• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:03
CEST 18:03
KST 01:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8944 users

Aperture Mafia 2: Episode 2 - Page 10

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All
Cephiro
Profile Joined May 2011
Finland1934 Posts
September 09 2013 20:21 GMT
#4280
On September 10 2013 05:16 austinmcc wrote:
Cephiro, specific question.

Why give Zentor an item if you want him dead?


This is answered in my upcoming response, I will quote a part of it:

"2. I wanted to hear what Zentor claimed to do N3, as well as his reaction to using my item. Knowing what item I gave him, his reaction doesn't make any sense. Scales tipped over in favour of shooting him, so I wanted Hiro to kill him.

Explaining my item giving more in-detail:
If I ended up deciding Zentor was scum: HiroPro would kill Zentor with the crusher and thus gain the item, enabling my plan to continue as I wanted it to. (Unless Hiro & Zentor both wanted to disobey / fuck me up, then that would've sucked big time.)
If I ended up deciding Zentor was town: HiroPro would have used the crusher on another target of my choice, and Zentor would have used the other item and lived on happily.
I considered outcomes, and decided that the risk of worst-case scenario was small enough for the profits to be worth it."
Cephiro
Profile Joined May 2011
Finland1934 Posts
September 09 2013 20:24 GMT
#4283
Also you are not going to lynch HiroPro unless you want to mess with my plan on purpose. Which is not a very pro-town thing to do.
Cephiro
Profile Joined May 2011
Finland1934 Posts
September 09 2013 20:29 GMT
#4288
On September 10 2013 05:26 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 10 2013 05:24 Cephiro wrote:
Also you are not going to lynch HiroPro unless you want to mess with my plan on purpose. Which is not a very pro-town thing to do.

Now how does this mess with your plan?

I should tell you because?

I don't understand why you are constantly trying to get everyone to claim their roles and reveal what they do. It's like you want every single piece of information to be all in the open (at least those of your choice), which I can't understand why someone would do that as town. It's not making you look good in my eyes at all.
Cephiro
Profile Joined May 2011
Finland1934 Posts
September 09 2013 20:32 GMT
#4290
Also random thing I just noticed: Everywhere it says 15 players are alive and there are 8 required for majority. I calculate 16 players alive (VE is considered alive no?). Is this a mistake by mods or is this on purpose?
Cephiro
Profile Joined May 2011
Finland1934 Posts
September 09 2013 20:35 GMT
#4292
On September 10 2013 05:31 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Because pretty much everyone has claimed their roles already.
You are saying we should not lynch one of the main candidates because of "Cephiro's plan is ruined", you don't want to tell the plan, you are not giving us nothing. That is pro-town right?


I see that me, clarity, random, hiro, felkyr and axlegreaser have not claimed roles. That's more than a third of the remaining players. I'm not telling you the plan because I don't want scum messing with it. I fail to see how that is pro-town? Obviously my actions so far have been quite pro-town, no?

I've given town all I've could so far, and I'm trying to give more, yet you want that not to happen? I don't see why Hiro is one of the main candidates anyway.
Cephiro
Profile Joined May 2011
Finland1934 Posts
September 09 2013 20:58 GMT
#4312
On September 09 2013 23:18 WaveofShadow wrote:
Cephiro, did your plan hinge on Hiro being town in order to work, or is it possible for you to have simply given a nuke to scum to use on another townie?


I find it extremely unlikely that he is scum and used it on a townie. We'll see what Zentor flips soon enough, although I'm fairly certain it will be red. There are reasons I took this risk which I won't delve further into, but by the way he acted and used it to my request, I think I played my cards fairly well.

On September 10 2013 00:14 Stutters695 wrote:
3p is town for all intents and purposes unless we determine they're wincon revolves around killing.


I do not agree with the above statement.

On September 10 2013 00:54 Clarity_nl wrote:
Cephiro why give the crusher to hiro instead of using it yourself?


Think about the most obvious reason you wouldn't use a KP given to you. (Hint: I couldn't use it. The amount of facepalm was strong.)

Austinmcc long post about Cephiro being up to BULLSHEET

I cba to put all the formatting right so I will respond like this.

1. Why I did not use the crusher myself was simply because I couldn't. (As said above.)
2. I wanted to hear what Zentor claimed to do N3, as well as his reaction to using my item. Knowing what item I gave him, his reaction doesn't make any sense. Scales tipped over in favour of shooting him, so I wanted Hiro to kill him.

Explaining my item giving more in-detail:
If I ended up deciding Zentor was scum: HiroPro would kill Zentor with the crusher and thus gain the item, enabling my plan to continue as I wanted it to. (Unless Hiro & Zentor both wanted to disobey / fuck me up, then that would've sucked big time.)
If I ended up deciding Zentor was town: HiroPro would have used the crusher on another target of my choice, and Zentor would have used the other item and lived on happily.
I considered outcomes, and decided that the risk of worst-case scenario was small enough for the profits to be worth it.

