• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:38
CEST 15:38
KST 22:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9334 users

GoT Mafia: Lords and Liars - Page 66

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 64 65 66 67 68 234 Next
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22415 Posts
August 09 2013 18:13 GMT
#1301
On August 10 2013 02:53 Sharrant wrote:

Hey, Vivax, you're the perfect one to answer this. You actually hydra'ed with Kush. The question was whether Kush says 'fags' normally. Does he? You would know much better than I.



I can only tell you that Kush likes the word ANAL. I prefer not having to draw conclusions from someone using specific derogative terms. You could let him do a IAT with town-scum categories and have him post the results here, that would be serious shit.

Is there anyone specific you're trying to present to your lord for lynching?
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
August 09 2013 18:13 GMT
#1302
Is jrkirby really scum?

On August 09 2013 06:11 jrkirby wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 09 2013 05:46 s0Lstice wrote:
My discussions with Dandel had me leaning town on him. Like I've been telling both Chrom and Dandel though, I really am not comfortable with Dandel as a lord until I am completely sure he is town. As scum, Dandel knows he will be caught. He will therefore have no qualms about using our house abilities (the KP, the one-shot HP check) in a way that is incriminating as he is going to be lynched or vigged anyway. The hypothetical I layed out was that he'd blow our HP check and shoot the towniest dude in the thread. These are things that would probably be traced back to him in the future, but again it's not gonna matter. Just a total waste of our first cycle abilities. At the time, I had to assume that house KP could even be strong enough to kill someone. So thats another strike. A typical scum player is not trying to be obv scum and therefore is unlikely to be so cavalier with these. The risk of scum Dandel trolling his way to the lynch block and me being wrong with my early town read made him unelectable to me for the first cycle.


Ok, you're leaning town on him, but your afraid of electing him because electing him will allow us to know for sure if he's scum?

Is anyone else thinking this logic is dumb? Catching a guaranteed scum for giving mafia an extra KP and HP check is totally worth it. And you didn't even think that was likely. So... why not vote for him?

+ Show Spoiler +
I just got caught up on the thread.


"Apathetic" isn't a good word for his (rare) posts. He seems to be more like... Unsure of himself. That can be newb scum, but newb town as well.

Null would fit him better than scummy IMO.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Oberyn
Profile Joined December 2011
United Kingdom508 Posts
August 09 2013 18:14 GMT
#1303
Does anyone disagree with the Lords splitting the house kp between 2 targets with 3 kp a piece?
Oberyn was ever the viper. Deadly, dangerous, unpredictable. No man dared tread on him.
Oberyn
Profile Joined December 2011
United Kingdom508 Posts
August 09 2013 18:14 GMT
#1304
On August 10 2013 03:13 Xatalos wrote:
Is jrkirby really scum?


I'd be opposed to his lynch right now.
Oberyn was ever the viper. Deadly, dangerous, unpredictable. No man dared tread on him.
Sharrant
Profile Joined August 2012
Canada543 Posts
August 09 2013 18:14 GMT
#1305
On August 10 2013 03:09 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Now that the experiment is apparently over, Sharrant, can you finally tell me where have i twisted anyone´s words in this game?


Your conversation with Acrofales. At least at a glance it felt exactly like what happened when we played last. You saying Acrofales was going to use the house health check, seems very much like that. I don't think Acrofales has ever had any intention of using the house health check.

Perhaps using "twisting" was the wrong word. I know the problem we had was a lot of misunderstandings. For this to come up in another game doesn't surprise me with anothe rplayer does not surprise me.
Oberyn
Profile Joined December 2011
United Kingdom508 Posts
August 09 2013 18:15 GMT
#1306
On August 10 2013 03:14 Sharrant wrote:
I don't think Acrofales has ever had any intention of using the house health check.


Acro told me that he informed you that he intended to use his hp check and hadn't heard back.
Oberyn was ever the viper. Deadly, dangerous, unpredictable. No man dared tread on him.
Oberyn
Profile Joined December 2011
United Kingdom508 Posts
August 09 2013 18:16 GMT
#1307
On August 10 2013 03:15 Oberyn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 10 2013 03:14 Sharrant wrote:
I don't think Acrofales has ever had any intention of using the house health check.


Acro told me that he informed you that he intended to use his hp check and hadn't heard back.


In fact, I think you were the one he said that talked him out of it.
Oberyn was ever the viper. Deadly, dangerous, unpredictable. No man dared tread on him.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
August 09 2013 18:16 GMT
#1308
On August 10 2013 03:14 Sharrant wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 10 2013 03:09 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Now that the experiment is apparently over, Sharrant, can you finally tell me where have i twisted anyone´s words in this game?


Your conversation with Acrofales. At least at a glance it felt exactly like what happened when we played last. You saying Acrofales was going to use the house health check, seems very much like that. I don't think Acrofales has ever had any intention of using the house health check.

