• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:43
CEST 21:43
KST 04:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8203 users

"##" Mafia - Page 21

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 23 245 Next
Promethelax
Profile Joined February 2012
Canada7089 Posts
October 28 2013 03:51 GMT
#401
Because sent's only goal this whole game has been to power himself up and hasn't cared about anyone's alignment at all or tried to do anything but get his power from the hosts?
TL Mafia. Love it. Play it. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 I find Kennigit really attractive. If anyone has a picture of him please feel free to PM it to me.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
October 28 2013 03:53 GMT
#402
On October 28 2013 12:51 Promethelax wrote:
Because sent's only goal this whole game has been to power himself up and hasn't cared about anyone's alignment at all or tried to do anything but get his power from the hosts?

Why do you think i wanted to power him up?
Now he has to do something with his power, prove that it's something that's actually useful on D1 (as he wanted it to power up and din't stop us), then he has to scumhunt.
table for two on a tv tray
Promethelax
Profile Joined February 2012
Canada7089 Posts
October 28 2013 03:55 GMT
#403
Seuss, no more role fishing without purpose. What do you think about oats and why?

Rayn, I'll take you at your word that your power usage isn't alignment indicative at the moment. I'm sure you can figure out what I was getting at. I still like pandain for the moment based on his try Harding. I do t have meta on him so I get to read him on his play, a nice early try hard adds so e green points for now.

Cotton candy, if you are so anxious to type why not say something useful. Early reads?
TL Mafia. Love it. Play it. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 I find Kennigit really attractive. If anyone has a picture of him please feel free to PM it to me.
HotCottonCandy
Profile Joined October 2013
Canada188 Posts
October 28 2013 03:59 GMT
#404
On October 28 2013 12:51 Promethelax wrote:
Because sent's only goal this whole game has been to power himself up and hasn't cared about anyone's alignment at all or tried to do anything but get his power from the hosts?


that's a good point but I don't know his playstyle so I don't hold that against him this early. I was more referring to the fact that

On October 28 2013 06:27 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 28 2013 06:22 Koshi wrote:
On October 28 2013 06:19 marvellosity wrote:
So... I'm going to need a bunch of you to ##twerk for me at some point. :/

Yeah all do ##update Koshi plz


What do I get in return?


On October 28 2013 06:50 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
Yeah sure why not. I do like to twerk, and I'd rather cater to marv than koshi, who seems to have disappeared.

##Twerk marvellosity

Anyways. I have a power that I would like some people to help me charge up.

##15

Here's the gameplan. To charge up my power, someone, anyone, posts ##14, then someone else does ##13 and so on. When we get to ##1 the power is charged and ready to use :D. You can post multiple numbers in the countdown but not consecutive ones. So you can do 14 and 12, but not 14 and 13.



This is a blatant contradiction. If you go back and read the timestamps koshi was still very clearly in the thread. He had no problem buddying up with marv (a strong player) but requests compensation from Koshi and makes up an excuse that is clearly incorrect.

On October 28 2013 07:02 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 28 2013 06:52 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On October 28 2013 06:50 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
Yeah sure why not. I do like to twerk, and I'd rather cater to marv than koshi, who seems to have disappeared.

wtf is this reasoning?


KOSHI DIDN'T ANSWER WHAT UPDATE DOES.

marv at least left it ambiguously pleasant.



rolefishing here.

On October 28 2013 07:05 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 28 2013 07:04 Koshi wrote:
On October 28 2013 07:02 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
On October 28 2013 06:52 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On October 28 2013 06:50 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
Yeah sure why not. I do like to twerk, and I'd rather cater to marv than koshi, who seems to have disappeared.

wtf is this reasoning?


KOSHI DIDN'T ANSWER WHAT UPDATE DOES.

marv at least left it ambiguously pleasant.

I told rayn it does magic.


I meant what I get out of it -__- my bad



again.



On October 28 2013 07:10 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 28 2013 07:09 Koshi wrote:
Also ##Update Koshi is a thing guys!


Well as the old saying goes, if you tickle my scrotum I shall tickle yours in return.

##Update Koshi



did not get an answer to what it did yet now has no problem powering him up despite nothing changing except completely his objective. This is a scum state of mind because now that you are in a position of power you don't give a shit what other people can do, you hold the cards. it could even be as simple as two scum powering eachother up.


After he gets his power he promptly leaves the thread without doing any scumhunting or posting anything really.

[image loading]
taste me
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
October 28 2013 03:59 GMT
#405
Prome, what does that "i reserve judgement on marv for now" mean?
I found it odd that he came in saying "power me up", then when people actually did that he says this:
On October 28 2013 06:53 marvellosity wrote:
I would genuinely rather people didn't twerk right now btw, despite saying a little bit ago that people can feel free.

