• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:43
CEST 07:43
KST 14:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)27Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7754 users

"##" Mafia - Page 71

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 69 70 71 72 73 245 Next
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
October 29 2013 18:28 GMT
#1401
Wave and Seuss's unwillingness to kill each other is totally baffling to me.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
October 29 2013 18:28 GMT
#1402
On October 30 2013 03:26 strongandbig wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2013 02:22 raynpelikoneet wrote:
StrongandBig where the hell are you and why did you say exactly what i did about Pandain after you had read my comment about him and his play this game???


I'm in class you assdouche. Go take a chill pull. Preferably a suppository.

I assume you're referring to this post:

Show nested quote +
On October 29 2013 23:32 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Koshi:

This is what Pandain's town play looks like:
Q/A, Q/A, Q/A, Q/A, summarization of his reads, Q/A, Q/A, Q/A, Q/A, summarization, maybe some sort of a case, repeat.

This is what Pandain's scum play looks like:
stuff, some weak reads, stuff, stuff, a case on someone, stuff, some defences against thread sentiment (usually on townies), soft buss, stuff, stuff, stuff, defence.. repeat from after the "a case on someone".

At some point that falls apart because he busses so much. When Pandain busses he does not really intend to lynch his scumbuddies. He does also defend a lot of people just for the sake of defending. You catch him when he has bussed someone and when they are up for a lynch he suddenly doesn't want to lynch them anymore (see Thug life and Palmar).


This actually isn't the same as what I said, what I'm talking about is the tone of the cases and summaries in his longer posts whereas i read your post as being about whether or not hes asking questions and whether hes mixing soft busses with "defenses against thread sentiment." I was pretty specific and so were you. I agree they are similar though.

Even if they were exactly the same, I would have posted my thing anyway because I want people to know what my thought process and analysis were. When I was making up my mind about pandain I did it without thinking about what you or other people said about him, I was looking at the evidence and making my own read.

Are you claiming that you think I just took your conclusion and then spent twenty minutes making it more specific, reading old games and filters and getting the evidence for it that you didn't, because that's easier than making up some shit? Or is it maybe more likely that I happened to come to a similar analysis as you?

No i don't. I would have expected you to say something about my post or me when you made a post quite similar.
Is there a reason you didn't?
table for two on a tv tray
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
October 29 2013 18:31 GMT
#1403
On October 30 2013 03:22 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2013 03:21 Seuss wrote:
On October 30 2013 03:10 raynpelikoneet wrote:
If i correctly read what Seuss is saying it makes sense.
Seuss do you think one of Wave and Pandain is scum now?


Probably. It would be weird to give all the vote powers to town. That would slant things against the mafia pretty hard.

Then again, why are you voting for Sentinel?


Well I happen to have put a whole lot of effort into making a case against him.

After Wave, myself, and Pandain all explicitly revealed it became evident that Wave fake-claiming wasn't likely, and so long as we had an alternative target we could test everyone's powers without needed to lynch voting power that may become critical as the game goes on. There was also a mess of confusion once Wave started martyring himself. If my idea also got everything on track so town wasn't running around like crazy, all the better.

I'll admit there's a chance we lose a useful power with Sentinel as well, but at the moment I think he looks scummier than Wave.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
October 29 2013 18:33 GMT
#1404
On October 30 2013 03:28 marvellosity wrote:
Wave and Seuss's unwillingness to kill each other is totally baffling to me.


He's afraid I won't ever carry him in League of Legends again.

More seriously, in terms of semi-independent arguments I can make against him versus Sentinel I think I've got a better case against Sentinel, but no one's really responded to it yet.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Promethelax
Profile Joined February 2012
Canada7089 Posts
October 29 2013 18:34 GMT
#1405
so, sorry, to clarify Suess: you believe that we shouldn't lynch someone because they have a power useful for town and yet you believe that that person may be, and in fact probably is, scum? You've called wave scum and your whole plan is about proving the claimed powers while lynching sent but you haven't said why proving the powers matters at all. Can you explain to me what it is about those powers that needs to be confirmed?
TL Mafia. Love it. Play it. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 I find Kennigit really attractive. If anyone has a picture of him please feel free to PM it to me.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
October 29 2013 18:35 GMT
#1406
[QUOTE]On October 30 2013 01:47 WaveofShadow wrote:
[QUOTE]On October 30 2013 01:43 marvellosity wrote:
As far as Seuss, I REALLY don't like his play now. When i originally faked my role use on him i figured he'd come back with strong analysis and play like he did in his newbie and would prove himself a good choice for my power, but he has done basically the opposite: sheeping town sentiment, no reads, and no strong posts one way or another.
[/QUOTE]

Can anyone tell me why, when Wave apparently didn't have a clue who to lynch, this was not enough to vote on?
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
October 29 2013 18:36 GMT
#1407
Reposting:

On October 30 2013 01:47 WaveofShadow wrote:
As far as Seuss, I REALLY don't like his play now. When i originally faked my role use on him i figured he'd come back with strong analysis and play like he did in his newbie and would prove himself a good choice for my power, but he has done basically the opposite: sheeping town sentiment, no reads, and no strong posts one way or another.


