• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:37
CEST 12:37
KST 19:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9626 users

PTP IV - Demon's Run - Page 56

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 54 55 56 57 58 184 Next
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
June 24 2013 01:24 GMT
#1101
Well, it's either true or a scumbuddy of his made his role.

If it's the 2nd one, then his scumbuddy CANT claim he made austin's role, so whose role does his scumbuddy claim he made?
There are 4 options:
1)Another player:
Then the guy that REALLY made that guy's role will cc and he's toast
2)Another player, but someone another scumbuddy of his made the role of:
Then the same process is repeated with the other scumbuddy, who has no character to claim he made the role of
3)Himself:
Because you are going to believe 2 people saying "I made my own role!", instead of one of them saying he made austin's?
4)The player austin made the role of:
In this case, austin makes the role of player X, but claims he made his own. In fact a scumbuddy made his role, and now the scumbuddy claims he made player X's role.
If so....for what purpose? This doesn't make any sense other than convince people "there's little chance austin made his own role! He scum!".

Unless there is a convincing reason (4) could have happened, then it's most likely true, regardless of his alignment (or maybe he is scum with BC and they did (3) lol)
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
June 24 2013 01:25 GMT
#1102
On June 24 2013 10:17 gonzaw wrote:
But I had no say in that scumteam
I tried my best not to kill you ;_;

...the silver lining is that we won at least lol

Well, not really trying to "lynch" you, but if I had to decide in the span of 2 minutes which player in the game to lynch, also taking into account town sentiment...then yeah you were a good choice.

....hmm....considering snb wasn't replaced someone could vig him tonight or something.
I have been part of "lynch someone so we did something" trains, but never from this side.

It's a ... much different feeling, but I know not all the votes are for that.

Especially the "austin usually x, hasn't x this game, therefore scum" votes that I think were there. Need to reread, but that's one thing I'm digging into. More worried about people with half-assed reasons like that than people just jumping on the lynch-for-info-mobile.
Fe fi fo fum.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
June 24 2013 01:27 GMT
#1103
I mean, it doesn't matter if you believe it or not, tbh. I'm taking actions, and you can poll everyone to see if anyone made a role that does x. Nobody will speak up, or if someone does, hooray! free mafia.

Besides, I don't think anyone else would be so dumb as to create some of this stuff.
Fe fi fo fum.
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
June 24 2013 01:28 GMT
#1104
Okay, take your time (well...at least take LESS time than you did last cycle >_> )

So, thoughts on Xfire?
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
June 24 2013 01:29 GMT
#1105
On June 24 2013 10:24 gonzaw wrote:
Well, it's either true or a scumbuddy of his made his role.

If it's the 2nd one, then his scumbuddy CANT claim he made austin's role, so whose role does his scumbuddy claim he made?
There are 4 options:
1)Another player:
Then the guy that REALLY made that guy's role will cc and he's toast
2)Another player, but someone another scumbuddy of his made the role of:
Then the same process is repeated with the other scumbuddy, who has no character to claim he made the role of
3)Himself:
Because you are going to believe 2 people saying "I made my own role!", instead of one of them saying he made austin's?
4)The player austin made the role of:
In this case, austin makes the role of player X, but claims he made his own. In fact a scumbuddy made his role, and now the scumbuddy claims he made player X's role.
If so....for what purpose? This doesn't make any sense other than convince people "there's little chance austin made his own role! He scum!".

Unless there is a convincing reason (4) could have happened, then it's most likely true, regardless of his alignment (or maybe he is scum with BC and they did (3) lol)

Except the problem here is nobody is claiming roles yet so none of the above can be proven one way or another.
Until that happens I find it honestly ridiculous that we are to believe that 2 players in a game of 16 somehow managed to land their own roles.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
June 24 2013 01:31 GMT
#1106
It will be known at some point, unless scum have a super duper plan to kill the actual guy that created their roles.
Also it serves no purpose other than to MAKE THEM MORE SUSPICIOUS (like you are doing right now).

.....just live and let live, ignore that claim unless evidence is presented otherwise, which if is false will be soon enough most likely
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
June 24 2013 01:41 GMT
#1107
On June 24 2013 10:28 gonzaw wrote:
Okay, take your time (well...at least take LESS time than you did last cycle >_> )

So, thoughts on Xfire?
That one I can actually do tonight, at least out of context. Rest needs to wait until tomorrow.

Colorful entry into game. Multicolor turtle tap --> ## pants. Unless either of those DID anything, it shows a fun-having, easy-going crossfire.

Townie on skates mcgee. BUT FOR MUSHY MUSHY MUSHINESS.
I think sk8 is town. Looking at the way he's acted before and after the shot, what he said he was trying to accomplish, how he is acting now, etc, I don't see that coming from a scum player.
BOO. BOO ON THIS HARD. I think skates mcgee is town, because of...what he did in the past and the present. I won't specify ANYTHING at all. BOO.

