• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:59
CEST 21:59
KST 04:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War325.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8381 users

PYP: League of Legends Mafia - Page 119

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 117 118 119 120 121 423 Next
jaybrundage
Profile Joined December 2009
United States3921 Posts
December 04 2013 02:13 GMT
#2361
ARGG I like Bum's epic christmas poem. So torn (
The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle.
jaybrundage
Profile Joined December 2009
United States3921 Posts
December 04 2013 02:13 GMT
#2362
Good lord i tried to make a crying face ;'(
The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle.
Mig
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
United States4714 Posts
December 04 2013 02:14 GMT
#2363
Also why is Kassadin scum?
Moderator
jaybrundage
Profile Joined December 2009
United States3921 Posts
December 04 2013 02:14 GMT
#2364
Talk to meh VE
The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
December 04 2013 02:14 GMT
#2365
On December 04 2013 11:10 bumatlarge wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2013 11:07 Mocsta wrote:
At least with Bum theres some glaring inconsistencies which I don't understand and he hasn't made an effort to enlighten us about either.


Please keep asking, I think it's important for me to answer at this point.

I dont have a specific question. This was my take on your filter
Its kinda hard to ask something directly because what happened, happened - if you get my drift.
On December 04 2013 01:07 Mocsta wrote:
*snip*
Bumatlarge
Show nested quote +
On November 30 2013 23:56 bumatlarge wrote:
On November 30 2013 23:18 raynpelikoneet wrote:
##Vote: Graves


good

##Unvote
##Vote: Urgot


I know you went afk Mocsta, but if you do come back, please unvote caitlyn and vote LITERALLY ANYTHING ELSE ;_;

I dont like this post. To me its overplayed enthusiasm. Realistically, did my vote make a difference to the outcome?
I just dont see the point to it other than filler.


- I noticed in his list of heroes split into town/defensive/mafia that my hero is not listed - even though it had KP.
This makes me wonder what else was left out? Prob a null point, with so many heroes its hard to keep on top of them all.

Show nested quote +
On December 02 2013 17:19 bumatlarge wrote:
Mocsta, vote jcarl. You already figured out he was scum before I did.
I don't like this. I never called jcarl scum. Ironically, I take issue with bum here for the blatant appeal to ego

- I'm struggling to follow his train of thought. Still very setup focused
- I dont get his stance on JL. Regarding the accidental vote, I'm not even sure if Bum is reading carefully if he points this out as non-accidental?
- His read on LSB (who I haven't read yet) looks like hes leaving himself a backdoor.
- I dont see where the Geript reads materialised?
- I do like how persistent he is with Jcarl, but I dont know why he is so *certain* of this read. It felt really odd in tone to be included with his SK retort.


Overall
I'm really struggling to understand his line of thought/reasoning.
Pick Phase he read like an excited kid gleefully figuring out which present to unwrap on Christmas Day.
Im not getting that anymore. I think its unusual for town to be so stubborn on a lynch candidate this early. I think he also backpedaled his read on LSB when pressured by Marv in a scummy/wishy-washy way.
I'm really disliking the continued setup speculation about powers and ultimates etc as well.

Yeah, I can definitely vote this slot.
##Vote: Bumatlarge
*snip*
Rean
Profile Joined February 2011
Netherlands808 Posts
December 04 2013 02:15 GMT
#2366
On December 04 2013 10:55 bumatlarge wrote:+ Show Spoiler +

Twas the day 1 before lynch, and all through the thread
The townies were wondering who should be dead.
Despite the clamor of bad townies to echo their message
Bum knew his word was the real visage
"J-Carl is the mafia, I have good proof here"
Most townies nodded, and bum was held dear!
But then LSB, with a smile quite wicked,
said, "but am I Tryn, which Bum supposedly pick-ed?"
The townies winced at the thought, but that wince slowly faded
"Yeah Bum, how come no Tryn?"; LSB was elated.
"Well this isn't fair, is this a cruel joke by the hosts?!"
Sniggered LeanSoggyBacon, "I just don't read your posts!"

As the votes piled high, Bum knew he could show 'em.
"I'll show them real good, with a quite epic poem!"
I think Jcarl is mafia, or my name is not Bum
But did you know geript, is rival, is probably scum?
Though I may fall short, because I have to use waffles,
to rhyme with my next guess, who is most likely Roffles
I feel really bad because kushm4asta seems new
but he can't think I'm townie, he's not smart enough to knew.

