• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:13
CEST 10:13
KST 17:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9022 users

Back To The Basics Mini Mafia - Page 26

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 24 25 26 27 Next All
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=437262
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
December 02 2013 03:05 GMT
#2677
and slam/sciberbia still arent here.

Celebrating the win i see.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
December 02 2013 03:13 GMT
#2680
On December 02 2013 12:11 Bereft wrote:
man, this game sure degenerated quickly.

and to think i thought this game might finally reverse my 0% TL win rate.

G_G

Whats your read on me now.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
December 02 2013 03:17 GMT
#2682
On December 02 2013 12:15 cDgCorazon wrote:
GG scum. You guys played well but when Rayn and Onegu are both town, the hosts need to give us more mislynches or a killing role XD

Are you scum claiming or something?

Your reaction to dropping me as a read is not natural even with a Onegu flip. Im surprised you admit 50% is association based, because you werent doing this before.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
December 02 2013 03:20 GMT
#2684
It never worked if Onegu was scum either.. what you are saying doesnt make sense.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
December 02 2013 04:19 GMT
#2690
Here's a q.

Bereft the stuff you say scibs is in the same page... Did he comment first or plus 1???
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
December 02 2013 08:35 GMT
#2692
On December 02 2013 17:07 sciberbia wrote:
unghhh god why is this game so hard

sorry Onegu. gg

ugh sorry everyone. I'm really disappointed in my reads this game. But with any luck I'll be able to redeem myself. If we win from here it'll go down as one of the best comebacks ever. Cora if you are town don't get yourself modkilled. It isn't over yet (maybe). Fingers crossed.

*yawn*

Bereft, does this diatribe of nothingness mimic your mindset too?
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
December 03 2013 01:44 GMT
#2699
Should I claim?
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
December 03 2013 02:43 GMT
#2700
The wait is excruciating.

This will be so disappointing.

The simple solution is probably slam plus scib

The win in style is prob cora plus scib. But frankly I would be shocked if this was true.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
December 03 2013 03:08 GMT
#2714
I really didn't want to lynch onegu, but he kept biting at me.

Grrrr. I feel this game could have been won if it wasn't majority lynch

I felt that mechanic made this game more about postulating and campaigning.
In hindsight we probably should have no lynched, but then you risk being counter lynched.

Sigh
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
December 03 2013 03:09 GMT
#2715
Another thing that annoyed me was the thread dying both times I wasn't here.

Like I was the only person that filter dived holyflare and chezinu.

This is unacceptable.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
December 03 2013 03:12 GMT
#2720
Yep.

I should have played better. Too transparent.

Anyways , keen for feedback pls.

I think I had a good start and then coukdnt recover after the rayn episode.
Plus my constant doubt if sciberbia made me appear wishy washy to everyone.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
December 03 2013 03:15 GMT
#2725
On December 03 2013 12:11 cDgCorazon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 03 2013 12:07 VisceraEyes wrote:
It's hard to analyze this game without mentioning Cora bullying the entilywn all game long while simultaneously playing the victim. It made the game hard to watch, I can only imagine how hard it must have been to play. Cora, I think you're a fine person, but you really need to consider whether an argumentative game like Mafia is for you.

My town play should be defined from the end of my outburst on D2 to the end of D2.

D1 I played like shit because of my bad start
Beginning of D2 I got antagonized to death for no reason
After JJD lynch I was too mad to play because this town made 2 dumb lynches in a row and didn't listen to me
Mocsta case was pretty bad but I couldn't see Slam being scum

But for those 12 or so hours I played really well.

I mean this constructively.

Playing well for 12hrs.. means terrible for 100hrs.

Mafia is a team game. Individual performances generally do not win games.

The quicker you can admit that fake claim was terrible, the quicker you can improve.

Further you fake claimed to lynch a townie and green check a scum... There is no way this is a good play..ever
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
December 03 2013 03:19 GMT
#2730
On December 03 2013 12:17 raynpelikoneet wrote:
haha, i'm nearly as bad as Mocsta was in LXII! ^^

Nah
Corazon dethroned me I reckon or hope haha

Sigh.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
December 03 2013 04:35 GMT
#2776
Having read the ObsQT + ScumQT I have gone from bittersweet to pissed off about this game.

ohh well.