Can anyone tell me why, when Wave apparently didn't have a clue who to lynch, this was not enough to vote on?
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
October 29 2013 18:37 GMT
#1408
On October 30 2013 03:33 Seuss wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2013 03:28 marvellosity wrote:
Wave and Seuss's unwillingness to kill each other is totally baffling to me.


He's afraid I won't ever carry him in League of Legends again.

More seriously, in terms of semi-independent arguments I can make against him versus Sentinel I think I've got a better case against Sentinel, but no one's really responded to it yet.


Calm your jimmies, I am in the process of responding to it just like I promised
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
October 29 2013 18:39 GMT
#1409
On October 30 2013 03:31 Seuss wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2013 03:22 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On October 30 2013 03:21 Seuss wrote:
On October 30 2013 03:10 raynpelikoneet wrote:
If i correctly read what Seuss is saying it makes sense.
Seuss do you think one of Wave and Pandain is scum now?


Probably. It would be weird to give all the vote powers to town. That would slant things against the mafia pretty hard.

Then again, why are you voting for Sentinel?


Well I happen to have put a whole lot of effort into making a case against him.

After Wave, myself, and Pandain all explicitly revealed it became evident that Wave fake-claiming wasn't likely, and so long as we had an alternative target we could test everyone's powers without needed to lynch voting power that may become critical as the game goes on. There was also a mess of confusion once Wave started martyring himself. If my idea also got everything on track so town wasn't running around like crazy, all the better.

I'll admit there's a chance we lose a useful power with Sentinel as well, but at the moment I think he looks scummier than Wave.

I think your case on Sentinel is fine and correct. But tbh i don't know if what you say makes him scum. Someone not trying to do much on D1 is not necessarily scummy, especially considering we are talking about Sentinel here, who is usually quite useless even as town.

However, WaveofShadow is not usually useless as town on D1. In addition to that, WoS has done things, but the things he has done are nowhere near what i would expect from town!WoS and he is not helping the town in any way or trying to find mafia.
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
October 29 2013 18:41 GMT
#1410
EBWOP:
On October 30 2013 03:33 Seuss wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2013 03:28 marvellosity wrote:
Wave and Seuss's unwillingness to kill each other is totally baffling to me.


He's afraid I won't ever carry him in League of Legends again.

More seriously, in terms of semi-independent arguments I can make against him versus Sentinel I think I've got a better case against Sentinel, but no one's really responded to it yet.

This is the post i was supposed to quote in my last reply.
table for two on a tv tray
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
October 29 2013 18:42 GMT
#1411
who cares, answer me, i need to go
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
October 29 2013 18:42 GMT
#1412
On October 30 2013 03:42 marvellosity wrote:
who cares, answer me, i need to go

me? what do i need to answer?
table for two on a tv tray
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
October 29 2013 18:43 GMT
#1413
i literally just made a post and i want answers. it's not hard
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
October 29 2013 18:43 GMT
#1414
not from you specifically, from anyone
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
October 29 2013 18:43 GMT
#1415
On October 30 2013 03:28 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2013 03:26 strongandbig wrote:
On October 30 2013 02:22 raynpelikoneet wrote:
StrongandBig where the hell are you and why did you say exactly what i did about Pandain after you had read my comment about him and his play this game???


I'm in class you assdouche. Go take a chill pull. Preferably a suppository.

I assume you're referring to this post:

On October 29 2013 23:32 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Koshi:

This is what Pandain's town play looks like:
Q/A, Q/A, Q/A, Q/A, summarization of his reads, Q/A, Q/A, Q/A, Q/A, summarization, maybe some sort of a case, repeat.

This is what Pandain's scum play looks like:
stuff, some weak reads, stuff, stuff, a case on someone, stuff, some defences against thread sentiment (usually on townies), soft buss, stuff, stuff, stuff, defence.. repeat from after the "a case on someone".

