• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:28
CEST 10:28
KST 17:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion BW General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11169 users

GoT Mafia: Lords and Liars - Page 5

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
August 15 2013 18:03 GMT
#3293
okay back to my job
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
August 15 2013 21:08 GMT
#3424
[/quote]
On August 16 2013 04:44 Acrofales wrote:
Fuck it. I've reread strongandbig's filter and I think he's scum.

Name claiming

Lets start with the whole Clarity thing. I didn't like how it got blown up into a giant problem, but didn't really think much of it. However, rereading it seems somewhat scummy to nameclaim like that. Scum (at least some of them) have townie names, as evidenced by Yamato flipping Doran Martell. If, at the start of the game, you can gain some town credit by nameclaiming, this seems like a pretty good idea. If scum have some kind of KP that relies on nameclaiming, then it makes it a fucking excellent idea.

This was the reason I was a bit suspicious of johnnywup at the start of the game. Nameclaiming is simply not a townie thing to do when you have zero knowledge about the setup. He subsequently made a big stink about how Clarity sent the message on to Oatsmaster, and I found Oats' behaviour in the whole ordeal really fucking scummy, so forgot about SnB's nameclaim starting the whole thing off. But I want some answers:

SnB: why did you ignore all the risks of nameclaiming if you're town. Johnnywup, when I pressed him, claimed ignorance. You, however, are not a newbie and have played in at least 2 games I can think of where nameclaiming could get you killed (and in fact, in CT you had the very role to kill nameclaimers unless I am mistaking things). Additionally you claim it's a townie thing to do and should get you elected. You KNOW this is false. Why the lies?
this was obviously incorrect, and I wanted to see what clarity would say. When he said I get a few points for claiming my name because someone else might claim it i told him that was incorrect:
Original Message From strongandbig:
Yeah I haven't heard from vivax either.

Bee tee dubs the right answer was "it doesn't matter if you are hodor, if role name corresponds to alignment and scum don't have safe claims then the hosts are retarded and we should be acting as if they are not stupid".

Basically, I was just fishing for reactions. I pm'd oats this:
Original Message From strongandbig:
I rolenameclaimed only to clarity. Seemed like a good idea at the time. Compartmentalize what info goes to what people. I don't really know how I can make a trap out of it though.

and later this:
Original Message From strongandbig:
He didnt say much about it. Ima tell him to vote me because of it and see what he does.

Well, basically once I start to think someone is scum, I can tell the other people what information I told them and not tell them I told you? Then if they kill me and claim my role or something you can catch them? Idk, the only way rolenameclaims matter is if the hosts were dumb and made role names correspond to alignment, which I doubt. It just seemed like fun to be sneaky?

and yes i ignored the risks of name claiming. I didn't think that through, it seemed pretty out of the question that anyone would have a role which targeted my rolename.
On August 16 2013 04:44 Acrofales wrote:


Worthless reads as a lord
As a lord, we get this:
Show nested quote +
On August 10 2013 01:20 strongandbig wrote:
Hey guys
On phone today so I'll be less active in pms than I was for the past several days.

I want my house to pm me though and explain who they want me to vote for and why.

Currently I'm not liking clarity as a lynch target anymore. I also don't want to lynch oatsmaster. It looks like the sol case is winding down a bit but I will retread those parts before the lynch.

More later

Distancing himself from his own vote.

Show nested quote +
On August 10 2013 06:06 strongandbig wrote:
i also wouldn't mind lynching acro for playing in character.

Test balloon: lets see if we can get a decent town player lynched on a ridiculous pretext. If people wagon, then awesome, otherwise no harm no foul.

Then his vote ends up on Onegu:
Show nested quote +
On August 10 2013 06:13 strongandbig wrote:
Right now I think I want to lynch onegu the most. I thought the pressure on him at the start was for a bad reason, but he didn't really do anything at all in the way of scumhunting when the pressure was taken off of him.

