• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:17
CEST 17:17
KST 00:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)74Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9126 users

PTP IV - Demon's Run - Page 26

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 24 25 26 27 28 184 Next
Barbiero
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Brazil5259 Posts
June 22 2013 21:36 GMT
#501
sent said there were several actions, not a specific number(unless he edited it out, idk)

Actions were accounted. What are the chances of there being a post-action roleblocker? Maybe there is a role that CAN roleblock after it was public announced, and the hosts account for that when parsing the actions. There was a big gap in time between the shot claim and a host feedback, so I can see it being a possibility.
♥ The world needs more hearts! ♥
BloodyC0bbler
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Canada7876 Posts
June 22 2013 21:37 GMT
#502
yes, 1 mine, and at 2 if not 3 on me.
#3 Member of the Chill Fanclub / Rhaegar fought nobly. Rhaegar fought valiantly. Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaeger died. --Ser Jorah Mormont TL MAFIA FORUM http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 go go !
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
June 22 2013 21:37 GMT
#503
So I guess the question worth asking is: Did anyone create a roleblocker that could mess with the timeline of action resolutions to stop the shot?
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
Barbiero
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Brazil5259 Posts
June 22 2013 21:38 GMT
#504
sk8r, play it out. Consider Dandel Ion's posting and tell me how town/antitown it is. You can redeem yourself, y'know
♥ The world needs more hearts! ♥
xxSK8rGUy277xx
Profile Joined September 2010
300 Posts
June 22 2013 21:38 GMT
#505
On June 23 2013 06:34 WaveofShadow wrote:
Hold on though, Sent did say there were 4 actions, no?


Post says last few actions. But that implies three or more. Which means he actually attempted to shoot me or at least sent them an action saying that.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
June 22 2013 21:42 GMT
#506
On June 23 2013 06:30 WaveofShadow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 23 2013 06:19 geript wrote:
So here's where I'm at:
1. BC shot skater
2. The shot was real
3. Skater is close enough to being dead
4. He's not going to flip or stop posting

I'd rather talk about Kurumi not trolling.

Did you or did you not create his role?
How do you know these things?

I don't know his role for certain. I'm just guessing from things he's said. I think the love tap shit is a distractor. Honestly though, I don't get how a day ability could be roleblocked. If that's the case then maybe his love taps roleblock the person he taps? Idk. It's confusing as shit and makes me want to lynch him.
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
June 22 2013 21:43 GMT
#507
I'm out for the evening. See yalls later.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Barbiero
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Brazil5259 Posts
June 22 2013 21:44 GMT
#508
On June 23 2013 06:42 geript wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 23 2013 06:30 WaveofShadow wrote:
On June 23 2013 06:19 geript wrote:
So here's where I'm at:
1. BC shot skater
2. The shot was real
3. Skater is close enough to being dead
4. He's not going to flip or stop posting

I'd rather talk about Kurumi not trolling.

Did you or did you not create his role?
How do you know these things?

I don't know his role for certain. I'm just guessing from things he's said. I think the love tap shit is a distractor. Honestly though, I don't get how a day ability could be roleblocked. If that's the case then maybe his love taps roleblock the person he taps? Idk. It's confusing as shit and makes me want to lynch him.


"You are XXXX
You have the ability to change the action of time!
If someone announces an action publicly, you can stop it from happening if you PM the hosts within X time of the announcement!"

It's PTP. Anything is possible.
♥ The world needs more hearts! ♥
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
June 22 2013 21:47 GMT
#509
On June 22 2013 19:18 Xatalos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 22 2013 17:51 gonzaw wrote:
Well Xatalos, I'm usually all for early-game-banter-heuristics but I don't really find anything useful in today's early-game, other than getting some town reads.

So yeah good luck with other stuff I guess.

No comment on your WoS case.

On June 22 2013 17:29 Xatalos wrote:
At least I got a good role if nothing else


Oh good, seems you got my role then


I take it you don't find WaveofShadow scummy so far? Or..? (That's exactly my point by the way, these filler posts haven't been a perfect start, but it's dramatically better than nothing or bland introduction posts.)


Okay, time has gone by so I can just answer this.

