• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:00
CEST 06:00
KST 13:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9184 users

"##" Mafia - Page 5

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
October 31 2013 14:57 GMT
#2437
On October 31 2013 23:43 Koshi wrote:
Can you give me a top 3 SnB?


i can give you my current gut reads before i have to get back to my problem set. it's pretty messy, i feel like all my reads are mixed / "wishy washy" and people are going to yell at me for it (although I don't think faking a couple strong reads is particularly hard for scum).

- kush has played objectively scummy, although i'm kind of worried about the "too scummy to be scum" aspect of things like his #shunnanigans, but kush would probably do it as scum
- i'm worried about pandain despite my meta read of his long posts, he keeps posting things with reasoning that strikes me as pretty inane and my gut impression is that he's not updating his reads
- VA - i believe what i said when i nuked him but i also feel like scumVA wouldn't have put in the effort to rethink his read on me after the nuke and engage in a conversation about it

then i guess the next tier would be sentinel along with you and rayn, people who I think are pretty dangerous as scum and haven't really given me a particularly townie gut impression.

Also there's seuss, next time I get some thread time I'll look through your case on him and his filter in detail.
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
October 31 2013 23:14 GMT
#2566
Hahahahaha pandain

If you're gonna do a meta analysis you should try reading a town game where I was trying
Instead of one where I basically didnt play
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
October 31 2013 23:29 GMT
#2574
On November 01 2013 08:15 Pandain wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 01 2013 08:14 strongandbig wrote:
Hahahahaha pandain

If you're gonna do a meta analysis you should try reading a town game where I was trying
Instead of one where I basically didnt play


Which game should I look at?

Idk. On my phone. Basically any other town game. But srsly if you got the impression that I "care" less in this game than in noir that's silly, noir I was replaced in after I'd started another game and just didnt have enough time to give any shits.

Also if you think losing is motivating I think you have a poor grasp of sports psychology.

The rest of your case is pretty meh.. I'm not "posting like scum", I'm giving town my honest thoughts and opinions, you get what you get.

A few specifics:
- I felt confident in promethelax because I really liked his early attempts to engineer what I saw as a good thread atmosphere, I felt myself nodding to a lot of his points early. I tweaked later when I got more confident in Marv.

- I didn't want to lynch clarity yet on day 1 because he hadnt said whether he was just never going to play or whether he was just out for a cycle or two.

- sorry you don't like my reasoning on wos or vayne. Turns out I was wrong about wos, well have to see about vayne. But I also don't see how this kind of "weak" post makes me scum or fits your interpretation of my scum game being "more confident" or whatevs.

- I nuked cause I wanted to use my nuke on the scummiest non already nuked person around. I said that I would do this, then there were several hours to discuss, then I did it. Like I asked wave, what possible scum motivation is there for me to nuke vayne there?
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
October 31 2013 23:32 GMT
#2575
Aperture was a pretty good town game I think. Got shot by scum so that's good
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
November 01 2013 14:34 GMT
#2981
On November 01 2013 22:50 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 01 2013 22:49 Onegu wrote:
On November 01 2013 22:47 marvellosity wrote:
Onegu, I should be extremely obviously town to you, as my play is literally nothing like Dessert.

So Koshi's townread on me is not unfounded at all.



Ill be honest the main reason I doubt you is because the replacement thing.

I'm going to get mad about replacements as either alignment if it comes at a bullshit time.


This exchange sticks in my craw

Quoting it so its in my filter, I'll think about it later
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
November 01 2013 14:37 GMT
#2985
Onegu's koshi case is bad. It's a case that could come from scum or town though. , pointing out aspects of koshi's play, not connecting them to scum motivations and not providing context for why it makes koshi specifically scum.

"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
November 01 2013 14:41 GMT
#2991
The Seuss counterclaim is a thing though. If he's scum isn't it risky to do that? He would know wos flips town, then after that he has to counterpush his own "one of these is scum" argument or at best gets into a 1v1 with pandain.
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
November 01 2013 19:54 GMT
#3076
##Update Koshi
##vote onegu I guess my vote doesn't matter anyway
##Refudiate Oatsmaster
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
November 01 2013 19:55 GMT
#3077
##problemset ##sorryguys
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
November 01 2013 20:39 GMT
#3097
last minute voteswitch?


+ Show Spoiler +
lolno
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
November 02 2013 19:39 GMT
#3363
brief update yo

I can get behind a rayn lynch.

worried a little about prome because of how much townier he seemed d1 than d2 but that's probably because he just wasnt around much d3 also it's a good point about how seuss didnt yolo him.

since all the nukes were false, can't really read much into sentinel's role but he's playing decently

still think oats is probably town which makes me worried about koshi and prome, but koshi is either town or nextlevel scum because of the mega bus. however if all the in-thread powerup roles are town it'd be weird.

va might be scum but i have a much better gut feeling than i did when i nuked him

could still lynch kush i guess
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
November 03 2013 00:17 GMT
#3421
plz say why rayn
is it beacuse the scum team powers aren't strong enough in your opinion to match those?
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
November 04 2013 14:51 GMT
#3818
On November 04 2013 07:25 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 04 2013 07:23 HotCottonCandy wrote:
that is correct I am the same role that clarity was

Would be cool if SnB verifies this.

Yeah, twitter follower is the vt role this game that I have
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
November 04 2013 15:06 GMT
#3821
On November 04 2013 20:17 marvellosity wrote:
Basically strongandbig you need to ##Twerk me because I don't see rayn doing it.

