• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:04
CEST 11:04
KST 18:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon102Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9858 users

"##" Mafia - Page 102

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 100 101 102 103 104 245 Next
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
October 30 2013 17:57 GMT
#2021
I'm just admonishing you, and no there's not much point to it.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
October 30 2013 18:00 GMT
#2022
I'm still stuck on rayn abandoning WoS to lynch Clarity. It's so unlike townrayn not to be all guns blazing for that lynch.

rayn doesn't mind shouting at me repeatedly if he thinks I should be lynching his target.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
October 30 2013 18:03 GMT
#2023
On October 31 2013 02:46 WaveofShadow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 31 2013 02:41 strongandbig wrote:
On October 31 2013 02:41 strongandbig wrote:
On October 31 2013 02:36 WaveofShadow wrote:
On October 31 2013 02:26 strongandbig wrote:
On October 31 2013 02:06 WaveofShadow wrote:
On October 31 2013 01:55 marvellosity wrote:
On October 31 2013 01:52 WaveofShadow wrote:
On October 31 2013 01:50 strongandbig wrote:
On October 31 2013 01:41 Pandain wrote:
Does anyone disagree SnB is scum btw?

I do

Why am I scum

No one has made a case I can respond to

Also I'm not

Also I'm probably dying at the end of night anyway

I will. Give me a few. And marv preflip association bad. I don't want to assume OOHCHILD is scum hard-defending SnB yet.

Please don't tell me what's good and bad, I was doing it in association with Prome's own read on OOHCHILD, and it didn't tain my own read. I don't need teaching how to play the game.

How am I supposed to know what affects your read and what doesn't?
Everybody needs reminders sometimes, even you, o unfallible one.

Regarding SnB:
On October 30 2013 05:46 strongandbig wrote:
On October 30 2013 05:34 Pandain wrote:
Day one scum try to contribute and appear town, but aren't that actually dedicated.

They usually aren't retarded, think through their posts, and still don't try to help town atmosphere.

All the things a scum would do on day one I see in SnB

which of these things are not also things a townie without much time would do? i guess the thread atmosphere thing, but how am i hurting thread atmosphere?

On October 30 2013 05:42 Pandain wrote:
On October 30 2013 05:39 marvellosity wrote:
On October 30 2013 03:48 strongandbig wrote:
Also - I'm starting to worry about sentinel's mystery countdown power and why he still hasn't told us what it does. Despite calling koshi scum for not telling us what his power does.

I dunno about s&b. This post is pretty bad because Sentinel has talked about his power so many times, I don't see the point in bringing it up again.

Then again it looks like s&b actually made genuine effort to go and look at Pandain's games earlier when he talked about his big posts


Problem is SnB also made a genuine effort to point out why Palmar was scum in Thug life. SnB can go hard to explain a read he's confident in when it benefits you.

The problem is even if he did, was that in the approach to help town or to explain himself. If it's to help town, why share it when really I wasn't under any suspicion. If it's to explain himself, it makes sense to defend me as I'm town and that will be revealed later/he's ultimately right.

I don't think SnB is giving an effort to help town, I think his effort ultimately only shows that he's interested in appearing town by posting reads.

Has he really attempted to change this lynch or help drive a lynch?

dude you were on my team, you KNOW that wasn't a genuine effort because I knew palmar was scum because he was ON A TEAM WITH THE TWO OF US
also did even that case didn't involve any actual research into palmar's past games

also i forgot that sentinel claimed he doesn't know what his power does. but why is saying that scum motivated.

last thing, why would i have attempted to change the lynch when i like it

What are you referring to here exactly?

On October 30 2013 11:42 strongandbig wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +

Decided to nuke HCC because (a) I don't like the way he swapped to pandain from wave for no reason, (b) don't like how he powered up koshi for no reason at the very start if the game then attacked people for doing the same to sentinel, (c) don't like how he only talks about me and oo while yelling about going after easy targets, (d) general feeling.