3. No N1 shot because I could not shoot N1.
4. I couldn't even get Oats or Vayne lynched as much as I pushed for them, why would the scum shoot someone that is of no threat? Of course they wouldn't know my abilities, and I think they were just counting on saving me for a later mislynch. But I will confirm I have not been informed of a single roleblock, shot, or protection on me.

On September 10 2013 01:11 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Cephiro can you confirm this? What did Hiro do on N1?


I have not the slightest idea. I doubt anyone but himself knows.


About my plan: Most of it has been done, but I won't go into details about what will still happen. One thing I can share which anyone already knows by reading, Hiro will gain item X by killing Zentor, and I want him to use it N4.

About my role: I could not shoot on N1. I will not claim anything further about my role.

General stuff: Why all the rolefishing?

Caught up pretty much. At the moment I would most preferably lynch Axle.
Cephiro
Profile Joined May 2011
Finland1934 Posts
September 09 2013 21:00 GMT
#4314
On September 10 2013 05:54 randombum wrote:
Ceph, can you clarify something for me, you gave a kp to hiro under the assumption he would do what you said? Do you have 100% faith hiro is town?


Yup. He was my most certain townread at that time, so obviously I would give the kp to him. I am 99.9% certain he is town or pro-town 3P.
Cephiro
Profile Joined May 2011
Finland1934 Posts
September 09 2013 21:00 GMT
#4315
EBWOP: ##Vote Axle
Cephiro
Profile Joined May 2011
Finland1934 Posts
September 09 2013 21:02 GMT
#4319
On September 10 2013 06:00 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Okay Cephiro's plan makes no fucking sense. In case Hiro is scum and Zentor is town scum just nuked a townie and got another item and Cephiro is the one to blame.


Yup. That is indeed the case. Would you like to suggest a better way of action I could have gone with?
Cephiro
Profile Joined May 2011
Finland1934 Posts
September 09 2013 21:05 GMT
#4321
So you think I should die because I think Hiro is town? Oh god. Thank god you're a 3P and not town, I'd hate you even more for that otherwise.
Cephiro
Profile Joined May 2011
Finland1934 Posts
September 09 2013 21:09 GMT
#4326
On September 10 2013 06:06 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Okay, sorry Risen for losing my temper, but you are not helping atm.
Cephiro why do you have such a strong town read on Hiro?


I know his play certainly hasn't been the most pro-town, but I still see posts that are aimed for the best of town every once a while. He seemed like someone I could trust to do what I wanted, and he did exactly that. (And I'm expecting him to continue as I instructed.) Sure, he could be scum that is just owning me like a fool, but I think once Zentor flips we'll see more into that. If Zentor flips scum as I assume he will, it is extremely unlikely for Hiro to be scum (although it still is an possibility.)

At the moment I am believing him very much to be town, with the small possibility of being some kind of 3P playing pro-town or town-wincon.
Cephiro
Profile Joined May 2011
Finland1934 Posts
September 09 2013 21:13 GMT
#4329
On September 10 2013 06:07 austinmcc wrote:
(1) Not giving items to people you think might be scum - We're in a big themed game. We've already had someone RESURRECT. Your plan, if Zentor was scum, was to have someone openly announce in the thread that they were going to kill him at the end of the cycle. If Zentor was scum and a vet, if scum had another dayvig, if scum had a roleblock during day, if scum had all sorts of stuff, then EVEN IF Zentor was scum, your plan ends up with him having an item when he otherwise wouldn't.


As mentioned before, I took a calculated risk. Just like I did with my N2 and N3 shots. One hit town, one hit scum. You can't be afraid of using what you can unless it is extremely likely to backfire. I found this plan most likely to succeed.

I could have given item X to someone else than Zentor, yes. But giving this item to Zentor gave me a much further read onto him depending on his reaction. I could have tried to find some other townread to give it to, but it wouldn't have got me the results I wanted.
Cephiro
Profile Joined May 2011
Finland1934 Posts
September 09 2013 21:15 GMT
#4331
On September 10 2013 06:13 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Okay so, Cephiro, what is the follow up for the plan? Another kill?


As mentioned before, I am not revealing the follow-up. A lot of things will happen sooner or later.
Cephiro
Profile Joined May 2011
Finland1934 Posts
September 09 2013 21:18 GMT
#4336
He did it pretty much as instantly as possible. As I mentioned before, it is possible for them both to be scum, but if Zentor flips scum as I expect, I find it extremely unlikely for Hiro to be scum.

