• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:46
CEST 10:46
KST 17:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202616Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7928 users

Desert Mini Mafia - Page 28

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 26 27 28 29 30 150 Next
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
August 29 2013 21:56 GMT
#541
On August 30 2013 06:54 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2013 06:52 Hapahauli wrote:
Hell can anyone comment on my Syl case above? I'm starting to agree with myself more and more :3


I'm stuck in his filter currently, I think I'm being dumb because I'm finding it tremendously difficult to work out how he's hopped around, even with his own explanations

I have written down that I think the post you quoted in your case looks worse as a standalone than in context - he was asked specifically to comment on those 3 players, and I can understand not being that decisive when talking about players you were asked to talk about


I can understand why the former post is wishy-washy. It's just the next post that's so strange to me - I can't understand how he gets from point a) to point b).

But yes, he seems very incoherent this game. And in the past, he's usually much more upfront about things (even if lurky)
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
August 29 2013 21:57 GMT
#542
@ Hopeless + TK

Where'd you both run off to?
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
August 29 2013 22:01 GMT
#543
On August 30 2013 06:52 Hapahauli wrote:
Hell can anyone comment on my Syl case above? I'm starting to agree with myself more and more :3

Actually. That is a a very good point that you bring up, given that Sn0_man did not even post between those posts you quoted.
table for two on a tv tray
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
August 29 2013 22:01 GMT
#544
I don't get how/why he keeps tying hopeless/sn0 together, not necessarily alignment-wise, but in the way he looks at them. Am I missing something with that?
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Tutankoopa
Profile Joined August 2013
United States145 Posts
August 29 2013 22:01 GMT
#545
I asked him to talk about other scumreads awhile ago and I'm waiting on that. I could probably keep arguing with him about the exact same few posts for the rest of D1 but I don't think it's helping nor is it good for thread atmosphere.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
August 29 2013 22:03 GMT
#546
On August 30 2013 07:01 marvellosity wrote:
I don't get how/why he keeps tying hopeless/sn0 together, not necessarily alignment-wise, but in the way he looks at them. Am I missing something with that?

No, i brought that up eariler. that's fishy.
table for two on a tv tray
Hopeless1der
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5836 Posts
August 29 2013 22:04 GMT
#547
On August 30 2013 06:57 Hapahauli wrote:
@ Hopeless + TK

Where'd you both run off to?

Painting my room =\
K question for TK then. Why did you say only one of Yamato/me would be scum?
On August 29 2013 11:01 Tutankoopa wrote:
Bout to head out for a few hours. For now all that really bothers me is hopeless, yamato, and oats in that specific order. Everything else seems fairly harmless and I'm not seeing much scumminess in the rayn/scib/whoever debate. I'm worried about yamato because what he's posted so far could very easily be mafia taking a dump in the thread and throwing bad looks at people who smell his shit. There's nothing I can pinpoint in Hopeless' filter, but a few of his posts have given me weird vibes. I guess I'm not convinced that he really thinks I or anyone else could be mafia. I just now looked at Oat's filter and I was unable to see what I thought I saw earlier, so scratch him from my list.

My guess at who's mafia is 1 out of, but probably not both hopeless/yamato, and the rest are people that haven't posted.

Surely you have more than they're weird/shitting on the thread? More recent scumreads perhaps?
You never actually stated your own preference when asking Hapa about debears:
On August 30 2013 05:29 Tutankoopa wrote:
You're obviously the worst person to ask this but would you have still unvoted debears about now had I not asked you that question?

What are your thoughts on debears atm?
Also, sorry I'm not as forthcoming with my own thoughts at the moment save for my tunnel. I'll reread in a couple hours and go from there.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
August 29 2013 22:05 GMT
#548
The thing with his filter is that i'm mainly left kinda bewildered rather than anything else. I don't even know what to ask him to probe him on the Sn0 read or the sn0/hopeless thing.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
sciberbia
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1359 Posts
August 29 2013 22:05 GMT
#549
@hapa re sylencia
I was gonna say the same thing marv just said about it being understandable not to have a lot to see about three players that I just out-of-the-blue asked him to give a quick opinion on. That doesn't bother me so much.

I did notice his back-flip on the sn0_man read because he disagreed with me but then later stole my exact argument. I'm a little torn on whether this is more likely a town move or scum move. It would be a puzzling move for scum to so blatantly contradict themselves, but at the same time his explanation of it from a townie perspective is equally puzzling to me.

Overall, I've noted that his posts have a tone of just being generally agreeable and he is just sort of being here in the thread, which I tend to associate with scum. Onegu has the same sort of feel but I get the same gut-town feel that you do -- Onegu feels more genuine to me and feels like he's trying to help.

Sylencia leaning scum I guess. Not as much as you though.



I'm feeling by a good margin that hopeless is the best lynch right now, but I want to give it a few more hours before making a post on him.

raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
August 29 2013 22:08 GMT
#550
Tutankoopa wanna lynch Sylencia?
table for two on a tv tray
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
August 29 2013 22:08 GMT
#551
On August 30 2013 07:05 sciberbia wrote:

I did notice his back-flip on the sn0_man read because he disagreed with me but then later stole my exact argument. I'm a little torn on whether this is more likely a town move or scum move. It would be a puzzling move for scum to so blatantly contradict themselves, but at the same time his explanation of it from a townie perspective is equally puzzling to me.



basically this lol
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Tutankoopa
Profile Joined August 2013
United States145 Posts
August 29 2013 22:11 GMT
#552
On August 30 2013 07:04 Hopeless1der wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2013 06:57 Hapahauli wrote:
@ Hopeless + TK

Where'd you both run off to?