This bothers me because I feel like a ton of people did exactly the same thing but you're trying to find a way to justify your nuke on VA.

On October 30 2013 23:19 strongandbig wrote:
On October 30 2013 21:43 marvellosity wrote:
On October 30 2013 21:41 strongandbig wrote:
It's too late for more nukes
And Marv I'm just surprised people are multi nuking me rather than any of the other actually scummy people around

Which two people would you flip right now if you had the chance?

Well, I'm actually kind of unsure now about wos. Once pandain made my vote not matter I didn't have to decide whether I believed the turnaround. So like, I would be happy if he flipped but I'm not sure I want to flip him.

I think I'd go with ooh child and vayne.

Sent I'm struggling with because I feel like the way he played is antitown but I can't see his power going to mafia unless they're all fake. So if they turn out to be all fake nukes at the day post then sentinel.

Actially nm I think I still would put wos on the list above sentinel. I just get really bad feelings about how self-focused he was early in day 1 on people who attacked him despite the pressure being largely superficial.

I suppose I understand your reasoning at the end of the post regarding why you still want me to flip, but I don't understand why you said you were unsure in the beginning.

I also don't understand---do you think OOHCHILD/Vayne/me are all scum together? Because i'm not sure that is possible.


1. Like I said, once I decided I didn't want to kill pandain, I decided that you were a good choice to lynch and better than the other options people were voting for (if there were any, I don't remember). I'm pretty sure I posted something about that where i said i disagreed with promethelax's case but i still thought you were scum. and my filter is pretty short, you must've read that right?

2. "Trying to find a way to justify" vs "explaining my reasons for". If I was scum and wanted to yolo lynch someone, I would've made up reasons for nuking rayn or Marv or someone good instead of vayne right? Or I would have just kept my nuke, but I see no scenario in which nuking vayne isn't worth my life as scum. Especially when I can be pretty sure a revenge nuke is coming (since this is VA we're talking about). Instead, suppose I'm a townie, I've decided to use my nuke before going to sleep, I look around at the players who haven't been nuked yet, and I choose vayne. How does my post in this scenario differ from what I actually posted? (Protip: it doesn't)

Also I strongly disagree that other players who had not yet been nuked had done all the things I talked about vayne doing. He was definitely more hypocritical and more suspect than the other people who were still alive and unnuked.

3. The only reason I was unsure was that Marv and prome seemed persuaded by your outpouring of emotion and rage. I think they're both good players so the fact that they appeared to think you were genuine made me hesitant.

4. I don't care who you are scum with. I don't look at potential teams until someone flips. I look for the people most likely to be scum and try to make all of them die.

1) Yes I read your filter, and I had already commented on your disagreeing with Prome's case and calling me scum---we even had a conversation about it earlier yesterday. What I don;'t understand is why you refer to it as trying to change a lynch. There is a difference between soft-defending and opening up your options and actively trying to prevent a lynch. This is mainly why I found you scummy D1, because you are being super wishy-washy about me and half-defending me while still putting weak reasoning for lynching me on top of that (using Rayn as your backup).

2) Any reason you could have come up with for yolo nuking marv (for example) would have been awful, so that's a terrible example. VA is just one of those nukable players, but yes, I see what you're saying in that the trade probably isn't worth it---though this may hinge on whether you believe the nukes are real or not. I suppose that reasoning makes it even less likely if you believe them to be fake, like I do.

3) k

4) k

I'd probably downgrade you to null based on this honestly, though I'd still like to talk about #1 if you don;t mind. Maybe let me know on that note what you currently think of Rayn. he's doing a whole lot less than I expect of him.

Pandain said I was scum for not trying to change the lynch, i said why would I try to change the lynch if I agree with it.

So why did you nuke me wave?

First of all, because at that point I still firmly believed you were scum.
Second, can you explain a little more thoroughly, I'm really not following. Maybe I'm an idiot.
Pandain said you were scum for not trying to change what lynch?