First of all, he did instantly just as I wanted.
Second of all, if they were both scum, they'd have two powerful items they could have used against town, which is not a bad option either.

We'll be seeing the flip soon enough and it should tell us quite a bit.
Cephiro
Profile Joined May 2011
Finland1934 Posts
September 09 2013 21:19 GMT
#4337
F5ing the page constantly as I was doing that, it was far less than a minute. I would say about 20 seconds at most, although of course you won't be able to check the seconds of the post.
Cephiro
Profile Joined May 2011
Finland1934 Posts
September 09 2013 21:27 GMT
#4353
On September 10 2013 06:25 Risen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 10 2013 06:22 Risen wrote:
Prior to this you warmed him up to it by saying "It has to be done instantly." So he probably knew he'd have to potentially use it on a teammate and they had probably already discussed that he would get max town cred from using it instantly as instructed.

Town Cephiro isn't stupid, and I'm not the smartest person to ever play this game. This is three year old logic and not pointing it out is scummy as shit. So scum team MrZ, Cephiro, Hiro?


[image loading]


I can't describe my feelings with words alone. Obviously I must have shot one scumbuddy, gave items to two others, just so that the second one could kill the third one with that item.
Cephiro
Profile Joined May 2011
Finland1934 Posts
September 09 2013 21:28 GMT
#4357
EBWOP: I fail at linking pictures -_-
Cephiro
Profile Joined May 2011
Finland1934 Posts
September 09 2013 21:34 GMT
#4362
On September 10 2013 06:28 Risen wrote:
Expand on that, please. You're the distant third scum read I have right now, and it's only because I can't fathom town Cephiro being so incompetent.


Under your assumption the scumteam is Cephiro/MrZentor/HiroPro:

So you're saying that I would have shot Coagulation (scum), given two items publicly to 2 other scum teammates, only to tell HiroPro to kill Zentor with the item, to gain them both, thus leaving only me and HiroPro alive with one item.

#YOLO #BestScumPlayEver

I'm not going further into this topic, I hope you understand how retarded that is. If you consider me a smart player, and like most people here know I'm better as scum than town, I think you can see I'd never do that if I was scum.
Cephiro
Profile Joined May 2011
Finland1934 Posts
September 09 2013 21:39 GMT
#4367
In that case, either WaveOfShadow or the killer of VayneAuthority would have that item. I have not seen Wave claiming it, I do not believe he has one. I assume scum killed Vayne, I am sure they would have used the item already. I would have used mine instantly on D3 if I could have. Thus, we can safely assume Zentor flips.
Cephiro
Profile Joined May 2011
Finland1934 Posts
September 09 2013 21:42 GMT
#4373
On September 10 2013 06:40 austinmcc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 10 2013 06:39 Cephiro wrote:
In that case, either WaveOfShadow or the killer of VayneAuthority would have that item. I have not seen Wave claiming it, I do not believe he has one. I assume scum killed Vayne, I am sure they would have used the item already. I would have used mine instantly on D3 if I could have. Thus, we can safely assume Zentor flips.
Wat?

How do you know who Koshi gave items to? Did I miss something?



.... I CAN'T EVEN BELIEVE THIS SHIT. Because I got the Crusher from him, according to his role the other person should be right next to me. READ FOR GOD'S SAKE. I don't understand how you bring that theory up but won't even think it through. Either he gave it to just me (which I assume to be correct), or then the other scenario I told above.
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM711
IndyStarCraft 170
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 711
Reynor 340
ByuN 263
TKL 263
IndyStarCraft 170
Railgan 78
BRAT_OK 43
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 55913
Bisu 2899
Calm 2418
FanTaSy 885
Stork 604
Rush 462
hero 317
firebathero 170
actioN 135
Sharp 99
[ Show more ]
Sea.KH 53
Free 51
ToSsGirL 37
Mong 34
Pusan 30
soO 26
Rock 25
Hm[arnc] 19
Sexy 18
Terrorterran 18
Aegong 16
HiyA 16
Noble 13
Sacsri 11
scan(afreeca) 9
IntoTheRainbow 8
Dota 2
Gorgc10249
Dendi1047
Counter-Strike
fl0m4547
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King91
Heroes of the Storm
MindelVK5
Other Games
singsing2156
Liquid`RaSZi1565
B2W.Neo749
olofmeister695
Beastyqt641
Khaldor491
Mlord490
KnowMe318
crisheroes127
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV267
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 7
• Hinosc 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
• Reevou 0
StarCraft: Brood War
• FT.aCt)Sony5
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV519
League of Legends
• Nemesis3283
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1534
Other Games
• Shiphtur450
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 57m
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 57m
OSC
6h 57m
Replay Cast
6h 57m
OSC
19h 57m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 18h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.