to pick some low hanging fruit with the way he's saying "hey look at this".


His posts are just so... defensive, weak and non-committal. Like this very weak read on JarJar (that's even partly OMGUS). Overall he's been very passive and flying under the radar for the whole game. And he seems to be content with that situation, not even trying to play pro-actively.

This was the last guy I mentioned there and also therefor my weakest scumread at the time. He was not scum to me at the time, I just thought his behaviour and his comment about zeroing in on details was worth mentioning at the time.

On December 13 2013 20:20 sidesprang wrote:
Ok was busy yesterday, had exam today. Read the thread and i'm now starting on filters.

What I've noted so far is, that I noticed people wanted to try to find mafia from looking at the voting pattern. Which I think is a valid way of doing things.

One thing that caught my mind was. There was deffo some suspicious votes happening, I think we all agree on that. But for one of those suspicious votes to actually be a mafia, wont VA have to be mafia. Like I mean no mafia member should vote like that unless they try to save his teammate.

So my thought is

VA = Mafia -> susp votes = mafia
VA = Town-> susp votes = town

Of course there is also the possibility that its just bad play in general. But I think the link is worth to take note of.


Only read purps filter for today, but I find that one very scummy in general. He is not really doing much. He said he had a town read on cora, then 2 hours after he proceeds to vote on him. I think it had something to do with the notes. I'll look more into why he did that flip later. And he is also defending VA a lot. All that together with the very weak reason for voting spag makes him very scummy in my eyes.


I wont cast any votes untill I get to read the rest, but I need some sleep first.



This post.... At first I only focused my attention on the VA theory, but actually the worrying part is the bolded one. It pretty much says "I won't be voting until I can bandwagon on someone easily". Not exactly in those words, but that's basically what it means (especially combined with the fact that he has been lurking all D2). I wouldn't be surprised if he just came back later today to park his vote on some popular lynch target.

I must say I really like this comment, When D1 I voted semi early on Vayne, which was definetly not a bustarget at that moment, and you came in late and "parked" your vote on the popular lynch target.

- - - -

So basically I agree with LSB's reads, which makes me not really want to lynch him at the moment. I think I'd prefer Artanis, sidesprang or purple. Specifically Artanis and sidesprang look bad.

How many players would be willing to lynch Artanis? Or sidesprang or purple?


Your vote on VA is pretty much the definition of "parking" a vote. It had no meaning, you didn't push him, it just sat there without any use. And you still haven't done anything to push a vote today either. Are you planning to?

Fair enough (about the JarJar read).

Well, it's true that my stance on LSB is a bit similar to your stance on Corazon. However, it's much more worrying in your case, since you haven't really done anything else besides that. Or you have posted some reads, but you haven't impacted the game in any way. You've just defended yourself a bit and posted a couple of reads.

If VA didn't exist, who would you want to lynch?



How did my vote on VA not have a meaning D1, he almost got lynched! Then suddenly there was a huge shift onto spag with like less than 1h left of the day. I posted my thoughts about how the votes went down, and I think a VA lynch can give us some good leads.

If VA was not in the game, and all connections to him dont exsist. I would most likely go for purp, tho some of my reasonings for him is also him defending vayne, so cant say that for certain. I would have read more into rayne, I really did not like how he handled the plut thing, but when I read his filter I did not really find anything more. And if nothing of those panned out I would prolly vote for LSB. But now we're getting way further than I can predict


Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
sidesprang
Profile Joined January 2009
Norway1033 Posts
December 14 2013 13:27 GMT
#2031
On December 14 2013 22:20 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Btw all the votes on Vayne are lazy as fuck.


You think a LSB vote is less lazy ?
Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
sidesprang
Profile Joined January 2009
Norway1033 Posts
December 14 2013 13:41 GMT
#2036
My reasons for voting on Vayne

D1: He does nothing, tunnelvisions on slam, the easiest safest target to go on in the start. Just a policy lynch, if it goes through it dont tell us anything about Vayne regardless of how it flips.

N1: Tells us day 2 is when the real game will start.

D2: Does nothing despite the real game having started, goes on the easiest safest target to go on again LSB. Dont provide any insight. Is more disruptive than helpfull to the town.

