• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:09
CEST 07:09
KST 14:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War595.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8415 users

Desert Mini Mafia - Page 30

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 28 29 30 31 32 150 Next
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
August 29 2013 23:31 GMT
#581
On August 30 2013 08:25 yamato77 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2013 08:24 Hapahauli wrote:
If you're going to make a read on me based off of the first 13 pages of gameplay in a 29 page game, I'm not impressed.

If I'm wrong, why are your early posts so trash?


Isn't this the 3rd game in a row where you think my early game posts are bad (and scummy) because I tend to force things early on? I make bad cases early on all the time. In fact almost every single one of my town games recently starts with a terribly bad D1 case that draws some flak on me.

In a somewhat twisted way, I kind of enjoy the flak though, because it gets me thinking and involved in the game.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
August 29 2013 23:31 GMT
#582
On August 30 2013 08:29 marvellosity wrote:
Hapa has seemed fine to me, the only thing I noticed so far is that he's seemed somewhat more snippy than usual, which is why I asked him about how he felt about the game. Not entirely sure what I make of it but meh

Bugs me that yamato is suspicious of Hapa for being able to read me better than yamato can. It's just dumb on so many levels

Are you even reading my posts?
Writer@WriterYamato
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
August 29 2013 23:31 GMT
#583
Maybe you don't slap a random vote on me and then lecture others on how to play day 1 in other games, hmm?
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
August 29 2013 23:33 GMT
#584
On August 30 2013 08:31 Hapahauli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2013 08:25 yamato77 wrote:
On August 30 2013 08:24 Hapahauli wrote:
If you're going to make a read on me based off of the first 13 pages of gameplay in a 29 page game, I'm not impressed.

If I'm wrong, why are your early posts so trash?


Isn't this the 3rd game in a row where you think my early game posts are bad (and scummy) because I tend to force things early on? I make bad cases early on all the time. In fact almost every single one of my town games recently starts with a terribly bad D1 case that draws some flak on me.

In a somewhat twisted way, I kind of enjoy the flak though, because it gets me thinking and involved in the game.

idk man, this was something special

The question is, do I feel like you've improved since the post on deebs? idk, will reread. Your targets of hopeless/syl aren't real encouraging at first look, though, because they are easy to fake-case as either alignment
Writer@WriterYamato
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
August 29 2013 23:33 GMT
#585
On August 30 2013 08:31 yamato77 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2013 08:29 marvellosity wrote:
Hapa has seemed fine to me, the only thing I noticed so far is that he's seemed somewhat more snippy than usual, which is why I asked him about how he felt about the game. Not entirely sure what I make of it but meh

Bugs me that yamato is suspicious of Hapa for being able to read me better than yamato can. It's just dumb on so many levels

Are you even reading my posts?


yes, and I'm interpreting how they actually sound and boil down to.

You're suspicious of Hapa for his read on me despite readily admitting yourself Hapa would be able to read me better than you or anyone else. "red flags" and shit, and that hapa "would make this read as mafia" when you're not actually capable of knowing whether he would say the same about me as town.

Basically everything you say is totally egocentric and related to your perceptions that don't really make much sense to me
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
August 29 2013 23:34 GMT
#586
On August 30 2013 08:31 marvellosity wrote:
Maybe you don't slap a random vote on me and then lecture others on how to play day 1 in other games, hmm?

Obviously wasn't random, and has nothing to do with what we're talking about right now.

You will respond to me or I'll just assume you're actually mafia and I'm right.
Writer@WriterYamato
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
August 29 2013 23:34 GMT
#587
Threatening me will always work, yamato.