If there were a key piece of skates's role that makes crossfire certain he's town, then crossfire could say later when it comes out he made the role that skates likely town b/c of role. He responds to Zeph noting that role =/= alignment here by saying
Ok. I will keep that in mind Zeph, but knowing what his role is and how he has acted and what he has done makes me think he is town. I will look at him again if I need to later, but not now.

Still slightly butt. It's a lot of words that say...I don't know what. He will keep Zephir's comments in mind, indicating that Skates role is not 100% to show alignment, but is pretty sure of townieness based on (1) what his role is; (2) how he's acted; (3) what he has done. That doesn't really say anything, and not just because Crossfire is being coy about the role he created. If it were just role-talk, it could be coy, but Crossfire isn't really giving any detail about his read PERIOD. Before, it was past and present actions the end.

Jumps on me to prevent no-lynch. Null for me.

Reads doc role, messes up the mason bit.



Without any context, just checking his filter, doesn't pass the smell test. The skater read, which is what a lot of cross's posts concern, is smoke and mirrors at this point. I know pre-game excitement into quiet time can sometimes be a bad sign, but...I don't think the colors/pants --> not much really works the same way. Goofy into serious, but the beginning of this game was slightly goofy and it's gotten more serious, so that's not really a tell. Still, based on the justification that isn't a justification for his Crossfire read, I'm leaning scum.
Fe fi fo fum.
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
June 24 2013 03:06 GMT
#1108
So, anything new folks?
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18453 Posts
June 24 2013 03:24 GMT
#1109
I also had a quick look at Xfire's filter. There's not much content there, but the bit there is is actually pretty good.

Firstly, he defends sk8er when the ball was getting rolling. He basically singlehandedly stopped the lynch on sk8er. That seems to mean they are either scum together, or Xfire isn't scum: there seems to be no reason for a scum Xfire to prevent a lynch on town sk8er.

Now, given my updated read on sk8er I am getting back to thinking he's town, and presumably will prove it through whatever mechanism he's claiming. So Xfire seems in the clear too.

Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18453 Posts
June 24 2013 03:25 GMT
#1110
austin completely missing stuff like that is not making me any more comfortable about him.
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
June 24 2013 03:33 GMT
#1111
I feel like I should do something but what.
WHAT
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
June 24 2013 03:40 GMT
#1112
On June 24 2013 12:24 Acrofales wrote:
I also had a quick look at Xfire's filter. There's not much content there, but the bit there is is actually pretty good.

Firstly, he defends sk8er when the ball was getting rolling. He basically singlehandedly stopped the lynch on sk8er. That seems to mean they are either scum together, or Xfire isn't scum: there seems to be no reason for a scum Xfire to prevent a lynch on town sk8er.

Now, given my updated read on sk8er I am getting back to thinking he's town, and presumably will prove it through whatever mechanism he's claiming. So Xfire seems in the clear too.



I'm just a little worried about his actions right before the lynch.
Instantly sheeps solstice and is 100% sure about his lynch (unlike others who were also considering snb, or Zepphird, etc).
Gave little reason for it and felt too "quick". Then sheeps onto austin without really saying much about him (although that was quick I assume so maybe he didn't have too much time to think about it).

I'm open to suggestions about his behaviour, etc
Kurumi
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Poland6130 Posts
June 24 2013 05:02 GMT
#1113
I said the kill was 3rd party based on solstice claiming he was The Doctor. Sure, scum could shoot him as much as 3rd party, but I like the 3rd party more because it sounds cooler.
I work alone. // Visit TL Mafia subforum!
BloodyC0bbler
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Canada7876 Posts
June 24 2013 05:32 GMT
#1114
catching up on this clusterfuck of a thread.

Also, why did sk8 not get lynched? Guy actively was saying shit about how I must have faked a shot when HE ACTIVATED A POWER to save his ass.

The guy has lied enough times now that he should be dead. Anyone saying "well xfire confirmed his role can do that shit" doesn't make sk8 town. Roles do not equal fucking alignment. I do not know how many times I have to say this in every bloody ptp / pyp games.

I will be continuing to catch up on the thread now.
#3 Member of the Chill Fanclub / Rhaegar fought nobly. Rhaegar fought valiantly. Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaeger died. --Ser Jorah Mormont TL MAFIA FORUM http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 go go !
BloodyC0bbler
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Canada7876 Posts
June 24 2013 05:36 GMT
#1115
On June 24 2013 10:18 WaveofShadow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 24 2013 10:15 austinmcc wrote:
On June 24 2013 10:13 gonzaw wrote:
If I was scum I'd like to know who got my role to NOT shoot him at night and let him live until end-game or something (unless there's a party-pooper marv in my scumteam >_> ), so if a scum made your role...congrats you are going to live for a long time
First you let your buddies shoot me in the game.

Now you try to lynch me in THIS game, where I get my own friggin' role. Marv isn't here this time either. So...it's you or kita. You guys are the PTP fun police.