That is why I wanna lynch Vayne. He is like an Day 1 Alakaslam just without speaking in code.

The fact that If we lynch him we can learn from his flip, is just a bonus. If you read my filter and put the pieces togheter you could have seen this. But I guess I also could have put this case togheter when making the vote. Did not really take me that long
Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
sidesprang
Profile Joined January 2009
Norway1033 Posts
December 14 2013 22:59 GMT
#2327
GJ with the scum guys.

I made this to try to see if it was possible to find some scummy / nonscummy votes, seeing as how it went kinda fast I would not be suprised if some scum player panicked a bit.

Voting patter last hour

The votes closed 22:00 my time, and I only bothered doing it for 1h back.

Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
sidesprang
Profile Joined January 2009
Norway1033 Posts
December 14 2013 23:04 GMT
#2328
Only conclusion atm that i feel good about is that

IF vayne = town -> artanis = town.

Alakaslam deffo seem a bit wierd with how much he changed his vote and that late vote off from purp, but you can also see at one point he gave purple the lead. So it's a bit confusing why he would do that as scum.



Oh and BTW, Please feel free to double check it. Tho the count I have in the sheet do seem to make up to the same as the mods counted.
Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
sidesprang
Profile Joined January 2009
Norway1033 Posts
December 15 2013 21:15 GMT
#2527
##Vote: VayneAuthority

Man was sure we would lose 2 out of rayn, plut or blazing. This is pretty good.
Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
sidesprang
Profile Joined January 2009
Norway1033 Posts
December 15 2013 21:16 GMT
#2528
fuck forgot bold again

##Vote: VayneAuthority
Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
sidesprang
Profile Joined January 2009
Norway1033 Posts
December 15 2013 21:19 GMT
#2530
no, but did you not think the same ?
Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
sidesprang
Profile Joined January 2009
Norway1033 Posts
December 15 2013 21:34 GMT
#2534
On December 16 2013 06:21 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I was kinda hoping you would contribute something?
You did the vote stuff on N1 start and gave some weak ass analysis and dropped off the earth for the rest of the phase just to appear on D3 start. Do you have anything constructive to say?



If you expect long analysis and stuff from me then you will prolly be dissapointed. I'm not that guy, and i'm not on that level either. I tell what I see, my two biggest scumreads was Vayne and Purple, purple is now confirmed scum and Vayne is looking really bad aswell.


About the voting thing I made it because I thought there might be something interesting there. But I was kinda dissapointed when I was done cause I did not really find much, would you rather I keep it secret cause I did not find anything. I still think it's better to share, mb some other guys can find something (or just save time trying to count the votes themselves).

The only real point apart from the obvious stuff (you / plut and mb artanis coming out more town) is that I think alakaslam is more likely to be town aswell. I dont think a mafia would have voted that way, he had his vote on xigxag which he could have easily kept there or even pushed for LSB which might had stopped the purp train from even starting.
Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
sidesprang
Profile Joined January 2009
Norway1033 Posts
December 15 2013 21:41 GMT
#2537
On December 16 2013 06:39 Blazinghand wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 16 2013 06:34 sidesprang wrote:
On December 16 2013 06:21 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I was kinda hoping you would contribute something?
You did the vote stuff on N1 start and gave some weak ass analysis and dropped off the earth for the rest of the phase just to appear on D3 start. Do you have anything constructive to say?



If you expect long analysis and stuff from me then you will prolly be dissapointed. I'm not that guy, and i'm not on that level either. I tell what I see, my two biggest scumreads was Vayne and Purple, purple is now confirmed scum and Vayne is looking really bad aswell.


About the voting thing I made it because I thought there might be something interesting there. But I was kinda dissapointed when I was done cause I did not really find much, would you rather I keep it secret cause I did not find anything. I still think it's better to share, mb some other guys can find something (or just save time trying to count the votes themselves).

The only real point apart from the obvious stuff (you / plut and mb artanis coming out more town) is that I think alakaslam is more likely to be town aswell. I dont think a mafia would have voted that way, he had his vote on xigxag which he could have easily kept there or even pushed for LSB which might had stopped the purp train from even starting.


sorry on phone plz link to where purp is conf scum ty


He died and he flipped as mafia :O
Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
sidesprang
Profile Joined January 2009
Norway1033 Posts
December 16 2013 11:18 GMT
#2594
Lol, did not expect to wake up to this. I need to take a new look at people before I cast my vote now. I actually had xata or kush as my two most likely SK reads, and with kush dead I can maybe get on board with Xata. Tho I do think hunting for SK is more risky than hunting for scum. Of course as you pointed out more rewarding.