And by always, I mean never.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
August 29 2013 23:35 GMT
#588
On August 30 2013 08:29 marvellosity wrote:
Hapa has seemed fine to me, the only thing I noticed so far is that he's seemed somewhat more snippy than usual, which is why I asked him about how he felt about the game. Not entirely sure what I make of it but meh

Bugs me that yamato is suspicious of Hapa for being able to read me better than yamato can. It's just dumb on so many levels

I think Hapa is somehow off.. It's nothing in his posts particularly, but how he came back when he started posting after yesterday. He made some random posts/questions about debears/Onegu, then proceeded to give nullish reads on them + yamato and Syl, and hopped on "Hopeless is my top scum read" without any notion of him earlier.

Some of his posts really feel like he has not read the thread fully. When he weas asked his read about me he references his post which is only a couple of hours into the game. Like, have i not posted after that or what?
table for two on a tv tray
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
August 29 2013 23:35 GMT
#589
On August 30 2013 08:31 yamato77 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2013 08:29 marvellosity wrote:
Hapa has seemed fine to me, the only thing I noticed so far is that he's seemed somewhat more snippy than usual, which is why I asked him about how he felt about the game. Not entirely sure what I make of it but meh

Bugs me that yamato is suspicious of Hapa for being able to read me better than yamato can. It's just dumb on so many levels

Are you even reading my posts?


That's basically half the reason you're suspicious of me no?

You know I've played a ton of games with marv. While I can articulate my methods of reading him in one way or another, the bottom-line is that a majority of me reading marv is completely on gut. There are just certain posts by him that I get strong town/scum vibes from, mostly because we have such a history together.

In this game, there's just something about the way he's responding to the pressure here that makes me feel he's town. So back to the "holier than thou" thing with scum-marv, he tends to put himself above all the arguments, and either use it as an OMGUS or completely dismiss them at hand.

In this game, he's getting emotionally caught up in them, which I consider a town-tell.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
August 29 2013 23:36 GMT
#590
Maybe I'm not explaining it so well

1) in your original long post you say hapa would best be able to catch me and knows me best
2) hapa gives a tone/attitude read on me
3) you disagree with the read and decide you know better
4) therefore hapa is suspicious, despite 1)

all these things don't go together at all, really.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
August 29 2013 23:37 GMT
#591
On August 30 2013 08:33 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2013 08:31 yamato77 wrote:
On August 30 2013 08:29 marvellosity wrote:
Hapa has seemed fine to me, the only thing I noticed so far is that he's seemed somewhat more snippy than usual, which is why I asked him about how he felt about the game. Not entirely sure what I make of it but meh

Bugs me that yamato is suspicious of Hapa for being able to read me better than yamato can. It's just dumb on so many levels

Are you even reading my posts?


yes, and I'm interpreting how they actually sound and boil down to.

You're suspicious of Hapa for his read on me despite readily admitting yourself Hapa would be able to read me better than you or anyone else. "red flags" and shit, and that hapa "would make this read as mafia" when you're not actually capable of knowing whether he would say the same about me as town.

Basically everything you say is totally egocentric and related to your perceptions that don't really make much sense to me

First of all, that's not the ONLY reason I'm suspicious of Hapa, so you aren't actually reading.

Second of all, I've played games with the both of you. It IS weird that the both of you seem so ready to trust the other this early in the game when you both have been wrong about the other before. It's especially true that Hapa is basically contradicting himself or not reading your posts very closely as per the analysis I quoted that HE posted.

And of course its egocentric and related to my own perceptions. Do you play mafia or just read a thread?
Writer@WriterYamato
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
August 29 2013 23:37 GMT
#592
I am reading, I'm just picking up on something I'm intimately familiar with.

Stop being patronising when you're the one who can't actually fucking read.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
August 29 2013 23:39 GMT
#593
On August 30 2013 08:33 yamato77 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2013 08:31 Hapahauli wrote:
On August 30 2013 08:25 yamato77 wrote:
On August 30 2013 08:24 Hapahauli wrote:
If you're going to make a read on me based off of the first 13 pages of gameplay in a 29 page game, I'm not impressed.

If I'm wrong, why are your early posts so trash?