I disagree with Rayn on so many levels about this game and his comments in the ObsQT but in the end, hes entitled to his opinion and i won't be changing that any time soon. Will just have to agree to disagree.

Unfortunately I don't know what to do in situations like Onegu/Rayn as town.
Both guys I fluctuated in my reads and tried to offer them an olive branch, and they spit it back.
I suppose I am making an emotional connection by getting agitated by that gesture that I pursue them for lynch.
I also suppose the natural reaction is for scum to get off the noose, so the tell is more indicative of town.
I *really* didnt want to lynch Onegu that cycle, but he didnt want to join me with Sciberbia.
I *really* did want to lynch Rayn.
When he martryed; I had a 80/20 read on him (which he keeps harping on about)
after the mislynch comment (where I was genuinely considering him to be town) I thought he was town, and turned into a 100% policy lynch.
Rayns problem is that he assumes peoples comments are stagnant.. i.e. once its said, its said... maybe for him his process of thought flows like that.. but when I am town, I constantly re-evaluate information.



The one thign that really pissed me off this game was discussion about town atmosphere Day1.

The first half was perfect... we had all 3 scum down.
Thrawn nailed LoneMeow
I was all over Sciberbia
and Aqua started Rean
---> This was also evident in the ScumQT.

In one fell swoop this all disappeared. I am not going to blame individuals here because its pointless. Moreso, that was really frustrating to see. What started as a perfect game then denigrated to an abysmal mess culminating in a series of fake-claims that were intentionally planned off emotion not logic.




Quick notes on people to meet the brief of playing this game:
Rean - Managed to walk a fine line between new town / scummy during early game.
I do think if you didn't replace you would have been caught though. Hard to give suggestions with such low content.

thrawn2112 - Great early start. Started to fade out towards the end. I don't have any suggestions on what you could do to improve as you were direct with thoughts, but also listened to others with consideration.

JJD - You played like a quintessential 'worker' townie. I think the sudden drop in activity was your down fall. I don't really know what more you could have done other than be more present. I thought you played well in establishing your townieness.

Corazon - Nothing I can say here. Yes, you made it clear you were town vs scum and I suppose thats it. Your case on me was terrible, and it should not have taken Onegu being lynched to come to that realisation.

Rayn - I dunno what happened. You started off well and went off the rails. My thoughts at the time were pretty clear, I explained I couldn't follow how you went from Rean is scum to Rean is town. Further, when I voiced these concerns you refused to join me in conversation. I dont care what happened afterwards. As town, being right is not even 10% of winning a game. You have to find a lynch, and campaign the lynch and achieve buy-in. You did everything in your power to lose credibiliity and that is FACT.
Honestly if this game wasnt majority lynch, i would have let you live. But as I stated clearly in my filter (which you choose to ignore) I wanted you dead because I felt you would cause town to never consolidate. Whether that is right or wrong, can be discused now in post-game.

Aquanim - Really shaky start. Felt distant and emotionally disconnected - which as per the obsqt you were trying to achieve. Later on became more involved and obviously became town. I think if I hadn't played with you in newbies you would have been a strong town read for the majority of the game. Because I had played with you in the newbies, I had expectations of you trying to not necessarily lead the town; but at least be an independent voicing issues -- you did gravitate towards this eventually. I think its hard in your case: you are more an analyser so need content; but may not necessarily be a generator (like rayn / myself). But as town you want to be present to indicate you are keen. Hence you are present but not doing much -- which summates your early Day1 which you got called out scummy for.
Perhaps the best course of action is to be patient and wait for more content??

Onegu - I dunno what to say here either. I kept thinking you were town and everytime I gave you a chance you would throw it back at me. This is probably my fault more than yours because I should have realised that a tunneled townie is completely capable of this behaviour. I guess where I waivered was before your mislynch, where you were starting to not consider me as scum anymore.. and then once corazon posted his case, i became scum again. Again, my fault as that is plausible behaviuor for a tunneled town.. sigh

Holyflare - Good work buying time and good fake claim. It was obvious you were scum but I had the track record where I couldnt push for that lynch. Played the blazinghand role to a tee.

