• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:20
CEST 07:20
KST 14:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202612Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9043 users

Aperture Mafia 2: Episode 2 - Page 166

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 164 165 166 167 168 243 Next
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
September 06 2013 17:03 GMT
#3301
On September 07 2013 02:00 debears wrote:
Anyways, until I get confirmation (I'm not getting modkilled again cuz of stupidity lol)

I only said I wasn't caught up within d1 when I hadn't been in the thread for 7 hours on the second half of day one (when there were a lot of new pages since it was the second half of day 1).

I repeatedly said, "I'm catching up and will post reads", and I caught up within 2 hours and posted my reads in organized fashion.

That is a completely different scenario here, where we have more players than desert, I started 56 pages of thread behind in a thread with almost 30 people. The thread grew so fast I couldn't keep up. Meanwhile, i was playing another game at the same time. And I won't be able to catch up

Here's my first post, and look at this game

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/edit.php?action=edit&post_id=1110&topic_id=424349&currentpage=56

You really expect me to catch up 56 pages in a 30 person game with the thread constantly growing while I was in another game? Slam couldn't do it

No i don't as i was in a same situation in this game aswell.
However, what you do not do, is to look at someone's vote on you (no matter how retared that is) and decide that guy is scum and the lynch is between you two.
table for two on a tv tray
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
September 06 2013 17:04 GMT
#3302
On September 07 2013 02:02 debears wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 07 2013 01:54 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On September 07 2013 01:51 debears wrote:
On September 07 2013 01:49 Clarity_nl wrote:
On September 07 2013 01:48 debears wrote:
4) OO's vote was pretty darn scumtastic, enough to the point where I believe he would be autolynched in nearly any game for what he said


So you're nirvana striking for towncred?


If I hit scum, towncred comes no?

to some degree at least. I'd rather be in a 1v1 rather than trying to organize a thread (looking into multiple other people) behind me since I have had so little thread presence. It makes my arguments more front and center

So you are all-inning when being an almost sure lynch after Slam dropped, while ont reading the thread and not being caught up. Yet you are sure enough OO is scum? What if he had claimed something that proves he is town before that?


Why would I try to lynch someone who has a legitimate town claim? If he had a legitimate, no doubts role claim I probably would cede myself at this point. The thing is, his claim is far from legitimate at this point.


I think his point is you gave him no chance. You seemed really certain that he's scum despite him not having claimed anything.
What if he DID have a legitimate townclaim, and he used it right after you nirvana strike, then you get lynched, yes?
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
debears
Profile Joined September 2012
United States2516 Posts
September 06 2013 17:04 GMT
#3303
On September 07 2013 01:56 austinmcc wrote:
Grrrr, that answer interesting. Figured I'd be set up for a mislynch due to inactivity earlier, and was watching for people who kind of limped in and found me scummy without much reasoning, or never really pushed it and just suddenly added me to some scumlist. If your read was based on my activity/thread presence, how does my sleeper cell stuff ease your mind?


Seems like you and stutters are playing pro town. Even if you were 3p, I'm not worried about you right now since you would most likely be playing pro-town.

And the reveal of the watchman stuff shows that you are both involved in some kind of circle that has much more info than I do. At this point I have to trust that someone in that circle is town and can distinguish between any town and non-town players in the circle
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
September 06 2013 17:05 GMT
#3304
I think that's aimed at rayn, but I can say that the scummy thing about your being behind isn't that you're not caught up, but that you're posting these unsupported reads WHILE being behind. When you pick an opportunistic suspicion in that scenario, it looks like you're being told who to go after in QT and playing towards a scum agenda.
Fe fi fo fum.
debears
Profile Joined September 2012
United States2516 Posts
September 06 2013 17:06 GMT
#3305
On September 07 2013 02:03 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 07 2013 02:00 debears wrote:
Anyways, until I get confirmation (I'm not getting modkilled again cuz of stupidity lol)

I only said I wasn't caught up within d1 when I hadn't been in the thread for 7 hours on the second half of day one (when there were a lot of new pages since it was the second half of day 1).

I repeatedly said, "I'm catching up and will post reads", and I caught up within 2 hours and posted my reads in organized fashion.