So ##vote: onegu

This is one of the shoddiest votes I have ever seen, especially as the earlier posts were him actually defending Onegu:
Show nested quote +
On August 09 2013 00:24 strongandbig wrote:
On August 09 2013 00:06 raynpelikoneet wrote:
lol Oberyn, did you even read my post?

Onegu is giving yamato town credit from an action he considers to be anti-town..


not a huge problem, his logic makes sense.

he's saying it's poor play for a townie to take that action, but it doesn't make sense for a scum member to take it so it's more likely coming from a bad townie than from scum.


this is poor logic. i defended onegu because ryan's push on him was stupid, not because i had a town read on onegu. later i attacked onegu and voted for him because even when the pressure was taken off of him, he didn't use that space to do any scumhunting or anything pro-town.
On August 16 2013 04:44 Acrofales wrote:
So what made Onegu a worse lurker than jrkirby, FirmTofu, gumshoe, or really any of the other useless lurkers.

Nothing. Onegu was, in fact, a less useless lurker. But he needed to toss his vote without letting it be accountable at all.
this was not my reasoning. I did not vote to lynch onegu because he was a useless lurker but because i thought he was the most likely to be scum of any of the then-current lynch candidates. my reasoning was, as I told vivax:

onegu - i actually agree with the stuff that clarity said, he seemed excited pregame then disappeared.
- he also didn't become less defensive or more involved when rayn took off the pressure for the "contradiction" he had been attacking him for at the start, if he was a townie
- hasn't actually posted any reads other than that he thinks clarity isn't scum because of the pm thing.


but yeah okay i'm glad you finally found the things that I did d2 that everyone else has been calling me scum for all day.
On August 16 2013 04:44 Acrofales wrote:


Active when pressured

Then on D2 when he is no longer lord, and just as people are starting to think seriously of shooting him dead at night, he comes in to save his ass with the case on Risen.

His reason for not wanting to be lord is fucking phoney as hell: he wanted to reclaim his townie status, but did absolutely NOTHING towards that. Resulting in him basically disqualifying himself from the lord position, where he would not be able to lurk as much.
um, my reasoning for not wanting to be lord again was that i would not be active. vivax already had voted for me i think, it would have been easy to be lord if i wanted it.
On August 16 2013 04:44 Acrofales wrote:
Most of this has already been discussed, so I'll leave it at this.



The Yamato connection

Yamato on SnB:
Show nested quote +
On August 10 2013 04:57 yamato77 wrote:
Are we lynching this guy?

We totally should.

Show nested quote +
On August 10 2013 05:51 yamato77 wrote:
Most of SNB's contribution to the game consists of making a big deal out of some rolename controversy within his own house on N0. Aside from complaining that Clarity unwittingly ruined some sort of plan (lolwhatever), there's almost nothing of substance in his filter aside from a townread on Dandel (like that means anything).

His activity also fits in with his scum meta-activity as evidenced by the same sort of lurky and somewhat disinterested play he exhibited in Sicilian. He's set himself up so that he is voting for who his house wants to vote for, conveniently absolving himself of any true scumhunting in-thread.


Neither of these seem like sincere efforts to push a lynch on SnB, and particularly the second one is complete nonsense: half a meta read because it IGNORES the fact that SnB's latest town games have been lurky sacks of uselessness as well. He was endgamed and ignored by scum in NWM, and modkilled for inactivity in PTP. Hardly a shining record to contrast with his lurky inactive scumgame. This read was easily discredited, but notice that SnB has no real interaction with yamato, despite SnB being yamato's main scumread. He just ignores it, because he knows yamato will never push the read.

yeah except that yamato was setting up the same things that you're arguing now. i'm pretty sure he would have pushed the read if he didn't decide to claim scum.
On August 16 2013 04:44 Acrofales wrote:
What we do have, is this:
Show nested quote +
On August 10 2013 06:04 strongandbig wrote:
On August 10 2013 05:58 yamato77 wrote:
On August 10 2013 05:55 Acrofales wrote:
On August 10 2013 05:51 yamato77 wrote:
Most of SNB's contribution to the game consists of making a big deal out of some rolename controversy within his own house on N0. Aside from complaining that Clarity unwittingly ruined some sort of plan (lolwhatever), there's almost nothing of substance in his filter aside from a townread on Dandel (like that means anything).