Perhaps using "twisting" was the wrong word. I know the problem we had was a lot of misunderstandings. For this to come up in another game doesn't surprise me with anothe rplayer does not surprise me.

If you are serious with the bolded part you have clearly not read the thread.
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
August 09 2013 18:17 GMT
#1309
lol, os aCrofales has TOLD you Sharrant that he is intending to use the HP check?!?!?!

wtf are you doing man?
table for two on a tv tray
Sharrant
Profile Joined August 2012
Canada543 Posts
August 09 2013 18:18 GMT
#1310
On August 10 2013 03:16 Oberyn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 10 2013 03:15 Oberyn wrote:
On August 10 2013 03:14 Sharrant wrote:
I don't think Acrofales has ever had any intention of using the house health check.


Acro told me that he informed you that he intended to use his hp check and hadn't heard back.


In fact, I think you were the one he said that talked him out of it.


Ah, gotcha. See, to me he just asked my opinions about it. I didn't realize he had been considering it before. Yes, that makes sense then.

Apologies, Rayne.
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
August 09 2013 18:19 GMT
#1311
On August 10 2013 03:18 Sharrant wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 10 2013 03:16 Oberyn wrote:
On August 10 2013 03:15 Oberyn wrote:
On August 10 2013 03:14 Sharrant wrote:
I don't think Acrofales has ever had any intention of using the house health check.


Acro told me that he informed you that he intended to use his hp check and hadn't heard back.


In fact, I think you were the one he said that talked him out of it.


Ah, gotcha. See, to me he just asked my opinions about it. I didn't realize he had been considering it before. Yes, that makes sense then.

Apologies, Rayne.

wait im confused
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
August 09 2013 18:20 GMT
#1312
Okay, i gotta go for couple of hours. I´ll be back.
table for two on a tv tray
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22415 Posts
August 09 2013 18:20 GMT
#1313
On August 09 2013 22:47 Oberyn wrote:

jrkirby hasn't set off any red flags yet in PMs, though similar to Acro, I question how they come to the both town conclusion so easily. In this case, I'd be more suspicious of Acro, rather than kirby due to experience. Kirby is going to find himself shot if he's not posting in the thread more though.


On August 10 2013 03:14 Oberyn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 10 2013 03:13 Xatalos wrote:
Is jrkirby really scum?


I'd be opposed to his lynch right now.


He did not post more.
You don't want to shoot him.

I know of him that he's a newbie and as such he might not know how to play most efficiently, and what the game's "meta" is, but I don't really like how you argue about his alignment.

When you don't know how they reach the conclusion, you simply base it on their experience if it's scummy or not.
Then you only try to judge kirby on the amount of his posts, but also say "he's going to find himself shot". You make it sound as if you wouldn't want to be the guy pulling the trigger but could understand if someone did.

He didn't post more, but now you openly oppose it.

If you got any extended read from your PMs with him it would be the time to share it, and an opinion from you on his in-thread post would help as well.

If you had to shoot someone right now, who would it be?
Sharrant
Profile Joined August 2012
Canada543 Posts
August 09 2013 18:22 GMT
#1314
On August 10 2013 03:19 iamperfection wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 10 2013 03:18 Sharrant wrote:
On August 10 2013 03:16 Oberyn wrote:
On August 10 2013 03:15 Oberyn wrote:
On August 10 2013 03:14 Sharrant wrote:
I don't think Acrofales has ever had any intention of using the house health check.


Acro told me that he informed you that he intended to use his hp check and hadn't heard back.


In fact, I think you were the one he said that talked him out of it.


Ah, gotcha. See, to me he just asked my opinions about it. I didn't realize he had been considering it before. Yes, that makes sense then.

Apologies, Rayne.

wait im confused


Okay, I looked back through the PM's. I was wrong, he did state he originally wanted to use it on a house to check the HP values. I forgot about that because of how quickly he agreed that it was a bad idea. I just forgot, plain as that.

Sharrant
Profile Joined August 2012
Canada543 Posts
August 09 2013 18:24 GMT
#1315
Yamato, are you around somewhere?
Oberyn
Profile Joined December 2011
United Kingdom508 Posts
August 09 2013 18:24 GMT
#1316
On August 10 2013 03:20 Vivax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 09 2013 22:47 Oberyn wrote:

jrkirby hasn't set off any red flags yet in PMs, though similar to Acro, I question how they come to the both town conclusion so easily. In this case, I'd be more suspicious of Acro, rather than kirby due to experience. Kirby is going to find himself shot if he's not posting in the thread more though.


Show nested quote +
On August 10 2013 03:14 Oberyn wrote:
On August 10 2013 03:13 Xatalos wrote:
Is jrkirby really scum?


I'd be opposed to his lynch right now.


He did not post more.
You don't want to shoot him.

I know of him that he's a newbie and as such he might not know how to play most efficiently, and what the game's "meta" is, but I don't really like how you argue about his alignment.