##Twerk
##Update Koshi
##Refudiate Oatsmaster

"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
November 04 2013 15:15 GMT
#3825
As you may be able to tell based in my choices of retweet, I think oats is way townier than prome.

I'm down with a lynch on either of Rayn or prome. But I think rayn's balance rage seems super scummy. Only scum worry that town powers are too strong because townies don't know what powers scum have. Only scum have enough information to get mad.

So ##vote: raynpelikoneet for now, but if there's compelling reason to change I will.

Sidenote: I've decided that unless a greymist game or another round of Forumite's Bastard Mafia come up, this will be the last game I play in until the end of the semester. My give-a-shit reservoirs are depletedby homework, apparently. But after this semester, no more homework ever.
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
November 05 2013 15:21 GMT
#4170
Ok so hey guys

After the way I've been playing pretty sure if you decide to lynch me I'm not gonna be able to probe you wrong, especially with a problem set due tomorrow, another one due Friday, and my boss breathing down my neck about classes. So I'll just make a few points and then ignore it.

(1) if I'm scum, I'm definitely not the only scum left or I would have resigned. I would obviously have zero win chance, and I'm pretty sure I have conceded as scum in the past, although I can't remember a game right now (except the one where I was a hydra with Drazerk and he wouldn't let me concede. (Hydra mini mafia 2 extra nuke edition). I think there was another one but maybe not.

(2) when I've been around to play, people have apparently thought I was town. I persuaded wos and va, both of whom actually nuked me night 1, that they were incorrect.
Only pandain was still tunneling me, and does it really make sense to kill him for his correct reads on clearly the weakest members of the scum team rather than kill someone who was on to rayn or whoever the hypothetical fourth scum is? Marv is probably right, pandain was probably killed for being basically confirmed town and unlikely to be jailed or protected.

(3) if you guys think "not caring" or "apathy" is a scum tell from me at this point, you are wrong - I put way more effort into thug lyfe as scum than into noir as town, or even into golden sun as town. This game may be restoring my faith in TL towns a little bit but my recent streak has been finding town not very fun to play.
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
November 05 2013 15:32 GMT
#4173
As for who is scum. Here's the thing.
I kind of still think one of the charger roles is scum, and here's why.
Night 1, when rayn "accidentally" sent the wrong power to Marv. The whole time, he acted as though he always knew that the "-1" power was the "helpful" power and the "+1" power was the "harmful" power.

I really don't think this was the natural/intuitive assumption. The vast majority of the time, numbers in roles refer to the ability or strength of the role. How many KP you can block as medic or jailor; how many KP you deal as a vig; how many targets you can choose for any role, but especially as eg a list checker or other multiuse role. Like, if I was a scumteam with that power, I would be really worried about making a 1/2 KP vig into a real vig, powering up a list checker, or making a role that said "target 1 player to watch/detect/doctor/etc".

Plus, even if you only talk about costs, it could just as easily be worded as "your starting power level is X + the number of people who Twerk" or even as "you gain 1 power for each person who twerks."

The fact that rayn used the increase power on Marv and then immediately started walking it back makes means he knew it was the "harmful" power to Marv. The only way he could have known that is if there is a scum charge-up power role.
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
November 05 2013 15:36 GMT
#4176
On November 06 2013 00:22 marvellosity wrote:
You need to provide alternatives.

Dunno why you signed up if you couldn't make any effort bro :/

Being scum in thug life was really fun. I thought town would be more fun too. I just need to take a break for a month or so.

Like, it's not that I couldn't have put in more effort up to now, I only started having boss pressure this week. It's more that I didn't really feel like putting in more effort, specifically on day 2.

I put in a satisfactory (to me) amount of effort day 1 and night 1. I persuaded the people who wanted to lynch me that I am town. And then on day 2 we had Marv guarantee and it didnt seem necessary or worthwhile to put in more effort.
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
November 05 2013 15:38 GMT
#4178
On November 06 2013 00:34 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 06 2013 00:32 strongandbig wrote:
As for who is scum. Here's the thing.
I kind of still think one of the charger roles is scum, and here's why.
Night 1, when rayn "accidentally" sent the wrong power to Marv. The whole time, he acted as though he always knew that the "-1" power was the "helpful" power and the "+1" power was the "harmful" power.

I really don't think this was the natural/intuitive assumption. The vast majority of the time, numbers in roles refer to the ability or strength of the role. How many KP you can block as medic or jailor; how many KP you deal as a vig; how many targets you can choose for any role, but especially as eg a list checker or other multiuse role. Like, if I was a scumteam with that power, I would be really worried about making a 1/2 KP vig into a real vig, powering up a list checker, or making a role that said "target 1 player to watch/detect/doctor/etc".

Plus, even if you only talk about costs, it could just as easily be worded as "your starting power level is X + the number of people who Twerk" or even as "you gain 1 power for each person who twerks."

The fact that rayn used the increase power on Marv and then immediately started walking it back makes means he knew it was the "harmful" power to Marv. The only way he could have known that is if there is a scum charge-up power role.

It is explained in his role pm...

Nah, it just says something like "any numbers which cannot be written in another way"
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
November 05 2013 15:41 GMT
#4180
Happy post 16,0000 Marv!!
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 212
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 625
Larva 80
NaDa 56
Leta 51
TT1 19
Icarus 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm225
League of Legends
JimRising 690
Other Games
summit1g10174
WinterStarcraft424
Mew2King83
ViBE80
ArmadaUGS51
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1360
BasetradeTV235
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream150
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta38
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki24
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush1099
• Lourlo712
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h
INu's Battles
8h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
11h
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
15h
BSL Open Qualifier
15h
Replay Cast
19h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 7h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.