Your case was obviously "bad". You tried making very certain conclusions of really inconclusive stuff (that was the only stuff WOS posted and was, for the most part, non-alignment-indicative).
That's what I call a "shitty case to get the ball rolling". Several townies do that....well.....to start scumhunting, and see people's reactions, and press people to take stances earlier, and basically try to establish a nice atmosphere earlier (which can be hard to do if your case is "bad enough" to get some shitty accusations back and shit, I remember that happening in some games previously).
And that is fair and fine....but yeah the case was bad, or at least over-exaggerated stuff.

Makes me feel a little better of you because townies are the ones that usually do that kind of stuff (reminds me of Keirathi in Aperture 2 I think). Scum don't start with an obvious "bad" case that puts them in the spotlight, and is obviously meant to start discussion. If they do a case they do one either completely joking (to blend in as a "not-try hard" and post something), or completely serious (to just blend in normally as if they were contributing).

So props to that I guess

I see there are votes flying everywhere in the voting thread, so it seems there is no cohesion at all so far (haven't read the thread yet)
Seems I am needed in this situation!
Off to read...
xxSK8rGUy277xx
Profile Joined September 2010
300 Posts
June 22 2013 21:48 GMT
#510
On June 23 2013 06:38 Zephirdd wrote:
sk8r, play it out. Consider Dandel Ion's posting and tell me how town/antitown it is. You can redeem yourself, y'know


I think Dandel is fairly town. His trolling at start is not anti town, just bored day one shenanigans. He is probably the only one defending me and agreeing with my FOS. His initials posts were trolling, and then he came back to post seriously.

Also, because he did the ##Lovetap (unsure if his counts though) then he is likely not scum. I can only base this off me knowing my own alignment and knowing that scum know all of eachother. So scum would not want to give me the chance to use it. A town would expect that at worst if I was scum, my scum buddies would be able to charge my ability anyways, so it wouldn't hurt to do it. At best they would be giving me an oppurtunity to use my abilities against the scum.

I do not think trolling is a scum tell. His reactions to BC shooting me where that of a town berating a bad vigi.

Dandel to me right now is most likely a town member.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
June 22 2013 21:49 GMT
#511
/mind blown
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
June 22 2013 21:51 GMT
#512
Wait someone already shot someone else or what?
lol finally things get interesting.
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
June 22 2013 21:53 GMT
#513
On June 23 2013 06:51 gonzaw wrote:
Wait someone already shot someone else or what?
lol finally things get interesting.


Good I wasn't the only one who missed it
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
June 22 2013 21:53 GMT
#514
On June 23 2013 06:48 xxSK8rGUy277xx wrote:
I do not think trolling is a scum tell. His reactions to BC shooting me where that of a town berating a bad vigi.

Why does this make you think he's town?
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
June 22 2013 21:56 GMT
#515
Wow.. Ask and you shall receive, I guess. More activity in a couple of hours than like the previous 10 hours?

Anyways, I barely could read through the last 5-10 pages, let alone make sense of it yet. Most noticeably it seems like BC made a fake vig-shot. That's extremely stupid to do as either alignment, but more so for Mafia than for town. So BC = townish in my books from this action alone. Self-damaging behaviour doesn't fit a Mafia mindset at all.

WaveofShadow has started posting quite a bit, but I'll have to go through it later. No time for some time unfortunately. At least he's posting which is positive. Content remains a point of doubt.

On June 23 2013 03:43 s0Lstice wrote:
Xatalos-

Show nested quote +
On June 22 2013 19:31 Xatalos wrote:
On June 22 2013 18:09 Kurumi wrote:
On June 22 2013 17:40 Xatalos wrote:
On June 22 2013 14:56 Kurumi wrote:
For a moment I thought I was still drunk after yesterday but this thread actually makes no sense.
No trolling for me I guess.

We're running the classic lynch, so the most votes person dies?


LOL. This post *would* be scummy if it showed any actual effort to be safe from lynching. Now, it seems more like a clueless town post. On the other hand, might be 100% clueless Mafia...

Take your stance, boy. I've been around here for quite some time.
Also, putting my vote on Dandel for creating a terrible, spammy atmosphere and not trying to change that.