Painting my room =\
K question for TK then. Why did you say only one of Yamato/me would be scum?


That was because of an interaction between you two on page 7. I wouldn't make a connection like this late in the game, but at the time it seemed reasonable enough. Keep in mind how early in the game my post was.

On August 30 2013 07:04 Hopeless1der wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2013 11:01 Tutankoopa wrote:
Bout to head out for a few hours. For now all that really bothers me is hopeless, yamato, and oats in that specific order. Everything else seems fairly harmless and I'm not seeing much scumminess in the rayn/scib/whoever debate. I'm worried about yamato because what he's posted so far could very easily be mafia taking a dump in the thread and throwing bad looks at people who smell his shit. There's nothing I can pinpoint in Hopeless' filter, but a few of his posts have given me weird vibes. I guess I'm not convinced that he really thinks I or anyone else could be mafia. I just now looked at Oat's filter and I was unable to see what I thought I saw earlier, so scratch him from my list.

My guess at who's mafia is 1 out of, but probably not both hopeless/yamato, and the rest are people that haven't posted.

Surely you have more than they're weird/shitting on the thread? More recent scumreads perhaps?
You never actually stated your own preference when asking Hapa about debears:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2013 05:29 Tutankoopa wrote:
You're obviously the worst person to ask this but would you have still unvoted debears about now had I not asked you that question?

What are your thoughts on debears atm?


I don't agree with much that he says, but I think he's being honest about it and I appreciate the effort he's put into the game post-drunkenness. I wouldn't say I've made up my mind that he's town, but he's never in the group of people I look at when I go filter-diving.
Tutankoopa
Profile Joined August 2013
United States145 Posts
August 29 2013 22:19 GMT
#553
On August 30 2013 07:08 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Tutankoopa wanna lynch Sylencia?


No. I already said earlier that his posts seem innocent enough.
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
August 29 2013 22:20 GMT
#554
On August 30 2013 07:19 Tutankoopa wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2013 07:08 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Tutankoopa wanna lynch Sylencia?


No. I already said earlier that his posts seem innocent enough.


What posts in particular seem "innocent?"

Also, what do you make of the contradiction I pointed out in his filter?
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=426387&currentpage=27#522
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Tutankoopa
Profile Joined August 2013
United States145 Posts
August 29 2013 22:20 GMT
#555
To clarify, I get the feeling that's he's doing this on his own and is therefore town. It's not the best explanation, but I'm not sure how else to express the "innocent" read.
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
August 29 2013 22:23 GMT
#556
On August 30 2013 07:20 Tutankoopa wrote:
To clarify, I get the feeling that's he's doing this on his own and is therefore town. It's not the best explanation, but I'm not sure how else to express the "innocent" read.


Yeah I'm not sure what you mean by this. Scum can definetely "play on their own" and don't necessarily take orders from their scum-buddies.

Does that mean you feel he's not playing with extra information? Is there anything specific you can point to?
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Tutankoopa
Profile Joined August 2013
United States145 Posts
August 29 2013 22:23 GMT
#557
On August 30 2013 07:20 Hapahauli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2013 07:19 Tutankoopa wrote:
On August 30 2013 07:08 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Tutankoopa wanna lynch Sylencia?


No. I already said earlier that his posts seem innocent enough.


What posts in particular seem "innocent?"

Also, what do you make of the contradiction I pointed out in his filter?
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=426387&currentpage=27#522


Are we attacking people for dropping contradictions? Yeah it's odd, but not much more than that. It's not even the most glaring of contradictions.
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
August 29 2013 22:25 GMT
#558
On August 30 2013 07:23 Tutankoopa wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2013 07:20 Hapahauli wrote:
On August 30 2013 07:19 Tutankoopa wrote:
On August 30 2013 07:08 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Tutankoopa wanna lynch Sylencia?


No. I already said earlier that his posts seem innocent enough.


What posts in particular seem "innocent?"

Also, what do you make of the contradiction I pointed out in his filter?
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=426387&currentpage=27#522


Are we attacking people for dropping contradictions? Yeah it's odd, but not much more than that. It's not even the most glaring of contradictions.


Contradictions aren't always scummy, but I think this one is. I really can't map out a town thought-process in what he did. It seems like he forgot he defended Sn0, then attacked him instead when pressed for reads.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Tutankoopa
Profile Joined August 2013
United States145 Posts
August 29 2013 22:27 GMT
#559
Yeah, I guess so. I'm not so sure about it now so I'd rather let him defend himself.

Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
August 29 2013 22:30 GMT
#560
TK, what do you make of Hopeless's tunnel on you. You've been the victim of it so far, but I'm somewhat surprised you haven't commented on your thoughts of his allignment yet.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Prev 1 26 27 28 29 30 150 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 14h 14m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3146
Soma 368
Rush 298
Killer 95
ToSsGirL 88
Mong 76
Shinee 53
Counter-Strike
olofmeister643
byalli626
ceh9554
shoxiejesuss522
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King111
Other Games
summit1g6442
Happy411
dupreeh258
Sick247
crisheroes165
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 39
• killerbeecast4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1184
• Stunt424
Upcoming Events
OSC
14h 14m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 1h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 8h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 10h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.