• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:31
CEST 19:31
KST 02:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup9StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)72Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8296 users

Thug Life Mini Mafia - Page 134

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 132 133 134 135 136 308 Next
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
October 04 2013 01:27 GMT
#2661
Honestly?
Couldn't tell you b/w either.
I completely believe you in terms of why you haven't been playing this game, but unfortunately that doesn't make you not scum.
Regarding Palmar, I've said this before: I can't read him worth dicks. Look at LXI---and I haven't played a game with him since.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
October 04 2013 01:30 GMT
#2662
Yeah he doesn't play much anymore. :/

Like...my town read on him is waning with every moment that he's not calling for my head on a platter. He's just kinda been brushing the idea of lynching VE into the thread...town Palmar usually lays the HAMMER DOWN on a VE that isn't contributing because when we played together a lot that was my MO as town.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
October 04 2013 01:35 GMT
#2663
Also he hasn't called me bad, OR stupid. I think he thinks I'm both...suggesting manipulation.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
October 04 2013 01:37 GMT
#2664
I really just want FT to die in <24h.
Is that too much to ask?
If it makes people feel better I actually might be around for deadline tomorrow to yell at whoever isn't voting for him.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
October 04 2013 01:42 GMT
#2665
Checklist for tonight:
  • Filter FT/Pandain
  • Filter Vayne *shudder*
  • Make a sammich
  • Play GTAV
  • Determine if a better lynch exists outside of FT/Vayne
Wish me luck peoples.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
October 04 2013 01:48 GMT
#2666
On October 04 2013 10:42 VisceraEyes wrote:
Checklist for tonight:
  • Filter FT/Pandain
  • Filter Vayne *shudder*
  • Make a sammich
  • Play GTAV
  • Determine if a better lynch exists outside of FT/Vayne
Wish me luck peoples.
[image loading]
They lost their jobs. They lost their book deal. They're adrift now, VE. Adrift in this sea we call life.

And they're hungry. Oh, so very hungry. Can you hear them?

Can you hear them in the night?
Fe fi fo fum.
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
October 04 2013 01:49 GMT
#2667
Thank you austin for bringing some joy into my life.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
October 04 2013 01:51 GMT
#2668
It's like chezinu and marv had a baby?
I come in for the scraps
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
October 04 2013 01:51 GMT
#2669
I told you I'd do it austin jeez. I swore on everything. EVERYTHING AUSTIN! I HAVE NOTHING MORE TO SWEAR ON!
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
October 04 2013 01:56 GMT
#2670
You never commented on my musings re: Palmar austin. Musings like that are all I can do until I get home and threatening me with childhood terrors isn't going to change that.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
October 04 2013 02:08 GMT
#2671
Nope, didn't comment on them.

On October 04 2013 10:30 VisceraEyes wrote:
Yeah he doesn't play much anymore. :/

Like...my town read on him is waning with every moment that he's not calling for my head on a platter. He's just kinda been brushing the idea of lynching VE into the thread...town Palmar usually lays the HAMMER DOWN on a VE that isn't contributing because when we played together a lot that was my MO as town.
On October 04 2013 10:35 VisceraEyes wrote:
Also he hasn't called me bad, OR stupid. I think he thinks I'm both...suggesting manipulation.

But there's not a lot I can comment on. All that says is that for you-specific reasons, you're doubting your earlier town read.

You think town Palmar would do x.

But you're not out and calling him scum, just less townie, and potentially trying to manipulate you.

I'm not gonna lynch him based on that. I'm not gonna NOT lynch him based on that. And that doesn't do anything for how I read you.

So, in a nicest way to say it, it's not useful to me. Maybe it's a stepping-stone for you to reread Palmar or your interactions with him, although Palmar wasn't on your list.
Fe fi fo fum.
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
October 04 2013 02:16 GMT
#2672
You've been issuing these non-defense-defenses of Palmar most of the game...now your vote is on him. Like...I don't know, I just thought there would be more you'd have to say on the guy your vote is on. But whatever, I'll just take it for what I assume it is: your way of telling me "not good enough".
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
October 04 2013 02:26 GMT
#2673
Firmtofu where are you .
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
October 04 2013 02:26 GMT
#2674
I will add however that based on this conversation, I'm adding
  • Filter Austin for any kind of opinion on anything ever
to my list tonight. I sure hope I find something. :X
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
October 04 2013 02:27 GMT
#2675
Do you think he's suspicious, then?
Couldn't get out a feeling.
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
October 04 2013 02:29 GMT
#2676
Who me? I find Austin's repeated soft-defenses of Palmar disconcerting...especially since he's voting to lynch the guy. I mean, even in casual conversation I can't get him to say whether he thinks he's scum or not, but apparently he's a good lynch because "his name starts with Pa-" and he's not as townie-seeming as you.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
October 04 2013 02:37 GMT
#2677
On October 04 2013 11:16 VisceraEyes wrote:
You've been issuing these non-defense-defenses of Palmar most of the game...now your vote is on him. Like...I don't know, I just thought there would be more you'd have to say on the guy your vote is on. But whatever, I'll just take it for what I assume it is: your way of telling me "not good enough".
Let's go with this. You thought he was town, that's waning.