More, I know not, but I can give a few guesses
of people who might wear blood-stained red dresses.
Although, guaranteed, he is our DeeTee,
To claim is lackluster, you naughty VE
What kind of person needs to claim that to Lux he is wed?
An easy read, most likely, and I have a hunch he's red.
I'd watch out for this guy, his name isOatsmasta
He called me townie too quickly,like one other m4sta

There may be more that I'm missing, that I have simply not found.
But if you were not mentioned, then I think you are town!
I may not be the townie you needed right now,
but I'm the one you deserve, and this lynch I'll allow.
[image loading]


##Vote: Bumatlarge
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
December 04 2013 02:16 GMT
#2367
On December 04 2013 10:55 bumatlarge wrote:
Random unimportant poem
[/spoiler]
This is the fucking strangest thing I may have seen. I'm the motherfucker pushing the counterwagon to your fucking lynch. Coming from a "towny" I find this strange as fuck.
Mid or Feed
Profile Joined November 2013
Korea (South)250 Posts
December 04 2013 02:16 GMT
#2368
Vote count:

VisceraEyes (0): raynpelikoneet
geript (2): Oatsmaster, jcarlsoniv, Kenpachi
Meapak_Zipph (0): Mocsta
jcarlsoniv (0): bumatlarge, raynpelikoneet, sandroba, geript
gtrsrs (1): Kurumi, VisceraEyes
Kurumi (0): Koshi, kushm4sta
bumatlarge (13): LSB, sandroba, marvellosity, Mig, geript, ticklishmusic, raynpelikoneet, Koshi, Onegu, Coagulation, VisceraEyes, JonnyLaw, Roffles, jaybrundage, supersoft
kushm4sta (0): OdinOfPergo
LSB (4): Risen, OdinOfPergo, Oatsmaster, Meapak_Zipph, bumatlarge, gtrsrs
Mocsta (0): LSB
JonnyLaw (1): kushm4sta, Risen, Mocsta, gtrsrs, sandroba
Oatsmaster (0): geript
ticklishmusic (0): raynpelikoneet
jaybrundage (4): kushm4sta, geript, Mocsta, OdinOfPergo

Modkill zone (5): Rean, Roffles, StorrZerg, austinmcc, justanothertownie

bumatlarge is currently set to be lynched.
Voting thread is here. Please make sure all of your votes go in there, they don't count otherwise. Voting is mandatory.

Day 1 ends in
Me mid or AFK nubs nubs nubs
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
December 04 2013 02:17 GMT
#2369
On December 04 2013 11:07 Mocsta wrote:
Between Bum/Jay: I like both as a lynch.

This is right where I'm at right now.
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
December 04 2013 02:18 GMT
#2370
On December 04 2013 11:09 VisceraEyes wrote:
What does Risen have to do with the rest of town's propensity to pick roles that give them information about who is scum vs town in a direct, mod confirmed fashion?


Because he openly said he was not going to pick lux after I told him he should.
1) No one else claimed they wouldn't follow my list in that fashion, even JonnyLaw at least gave a good reason as to why he wasn't taking tryndamere
2) Again, if someone had claimed they would take Lux before the draft ended, I probably would have let it slide. You went and claimed it after the draft ended. The absolute worst time to do so. I would never have said anything if you didn't, and I'm sure the other person who tried to pick Lux would have done the same as I did.

You've either disappointed me with choosing to make that play as a townie, or you did something I probably would have down as scum. I'm undecided because you are silly sometimes
Together but separate, like oatmeal
OdinOfPergo
Profile Joined December 2011
United States840 Posts
December 04 2013 02:18 GMT
#2371
Also I'm going to agree with Mig. A town Kassadin has very little reason to claim yet. He can't add anything per his powers yet. So the only thing him claiming now would be to put a big ol' target on his back saying "Hey scum you should shoot me tonight since I have a really good chance of foiling your night action plans if you don't" This is assuming that Kass is in the hands of a town player who can make decent reads on scum. Given Kass powers, I have no doubt he is in the game.
The only question around him if he is town/scum.
And neither would claim right now.
Town for reasons I just stated,
Scum because why would scum out this role and let the town have control over it?
Ik weet niet wie ik denk dat ik ben. Ik weet niet wie ik zogenaamd in gesprek met. je niet hier, niemand is. Ik ben hier niet, niets is.
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
December 04 2013 02:19 GMT
#2372
On December 04 2013 11:13 Mig wrote:
I have a hard time believing your reasoning bum. This is your first game in over a year and it is a pyp. You would really risk being vanilla just to make sure the town gets Lux? Somebody was going to pick lux and if we believed everyone then like 4 people tried to. And I mean it seems obvious people weren't going to follow your plan so why wouldn't you expect any of the people ahead of you to pick it.