When you don't know how they reach the conclusion, you simply base it on their experience if it's scummy or not.
Then you only try to judge kirby on the amount of his posts, but also say "he's going to find himself shot". You make it sound as if you wouldn't want to be the guy pulling the trigger but could understand if someone did.

He didn't post more, but now you openly oppose it.

If you got any extended read from your PMs with him it would be the time to share it, and an opinion from you on his in-thread post would help as well.

If you had to shoot someone right now, who would it be?


jrkirby has recently informed me that he has internet problems. I don't have such an anti-town read that I'd want to lynch him over everyone else.

If I had to shoot, it would probably be yamato. With a lynch between Acro/sol.

Oberyn was ever the viper. Deadly, dangerous, unpredictable. No man dared tread on him.
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
August 09 2013 18:26 GMT
#1317
alright im out for a while

ill be on tonight and will try to stay up late for lynch
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22415 Posts
August 09 2013 18:39 GMT
#1318

On a side note, I mentioned to Acro that I was going to make a case against yamato and was wondering if he would be willing to support me. After being afk in PMs for the first 48 hours, yamato suddenly opens up and is interested in talking. He also feels necessary to call me town and post in the thread explaining his inactivity. I don't want to make a connection read without either player flipped, but it is something to consider later on.


Oberyn, can you tell me more about this yammo stuff?
What's his explanation of inactivity we don't see in the thread?
What do you think makes yammo scum exactly?
Cause you wanna shoot him but I see no case, which you announced you would make.

I'm mainly curious about it cause both yammo and kirby seem to have rl reasons for their inactivity and you present jkirby's reasons and buy them but keep the yammo matter rather under the rug.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22415 Posts
August 09 2013 18:39 GMT
#1319
Brb later
Oberyn
Profile Joined December 2011
United Kingdom508 Posts
August 09 2013 18:53 GMT
#1320
On August 10 2013 03:39 Vivax wrote:
Show nested quote +

On a side note, I mentioned to Acro that I was going to make a case against yamato and was wondering if he would be willing to support me. After being afk in PMs for the first 48 hours, yamato suddenly opens up and is interested in talking. He also feels necessary to call me town and post in the thread explaining his inactivity. I don't want to make a connection read without either player flipped, but it is something to consider later on.


What's his explanation of inactivity we don't see in the thread?


He just said I haven't had time and then last night he said he was watching dota, but would be around all night.

On August 10 2013 03:39 Vivax wrote:
I'm mainly curious about it cause both yammo and kirby seem to have rl reasons for their inactivity and you present jkirby's reasons and buy them but keep the yammo matter rather under the rug.


kirby seems to have a legitimate excuse, while yamato does not.

kirby was also willing to discuss things in pms on n0 while yamato was not.

Essentially yamato made no effort to try to determine my alignment on n0. He asked once for us to vote for him (I'm pretty sure he only asked 2/3 of us) and then randomly decided to vote for me.

I asked him several questions and he said the Lord vote is the only thing that matters. He pushed off my questions until later, yet never attempted to discuss the Lord voting in much detail.

I asked him about the DI/koshi/sol situation and he wanted to wait and see, but he disagreed with my vote on sol so early. He has only given me one potential scum read, which is S&B, yet he hasn't mentioned him in the thread.

He has never mentioned oats to me in pms or attempted to convince me to vote for him.

He has only one talking point and that came early, early on in the game. I informed him that I was upset with his inactivity, he promised to return to the thread, and he never did.

Oberyn was ever the viper. Deadly, dangerous, unpredictable. No man dared tread on him.
Prev 1 64 65 66 67 68 234 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
IntoTheiNu 1470
WardiTV739
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech124
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 6331
Bisu 2574
Jaedong 1048
EffOrt 599
Horang2 404
Mini 363
actioN 297
ggaemo 213
ZerO 201
Larva 196
[ Show more ]
Mind 97
Pusan 84
Yoon 79
Shinee 68
Sharp 62
Snow 62
Bale 54
hero 52
Barracks 52
Hyun 51
Dewaltoss 48
ToSsGirL 40
sorry 40
NotJumperer 22
Sacsri 20
scan(afreeca) 17
Trap 12
Noble 10
zelot 10
NaDa 9
Icarus 9
Rock 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Terrorterran 5
Dota 2
Gorgc4058
qojqva1847
Dendi1009
Counter-Strike
markeloff90
Other Games
olofmeister1158
hiko841
B2W.Neo610
Lowko356
crisheroes302
DeMusliM242
Pyrionflax192
Livibee163
Hui .136
Liquid`VortiX115
XBOCT99
QueenE86
Mew2King63
ZerO(Twitch)10
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream43
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 52
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 14
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV712
League of Legends
• Jankos2000
• Nemesis1865
• TFBlade470
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
10h 22m
Patches Events
1d 2h
The PondCast
1d 20h
INu's Battles
1d 21h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.