Idk, I assumed he was talking about your lynch. The post of his is quoted in my post that you quoted.
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
October 30 2013 18:03 GMT
#2024
On October 31 2013 03:00 marvellosity wrote:
I'm still stuck on rayn abandoning WoS to lynch Clarity. It's so unlike townrayn not to be all guns blazing for that lynch.

rayn doesn't mind shouting at me repeatedly if he thinks I should be lynching his target.

On one hand I think Rayn has actively been trying not to be as shout-y as he has been. Thug life is a good example I think.

On the other...I really AM surprised I was able to actually convince HIM of all people at the end of D1. If there's somebody who latches on against all odds, it's him.

About Rayn's power and the circumstances surrounding it---do you agree it is a townRayn-like thing to try and make plays?
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
October 30 2013 18:04 GMT
#2025
On October 31 2013 03:03 WaveofShadow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 31 2013 03:00 marvellosity wrote:
I'm still stuck on rayn abandoning WoS to lynch Clarity. It's so unlike townrayn not to be all guns blazing for that lynch.

rayn doesn't mind shouting at me repeatedly if he thinks I should be lynching his target.

On one hand I think Rayn has actively been trying not to be as shout-y as he has been. Thug life is a good example I think.

On the other...I really AM surprised I was able to actually convince HIM of all people at the end of D1. If there's somebody who latches on against all odds, it's him.

About Rayn's power and the circumstances surrounding it---do you agree it is a townRayn-like thing to try and make plays?

The problem is, it's not even a play. It's either a retarded mistake or a lie dressed up as a retarded mistake.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
October 30 2013 18:06 GMT
#2026
How did you guys catch rayn in the Mafia Championship game on TL? Because rayn would take more control of the game, which he did D1, I had him as town leader. Unless we were really on town only he would not be so easy. rayn would never be so passive is he is scum together with WoS or another scummer that was up for lynch yesterday.

I think.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
October 30 2013 18:07 GMT
#2027
^ rayn would take more control as scum.
I had a good night of sleep.
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
October 30 2013 18:07 GMT
#2028
I still think it's improbable that he actually thought of "decreasing every number in your role" as good, and "increasing every number" as bad. He had no way of knowing that you had powers with costs, I think in general powers with numerical effects are more common.
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
October 30 2013 18:07 GMT
#2029
On October 31 2013 03:03 strongandbig wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 31 2013 02:46 WaveofShadow wrote:
On October 31 2013 02:41 strongandbig wrote:
On October 31 2013 02:41 strongandbig wrote:
On October 31 2013 02:36 WaveofShadow wrote:
On October 31 2013 02:26 strongandbig wrote:
On October 31 2013 02:06 WaveofShadow wrote:
On October 31 2013 01:55 marvellosity wrote:
On October 31 2013 01:52 WaveofShadow wrote:
On October 31 2013 01:50 strongandbig wrote:
[quote]
I do

Why am I scum

No one has made a case I can respond to

Also I'm not

Also I'm probably dying at the end of night anyway

I will. Give me a few. And marv preflip association bad. I don't want to assume OOHCHILD is scum hard-defending SnB yet.

Please don't tell me what's good and bad, I was doing it in association with Prome's own read on OOHCHILD, and it didn't tain my own read. I don't need teaching how to play the game.

How am I supposed to know what affects your read and what doesn't?
Everybody needs reminders sometimes, even you, o unfallible one.

Regarding SnB:
On October 30 2013 05:46 strongandbig wrote:
On October 30 2013 05:34 Pandain wrote:
Day one scum try to contribute and appear town, but aren't that actually dedicated.

They usually aren't retarded, think through their posts, and still don't try to help town atmosphere.

All the things a scum would do on day one I see in SnB

which of these things are not also things a townie without much time would do? i guess the thread atmosphere thing, but how am i hurting thread atmosphere?

On October 30 2013 05:42 Pandain wrote:
On October 30 2013 05:39 marvellosity wrote:
[quote]
I dunno about s&b. This post is pretty bad because Sentinel has talked about his power so many times, I don't see the point in bringing it up again.