Really.
Are we going to believe him now too?
Remember people, 6% chance.
So we're talking MASSIVE chances that BC is lying about him having gotten his own role, and now austin too.

I guess I shoud actually start reading austin.


Why? Likely decon had us make roles then random # generates roles to people. Sures theres a shitty chance of getting it, it also means that the game is balanced to prevent a mass claim strat.

How about instead of FoS someone because they got a role they made, you FoS for behaviour.
#3 Member of the Chill Fanclub / Rhaegar fought nobly. Rhaegar fought valiantly. Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaeger died. --Ser Jorah Mormont TL MAFIA FORUM http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 go go !
BloodyC0bbler
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Canada7876 Posts
June 24 2013 05:45 GMT
#1116
Why are people suspicious of Austin? He is actively saying who he is targetting with his role in thread. Mafia has no reason to do this whatsoever. -_-
#3 Member of the Chill Fanclub / Rhaegar fought nobly. Rhaegar fought valiantly. Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaeger died. --Ser Jorah Mormont TL MAFIA FORUM http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 go go !
Kurumi
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Poland6130 Posts
June 24 2013 06:56 GMT
#1117
On June 24 2013 14:45 BloodyC0bbler wrote:
Why are people suspicious of Austin? He is actively saying who he is targetting with his role in thread. Mafia has no reason to do this whatsoever. -_-

Will your gift blow up or save lives?
I work alone. // Visit TL Mafia subforum!
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
June 24 2013 09:06 GMT
#1118
On June 24 2013 14:32 BloodyC0bbler wrote:
catching up on this clusterfuck of a thread.

Also, why did sk8 not get lynched? Guy actively was saying shit about how I must have faked a shot when HE ACTIVATED A POWER to save his ass.

The guy has lied enough times now that he should be dead. Anyone saying "well xfire confirmed his role can do that shit" doesn't make sk8 town. Roles do not equal fucking alignment. I do not know how many times I have to say this in every bloody ptp / pyp games.

I will be continuing to catch up on the thread now.


I think it was because sk8r thought you had claimed to be roleblocked, while in fact you had only claimed to have your bullet refunded? It's just a misunderstanding from what I see. Can you point to where sk8r has been lying? Because if sk8r is scum, then Crossfire99 is most likely scum too, and I'm leaning town on both of them. Not to mention that if they're both scum, I highly doubt they would have pulled a risky move like this.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
June 24 2013 09:17 GMT
#1119
On June 24 2013 07:06 Kurumi wrote:
Eh, I probably should cool off and rethink everything.


Could you please share your thoughts before deadline? Not sure if you're scum/town atm, and it'd be in your own best interest to make me think you're town during this time..
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
June 24 2013 09:24 GMT
#1120
On June 24 2013 10:09 austinmcc wrote:
BC, are you around? If so, you want a present or want your choice to get? Time is limited before presents go in the mail, but will ship it along if I don't hear from you.

NOW ONTO MORE IMPORTANT MATTERS

JEEBUS STOP LYNCHING ME.

If you think you can usually read me and you haven't been able to do so this game, that might be because I'm not normally this absent. As EITHER alignment. Go read my stupid scum games, I'm always trying to plot and direct things and getting shot down when I try to get the scum team to engage in stupid plans, except for CT mafia maybe cuz I replaced in there.

To those who actually think I'm scummy, you guys should knock it off as well. I don't bring presents to people who think I'm scummy except maybe I do. Ugh. Also, not scum.

Gonna sort through the rest of this tomorrow at work.


I agree that I've never seen you this absent before. That's not all though. I associate a heavy townish atmosphere with your name (from earlier memories), and I haven't got such a feeling from any of your posts so far. I don't think you were all that active before either, but you looked townish (analytical/helpful/insightful) with your posts. Where's that in this game? Please start playing like town if you actually ARE town. Otherwise your life expectancy isn't looking too good.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Prev 1 54 55 56 57 58 184 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Afreeca Starleague
19:00
Ro4 Match 2
Soma vs Soulkey
Afreeca ASL 10687
StarCastTV_EN310
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech134
Lowko33
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 11305
Bisu 3090
Jaedong 2784
EffOrt 1050
Horang2 375
ZerO 340
Larva 260
Zeus 230
Pusan 229
actioN 146
[ Show more ]
Mind 127
Hyun 124
Barracks 85
ggaemo 75
Yoon 48
Bale 45
Killer 44
scan(afreeca) 43
Sharp 39
NotJumperer 34
ToSsGirL 25
Sacsri 23
Shinee 23
Hm[arnc] 22
Terrorterran 10
Noble 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Dota 2
febbydoto79
League of Legends
JimRising 349
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1702
byalli279
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King85
Other Games
ceh9657
crisheroes213
Sick181
Pyrionflax156
dupreeh104
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 159
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream50
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 12
• killerbeecast8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV301
• lizZardDota2287
League of Legends
• Jankos1063
Upcoming Events
INu's Battles
24m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
13h 24m
Patches Events
1d 5h
The PondCast
1d 23h
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.