The only thing that imidiatly strikes my mind when finding out that Vayne was town is that now Artanis is looking towny because of his vote (switching from vayne -> purple as the second guy with 9 minutes left), which I just dont think he would do as scum.
Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
sidesprang
Profile Joined January 2009
Norway1033 Posts
December 16 2013 16:54 GMT
#2602
Why is xata town? I dont really understand it from the posts you linked.

And if you are insinuating that i'm new, then you are correct. I am quite new!
Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
sidesprang
Profile Joined January 2009
Norway1033 Posts
December 16 2013 18:17 GMT
#2611
I agree its annoying. Tho I do feel we are a bit to far into the game to just go after someone cause they are inactive. Like coag is no better, and we deffo cant spend 2 days getting rid of them both.

That being said I might get behind a xigxag lynch, I did not like his analysis on purple. Might be a bit biased now that I know purple was scum, tho I got the feeling he was that before the flip and so did a lot of others.


ATM i'm thinking the best lynches are

Grack
Xata

then

Xigxag / coag, tho I really wish we had more information from those two.
Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
sidesprang
Profile Joined January 2009
Norway1033 Posts
December 16 2013 18:20 GMT
#2613
On December 17 2013 03:14 Xatalos wrote:
Right.. Don't you think that LSB has posted barely more than XigXag - and what LSB has posted has been way more suspicious?



Well, LSB atleast got purple correct, so he got that going for him. How he has acted outside of that I would agree is not very towny, he could have fought better for his cases and presented them better. I just find it hard to believe a mafia member would act that way, I also dont think an SK would be that reckless. I'm not trying to say he's town, I just dont really buy that he's scum either atm.
Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
sidesprang
Profile Joined January 2009
Norway1033 Posts
December 16 2013 18:50 GMT
#2621
You read coag's filter ?
Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
sidesprang
Profile Joined January 2009
Norway1033 Posts
December 17 2013 01:37 GMT
#2682
nah he just got banned

Link to post

I dont know how long the bans are for, trying to find now.
Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
sidesprang
Profile Joined January 2009
Norway1033 Posts
December 17 2013 01:48 GMT
#2687
Hmm, trying to find out how this will effect the town.

Going with worst case, Misslynch today and 2 town kills tonight.

then we are down to 8

4 town
3 mafia
1 SK

Which makes us having to lynch scum and not SK or lose I guess.

Then we can mb get into the next day with

2 town
2 mafia
1 sk

Which makes us having to lynch scum again and not sk or lose.

1 town
1 mafia
1 sk.

= lost.


Of course all this assumes perfect mafia / sk kills. But we are at potential lynch or lose if coag flips town I think.
Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
sidesprang
Profile Joined January 2009
Norway1033 Posts
December 17 2013 10:58 GMT
#2699
How can you still advocate for a policy lynch now. Did you not see my example, now that coag is town and killed we really need to hit correct. I will not rule out the chance of xigxag being scum but I really think the chances Xata is scum / SK is much much higher.

##vote Xatalos
Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
sidesprang
Profile Joined January 2009
Norway1033 Posts
December 17 2013 11:33 GMT
#2703
If i was legitimatly 50/50 on a guy right now, that seal might had won me over
Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
sidesprang
Profile Joined January 2009
Norway1033 Posts
December 17 2013 16:32 GMT
#2844
Grack gonna vote ?
Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 54m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 101
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 563
Larva 473
Leta 150
ZergMaN 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm232
League of Legends
JimRising 740
Other Games
summit1g8700
WinterStarcraft434
Mew2King84
ArmadaUGS50
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick877
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream171
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2300
League of Legends
• Rush1351
• Lourlo1077
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3h 54m
INu's Battles
5h 54m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
8h 54m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 54m
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 54m
Replay Cast
16h 54m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 3h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 4h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 9h
Replay Cast
1d 16h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.