Why?

Oats is right here, if you are town, why would you possibly not want people to power you up? Or if you have a reason for it, why bring up the "power me like this" in the first place?
table for two on a tv tray
HotCottonCandy
Profile Joined October 2013
Canada188 Posts
October 28 2013 04:02 GMT
#406
On October 28 2013 12:55 Promethelax wrote:
Seuss, no more role fishing without purpose. What do you think about oats and why?

Rayn, I'll take you at your word that your power usage isn't alignment indicative at the moment. I'm sure you can figure out what I was getting at. I still like pandain for the moment based on his try Harding. I do t have meta on him so I get to read him on his play, a nice early try hard adds so e green points for now.

Cotton candy, if you are so anxious to type why not say something useful. Early reads?


I thought my reads have been pretty straightforward so far.

You/Oats/Marv = town.

Pandain/Koshi/Rayn = Null

Sentinel = Scum

Everything else = no comment atm
taste me
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
October 28 2013 04:03 GMT
#407
Hey Candyman, do you think Sent is telling truth about his power being one-shot?
table for two on a tv tray
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
October 28 2013 04:04 GMT
#408
On October 28 2013 12:55 Promethelax wrote:
Seuss, no more role fishing without purpose. What do you think about oats and why?

Rayn, I'll take you at your word that your power usage isn't alignment indicative at the moment. I'm sure you can figure out what I was getting at. I still like pandain for the moment based on his try Harding. I do t have meta on him so I get to read him on his play, a nice early try hard adds so e green points for now.

Cotton candy, if you are so anxious to type why not say something useful. Early reads?


Sorry, I was just really surprised at how much people were throwing on the table day 1. It's kinda like all the major town roles soft-claimed in a giant explosion of nonsense. Normally this would be a stupid thing to do, but then this game setup is pretty wonky.

Oats is pretty confrontational and terse. He doesn't really address Pandain's concerns about rayn in a meaningful way, but just laughs him off. I don't really follow his [UoN]Sentinel scum/town rayn/Koshi logic because it isn't spelled out at all, it just sort of is.

So right now I read him as slightly scummy, but he could just be town who isn't communicating well. We had a lot of those in my last game.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
HotCottonCandy
Profile Joined October 2013
Canada188 Posts
October 28 2013 04:07 GMT
#409
On October 28 2013 13:03 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Hey Candyman, do you think Sent is telling truth about his power being one-shot?


I don't plan on leaving it up to chance so don't really care. Unless he does something seriously amazing for town or starts playing beastly I plan to see what his role is by night.
taste me
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
October 28 2013 04:10 GMT
#410
On October 28 2013 13:07 HotCottonCandy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 28 2013 13:03 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Hey Candyman, do you think Sent is telling truth about his power being one-shot?


I don't plan on leaving it up to chance so don't really care. Unless he does something seriously amazing for town or starts playing beastly I plan to see what his role is by night.

What does this mean? He has to use it either way unless i am wrong.
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
October 28 2013 04:10 GMT
#411
Oh lol, i get it. :D
table for two on a tv tray
Promethelax
Profile Joined February 2012
Canada7089 Posts
October 28 2013 04:11 GMT
#412
On October 28 2013 12:59 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Prome, what does that "i reserve judgement on marv for now" mean?
I found it odd that he came in saying "power me up", then when people actually did that he says this:
Show nested quote +
On October 28 2013 06:53 marvellosity wrote:
I would genuinely rather people didn't twerk right now btw, despite saying a little bit ago that people can feel free.

Why?

Oats is right here, if you are town, why would you possibly not want people to power you up? Or if you have a reason for it, why bring up the "power me like this" in the first place?


It means that stating my current read of him could I fluency how he plays since he and I know each other quite well and I've usually been able to read him on meta alone. Though I can't be sure anymore at one time I'd have been the person in this game who knew Marv best.

And if you were scum why would you not want people to power you up? Clearly because the power is more useful some other day/some other role mechanic. No matter alignment I'm assuming that Marv wants his to,e to be as useful as possible to his team and is doing his best to make it that. However that needs to be done. I'm assuming a careful reread of his role pm made him realize that he is compulsive in some way, or maybe he can mason as many people as twerk him but only once or a myriad of other reasons to hold off on it.

Candy: sentinel's tone was pretty light during that, he seemed to be joking around at least somewhat.

Oats: important!!! Who said they thought you were third p because anyone can power you up?
TL Mafia. Love it. Play it. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 I find Kennigit really attractive. If anyone has a picture of him please feel free to PM it to me.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
October 28 2013 04:11 GMT
#413
Let's see what he has to say himself.
table for two on a tv tray
Promethelax
Profile Joined February 2012
Canada7089 Posts
October 28 2013 04:12 GMT
#414
On October 28 2013 13:04 Seuss wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 28 2013 12:55 Promethelax wrote:
Seuss, no more role fishing without purpose. What do you think about oats and why?