At some point that falls apart because he busses so much. When Pandain busses he does not really intend to lynch his scumbuddies. He does also defend a lot of people just for the sake of defending. You catch him when he has bussed someone and when they are up for a lynch he suddenly doesn't want to lynch them anymore (see Thug life and Palmar).


This actually isn't the same as what I said, what I'm talking about is the tone of the cases and summaries in his longer posts whereas i read your post as being about whether or not hes asking questions and whether hes mixing soft busses with "defenses against thread sentiment." I was pretty specific and so were you. I agree they are similar though.

Even if they were exactly the same, I would have posted my thing anyway because I want people to know what my thought process and analysis were. When I was making up my mind about pandain I did it without thinking about what you or other people said about him, I was looking at the evidence and making my own read.

Are you claiming that you think I just took your conclusion and then spent twenty minutes making it more specific, reading old games and filters and getting the evidence for it that you didn't, because that's easier than making up some shit? Or is it maybe more likely that I happened to come to a similar analysis as you?

No i don't. I would have expected you to say something about my post or me when you made a post quite similar.
Is there a reason you didn't?

I was writing out my thought process and giving evidence in that post, not evaluating the opinions of others. More importantly, I didn't take notes when I read through the thread, so picking through and finding what each person said would have been a waste of time and effort.
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
Promethelax
Profile Joined February 2012
Canada7089 Posts
October 29 2013 18:44 GMT
#1416
On October 30 2013 03:36 marvellosity wrote:
Reposting:

Show nested quote +
On October 30 2013 01:47 WaveofShadow wrote:
As far as Seuss, I REALLY don't like his play now. When i originally faked my role use on him i figured he'd come back with strong analysis and play like he did in his newbie and would prove himself a good choice for my power, but he has done basically the opposite: sheeping town sentiment, no reads, and no strong posts one way or another.


Can anyone tell me why, when Wave apparently didn't have a clue who to lynch, this was not enough to vote on?


no I cannot.
TL Mafia. Love it. Play it. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 I find Kennigit really attractive. If anyone has a picture of him please feel free to PM it to me.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
October 29 2013 18:44 GMT
#1417
On October 30 2013 03:36 marvellosity wrote:
Reposting:

Show nested quote +
On October 30 2013 01:47 WaveofShadow wrote:
As far as Seuss, I REALLY don't like his play now. When i originally faked my role use on him i figured he'd come back with strong analysis and play like he did in his newbie and would prove himself a good choice for my power, but he has done basically the opposite: sheeping town sentiment, no reads, and no strong posts one way or another.


Can anyone tell me why, when Wave apparently didn't have a clue who to lynch, this was not enough to vote on?

Because scum.
table for two on a tv tray
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
October 29 2013 18:44 GMT
#1418
On October 30 2013 03:34 Promethelax wrote:
so, sorry, to clarify Suess: you believe that we shouldn't lynch someone because they have a power useful for town and yet you believe that that person may be, and in fact probably is, scum? You've called wave scum and your whole plan is about proving the claimed powers while lynching sent but you haven't said why proving the powers matters at all. Can you explain to me what it is about those powers that needs to be confirmed?


I don't think it's absolutely necessary to verify the voting powers, but at the time the vote train was solidly on Wave and I thought other possibilities were being overlooked. You specifically have been on my case for lacking independent thought, so when I had a unique idea that seemed to have merit I went for it.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Promethelax
Profile Joined February 2012
Canada7089 Posts
October 29 2013 18:45 GMT
#1419
but if scum why not lynch other dude and not himself? Is Suess scum too?
TL Mafia. Love it. Play it. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 I find Kennigit really attractive. If anyone has a picture of him please feel free to PM it to me.
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
October 29 2013 18:45 GMT
#1420
@marv devils advocate - what if wave didnt want to lynch Seuss bc he has warm fuzzy feelings from coaching his noob game
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
Prev 1 69 70 71 72 73 245 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 17m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2021
Snow 172
910 42
Bale 29
Noble 17
ZergMaN 13
Icarus 7
sorry 1
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm182
Fuzer 23
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox720
C9.Mang0176
Mew2King39
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1193
WinterStarcraft623
Other Games
summit1g8229
JimRising 632
PiGStarcraft296
ArmadaUGS145
Sick132
Maynarde127
RuFF_SC288
Livibee70
ViBE56
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick587
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream166
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 32
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2231
League of Legends
• Lourlo1258
• Rush1136
• Stunt453
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
4h 17m
OSC
7h 17m
Stellar Fest
7h 17m
OSC
18h 17m
Stellar Fest
1d 7h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.