His activity also fits in with his scum meta-activity as evidenced by the same sort of lurky and somewhat disinterested play he exhibited in Sicilian. He's set himself up so that he is voting for who his house wants to vote for, conveniently absolving himself of any true scumhunting in-thread.

In a previous encounter, a jousting match at Castle PTP, he was largely unavailable and never contributed anything of value, yet was town. Not to say that I encourage that behaviour, but I'm not sure it's sufficient for murdering him.

So how do you advise we treat the SnB situation, then, Acro? Let him lurk into LYLO?

It's not like he's an incompetent town player. If he's town, he's good enough to show it.

idiot
i'm busier today than i was yesterday. that doesn't mean im lurking. i just coutned, i have sent 123 PMs this game. so fuck you saying i'm scum for inactivity.

also you should know better than this. my activity is just as bad when i'm town as it is when i'm scum. if not worse. you are making up things to suit your agenda and i woudl be down to lynch or vig you.


2 minutes later comes the test balloon of lynching me for roleplaying, and another 5 minutes later his vote is on Onegu with NO explanation worth speaking of (except, he's lurking). What happened to this will to lynch Yamato? It vanished in thin air... in about 5 minutes flat.

yeah i was about as serious about killing yamato there as i was about killing you for roleplaying (ie not at all). both of those were me being pissed at annoying people - yamato for his stupid activity read (which even you admit is a bad reason to be calling me scum), and you for playing in character and making it harder to actually read you.
when i actually want to kill someone, i either vote them (ie onegu) or i write a big-ass case on them and yell at a bunch of people if i can't vote for them (ie risen and vivax. also johnnywup now). if i make a one-line post saying "hey let's kill this guy" or "you're being stupid we should kill you" there's no way a reasonable person would take that as a serious scumread from me. maybe that's how you or kushmasta give the thread your scumreads, but mine have some reasoning behind them.
On August 16 2013 04:44 Acrofales wrote:
On D2 you'd think he'd have something to say about the red check on Yamato when he was so happy to report he had caught up on the thread, but no. He spouted off some nothingness that said very little in very many words. Avoid the contaminated scumbuddy like the plague!

are you retarded? after i already told you why i didn't comment on the useless things? what would the purpose have been in commenting on the red check, we were lynching yamato for sure.

On August 16 2013 04:44 Acrofales wrote:



@all lords: please lynch.

this case is the worst one on me yet. it is a combination of misunderstandings and half-truths
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
August 15 2013 21:13 GMT
#3431
On August 16 2013 06:10 Xatalos wrote:
I'm very glad we chose Vivax over snb. Although could snb also be scum? I don't think anyone even opposed his lynch? Or did someone? Feels a bit weird to have 2 scum as the choices for today though. If Vivax is some other anti-town role, not so much though.

Now I'm mostly interested to hear what Risen and Sharrant have to say about the kill list. And pick times as well.

i opposed my lynch
no one else really did

although the argument could be made that the "lynch vivax" movement showed up because my scum teammates decided to push it to save me, so i don't think you can conclude anything from the "opposing my lynch" argument. it's impossible for anyone except scum to know whether people decided honestly to lynch vivax instead of me (because vivax is antitown and I am not) or if it was a calculated move by the scum team.
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
August 15 2013 21:25 GMT
#3452
lol why am i a lynch candidate if vivax flips red? you mean if he flips black right?
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
August 15 2013 21:56 GMT
#3465
On August 16 2013 06:42 kushm4sta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 16 2013 04:44 Acrofales wrote:
Fuck it. I've reread strongandbig's filter and I think he's scum.