Then again it looks like s&b actually made genuine effort to go and look at Pandain's games earlier when he talked about his big posts


Problem is SnB also made a genuine effort to point out why Palmar was scum in Thug life. SnB can go hard to explain a read he's confident in when it benefits you.

The problem is even if he did, was that in the approach to help town or to explain himself. If it's to help town, why share it when really I wasn't under any suspicion. If it's to explain himself, it makes sense to defend me as I'm town and that will be revealed later/he's ultimately right.

I don't think SnB is giving an effort to help town, I think his effort ultimately only shows that he's interested in appearing town by posting reads.

Has he really attempted to change this lynch or help drive a lynch?

dude you were on my team, you KNOW that wasn't a genuine effort because I knew palmar was scum because he was ON A TEAM WITH THE TWO OF US
also did even that case didn't involve any actual research into palmar's past games

also i forgot that sentinel claimed he doesn't know what his power does. but why is saying that scum motivated.

last thing, why would i have attempted to change the lynch when i like it

What are you referring to here exactly?

On October 30 2013 11:42 strongandbig wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +

Decided to nuke HCC because (a) I don't like the way he swapped to pandain from wave for no reason, (b) don't like how he powered up koshi for no reason at the very start if the game then attacked people for doing the same to sentinel, (c) don't like how he only talks about me and oo while yelling about going after easy targets, (d) general feeling.

This bothers me because I feel like a ton of people did exactly the same thing but you're trying to find a way to justify your nuke on VA.

On October 30 2013 23:19 strongandbig wrote:
On October 30 2013 21:43 marvellosity wrote:
On October 30 2013 21:41 strongandbig wrote:
It's too late for more nukes
And Marv I'm just surprised people are multi nuking me rather than any of the other actually scummy people around

Which two people would you flip right now if you had the chance?

Well, I'm actually kind of unsure now about wos. Once pandain made my vote not matter I didn't have to decide whether I believed the turnaround. So like, I would be happy if he flipped but I'm not sure I want to flip him.

I think I'd go with ooh child and vayne.

Sent I'm struggling with because I feel like the way he played is antitown but I can't see his power going to mafia unless they're all fake. So if they turn out to be all fake nukes at the day post then sentinel.

Actially nm I think I still would put wos on the list above sentinel. I just get really bad feelings about how self-focused he was early in day 1 on people who attacked him despite the pressure being largely superficial.

I suppose I understand your reasoning at the end of the post regarding why you still want me to flip, but I don't understand why you said you were unsure in the beginning.

I also don't understand---do you think OOHCHILD/Vayne/me are all scum together? Because i'm not sure that is possible.


1. Like I said, once I decided I didn't want to kill pandain, I decided that you were a good choice to lynch and better than the other options people were voting for (if there were any, I don't remember). I'm pretty sure I posted something about that where i said i disagreed with promethelax's case but i still thought you were scum. and my filter is pretty short, you must've read that right?

2. "Trying to find a way to justify" vs "explaining my reasons for". If I was scum and wanted to yolo lynch someone, I would've made up reasons for nuking rayn or Marv or someone good instead of vayne right? Or I would have just kept my nuke, but I see no scenario in which nuking vayne isn't worth my life as scum. Especially when I can be pretty sure a revenge nuke is coming (since this is VA we're talking about). Instead, suppose I'm a townie, I've decided to use my nuke before going to sleep, I look around at the players who haven't been nuked yet, and I choose vayne. How does my post in this scenario differ from what I actually posted? (Protip: it doesn't)

Also I strongly disagree that other players who had not yet been nuked had done all the things I talked about vayne doing. He was definitely more hypocritical and more suspect than the other people who were still alive and unnuked.

3. The only reason I was unsure was that Marv and prome seemed persuaded by your outpouring of emotion and rage. I think they're both good players so the fact that they appeared to think you were genuine made me hesitant.

