Please read the entire thread before signing up. Thank you.
* Ange777 will be co-hosting this game. Please ensure you send all night actions to both her and myself.
*There are no coaches in this game.
Gold Rush Micro Mafia
+ Show Spoiler [Important Posts] +
herpa derpa derpa
Mafia is an educated guessing game of epic proportions. The objective of the game is to lynch or kill all mafia members before they outnumber the rest of the town. It's much like a game of poker because mafia members are also part of the town during the day and may manipulate the vote to their liking. If the mafia at any time outnumber or equal the townspeople, they win. The town's goal is to lynch all the members of the mafia.
The game is typically very active, so the thread will get big quickly. However, it is essential to read the thread to play the game. If you do not have the time or patience to read the whole thread, do not play. I will not compensate for ignorance.
Cheating includes (but is not limited to):
1. Posting after death. You may have one polite goodbye post, but it may not contain any potentially game-changing information.
2. Ruining the game by doing something like hand out your mafia's member list to the town.
3. Logging on to someone else's account to get their role or looking over someone's shoulder to get their role.
4. Comparing role PM times to determine roles.
5. Posting screenshots of your inbox.
6. Posting or sharing any PM you receive from a host.
7. Getting yourself modkilled to help your team. Your non-majority-decided death may not be used as a bargaining chip.
8. Signing up more than once using smurf accounts.
9. Betting items outside of the game in exchange for in-game benefits.
10. Sharing accounts with other players unless cleared by the host in advance. Otherwise, only you may post on your account.
Cheating is not tolerated here. The punishment will be severe.
This is mod font. It is reserved for moderators. Please do not use it.
Rules specific to this game are also shown in blue text in this thread.
This is question font. Use it to ask the moderators questions about the rules. Please do us a favor and read the rules before you ask anything.
You must post in this thread at least once per 24 hours during the day while you are alive. I'll probably try to warn you first, but if you fail to follow activity rules, you will be inactivity modkilled. This is a fast game. Be fast. If you are inactivity modkilled, I will be very angry >:|
Try to stay on-topic while playing
If you want to smurf, ask me.
If you want to Hydra, ask me.
There are no spam rules this game.
Editing is not allowed for any reason. Editing is not allowed. You get one (1) warning for editing. After that, you will be modkilled. Sorry ;_; but as Tupac would tell you that's just the way it is (nanana, nanana, nanana that's just the way it is nanana nanana nanana things will never be the same)
If you want to post something insulting or inappropriate and know the TL mods would have a problem with it elsewhere, don't post it here. If you do, a host will warn you or modkill you and request that you be banned from future games. The hosts have the final say on what is inappropriate. If you do not like how someone is talking to you, please PM a host, Flamewheel, or Mig before involving the TL staff. If you are unsatisfied with how the situation is resolved, then you can appeal to the TL staff normally. Stuff like "this argument is dumb because XYZ" is fine. Stuff like "you are doing ABC, which is dumb" or "you're dumb if you do ABC" is mostly fine. Stuff like "you're dumb. lolooloooo" is not fine. I'm very verbal about people getting out of line, so if you cross the line I will let you know.
The report button is a nice feature for regular TL, but not for this forum. We prefer to deal with things in house if possible to avoid confusion among the TL staff. If you have a problem with how someone is posting, talk to the host, co-host, Flamewheel, or Mig before using your report button. Please do not use your report button for anything other than inappropriate posts which you feel are not being dealt with adequately.
Please wait until this game is over to talk about modkills and bans resulting from this game.
Play to win.
This means you play your best to help your team win while you are alive and in the game. If you're not playing to win I will modkill you. But this won't be a problem, because if you don't want to win you can just not sign up k?
This also means that you cannot leave the game without a good reason without a ban. These situations will be dealt with on a case by case basis. This is a tiny game though so if you leave it it will ruin it for others.
You have been warned! bwahahaha
1. Voting is done in the game thread. Do not PM me your vote.
2. Please vote in the following format: ##Vote DoYouHas. Votes not done in the correct fashion will not be counted. I will update vote counts whenever I get the chance.
3. No conditional voting.
4. You may NOT vote for yourself. You may not vote for anyone dead or outside the game-- or rather, such votes will not count.
4.5. You can't vote for a no-lynch if you want to.
5. This game follows an instant simple majority lynch. The instant a player has the majority of votes on him, the day ends. So if there are 8 players you need 5 to lynch, if there are 7 players you need 4 to lynch.
6. Voting by the end of a mandated cycle is mandatory. If the day ends due to a lynch, it's okay to not have voted.
7. Once a majority has been reached, please do not post until the night-post.
Anyone may sign up for this game, but there are two conditions. 1: you must be clearly capable of playing in an Instant Majority Lynch game, either by having played one before, or by having played in several games of mafia before-- and 2: you must promise to live up the spirit of this game in terms of how you play. You must have fun!
This is an open-invite game. Anyone is welcome!
This game follows the TL Mafia Ban List. If you are modkilled, your punishment will go beyond being eliminated from this game. Please refer to it for questions about your punishment. If you want to use this game to sit out your ban, please PM Flamewheel or post in the Ban List, and also type /sitout in the thread here.
I love replacements, but I hope never to use them. There is one replacement slot for this game. Replacement can happen only during the first day, and only during the first 24 hours of that day. Due to the high-speed, low-size nature of this game any inactivity modkill after the 24-hour-mark will result in a standard ban. My normal leniency will not be present.
There are no clues.
PMs are not allowed in this game.
This game will follow a silent, deadline-less night/deadline-less day cycle. The day lasts until a majority is reached. If enough time passes without a majority being lynched, I will post in the thread and state a deadline for a no-lynch in order to prevent horrible 3-week-long days where nothing happens. If a day happens to be long but discussion is still moving, I will not do this. The night lasts until all night actions are in and I get around to the day post. You may not post at night.
Thanks to anyone who has ever hosted a game. This list grows ever longer. Special thanks to vaderseven for going over this setup with me. Also thanks to Probulous since I stole this OP from him and modified it to my nefarious needs. Also also thanks to Ange777 for helping me with the setup, and for co-hosting.
If you have not read all the rules, go back and do so. I might give you candy.
I am open to questions any time. If something doesn't make sense, please ask.