Isn't this the 3rd game in a row where you think my early game posts are bad (and scummy) because I tend to force things early on? I make bad cases early on all the time. In fact almost every single one of my town games recently starts with a terribly bad D1 case that draws some flak on me.

In a somewhat twisted way, I kind of enjoy the flak though, because it gets me thinking and involved in the game.

idk man, this was something special

The question is, do I feel like you've improved since the post on deebs? idk, will reread. Your targets of hopeless/syl aren't real encouraging at first look, though, because they are easy to fake-case as either alignment


So what's "special" about this one? Compare it to... say... Catch 22. Or that the 2nd Hydra Mini with the Duke Nukem stuffs.

Anyway regarding Hopeless/Syl, I'm not going to go after more "original" targets if I don't find them scummy. Regardless if you think they're easy to "fake", I'd like to believe I've shown interest in questioning them so far and will continue to do so until I confirm/overturn my reads on them.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
August 29 2013 23:39 GMT
#594
On August 30 2013 08:36 marvellosity wrote:
Maybe I'm not explaining it so well

1) in your original long post you say hapa would best be able to catch me and knows me best
2) hapa gives a tone/attitude read on me
3) you disagree with the read and decide you know better
4) therefore hapa is suspicious, despite 1)

all these things don't go together at all, really.

1) I quote how Hapa has TOLD ME (therefor giving me the knowledge he has) about your meta.

2) I quote Hapa's read

3) I show obvious examples of the very scum attitude-read he posted

4) therefor, Hapa isn't actually considering your real alignment
Writer@WriterYamato
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
August 29 2013 23:41 GMT
#595
On August 30 2013 08:39 yamato77 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2013 08:36 marvellosity wrote:
Maybe I'm not explaining it so well

1) in your original long post you say hapa would best be able to catch me and knows me best
2) hapa gives a tone/attitude read on me
3) you disagree with the read and decide you know better
4) therefore hapa is suspicious, despite 1)

all these things don't go together at all, really.

1) I quote how Hapa has TOLD ME (therefor giving me the knowledge he has) about your meta.

2) I quote Hapa's read

3) I show obvious examples of the very scum attitude-read he posted

4) therefor, Hapa isn't actually considering your real alignment


I think you're mistaking my not being able to articulate my methodology of reading Marv as well with me not caring about his alignment. That being said, read this and tell me what you think:

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=426387&currentpage=30#589
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
August 29 2013 23:41 GMT
#596
On August 30 2013 08:39 yamato77 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2013 08:36 marvellosity wrote:
Maybe I'm not explaining it so well

1) in your original long post you say hapa would best be able to catch me and knows me best
2) hapa gives a tone/attitude read on me
3) you disagree with the read and decide you know better
4) therefore hapa is suspicious, despite 1)

all these things don't go together at all, really.

1) I quote how Hapa has TOLD ME (therefor giving me the knowledge he has) about your meta.

2) I quote Hapa's read

3) I show obvious examples of the very scum attitude-read he posted

4) therefor, Hapa isn't actually considering your real alignment


He has a different view on your 3), obviously (as he has handily outlined just now). I know my alignment, and hapa is better than you, so you're finding him scummy for making a more nuanced read than you're capable of?

Again, it boils down to the fact you're suspicious of him having a different read on me than you, despite the fact he knows my play better, and is indeed the only player to ever actually catch me as mafia.

Brilliant!
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
August 29 2013 23:43 GMT
#597
The fact I've had to delete about 3 sentences calling you a moron thus far does sadly indicate that you're probably town though. le sigh.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
August 29 2013 23:44 GMT
#598
Also Yamato, I think you're mistaking how strong my town-read on marv actually is. I'm leaning town on the guy, and don't think he's 100% uber-super townie.