4. I don't care who you are scum with. I don't look at potential teams until someone flips. I look for the people most likely to be scum and try to make all of them die.

1) Yes I read your filter, and I had already commented on your disagreeing with Prome's case and calling me scum---we even had a conversation about it earlier yesterday. What I don;'t understand is why you refer to it as trying to change a lynch. There is a difference between soft-defending and opening up your options and actively trying to prevent a lynch. This is mainly why I found you scummy D1, because you are being super wishy-washy about me and half-defending me while still putting weak reasoning for lynching me on top of that (using Rayn as your backup).

2) Any reason you could have come up with for yolo nuking marv (for example) would have been awful, so that's a terrible example. VA is just one of those nukable players, but yes, I see what you're saying in that the trade probably isn't worth it---though this may hinge on whether you believe the nukes are real or not. I suppose that reasoning makes it even less likely if you believe them to be fake, like I do.

3) k

4) k

I'd probably downgrade you to null based on this honestly, though I'd still like to talk about #1 if you don;t mind. Maybe let me know on that note what you currently think of Rayn. he's doing a whole lot less than I expect of him.

Pandain said I was scum for not trying to change the lynch, i said why would I try to change the lynch if I agree with it.

So why did you nuke me wave?

First of all, because at that point I still firmly believed you were scum.
Second, can you explain a little more thoroughly, I'm really not following. Maybe I'm an idiot.
Pandain said you were scum for not trying to change what lynch?

Idk, I assumed he was talking about your lynch. The post of his is quoted in my post that you quoted.

Ok maybe that's where my inability to understand the context stems from. Why would Pandain assume you were trying to change a lynch of me here? He mentioned I guess that he's not sure if you are trying to change it or support it but that's not what I got out of the soft defenses of me at all---those were way too weak to change any sort of lynch and it was clear to me you actually wanted me lynched. I just assumed it was so a scum you could go back and point out the instances where you wished and washed so as not to be blamed.

Maybe Pandain can answer this stuff himself---he may be a good place to look as well.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
October 30 2013 18:08 GMT
#2030
Also. I don't want to lynch rayn based on meta. Because he gets a lot of shit as well for his meta, and the only way to step away from it, is to play more calm as town. It's unfair to force him to play superactive pushy or give him a scumread.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
October 30 2013 18:11 GMT
#2031
On October 31 2013 03:06 Koshi wrote:
How did you guys catch rayn in the Mafia Championship game on TL? Because rayn would take more control of the game, which he did D1, I had him as town leader. Unless we were really on town only he would not be so easy. rayn would never be so passive is he is scum together with WoS or another scummer that was up for lynch yesterday.

I think.

I don't know what I wrote here. 0o ignore it unless you speak Koshi.
I had a good night of sleep.
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
October 30 2013 18:11 GMT
#2032
On October 31 2013 03:07 WaveofShadow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 31 2013 03:03 strongandbig wrote:
On October 31 2013 02:46 WaveofShadow wrote:
On October 31 2013 02:41 strongandbig wrote:
On October 31 2013 02:41 strongandbig wrote:
On October 31 2013 02:36 WaveofShadow wrote:
On October 31 2013 02:26 strongandbig wrote:
On October 31 2013 02:06 WaveofShadow wrote:
On October 31 2013 01:55 marvellosity wrote:
On October 31 2013 01:52 WaveofShadow wrote:
[quote]
I will. Give me a few. And marv preflip association bad. I don't want to assume OOHCHILD is scum hard-defending SnB yet.

Please don't tell me what's good and bad, I was doing it in association with Prome's own read on OOHCHILD, and it didn't tain my own read. I don't need teaching how to play the game.

How am I supposed to know what affects your read and what doesn't?
Everybody needs reminders sometimes, even you, o unfallible one.

Regarding SnB:
On October 30 2013 05:46 strongandbig wrote:
On October 30 2013 05:34 Pandain wrote:
Day one scum try to contribute and appear town, but aren't that actually dedicated.