Name claiming

Lets start with the whole Clarity thing. I didn't like how it got blown up into a giant problem, but didn't really think much of it. However, rereading it seems somewhat scummy to nameclaim like that. Scum (at least some of them) have townie names, as evidenced by Yamato flipping Doran Martell. If, at the start of the game, you can gain some town credit by nameclaiming, this seems like a pretty good idea. If scum have some kind of KP that relies on nameclaiming, then it makes it a fucking excellent idea.

This was the reason I was a bit suspicious of johnnywup at the start of the game. Nameclaiming is simply not a townie thing to do when you have zero knowledge about the setup. He subsequently made a big stink about how Clarity sent the message on to Oatsmaster, and I found Oats' behaviour in the whole ordeal really fucking scummy, so forgot about SnB's nameclaim starting the whole thing off. But I want some answers:

SnB: why did you ignore all the risks of nameclaiming if you're town. Johnnywup, when I pressed him, claimed ignorance. You, however, are not a newbie and have played in at least 2 games I can think of where nameclaiming could get you killed (and in fact, in CT you had the very role to kill nameclaimers unless I am mistaking things). Additionally you claim it's a townie thing to do and should get you elected. You KNOW this is false. Why the lies?



Worthless reads as a lord
As a lord, we get this:
On August 10 2013 01:20 strongandbig wrote:
Hey guys
On phone today so I'll be less active in pms than I was for the past several days.

I want my house to pm me though and explain who they want me to vote for and why.

Currently I'm not liking clarity as a lynch target anymore. I also don't want to lynch oatsmaster. It looks like the sol case is winding down a bit but I will retread those parts before the lynch.

More later

Distancing himself from his own vote.

On August 10 2013 06:06 strongandbig wrote:
i also wouldn't mind lynching acro for playing in character.

Test balloon: lets see if we can get a decent town player lynched on a ridiculous pretext. If people wagon, then awesome, otherwise no harm no foul.

Then his vote ends up on Onegu:
On August 10 2013 06:13 strongandbig wrote:
Right now I think I want to lynch onegu the most. I thought the pressure on him at the start was for a bad reason, but he didn't really do anything at all in the way of scumhunting when the pressure was taken off of him.

So ##vote: onegu

This is one of the shoddiest votes I have ever seen, especially as the earlier posts were him actually defending Onegu:
On August 09 2013 00:24 strongandbig wrote:
On August 09 2013 00:06 raynpelikoneet wrote:
lol Oberyn, did you even read my post?

Onegu is giving yamato town credit from an action he considers to be anti-town..


not a huge problem, his logic makes sense.

he's saying it's poor play for a townie to take that action, but it doesn't make sense for a scum member to take it so it's more likely coming from a bad townie than from scum.

So what made Onegu a worse lurker than jrkirby, FirmTofu, gumshoe, or really any of the other useless lurkers.

Nothing. Onegu was, in fact, a less useless lurker. But he needed to toss his vote without letting it be accountable at all.



Active when pressured

Then on D2 when he is no longer lord, and just as people are starting to think seriously of shooting him dead at night, he comes in to save his ass with the case on Risen.

His reason for not wanting to be lord is fucking phoney as hell: he wanted to reclaim his townie status, but did absolutely NOTHING towards that. Resulting in him basically disqualifying himself from the lord position, where he would not be able to lurk as much.

Most of this has already been discussed, so I'll leave it at this.



The Yamato connection

Yamato on SnB:
On August 10 2013 04:57 yamato77 wrote:
Are we lynching this guy?

We totally should.

On August 10 2013 05:51 yamato77 wrote:
Most of SNB's contribution to the game consists of making a big deal out of some rolename controversy within his own house on N0. Aside from complaining that Clarity unwittingly ruined some sort of plan (lolwhatever), there's almost nothing of substance in his filter aside from a townread on Dandel (like that means anything).

His activity also fits in with his scum meta-activity as evidenced by the same sort of lurky and somewhat disinterested play he exhibited in Sicilian. He's set himself up so that he is voting for who his house wants to vote for, conveniently absolving himself of any true scumhunting in-thread.