Sciberbia - Look you played well. Biggest thing I could say is to lift up activity end game as that really sold you as scum. I had lost too much credibility by that stage to push you though. Having said that, Corazons fake claim gave you too much free credibility as everyone (including from myself). I really think you gave yourself away early game with the attack on corazon though. Managed to settle in well-ish after though.

jampidampi - Nothing to say. I really thought my case on him was good. sigh

Chezinu - Did a great job of baiting a blue snipe. I dunno how I would rank him if he wasn't shot. I dont think I coudl walk away from not lynching him.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
December 03 2013 04:38 GMT
#2778
On December 03 2013 13:28 yamato77 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 03 2013 13:26 Aquanim wrote:
ALL? bold words

Believe me, everyone could have played better than they did D1. In a majority lynch, every townie on the wagon is responsible for the mislynch. And even the ones not on the wagon, it's their responsibility to both argue down the townie wagon and propose a viable alternative lynch and make it convincing. Everyone.
But the mislynch was intentional.

Either way, Im curious to hear what you say after the read.

I would love some pointers on how to not come across as "changing mind" all the time; whilst, trying to move the thread forward with new ideas/content.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
December 03 2013 04:47 GMT
#2781
On December 03 2013 13:41 Bereft wrote:
moc, why aren't i on your list?

I forgot haha

Bereft - You became super town from Day2 to me because you acted as a voice of reason. Thats really hard to pull off as scum. I wasn't bothered that you thought I was scum; because you indicated you would still listen - which is really imporant for town.

As an aside, this becomes a problem for Onegu because unlike him. you actually followed your suspicion on me with a vote.

I don't blame you for holding onto your town read on Sciberbia.. but i do blame you for not neglecting what I said about Sciberbia.
Specifically, are you two in sync because he said things first.. or because he +1'd you.

I think considering the amount of activity you could muster, you played very well... HOWEVER, you needed more due to the game circumstances.

You were a universal town read and a "VET" so towards end game, was the only person that could push consolidation..but you were never present. This became a major issue when i was gone for 2 days. You had to carry the torch and didn't/couldn't.

I'm telling you this because I don't know if you realised the responsiblity you had based on the claims/thread sentiment.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
December 03 2013 05:12 GMT
#2787
Yeah. Often it makes me skill stupid.

Recently, scummy.

Sigh.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
December 03 2013 05:28 GMT
#2789
Yeah. I'm an asshole. Some people get away with it, but not me.

But I do agree with the above.

It's really hard not to post in those moments but yes . The best solution is probably to hold off pressing that post button and re read in 5min time.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
December 03 2013 05:46 GMT
#2793
Yeah that's a good point actually.

I'm very guilty of being too excited to make a "content" and update later.

Definitely need to eliminate that in general.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
December 03 2013 06:09 GMT
#2796
He might have been echoing but what's important is if you are always first. Then he is a plus 1.

I knew thrawn was town because at different times either of us had the same thought first and/or posted at the same time.

Full credit to scib for having a grasp of thread sentiment.


My plan was once u admitted he was +1 u.. I would show u how he plus 1d me to have no input.
But we never got that far
Prev 1 24 25 26 27 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 48m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 471
Hyuk 309
910 147
Dewaltoss 67
Yoon 39
Killer 37
ZergMaN 32
Bale 26
NotJumperer 23
yabsab 17
[ Show more ]
Noble 7
Dota 2
XcaliburYe127
League of Legends
JimRising 491
Counter-Strike
olofmeister647
ceh9530
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1770
Khaldor309
Other Games
singsing837
Happy454
WinterStarcraft402
Sick231
Livibee190
Mew2King175
ArmadaUGS56
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick696
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream296
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH95
• LUISG 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2314
League of Legends
• Stunt525
• Jankos258
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
2h 48m
Stellar Fest
4h 48m
The PondCast
1d 1h
OSC
1d 4h
Stellar Fest
1d 4h
OSC
1d 15h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.