Hm yeah, looking at your history, I doubt that you would start like that as Mafia. Too effortless and careless IMO. But really, voting for Dandel Ion because of spam? Granted it's not impossible that he's Mafia and spamming to "ruin the atmosphere".. I think it's safe to say that's not a typical way to play scum, especially this actively. And do you even think he's Mafia or just voting because he annoys you?


To what history are you referring? Kurumi has never started out as 'effortless and careless' as mafia?

I'm actually fairly suspicious of you. Since your entrance into the thread, you've posted some very wordy entries that don't really say much of anything, and contain a few 'wtf' moments, like:

Show nested quote +
On June 22 2013 21:13 Xatalos wrote:
On June 22 2013 12:05 Acrofales wrote:
On June 22 2013 11:29 kitaman27 wrote:
On June 22 2013 11:18 Acrofales wrote:
On June 22 2013 11:06 kitaman27 wrote:
On June 22 2013 11:04 Acrofales wrote:
I'm home! Haven't read anything yet, but after umpteen scumgames and a fairly longish break, I finally rolled town!

Also, in case this plan hasn't been proposed yet, I think everybody should say what character they made the role for. That way, if someone claims, someone else can back that shit up, or act as a lie detector.


Or the scum can pick off the players that created their roles and they are free to use it as they wish or modify it with a fake claim. That's silly.

So what? That limits them in who they can kill. Restricting scum is a good thing. You scum yourself?


lol it doesn't limit who the scum can kill. Scum can kill whoever they want, but with your plan, they're not shooting blind. I don't even understand how your plan makes sense. Why can't we server as lie detectors after the claim, without all sharing who we made the role for?

They're still shooting blind. They don't know what role they're shooting nor what the role actually is other than the name (and they still don't know who that is).

But I do get your point that if claims happen we can verify. Just run the risk of this only happening after people are dead and the mafia covering for each other (if someone claims and nobody pipes up that they made the role, a mafia member can "come into the thread late" and claim making the role)


Hmm. This plan has far more negatives than positives IMO. Mafia are basically in the dark only about one thing: blue powers. If they know who created which role, it becomes easier to snipe players if the need appears to fakeclaim (just snipe the player who created a specific role). On the other hand, it becomes impossible for them to act until a certain player has been eliminated. This might be useful in the early game, but come late game, every has-to-be-eliminated player should already be eliminated. This just makes it easier for them to plan their shots. In addition, isn't it more advantegeous to keep Mafia completely in the dark? "Fear of the unknown is the greatest fear." That should apply to Mafia as well.

Btw, is that Lovetap thing just a joke or an actual power?


Who could possibly know the answer to the bolded other than skater guy? Why are you even asking this? Also your input on the claim discussion was wholly unnecessary, as the side you were arguing for was already well represented.

S&B-

This is ridiculous

Show nested quote +
On June 22 2013 20:34 strongandbig wrote:
Sk8rboi having his vote on bc is pretty weird ATM. If he's really read up on tlmafia like he says then he must have some idea what he's doing.

I think he's trying to behave like "I not scared noob I vote big shot vet hurr hurr" and get people to have town reads on him. I don't like that. Fos on sk8rboi.


Cool story, but the town side of that story seems just as likely. I agree with Acro that this is a weak FoS.

Man, so many lurky folks. Kurumi is not reading the thread:

Show nested quote +
On June 23 2013 01:02 Kurumi wrote:
On June 22 2013 21:23 Acrofales wrote:
In general, I am pretty suspicious of those who have come into the thread and lamented the pitiful state it is in (Kurumi), yet have shown absolutely NO inclination to improve it in any way, shape or form.

Yadda yadda
What could I do couple of hours into the game? Voted the most malicious player, remarked on bad atmosphere and moved on.
I am not going to post stuff that makes no sense just to look like I do stuff, I do stuff because I do stuff, not because I want to look like I do stuff.
Why did you claim who you made role for? You know that we are likely to have Assassin-type role, right?

On June 22 2013 20:34 strongandbig wrote:
Sk8rboi having his vote on bc is pretty weird ATM. If he's really read up on tlmafia like he says then he must have some idea what he's doing.