That is a completely different scenario here, where we have more players than desert, I started 56 pages of thread behind in a thread with almost 30 people. The thread grew so fast I couldn't keep up. Meanwhile, i was playing another game at the same time. And I won't be able to catch up

Here's my first post, and look at this game

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/edit.php?action=edit&post_id=1110&topic_id=424349&currentpage=56

You really expect me to catch up 56 pages in a 30 person game with the thread constantly growing while I was in another game? Slam couldn't do it

No i don't as i was in a same situation in this game aswell.
However, what you do not do, is to look at someone's vote on you (no matter how retared that is) and decide that guy is scum and the lynch is between you two.


His vote wasn't retarded. It was scummy as shit. And his claim makes no town sense with his vote either. It's also scummy the way he claimed and how he reserved his power instead of using it on lurkers early.
debears
Profile Joined September 2012
United States2516 Posts
September 06 2013 17:06 GMT
#3306
ebwop

apparently reserved his power.
debears
Profile Joined September 2012
United States2516 Posts
September 06 2013 17:09 GMT
#3307
On September 07 2013 02:05 austinmcc wrote:
I think that's aimed at rayn, but I can say that the scummy thing about your being behind isn't that you're not caught up, but that you're posting these unsupported reads WHILE being behind. When you pick an opportunistic suspicion in that scenario, it looks like you're being told who to go after in QT and playing towards a scum agenda.


The main question you should be looking at is this

1) Is OO scummy overall?
2) Was my reasoning for my vote on him solid and logical?
3) Does it make sense for me to nirvana strike at this point?
4) Does my nirvana strike on OO make sense at this point?
5) Do I look scummy overall?

Those 5 questions will tell you where to vote

I'd say 2-4 are pretty darn obvious yes's.

5's probably a yes, because apparently people think my scum meta is not posting at all and claiming I won't catch up all game (lol, as if I'm that bad at scum).

And number 1 is apparently a yes also.
debears
Profile Joined September 2012
United States2516 Posts
September 06 2013 17:09 GMT
#3308
I've been told not to discuss desert anymore by the host btw.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
September 06 2013 17:14 GMT
#3309

1) Is OO scummy overall?
2) Was my reasoning for my vote on him solid and logical?
3) Does it make sense for me to nirvana strike at this point?
4) Does my nirvana strike on OO make sense at this point?
5) Do I look scummy overall?

1) No
2) Where do you ever vote for OO?
3) not from town!pov.
4) see (3)
5) yes
table for two on a tv tray
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
September 06 2013 17:15 GMT
#3310
Abdicating defending yourself and nirvana striking right then does NOT feel solid/logical. Actually being in thread and posting like this seems solid and logical.

Ugh. Gonna go read OO deeper.

Risen, if you're around, wtf is this
On September 06 2013 14:22 Risen wrote:
OO is the lynch now. The fact that there's a 24 hour delay on his power and no 24 hour or beginning of day restriction on debears power is absurd, but we have to deal with it. If debears lives past 24 hrs OO was lying. If he dies well lets not waste a lynch on a confirmed death.
Fe fi fo fum.
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
September 06 2013 17:15 GMT
#3311
It's 3 and 4 that I am having issues with. If you were so sure OO would get lynched for that votepost, why even bother nirvana striking? You told me you didn't even consider it regarding austin (before you read the cell stuff)
What's different?
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
debears
Profile Joined September 2012
United States2516 Posts
September 06 2013 17:24 GMT
#3312
On September 07 2013 02:15 Clarity_nl wrote:
It's 3 and 4 that I am having issues with. If you were so sure OO would get lynched for that votepost, why even bother nirvana striking? You told me you didn't even consider it regarding austin (before you read the cell stuff)
What's different?


On September 05 2013 21:47 debears wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 05 2013 21:44 Clarity_nl wrote:
Here's the thing, if you were town why would you send me on such a wild goose chase?

Question for you though: Have you considered using your role ability that only puts you and your target up for lynch on austin? You were basically ready to die last cycle to kill geript, but you haven't mentioned that ability today yet?


I have considered it. I don't think I need it to lynch austin. The reason I wanted to use it on geript was the possibility that he could swap votes around again.