Here are some specifics that I'm worried about

- He ain't dead. It's dumb but it's true.

- Was somewhat active/engaged early. Looking through his filter earlier I found a nice, fat reads post + Show Spoiler +
On September 30 2013 00:40 Palmar wrote:
Probably Town

Koshi - Probably town, if scum he played getting hit by the RNG pretty well.
VisceraEyes - Keep an eye out on how much of a leadership role he takes. He was very townie early on in day 1, but I'm somewhat unsure how much of a role he truly played in the yamato lynch. I need to re-read. If he starts fading into the background reconsider, but for now town.
Oatsmaster - Confrontational and an asshole, completely useless too, so that kinda fits him being town
Blazinghand - Probably town, needs to be more in the forefront.
WaveofShadow - Too active, too free-flowing and engages easily with people to be scum.
Pandain - His case was ok. If he keeps trying he's town. Pandain is awful as scum anyway so he'll fuck up sooner or later if he is.

Haven't analysed/read at all:

Chairman Ray
Mr. Cheesecake
VayneAuthority
austinmcc

Only done a quick read/null:


strongandbig - if I die he's less likely (only slightly) to be scum (unlikely his scumteam would shoot me after he spends time creating a case on me), but I have no idea really, I think his case was wrong because of bads, not because of malicious.

ShiaoPi - One of the best candidates for re-reading. He hasn't done anything worth noting all game, at least that I noticed. I'm going to look into him when I have time.

raynpelikoneet - Don't really know.
Grackaroni - Again, read some, no conclusion

Scummy people

hiro protagonist - His start was awfully conservative. I still haven't spent time looking at his later posts, but yeah.
RebirthOfLeGenD - Said he'd catch up, didn't.
FirmTofu - See my earlier analysis. Haven't paid attention to him since.

-------------------

please don't take this list as gospel, my reads on night 1 (especially with a weekend start) are okay, but not great. I'm prety sure most of the scum is in my null/scum zone, but if someone does something stupid, don't let the come back and go "BUT PALMAR SAID I WAS TOWN".

Anyway, I won't have time to play much today. Writing this in case I can't be back before deadline.

. There's some effort mixed with some no effort, actual reads but a lot of "didn't read yet." Fine, whatever.

- He's got the early argument with rayn. Lots of posts concerning rayn's worry over yamato calling palmar town. Getting on rayn's case for a townread on oats at the time. Jumps on an inconsistency, pokes at it, posts a bunch. Honestly, when I'm reading N1 or most of D2, it's still just Palmar talking to rayn about why rayn is dumb/wrong/whatever. He's very very active when it comes to this one issue, and otherwise just flits about a bit. Basically, a wise man once summed up my feeling on the rayn posts like this
On October 02 2013 00:34 Palmar wrote:
Both.

He's not mafia for being bad, he's mafia for not doing anything outside of arguing about points like the one we just argued about.


- He doesn't care about the lynch at all on D2. He calls FT scum, was on him D1 and stays on him D2. All well and good. His only post on SP really is
On September 30 2013 19:24 Palmar wrote:
I just read again through Shiaopi's filter, he's not a bad lynch either, he's done almost nothing. I would like to point out that along with Grack, he helped push suspicion off FT.

Shiaopi do you still think FT is town, do you think his reasons for wanting to lynch you are legit? And why do you think VE is scum?
before the switch. The switch, at least from Palmar's posting, is purely rayn-based.

- Palmar's reactions to the flip, immediately, look like he's doing something.
On October 02 2013 06:10 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2013 06:07 VisceraEyes wrote:
On October 02 2013 06:00 Palmar wrote:
VE am I scum?

I don't think so. You seem more invested than I'd expect as scum. I haven't really disagreed with your scumreads, though admittedly I may be biased because I'm not one of them (as far as I know).

Why?


Mostly because I don't know if you are.

Could you like spam a bit and explain your reads through the game.

Additionally, I think I'm waffling on rayn being scum based on what just happened here. I'm not entirely sure.
On October 02 2013 06:12 Palmar wrote:
which would open other doors for scum, for example SnB and the replacements, both I have mostly ignored lately. Also Oats was really passive in the shitstorm between me and rayn.

Look at those posts. I voted a dude. The dude was town. Now I need to rethink things, my read on rayn...which then messes with my reads on other people. And I'm trying ever so hard to read you VE. How can I hold all these reads I'm trying to make?

- After returning to thread, we get another sizeable post + Show Spoiler +
On October 02 2013 22:59 Palmar wrote:
I really don't know anymore.

A few quick thoughts.