Rayn, I'll take you at your word that your power usage isn't alignment indicative at the moment. I'm sure you can figure out what I was getting at. I still like pandain for the moment based on his try Harding. I do t have meta on him so I get to read him on his play, a nice early try hard adds so e green points for now.

Cotton candy, if you are so anxious to type why not say something useful. Early reads?


Sorry, I was just really surprised at how much people were throwing on the table day 1. It's kinda like all the major town roles soft-claimed in a giant explosion of nonsense. Normally this would be a stupid thing to do, but then this game setup is pretty wonky.

Oats is pretty confrontational and terse. He doesn't really address Pandain's concerns about rayn in a meaningful way, but just laughs him off. I don't really follow his [UoN]Sentinel scum/town rayn/Koshi logic because it isn't spelled out at all, it just sort of is.

So right now I read him as slightly scummy, but he could just be town who isn't communicating well. We had a lot of those in my last game.


Oats communicates poorly. That's his thing. Okay so how about Rayn? What do you think of him and why?
TL Mafia. Love it. Play it. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 I find Kennigit really attractive. If anyone has a picture of him please feel free to PM it to me.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
October 28 2013 04:14 GMT
#415
EBWOP: Above to Candyman and his Sentinel stuff.

Yeah you might be right about marv Prome. It just felt odd to me to ask something and when people do it then say "no don't".
Do you think Oats is scum?
table for two on a tv tray
Promethelax
Profile Joined February 2012
Canada7089 Posts
October 28 2013 04:15 GMT
#416
Rayn, you powered up Marv and sent but not koshi, oats or I. You say you powered sent to force him to play. Why did you power Marv? Why did you not power the other three?
TL Mafia. Love it. Play it. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 I find Kennigit really attractive. If anyone has a picture of him please feel free to PM it to me.
HotCottonCandy
Profile Joined October 2013
Canada188 Posts
October 28 2013 04:17 GMT
#417
I fail to see the light tone but I digress. random CAPS and -_- face and nothing to denote a joking tone does not look like joking to me.

If it's not convincing enough then I just need to try harder to find scum.
taste me
Promethelax
Profile Joined February 2012
Canada7089 Posts
October 28 2013 04:17 GMT
#418
On October 28 2013 13:14 raynpelikoneet wrote:
EBWOP: Above to Candyman and his Sentinel stuff.

Yeah you might be right about marv Prome. It just felt odd to me to ask something and when people do it then say "no don't".
Do you think Oats is scum?


I dont know. And that worries me. He is talking out of his ass and spouting nonsense but he could easily be town doing that. Given that he is intentionally antagonizing me and I know I'm town and I know he regards me highly I give him a slight town lean over all. It's not based on his play in the least though. All mentality all day.
TL Mafia. Love it. Play it. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 I find Kennigit really attractive. If anyone has a picture of him please feel free to PM it to me.
Promethelax
Profile Joined February 2012
Canada7089 Posts
October 28 2013 04:19 GMT
#419
On October 28 2013 13:17 HotCottonCandy wrote:
I fail to see the light tone but I digress. random CAPS and -_- face and nothing to denote a joking tone does not look like joking to me.

If it's not convincing enough then I just need to try harder to find scum.


Is not that, it's the casual manner he seemed to approach things in. There doesn't seem like that underplaying worry and over-shoulder-watching that you get with scum. I dunno, it's all feels.
TL Mafia. Love it. Play it. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 I find Kennigit really attractive. If anyone has a picture of him please feel free to PM it to me.
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
October 28 2013 04:21 GMT
#420
I'm here
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 23 245 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 1581
RotterdaM928
TaKeTV 357
IndyStarCraft 192
SteadfastSC157
ZombieGrub88
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 1581
RotterdaM 928
IndyStarCraft 192
MaxPax 164
SteadfastSC 157
RuFF_SC2 137
ZombieGrub88
UpATreeSC 74
MindelVK 19
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2722
Shuttle 505
Dewaltoss 117
910 70
Mind 58
Bale 16
Counter-Strike
fl0m3972
pashabiceps1399
Fnx 678
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4837
Liquid`Hasu584
Other Games
Beastyqt843
mouzStarbuck428
shahzam342
ToD197
summit1g186
C9.Mang0152
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV209
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 158
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Eskiya23 19
• 80smullet 16
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade344
Other Games
• imaqtpie860
• Shiphtur325
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
3h 17m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 17m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
15h 17m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 4h
Patches Events
1d 20h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.