I think he's trying to behave like "I not scared noob I vote big shot vet hurr hurr" and get people to have town reads on him. I don't like that. Fos on sk8rboi.


Easiest explanation is: he is playing around or has a role revolving around voting people. Keep that somewhere when we have more evidence pointing at sk8r (if any).

For some reason geript taunts me with his posts so I am not going to quote him ever, sorry guys.


This after Acro explained tirelessly why he likes the claim idea. I could kill Kurumi and feel ok about it.

Skater guy-

You really need to clear up your thoughts on BC more. Why is BC scum? Like, I think I know what you are thinking...but these whole 'I voted to gauge reactions' and 'normal people would see my vote as just trolling' things muddy the waters a lot.

BC-

Looking better with his recent posts. Back to null for me.

That's me being caught up. Gonna go back and dig more to refresh my scum reads.


Hmm. Just meant that considering Kurumi's experience in Mafia, I doubt his ace scum-opener would be such a weak post gathering negative attention. What's scummy about saying that? And that Lovetap-question was actually useful (at least for me personally), I think it was Acrofales who explained it quite well soon after. How did you possibly arrive at scummy because of that? Fluff question? Maybe, but it was useful for *me* to undertand what was going on.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
xxSK8rGUy277xx
Profile Joined September 2010
300 Posts
June 22 2013 21:59 GMT
#516
On June 23 2013 06:53 geript wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 23 2013 06:48 xxSK8rGUy277xx wrote:
I do not think trolling is a scum tell. His reactions to BC shooting me where that of a town berating a bad vigi.

Why does this make you think he's town?


This in itself doesn't, but coupled with the rest of my post it helps add to my opinion of him as a town. From a town perspective, me not dying means that BC got lucky and didn't kill a town member.

Berating a vigi who will kill people that are anti town is in hopes that he will not continue day killing for no reason. A very pro town thing. However, since Dandel is in the same position as me i.e. Threatened by an over-emotional vigi. It makes sense that he is going to call him out on making a bad decision.
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
June 22 2013 22:08 GMT
#517
As long as BC is able to explain why I would be scum, he'd be free to fancy his chances on me.

But he can't.
Nobody can, even if they try.
Because I'm not.
A backwards poet writes inverse.
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
June 22 2013 22:10 GMT
#518
Also I've been less focused yesterday, but it got better today.
A backwards poet writes inverse.
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
June 22 2013 22:10 GMT
#519
:333333
A backwards poet writes inverse.
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
June 22 2013 22:14 GMT
#520
On June 22 2013 07:42 Dandel Ion wrote:
Look at austin. He's a dog person. that must mean he's town. You howver are a cat person. JUSTIFY THIS BULLSHIT


On June 23 2013 07:10 Dandel Ion wrote:
:333333


DANDEL POSTING CAT FACES!!!!
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
Prev 1 24 25 26 27 28 184 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 43m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech137
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 5124
Bisu 2805
Soulkey 1748
Jaedong 715
Horang2 577
EffOrt 539
Mini 508
Larva 344
actioN 290
ZerO 272
[ Show more ]
ggaemo 239
Mind 96
sorry 82
Dewaltoss 77
Sea.KH 77
Sharp 75
Shinee 67
hero 66
Barracks 62
Pusan 57
Snow 51
Hyun 42
Bale 35
ToSsGirL 27
Trap 21
scan(afreeca) 20
Rock 17
NaDa 15
Terrorterran 15
Sacsri 12
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Noble 8
zelot 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5198
qojqva2491
Dendi1201
420jenkins158
Counter-Strike
fl0m2698
Fnx 658
x6flipin409
Other Games
hiko941
Liquid`RaSZi852
B2W.Neo504
Lowko378
crisheroes287
DeMusliM274
XBOCT196
Liquid`VortiX171
Livibee166
QueenE105
Mew2King44
ZerO(Twitch)19
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream28
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 67
• mYiSmile133
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 42
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV610
League of Legends
• Nemesis3516
• TFBlade627
• Noizen108
Other Games
• Shiphtur222
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
8h 43m
Patches Events
1d
The PondCast
1d 18h
INu's Battles
1d 19h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.