Neither of these seem like sincere efforts to push a lynch on SnB, and particularly the second one is complete nonsense: half a meta read because it IGNORES the fact that SnB's latest town games have been lurky sacks of uselessness as well. He was endgamed and ignored by scum in NWM, and modkilled for inactivity in PTP. Hardly a shining record to contrast with his lurky inactive scumgame. This read was easily discredited, but notice that SnB has no real interaction with yamato, despite SnB being yamato's main scumread. He just ignores it, because he knows yamato will never push the read.

What we do have, is this:
On August 10 2013 06:04 strongandbig wrote:
On August 10 2013 05:58 yamato77 wrote:
On August 10 2013 05:55 Acrofales wrote:
On August 10 2013 05:51 yamato77 wrote:
Most of SNB's contribution to the game consists of making a big deal out of some rolename controversy within his own house on N0. Aside from complaining that Clarity unwittingly ruined some sort of plan (lolwhatever), there's almost nothing of substance in his filter aside from a townread on Dandel (like that means anything).

His activity also fits in with his scum meta-activity as evidenced by the same sort of lurky and somewhat disinterested play he exhibited in Sicilian. He's set himself up so that he is voting for who his house wants to vote for, conveniently absolving himself of any true scumhunting in-thread.

In a previous encounter, a jousting match at Castle PTP, he was largely unavailable and never contributed anything of value, yet was town. Not to say that I encourage that behaviour, but I'm not sure it's sufficient for murdering him.

So how do you advise we treat the SnB situation, then, Acro? Let him lurk into LYLO?

It's not like he's an incompetent town player. If he's town, he's good enough to show it.

idiot
i'm busier today than i was yesterday. that doesn't mean im lurking. i just coutned, i have sent 123 PMs this game. so fuck you saying i'm scum for inactivity.

also you should know better than this. my activity is just as bad when i'm town as it is when i'm scum. if not worse. you are making up things to suit your agenda and i woudl be down to lynch or vig you.

2 minutes later comes the test balloon of lynching me for roleplaying, and another 5 minutes later his vote is on Onegu with NO explanation worth speaking of (except, he's lurking). What happened to this will to lynch Yamato? It vanished in thin air... in about 5 minutes flat.

On D2 you'd think he'd have something to say about the red check on Yamato when he was so happy to report he had caught up on the thread, but no. He spouted off some nothingness that said very little in very many words. Avoid the contaminated scumbuddy like the plague!




@all lords: please lynch.



JUST CATCHING up on th ethread but i think this case is 1bazillion percent retarded

thanks for the vote of confidence kush

you guys heard it here first if kush flips scum im confirmed town trololol
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
August 15 2013 22:42 GMT
#3476
On August 16 2013 07:34 Risen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 16 2013 06:47 Xatalos wrote:
OK, it's time for pure gut reads. The bolded players I think are likely town. Please don't lynch/shoot any of them unless some good reason appears later on. The rest should be purged. I'm somewhat unsure about Grackaroni, rayn, Mocsta and Sharrant, but I think they're all more likely town than scum at the moment.

Dandel Ion
Onegu
Sharrant
s0lstice
Vivax
Chromatically
Clarity_nl
Grackaroni
raynpelikoneet
Koshi
johnnywup
Mocsta
strongandbig
Acrofoles
kushm4sta
Risen


This post is wrong. It's just so wrong for legitimate reasons not even some far out theory I'm coming up with. Why does a townie make a post calling out his town reads for mafia to look at and shoot?

pretend he'd made the same post but with the bolds removed and the non-bolds put in red
here like this
On August 16 2013 06:47 Xatalos wrote:
OK, it's time for pure gut reads. The bolded players I think are likely town. Please don't lynch/shoot any of them unless some good reason appears later on. The rest should be purged. I'm somewhat unsure about Grackaroni, rayn, Mocsta and Sharrant, but I think they're all more likely town than scum at the moment.