They usually aren't retarded, think through their posts, and still don't try to help town atmosphere.

All the things a scum would do on day one I see in SnB

which of these things are not also things a townie without much time would do? i guess the thread atmosphere thing, but how am i hurting thread atmosphere?

On October 30 2013 05:42 Pandain wrote:
[quote]

Problem is SnB also made a genuine effort to point out why Palmar was scum in Thug life. SnB can go hard to explain a read he's confident in when it benefits you.

The problem is even if he did, was that in the approach to help town or to explain himself. If it's to help town, why share it when really I wasn't under any suspicion. If it's to explain himself, it makes sense to defend me as I'm town and that will be revealed later/he's ultimately right.

I don't think SnB is giving an effort to help town, I think his effort ultimately only shows that he's interested in appearing town by posting reads.

Has he really attempted to change this lynch or help drive a lynch?

dude you were on my team, you KNOW that wasn't a genuine effort because I knew palmar was scum because he was ON A TEAM WITH THE TWO OF US
also did even that case didn't involve any actual research into palmar's past games

also i forgot that sentinel claimed he doesn't know what his power does. but why is saying that scum motivated.

last thing, why would i have attempted to change the lynch when i like it

What are you referring to here exactly?

On October 30 2013 11:42 strongandbig wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +

Decided to nuke HCC because (a) I don't like the way he swapped to pandain from wave for no reason, (b) don't like how he powered up koshi for no reason at the very start if the game then attacked people for doing the same to sentinel, (c) don't like how he only talks about me and oo while yelling about going after easy targets, (d) general feeling.

This bothers me because I feel like a ton of people did exactly the same thing but you're trying to find a way to justify your nuke on VA.

On October 30 2013 23:19 strongandbig wrote:
On October 30 2013 21:43 marvellosity wrote:
[quote]
Which two people would you flip right now if you had the chance?

Well, I'm actually kind of unsure now about wos. Once pandain made my vote not matter I didn't have to decide whether I believed the turnaround. So like, I would be happy if he flipped but I'm not sure I want to flip him.

I think I'd go with ooh child and vayne.

Sent I'm struggling with because I feel like the way he played is antitown but I can't see his power going to mafia unless they're all fake. So if they turn out to be all fake nukes at the day post then sentinel.

Actially nm I think I still would put wos on the list above sentinel. I just get really bad feelings about how self-focused he was early in day 1 on people who attacked him despite the pressure being largely superficial.

I suppose I understand your reasoning at the end of the post regarding why you still want me to flip, but I don't understand why you said you were unsure in the beginning.

I also don't understand---do you think OOHCHILD/Vayne/me are all scum together? Because i'm not sure that is possible.


1. Like I said, once I decided I didn't want to kill pandain, I decided that you were a good choice to lynch and better than the other options people were voting for (if there were any, I don't remember). I'm pretty sure I posted something about that where i said i disagreed with promethelax's case but i still thought you were scum. and my filter is pretty short, you must've read that right?

2. "Trying to find a way to justify" vs "explaining my reasons for". If I was scum and wanted to yolo lynch someone, I would've made up reasons for nuking rayn or Marv or someone good instead of vayne right? Or I would have just kept my nuke, but I see no scenario in which nuking vayne isn't worth my life as scum. Especially when I can be pretty sure a revenge nuke is coming (since this is VA we're talking about). Instead, suppose I'm a townie, I've decided to use my nuke before going to sleep, I look around at the players who haven't been nuked yet, and I choose vayne. How does my post in this scenario differ from what I actually posted? (Protip: it doesn't)

Also I strongly disagree that other players who had not yet been nuked had done all the things I talked about vayne doing. He was definitely more hypocritical and more suspect than the other people who were still alive and unnuked.

3. The only reason I was unsure was that Marv and prome seemed persuaded by your outpouring of emotion and rage. I think they're both good players so the fact that they appeared to think you were genuine made me hesitant.