I'm less sure in my early townreads and more sure in my later ones. Especially I think Koshi, Chairman Ray and Grack are very unlikely scum. VE, Oats, Pandain, WoS more likely than before (but still nowhere near lynch territory, let's say I'm leaning town on them.

A quick note on WoS, for someone that was willing to enter an argument early in the game about his proficiency at mafia I don't feel like he is having the influence his own perception of his skill should warrant. If you think you're so good why aren't you trying to lead us?

I have still to read CC and the replacements through. I'm assuming at least one if not two scum in there because that's kind of what I do, I always ignore the lay-low scum.

SnB still hasn't done jack shit, good candidate for lynching tomorrow. I still think Hiro's entrance into the thread was really awkward and he's not doing much at all, another good lynch.

Rayn is a bit of a question mark, he's super reckless (to the point of being willing to die just to make a point, I don't know if he anticipated no one going along with it, or if he just doesn't care). He's doing stupid things, not taking an active stance about anything for the most part except me. I don't really know if all this makes him ballsy scum or reckless town, in both cases he's being very useless.

Vayne is another question mark. He's being an asshole about being awful at the game. I have no idea why. He also indicated he's been playing this a long time, which is important because he would probably be pretty towny if he was new to mafia.

FT remains a good lynch.

Again. Some reads, some probably legit reads. But he's still just not caring. He's missing multiple filters. His reads are changing, great. He DOES call snb scum. Points. But apart from snb and hiro, there's not much MEAT there. It doesn't look like he's really looking at his old reads, what happened, and moving forward. It looks like he's just posting generic read-stuff.

- And that's it. He just posts a bunch about the switch and why he totally wants FT dead and why he switched cuz of Rayn and etc. It's the bolded quote above. He's mafia for not doing anything outside of just picking these dinky little fights. He's not fighting about someone being scum or town. He's just goading rayn and continuing to post about things that don't actually matter because they're not scumhunting. His activity, his major points of activity for the last 96+ hours, has nothing to do with scumhunting. He's just posting, occasionally dropping mushy lists of reads that are never actually solid.


VE, has Palmar done anything between D2 and D3 to make you <3 him? Do you actually get the feeling that he IS trying to read you? Because I'm not getting a townie vibe from anything he's done recently.

(I dunno if I soft-defended him before, maybe? I don't think I've said too much about him until now, but go hunting! Hunt hunt! I think he should totally be lynched though)


Fe fi fo fum.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
October 04 2013 02:42 GMT
#2678
Oh nm, had to look at my own filter. I didn't like snb and grack's reasons for calling him out and totes called him town.

I do like him as a lynch now, though. It may not be as useful a thing to look for as I think, but veteran-ish players who are scum seem to often look townie on D1 and then tail off, can't keep it going. This fits that pattern. grack was calling him out for wishy-washy stuff, but at this point he's not even being wishy-washy anymore.
Fe fi fo fum.
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
October 04 2013 02:42 GMT
#2679
I agree except for the first point you make, VE, you, WoS and I have also not gotten shot. BH was the only big player who got shot, otherwise it seems to have been blue/red snipes.

It is interesting that Grack though(contrary to someone else earlier, I forget) was pushing Palmer heavily and got shot. I think he's a solid choice but still I prefer Vayne.

You convinced me that he's playing anti-town but not that he's playing scum.
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
October 04 2013 02:43 GMT
#2680
No he hasn't. But since he was a townread of mine and you're voting to lynch him (and seem to mean it in spite of not explicitly thinking he's scum) I'm gonna reread the guy and see if I missed anything.

We were supposed to do great things together Now neither of us are doing great things and some low-life beat-cop is taking all our glory.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Prev 1 132 133 134 135 136 308 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
RotterdaM764
TaKeTV 281
IndyStarCraft 162
TKL 0
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 764
ByuN 317
IndyStarCraft 162
MaxPax 120
BRAT_OK 97
UpATreeSC 57
MindelVK 14
RuFF_SC2 1
TKL 0
ZombieGrub0
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 3455
Shuttle 838
Mini 469
EffOrt 402
Rush 177
Dewaltoss 141
Mind 96
Shinee 78
910 75
Zeus 70
[ Show more ]
hero 59
HiyA 55
Bale 26
sorry 24
JYJ 22
ToSsGirL 19
Sexy 14
zelot 8
Sacsri 7
scan(afreeca) 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5711
qojqva2936
Counter-Strike
fl0m4935
pashabiceps838
Fnx 721
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby2377
Other Games
singsing2191
ceh9684
Beastyqt625
Hui .205
XaKoH 132
mouzStarbuck122
Trikslyr78
QueenE60
C9.Mang032
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV176
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream22
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 92
• StrangeGG 24
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• Hinosc 0
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 24
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie398
• Shiphtur276
• WagamamaTV126
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
5h 29m
Afreeca Starleague
16h 29m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
17h 29m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 6h
Patches Events
1d 22h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.