Dandel Ion
Onegu
Sharrant
s0lstice
Vivax
Chromatically
Clarity_nl
Grackaroni
raynpelikoneet
Koshi
johnnywup
Mocsta
strongandbig
Acrofoles
kushm4sta
Risen
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
August 15 2013 22:45 GMT
#3480
On August 16 2013 07:44 johnnywup wrote:
S&B his point still stands

no it doesnt
it was a list of like five scum reads.
okay then scum can shoot the other twenty people in the game OMG THEY KNOW HIS TOWN READS!!
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
August 15 2013 23:02 GMT
#3492
On August 16 2013 07:59 Risen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 16 2013 07:42 strongandbig wrote:
On August 16 2013 07:34 Risen wrote:
On August 16 2013 06:47 Xatalos wrote:
OK, it's time for pure gut reads. The bolded players I think are likely town. Please don't lynch/shoot any of them unless some good reason appears later on. The rest should be purged. I'm somewhat unsure about Grackaroni, rayn, Mocsta and Sharrant, but I think they're all more likely town than scum at the moment.

Dandel Ion
Onegu
Sharrant
s0lstice
Vivax
Chromatically
Clarity_nl
Grackaroni
raynpelikoneet
Koshi
johnnywup
Mocsta
strongandbig
Acrofoles
kushm4sta
Risen


This post is wrong. It's just so wrong for legitimate reasons not even some far out theory I'm coming up with. Why does a townie make a post calling out his town reads for mafia to look at and shoot?

pretend he'd made the same post but with the bolds removed and the non-bolds put in red
here like this
On August 16 2013 06:47 Xatalos wrote:
OK, it's time for pure gut reads. The bolded players I think are likely town. Please don't lynch/shoot any of them unless some good reason appears later on. The rest should be purged. I'm somewhat unsure about Grackaroni, rayn, Mocsta and Sharrant, but I think they're all more likely town than scum at the moment.

Dandel Ion
Onegu
Sharrant
s0lstice
Vivax
Chromatically
Clarity_nl
Grackaroni
raynpelikoneet
Koshi
johnnywup
Mocsta
strongandbig
Acrofoles
kushm4sta
Risen


If he had done that as him pointing out who he thought scum team was it would be different. There's a huge difference between casting suspicion on people and calling people town.

He called all but five people town. Oh no. Scum knows the 20 least suspicious people in town now they can target their night kills. Seriously this is a stupid argument.
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
August 15 2013 23:03 GMT
#3493
Also list posts are not townie. Don't tell people to look town by making a list post. Tell them to do it by making cases. Real cases are way harder for scum to fake than lost posts are.
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
August 15 2013 23:12 GMT
#3499
On August 16 2013 08:08 Risen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 16 2013 08:02 strongandbig wrote:
On August 16 2013 07:59 Risen wrote:
On August 16 2013 07:42 strongandbig wrote:
On August 16 2013 07:34 Risen wrote:
On August 16 2013 06:47 Xatalos wrote:
OK, it's time for pure gut reads. The bolded players I think are likely town. Please don't lynch/shoot any of them unless some good reason appears later on. The rest should be purged. I'm somewhat unsure about Grackaroni, rayn, Mocsta and Sharrant, but I think they're all more likely town than scum at the moment.

Dandel Ion
Onegu
Sharrant
s0lstice
Vivax
Chromatically
Clarity_nl
Grackaroni
raynpelikoneet
Koshi
johnnywup
Mocsta
strongandbig
Acrofoles
kushm4sta
Risen


This post is wrong. It's just so wrong for legitimate reasons not even some far out theory I'm coming up with. Why does a townie make a post calling out his town reads for mafia to look at and shoot?

pretend he'd made the same post but with the bolds removed and the non-bolds put in red
here like this
On August 16 2013 06:47 Xatalos wrote:
OK, it's time for pure gut reads. The bolded players I think are likely town. Please don't lynch/shoot any of them unless some good reason appears later on. The rest should be purged. I'm somewhat unsure about Grackaroni, rayn, Mocsta and Sharrant, but I think they're all more likely town than scum at the moment.