4. I don't care who you are scum with. I don't look at potential teams until someone flips. I look for the people most likely to be scum and try to make all of them die.

1) Yes I read your filter, and I had already commented on your disagreeing with Prome's case and calling me scum---we even had a conversation about it earlier yesterday. What I don;'t understand is why you refer to it as trying to change a lynch. There is a difference between soft-defending and opening up your options and actively trying to prevent a lynch. This is mainly why I found you scummy D1, because you are being super wishy-washy about me and half-defending me while still putting weak reasoning for lynching me on top of that (using Rayn as your backup).

2) Any reason you could have come up with for yolo nuking marv (for example) would have been awful, so that's a terrible example. VA is just one of those nukable players, but yes, I see what you're saying in that the trade probably isn't worth it---though this may hinge on whether you believe the nukes are real or not. I suppose that reasoning makes it even less likely if you believe them to be fake, like I do.

3) k

4) k

I'd probably downgrade you to null based on this honestly, though I'd still like to talk about #1 if you don;t mind. Maybe let me know on that note what you currently think of Rayn. he's doing a whole lot less than I expect of him.

Pandain said I was scum for not trying to change the lynch, i said why would I try to change the lynch if I agree with it.

So why did you nuke me wave?

First of all, because at that point I still firmly believed you were scum.
Second, can you explain a little more thoroughly, I'm really not following. Maybe I'm an idiot.
Pandain said you were scum for not trying to change what lynch?

Idk, I assumed he was talking about your lynch. The post of his is quoted in my post that you quoted.

Ok maybe that's where my inability to understand the context stems from. Why would Pandain assume you were trying to change a lynch of me here? He mentioned I guess that he's not sure if you are trying to change it or support it but that's not what I got out of the soft defenses of me at all---those were way too weak to change any sort of lynch and it was clear to me you actually wanted me lynched. I just assumed it was so a scum you could go back and point out the instances where you wished and washed so as not to be blamed.

Maybe Pandain can answer this stuff himself---he may be a good place to look as well.

yeah i dont really know what he was getting at but i assumed he was talking about the main lynch at the time, which was you.
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
October 30 2013 18:12 GMT
#2033
Does anyone have anything in particular they want from me atm? Chances are I'm gone until well after deadline (maybe some phoneposting but not sure).
I may be dead due to nuke but won't get shot so just in case I do die my reads are out there.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
October 30 2013 18:16 GMT
#2034
so i looked through rayn's filter briefly, but i can't really make anything significant out of it. I don't have any good heuristic for reading him. I'm a little worried that if he is scum, he's just laying low until they can shoot marv and prome so that he can assert thread control. but yeah, no i dont know
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
HotCottonCandy
Profile Joined October 2013
Canada188 Posts
October 30 2013 18:20 GMT
#2035
Incase I die

Power up roles - Sentinel, Koshi, marv, prom, and oats

vote changers - pandain, WoS, Seuss

Unknown/etc - OOHCHILD, rayn, SnB

Gonna go ahead and game the setup here and say there is 1 scum in each of these lists. Clarity flipped the same role that I am so I'm pretty sure there is 1 more VT. SnB is town from this deduction.

OOHCHILD - Now that I know it's kush this doesnt look like his recent townplay at all. He hasn't made any cases or deduced anything worth reading like has recently been the case, he has only been throwing suspicion on random people and then nuking completely different targets. His play is erratic and doesn't make sense. With that said, I don't think he would play this reckless as scum because in an experimental game it's just asking to get shot in the face in some way.

Rayn - Not as aggressive as you would like him to be, although I think it's more of him changing his playstyle then anything. He played like this more in Thug Life and Noire and he was town and scum respectively so it's a bit of a null tell there. On the other hand, he isn't actually pushing anything and has been absent for large chunks of the game where I would expect him to otherwise be. The fact that nobody really has any strong opinions in the game about him yet lead me to believe he is most likely the scum from this list.

--------------------

Pandain - What exactly has he done this game? Honestly nothing sticks out in my mind.