Don't worry about it Mig. Just know it's true when I flip.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
December 04 2013 02:19 GMT
#2373
I really have to go now and I think it is bum right now. You had so much time to defend yourself dude...
Reasoning is mainly between these posts and bums unwillingness to defend himself.
On December 04 2013 00:07 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2013 00:01 geript wrote:
On December 03 2013 23:58 marvellosity wrote:
I don't even know what jat's issue is so I'm just going to ignore it. I explained myself and jat just repeated what he already said. It can wait anyways.

Mind explaining the Bum thing to me. You know so I can actually understand wtf you're saying.

Well you should simply read sandroba's posts rather than mine, to be honest.

1.Called jcarl mafia then used that as an excuse not to do anything else
2.Danced around calling LSB mafia without ever calling LSB mafia (only to do so later) + random bullshit about LSB being Village Idiot
3.Strange justification for JonnyLaw read

Also personally
4.I believe sandroba is town and he feels strongly about this, and I can understand it.

Personally I like 2. the best.

On December 04 2013 01:21 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2013 01:16 bumatlarge wrote:
Yeah go figure. This is what I get for not playing for a year. I don't know half these people.

I'm curious why you haven't tried to interact with your main scumread (jcarl) at all, given for example you've both been in the thread for the last couple hours.

Flicking through one of your earlier games, I noted that you stated that you relied on interactions with other players, and that's conspicuously absent regarding your read on jcarl.

Show nested quote +
On December 01 2011 04:02 bumatlarge wrote:
I think it's a bit rash to insult my play when I have never played with most of the scum team (coagulations not included). I rely pretty heavily on interactions in mafia games, and interacting with Palmar or WBG is like trying to kiss a furnace. I think you two need to lighten up. You can catch scum without spraying mace at everyone who tries to approach you.

##Vote: bumatlarge
Jay would be ok too but I don't know if we get enough votes for him to be lynched and he is so blatantly scummy that I get doubts somehow.
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
December 04 2013 02:20 GMT
#2374
I did so because I was third pick Bum what did you expect me to do? The top picks are like almost guaranteed to get champs so it's not like I wasn't already a target for scum.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
December 04 2013 02:22 GMT
#2375
On December 04 2013 10:51 supersoft wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2013 10:45 Oatsmaster wrote:
SS what is this wishy washy shit. Why arent you pushing a lynch?


mind your own business. what are you pushing? Why are you even in this game?

loooooooooool read pls.
Answer the question. Why are you so abrasive?
No gg, No skill.
LSB
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5171 Posts
December 04 2013 02:22 GMT
#2376
Hahaha great poem Bum, though I'm a little confused by how you expect there to be 6 mafia and 3 sks in this setup
Once is an accident. Twice is coincidence. Three times is an enemy action. Bus Driver can never target themselves I'm sorry
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
December 04 2013 02:23 GMT
#2377
Kassadin is a selective Roleblocker, aside from Viktor, it's the strongest role for both sides. If it is in town's hands and he doesn't claim, it's good for town obviously, but we shouldn't have ignored BC and my sentiments that certain roles need to be known and on whom.

If scum has kassadin, thats basically a dead blue power for town 100% of the time. If town has kassadin and I rolecheck that person, I'm going to claim or him and try to lynch him in a vacuum.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
ticklishmusic
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States15977 Posts
December 04 2013 02:24 GMT
#2378
I also like Sandroba (not least of all for getting Rayn off my dick) and am considering sheeping him because I have a final on Thursday.

Buuuuut I really liked bum's poem which, well, honestly doesn't say much except PLZ I DON'T WANT TO DIE. I would also expect a more vigorous defense from him.