Dandel Ion
Onegu
Sharrant
s0lstice
Vivax
Chromatically
Clarity_nl
Grackaroni
raynpelikoneet
Koshi
johnnywup
Mocsta
strongandbig
Acrofoles
kushm4sta
Risen


If he had done that as him pointing out who he thought scum team was it would be different. There's a huge difference between casting suspicion on people and calling people town.

He called all but five people town. Oh no. Scum knows the 20 least suspicious people in town now they can target their night kills. Seriously this is a stupid argument.


Tbh I don't know how to refute this. I just know giving town reads is not something town-aligned people should do. Give scum reads, and your reasons for thinking they're scum, and that's it. That's what kush and johnny should do as well.

I agree with the last part
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-16 19:27:16
August 16 2013 18:19 GMT
#3629
Edited by host request
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
August 17 2013 15:03 GMT
#3979
On August 17 2013 16:14 Clarity_nl wrote:
redcheck on mocsta... why have scum let sharrant live?
To be fair, town has been kinda steamrolling so they have to make a play I guess.. n4 three of us will likely die, and it'll be the active three.... So, solving this game, or getting close to solving this game today would be great.

If I had to guess, snb is not claiming scum and more likely forgot to vote cause he was flustered cause he messed up and posted a pm to me in thread instead. That said.... I was hoping that would mean I got 1 out of 1 votes and therefore elected...
I'll have to ask this to the hosts and see if someone doesn't a vote, what a majority means.

This is what happened. I meant to vote clarity, but that fuckup happened and I forgot. I don't know why I am not modkilled for not voting except that the mods never replied to my question in thread about modkills so maybe they are not doing that.

I have no way of proving what I'm saying, you guys have to make up your minds based on the rest of the game and what you rhink the scum motivation is for this, so I'm just not gonna keep talking about it. If you all want to lynch me or lord-KP me for it I've brought it on myself.

I even got a reminder pm from the hosts at midnight, after I had gone to bed... Seriously fuck me sideways this game. I finally start giving a shit and vivax flips scum rb and then this shit happens...

Anyway there are still about ten pages of thread I haven't read but I wanted to put this out there before I hit the treadmill so that people can get their responses into the thread before I start responding in earnest.



I plan on continuing to push johnnywup today. I think there's a clear difference between the way he played in nuclear winter and this game, he was under early pressure both times but his response this time is way more scummy than that time and the pressure is different. I was going to push him for the lynch but we kind of have to resolve this mocsta-sharrant red check situation ASAP, so it might be better for johnnywup to be The Lord KP target tonight. If we could get some idea of whether the lords can kill him tonight it would be good. Also if any lords don't think he is the right target I want to argue with them.

As for mocsta sharrant, they both look kind of bad - mocsta mostly because jrkirby's was so scummy, sharrant I liked his response to risers case but he really has done so little else that it's hard to get a town read on him - so I don't want to commit to which one to lynch first until I read their filters, then I will give you my opinion. My gut feeling arm is to lunch mocsta first, though - sharrant was right about Yamato, plus the scum rb just died so it makes sense that he could get a check off. But I want to read both filters before I commit.



Anyway I apologize to the town and the hosts for ducking up majorly this time, and especially to clarity. Johnywup is scum. Peace~
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
August 17 2013 15:05 GMT
#3982
Okay I just saw the last page of the thread, we should absolutely lynch one or the other of johnnywup or mocsta unless we have more than just the five lord KP (sorry), they both need to die ASAP and we can't count on that if we use lord KP.

Unless someone claimed something in the previous nine pages which gives us more KP to work with or we get a big case that everyone is persuaded by.

Okay gym now trek.
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
August 17 2013 16:00 GMT
#4024
On August 18 2013 00:13 Xatalos wrote:
This might have actually been the most pro-town action for him I guess? Saving us some KP and a lynch.