Show nested quote +
On September 05 2013 21:45 Clarity_nl wrote:
You also haven't cared to comment on the cell stuff, even though austin is in the middle of it.


and yet again. I haven't read that far yet


And I did the nirvana strike because
1) I'm certain that OO is scum
2) I want to get him lynched for towncred in a duel, seeing as the credit would be mine for his lynch
3) I want my arguments to be at the forefront, which they wouldn't necessarily be if everyone had spread out focus. The nirvana strike makes it impossible to spread out focus and puts us at the forefront
debears
Profile Joined September 2012
United States2516 Posts
September 06 2013 17:25 GMT
#3313
ebwop in addition to the aforementioned reasons i did it
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
September 06 2013 17:27 GMT
#3314
Why can't yuou get towncredit for telling people to vote for OO normally?
table for two on a tv tray
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
September 06 2013 17:27 GMT
#3315
Ok right you did say you considered it, bad memory. But notice with austin you said you didn't even need it to lynch austin, did you feel you needed it to lynch OO?
On September 07 2013 01:48 debears wrote:
4) OO's vote was pretty darn scumtastic, enough to the point where I believe he would be autolynched in nearly any game for what he said

This post implies no.
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
debears
Profile Joined September 2012
United States2516 Posts
September 06 2013 17:28 GMT
#3316
On September 07 2013 02:14 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +

1) Is OO scummy overall?
2) Was my reasoning for my vote on him solid and logical?
3) Does it make sense for me to nirvana strike at this point?
4) Does my nirvana strike on OO make sense at this point?
5) Do I look scummy overall?

1) No
2) Where do you ever vote for OO?
3) not from town!pov.
4) see (3)
5) yes


1) I'd love to hear how he isn't scummy when other people think so.
2) My nirvana strike was a vote in essense (I'm not gonna vote for myself)
3) How so? It makes sense to me seeing as I'd be a lynch candidate anyways and I believe he's scum
4) My nirvana strike on oo specifically makes sense since I think he's scum. Duh
5) Why? I have yet to see a legitimate reason to my scumminess.

The only thing anyone has been able to say is "you are lurking", which is not in tune to any meta of mine in any game. Hence, it is a null tell, and you are solely lynching me for lurking, which is anti-town.
debears
Profile Joined September 2012
United States2516 Posts
September 06 2013 17:29 GMT
#3317
On September 07 2013 02:27 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Why can't yuou get towncredit for telling people to vote for OO normally?


Shiao already voted him. My power makes it a black and white "I want him lynched" rather than some grey of "oh he just hopped on shiao's wagon".

Big difference
debears
Profile Joined September 2012
United States2516 Posts
September 06 2013 17:31 GMT
#3318
On September 07 2013 02:27 Clarity_nl wrote:
Ok right you did say you considered it, bad memory. But notice with austin you said you didn't even need it to lynch austin, did you feel you needed it to lynch OO?
Show nested quote +
On September 07 2013 01:48 debears wrote:
4) OO's vote was pretty darn scumtastic, enough to the point where I believe he would be autolynched in nearly any game for what he said

This post implies no.


I had been saying "lynch austin". Hadn't been saying it about OO. Shiao already had a vote on OO when OO scumvoted me

On September 07 2013 02:29 debears wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 07 2013 02:27 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Why can't yuou get towncredit for telling people to vote for OO normally?


Shiao already voted him. My power makes it a black and white "I want him lynched" rather than some grey of "oh he just hopped on shiao's wagon".

Big difference


so, by using my power, I get credit for his lynch, rather than a "wagon" claim by other or some other bullshit like that if I got him lynched.

Also, I had to use my power within 12 hours of lynch (or something like that).
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
September 06 2013 17:32 GMT
#3319
???????


On September 07 2013 02:31 debears wrote:
Also, I had to use my power within 12 hours of lynch (or something like that).



???????
Fe fi fo fum.
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
September 06 2013 17:34 GMT
#3320
Wow. Is it possible you're actually both scum? I don't understand why you care so much for appearances.
The OO lynch was clearly possible, and the reason you nirvana striked was so that you took the credit instead of shiaopi and no one would call you out for bussing?
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
Prev 1 164 165 166 167 168 243 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 188
Nina 120
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3552
Shuttle 1478
Sharp 367
Dewaltoss 89
Mong 84
Noble 9
Icarus 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm181
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King221
Other Games
summit1g7763
WinterStarcraft546
C9.Mang0265
Sick142
ViBE95
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 38
• StrangeGG 11
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki27
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2260
League of Legends
• Lourlo1132
• Stunt378
Other Games
• Shiphtur448
Upcoming Events
OSC
17h 41m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 4h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 11h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 13h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.