WoS - Glad we let him live, 100% town. if you can't see that from his recent posting then go home.

Seuss - From what I understand he is a newbie or close to it and he is simply playing like an earnest one. I don't see any malice in his play he just struggles to not be wishy-washy, probably nervous.

By process of elimination, pandain is the scum from this list.

Sentinel - gave everyone nukes but he is immune to them. 3rd party anyone? Makes quite a bit of sense is how blase he is this game, doesn't really care to weigh in on anything and just sorta drifting away in his own world. The role and his play lead me to believe 3rd party at this point.

Koshi - Similar to pandain, I honestly can't think of what he has done this game. Nuked Pandain though so if im going with my list he isn't scum unless he is a fucking genius.

Oats - Great day 1 play, it almost looked too good to be true for town oats. Recently has started slipping up more. Possibly scum here?

Marv - Not scum as far as I'm aware. He's pretty easy to read, a less annoying yamato.

Promethelax - This is the one I'm the least sure about. The last time I played with him he was 3rd party so I honestly have nothing to base anything off except his play here. Seems a bit too cocky to be scum but that's just a stupid heuristic. Keep an eye on this guy at lategame if we still haven't found the scum on this list by then. He has lapses of logic that just don't make sense at key points in the game.
taste me
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
October 30 2013 18:20 GMT
#2036
On October 31 2013 03:00 marvellosity wrote:
I'm still stuck on rayn abandoning WoS to lynch Clarity. It's so unlike townrayn not to be all guns blazing for that lynch.

rayn doesn't mind shouting at me repeatedly if he thinks I should be lynching his target.

Because Wave got back before the deadline and didn't roll over and die and made good posts. Clarity fucked off when people said he is town.

Vayne is town and SnB deserves many nukes for it. Early game is irrelevant regarding his meta because he obviously tried to play differently than his meta suggests. idk if that makes sense to you but it should.

Prome i have apparently missed the point where kush called himsefl a smurf. Kush's meta that applies now is that he can't read filters as scum because it's boring. Unless someone (like me in Noir) forces him to do that he won't do it and just say whatever shit he comes up with in thread.

I can't use any night powers so i don't really care about this phase. I'll post reads before the deadline but Koshi is so very good and you shouyld listen to him regarding me. I won't probably die and if Koshi dies i will nuke Oats instantly.
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
October 30 2013 18:21 GMT
#2037
Okay wtf Vayne, why is your read on Koshi full of shit?
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
October 30 2013 18:22 GMT
#2038
And Pandain.. I don't know what to think anymonre Vayne..
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
October 30 2013 18:24 GMT
#2039
And when the fuck have i been absent in this game besides N1 (i slept - i am sorry?)?
table for two on a tv tray
HotCottonCandy
Profile Joined October 2013
Canada188 Posts
October 30 2013 18:24 GMT
#2040
feel free to look through their filters and tell me anything interesting. I read through them and nothing sticks out. Koshi makes a case on pandain, summarizes some events, a lot of one liners.

Pandain half his filter is about getting angry at the nukes and the other half isn't particularly useful after the first page where he gives us his initial impressions. nothing after that.
taste me
Prev 1 100 101 102 103 104 245 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 56m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 1298
soO 409
Hyuk 388
Mini 267
ZerO 183
Killer 73
Shinee 46
Mind 38
Mong 29
Bale 28
[ Show more ]
PianO 25
Larva 22
ZergMaN 15
yabsab 13
Terrorterran 13
HiyA 12
Dota 2
XaKoH 700
XcaliburYe345
Counter-Strike
byalli601
Other Games
olofmeister962
singsing899
ceh9665
Happy433
Livibee175
crisheroes166
Mew2King65
ArmadaUGS59
ZerO(Twitch)7
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH365
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2303
League of Legends
• Jankos1653
• Stunt395
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
56m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
1h 56m
Monday Night Weeklies
6h 56m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d
Afreeca Starleague
1d
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 14h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.