Overall though I'm a little annoyed at how disorganized picking was though. :/
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
December 04 2013 02:24 GMT
#2379
I don't understand scumjay going "HAHA I GOTS TO KEEP ME EYE ON YOU, SCUMMY MARV" a bunch for no real reason. mafiajay is going to...do nothing, admit to doing nothing, unabashedly flout that he's doing nothing, and spend his only real effort of the day just saying that marv is scum or might be scum or was scum this other time? I love playing the "marv was scum this other time" game, but ... it's a side event, not a main feature. I don't see a scum player being so keyed in on that and so willing to flaunt his do-nothingness.

I don't think bum is mafia. That post of his on VTs too town.

I'd love to lynch rean. Rean's BttB filter has ... real posts in it. Thoughts, reads - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=435582&user=Rean

His filter this game does not have real posts. There are also...strange things:
On December 01 2013 05:42 Rean wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 01 2013 05:25 geript wrote:
@Rayn. Graves is a bad ban choice. Scum banning cops will be irrelevant of whether Graves will be available. At best, Graves is a role which a low draft scum may pick up because town are highly unlikely to take it. That's not worth a ban. Banning a powerful KP ability to deny it from scum is better.


If we don't ban Graves all investigations might aswell be useless because they could just be framed.
KP roles are not good in the hands of scum either but there's more important bans to be made (Graves/Yorick)
(Put aside that this post is made while he wants graves to get banned, but has his vote on yorick, who is DEFINITELY GONNA GET BANNED. But he doesn't move a vote off yorick to try and get graves, the guy he's saying should be banned, definitely banned)

Says
On December 04 2013 06:39 Rean wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2013 06:19 Mig wrote:
Rean looks pretty terrible. Comes in 4 minutes after marv calls him out to respond, so seems to be actively reading the thread but posts nothing at all besides yelling at Roffles for being mean.

Rean what do you think about the current lynch candidates? Who do you plan on voting for?

Also where is supersoft. I would have expected him to be around by now and commenting on current events. His only case this game has been against LSB who he called scum but then he proceeded to say he isn't sure if he should be lynched today in the same post? He also said he was going to go do some meta research on him, did you ever do any of that super?


I'm not actively reading the thread, just happened to be around at the time. And it really annoyed me that apparently it's okay to tell others to kill themselves over a fucking game.
ATM I don't have any opinions on anyone, didn't really read that much of the thread. Prolly gonna find someone that looks town enough and go full sheep.
but hasn't said anything about ANYONE townie or scummy, despite his game plan being to find a townie and sheep em.


There's just no interaction from today to go off of, despite him saying his goal is to find a townie. I was super duper inactive for the banning stuff, have not read, but out of filters I've seen, his banning phase looks...very funky. It's not just a lack of planning, it's the fact that he says KP roles are bad for mafia and the fact that he really wants graves banned, instead of someone (i dunno who else was up for discussion), and as best I can tell he keeps his vote on Yorick the whole time, who is 100% getting banned, and never bothers to back up his ban graves ban graves schtick with a vote to help ban graves, that could easily be spared off the yorick ban.



MZ in another post.

Fe fi fo fum.
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
December 04 2013 02:25 GMT
#2380
On December 04 2013 11:22 LSB wrote:
Hahaha great poem Bum, though I'm a little confused by how you expect there to be 6 mafia and 3 sks in this setup


Sorry, the other bolded people were slight scum reads, not third party. BE HAPPY YOUR AMONG THOSE.

You tryndamer-taking-mother-fucker. Everything would be fine and dandy if you choose anything else.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
Prev 1 117 118 119 120 121 423 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 2m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 565
ProTech176
UpATreeSC 89
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16083
Calm 3027
Mini 316
Mind 84
910 69
soO 48
Dota 2
Gorgc6185
canceldota66
monkeys_forever57
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4074
Other Games
fl0m1721
FrodaN890
Beastyqt586
olofmeister535
Liquid`Hasu274
Livibee189
C9.Mang0161
IndyStarCraft 138
ZombieGrub69
QueenE65
Organizations
StarCraft 2
angryscii 1
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 44
• FirePhoenix16
• Michael_bg 3
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota2902
• WagamamaTV396
Other Games
• imaqtpie892
• Shiphtur709
• Scarra557
• tFFMrPink 13
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 2m
Big Brain Bouts
14h 2m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
21h 2m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
23h 2m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 14h
Patches Events
1d 19h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.