Strategic self-modkill is right up there with ubsanctuoned editing of posts on the "cheating" list.
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
August 17 2013 16:05 GMT
#4027
If hosts modkill mocsta and remove the lynch for today can we continue the game or is it just tainted now because of him
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
August 17 2013 16:06 GMT
#4030
Cause then it's just like we lynched him
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
August 17 2013 16:08 GMT
#4033
On August 18 2013 01:07 Dandel Ion wrote:
dunno, i asked to end this game in a draw.

if that doesn't happen, I'll suggest we withhold the lord kp tonight. cuz that's what we would've used.

That doesn't work cause scum might lie about The Lord KP.

And I put too much effort into not getting lunched for this game to end in a draw.
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
August 17 2013 17:03 GMT
#4064
I'm having trouble getting back into the game when we don't know how the hosts are gonna resolve this mocsta situation.

Let me say what I said to Clarity about Risen. I don't want to lynch him today.


re: risen: he was the second actual vote onto vivax, I believe, at a point when I was still strongly leading in votes. He could have kept his vote on Sharrant and hoped the vivax momentum would not build and I would still be the inertia candidate. I would have called him scum for that but imo he was not getting nearly as much heat as he deserved for his tunnel.

For him to actually switch his vote back onto me would have been more difficult, since he'd already unvoted me. Vivax was close to giving up at that point, although I think Risen's vote came before his lolclaim, so a bus is not completely out of the question.

I still think Risen's filter looks scummy as fuck, especially day 1 and the entire sharrant tunnel where he ignored sharrant's answers to his question. but this vote switch is a pretty big deal, so i'm willing to officially move my read on risen from "certain scum" to "null, don't want to lynch right now".

I'm not willing to give him a townread yet just for one vote, when I still really dislike his filter in general, but it's enough to move my read significantly. Unless I find a stronger scumread tonight, I think I will be pushing for a johnnywup lynch tomorrow.


I want to kill jwup today.
On August 18 2013 00:19 Sharrant wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 18 2013 00:16 s0Lstice wrote:
well this is very interesting..

i have a strong urge to kill sharrant


Do tell.

And I'm saying it again, I'm pretty sure Johnny is town.


why. seriously.

if you have a green check on him, there's no reason not to say it now. although you can't have a green check on account of both of your alignment checks have been red and you say you alternate between alignment and hp checks.

anything short of that and i'm going to demand very detailed reasons for it.
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
August 17 2013 19:45 GMT
#4147
On August 18 2013 04:44 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 18 2013 04:36 Risen wrote:
So we're just going to believe DI's house check and take it as gospel or did I miss the part where another house confirmed.

Why would DI lie?

if he's scum
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
August 17 2013 19:49 GMT
#4149
put it this way, if sharrant doesn't die tonight then there's even stronger reason to lynch him tomorrow. But if he is telling the truth and mocsta was framed (I guess this is the scenario we're looking at if DI is telling the truth?) then we can lord kp or lynch him tomorrow. For now, we should be looking elsewhere.

Are we fairly certain we can kill johnnywup tonight? Sharrant afaik never answered me or explained his townread at all. If we aren't fairly certain we can kill him tonight with lord kp, then we should be lynching him.
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 32m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 121
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 833
Larva 515
ggaemo 443
Stork 293
Leta 182
PianO 142
Mind 96
Killer 40
Hyuk 29
Bale 27
[ Show more ]
ZergMaN 23
yabsab 19
League of Legends
JimRising 399
Reynor96
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1106
Other Games
summit1g10516
C9.Mang0250
Sick202
Mew2King123
ArmadaUGS46
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick565
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream165
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2337
League of Legends
• Stunt1468
• Jankos829
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
1h 32m
Online Event
2h 32m
FEL
7h 32m
AI Arena Tournament
8h 32m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
10h 32m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 1h
INu's Battles
1d 3h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 10h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 10h
Replay Cast
1d 15h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.