My approach to marv in all games is generally not to take a serious look at the guy on Day 1. He's not a guy that you're going to catch as mafia (or a guy that I would risk lynching) on Day 1. Generally if I get a town-feel from him, I'll accept it and move on to other targets. If something really striking happens, Day 2 and beyond are the days where I consider him.

That has been consistent throughout all the games I've ever played with him.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
August 29 2013 23:44 GMT
#599
On August 30 2013 08:35 Hapahauli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2013 08:31 yamato77 wrote:
On August 30 2013 08:29 marvellosity wrote:
Hapa has seemed fine to me, the only thing I noticed so far is that he's seemed somewhat more snippy than usual, which is why I asked him about how he felt about the game. Not entirely sure what I make of it but meh

Bugs me that yamato is suspicious of Hapa for being able to read me better than yamato can. It's just dumb on so many levels

Are you even reading my posts?


That's basically half the reason you're suspicious of me no?

You know I've played a ton of games with marv. While I can articulate my methods of reading him in one way or another, the bottom-line is that a majority of me reading marv is completely on gut. There are just certain posts by him that I get strong town/scum vibes from, mostly because we have such a history together.

In this game, there's just something about the way he's responding to the pressure here that makes me feel he's town. So back to the "holier than thou" thing with scum-marv, he tends to put himself above all the arguments, and either use it as an OMGUS or completely dismiss them at hand.

In this game, he's getting emotionally caught up in them, which I consider a town-tell.

Is he really, though?

It seems like he wants to use these back-and-forth exchanges more as an avenue to shit on my play and my reads than to actually get anything useful out of it.

If I am right about him, there is plenty of motivation for scum-Marv to want to discredit me when town-Marv is usually more cooperative even when I am tunneling him, in the recent past. Why the change this game in his response, and his overall attitude as compared to his recent play?
Writer@WriterYamato
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
August 29 2013 23:45 GMT
#600
On August 30 2013 08:44 yamato77 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2013 08:35 Hapahauli wrote:
On August 30 2013 08:31 yamato77 wrote:
On August 30 2013 08:29 marvellosity wrote:
Hapa has seemed fine to me, the only thing I noticed so far is that he's seemed somewhat more snippy than usual, which is why I asked him about how he felt about the game. Not entirely sure what I make of it but meh

Bugs me that yamato is suspicious of Hapa for being able to read me better than yamato can. It's just dumb on so many levels

Are you even reading my posts?


That's basically half the reason you're suspicious of me no?

You know I've played a ton of games with marv. While I can articulate my methods of reading him in one way or another, the bottom-line is that a majority of me reading marv is completely on gut. There are just certain posts by him that I get strong town/scum vibes from, mostly because we have such a history together.

In this game, there's just something about the way he's responding to the pressure here that makes me feel he's town. So back to the "holier than thou" thing with scum-marv, he tends to put himself above all the arguments, and either use it as an OMGUS or completely dismiss them at hand.

In this game, he's getting emotionally caught up in them, which I consider a town-tell.

Is he really, though?

It seems like he wants to use these back-and-forth exchanges more as an avenue to shit on my play and my reads than to actually get anything useful out of it.

If I am right about him, there is plenty of motivation for scum-Marv to want to discredit me when town-Marv is usually more cooperative even when I am tunneling him, in the recent past. Why the change this game in his response, and his overall attitude as compared to his recent play?


TBH, this sounds like Persona 2 all over again.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Prev 1 28 29 30 31 32 150 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 51m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
FoxeR 79
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4515
Leta 1631
Bale 58
Shine 29
ZergMaN 11
Icarus 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm270
League of Legends
JimRising 651
Other Games
summit1g9026
WinterStarcraft604
Sick117
Mew2King33
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick495
BasetradeTV161
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta22
• Letter1413
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2102
League of Legends
• Lourlo1047
• Rush566
Other Games
• Shiphtur322
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4h 51m
Patches Events
9h 51m
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 51m
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 51m
OSC
17h 51m
OSC
1d 6h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.