• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:42
CEST 00:42
KST 07:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8479 users

Doctor Who Mafia - Page 51

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 49 50 51 52 53 Next
GreYMisT
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States6736 Posts
May 24 2013 21:51 GMT
#1001
On May 25 2013 06:47 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 25 2013 06:45 Crossfire99 wrote:
GreY is too kind. He helped a lot with the idea, setup, and balance. He made sure you guys weren't in some horribly imbalanced game that was no fun. Thanks GreY!


Just browsed really fast the scumQT.

Crossfire, you made a big blunder providing mafia with a single fake-claim halfway through the game, a fake-claim of a role that didn't actually exist in the game.

The whole point of fakeclaiming as mafia is that it's a massive risk, and yet you randomly gave them a safe-claim of a role that wasn't in the game partway through the game. That's really bad.


In a closed theme game I design fakeclaims for the scum team so they are written with my style of flavor. I usually have the scum team tell me generally what powers they want the role to have and what they want it to do, and I will make it work. The point being to lessen the impact of roles in a game that is supposed to be about behavioral analysis.
"life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery" / Join TL Mafia! http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-24 21:53:21
May 24 2013 21:52 GMT
#1002
On May 25 2013 06:51 GreYMisT wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 25 2013 06:47 marvellosity wrote:
On May 25 2013 06:45 Crossfire99 wrote:
GreY is too kind. He helped a lot with the idea, setup, and balance. He made sure you guys weren't in some horribly imbalanced game that was no fun. Thanks GreY!


Just browsed really fast the scumQT.

Crossfire, you made a big blunder providing mafia with a single fake-claim halfway through the game, a fake-claim of a role that didn't actually exist in the game.

The whole point of fakeclaiming as mafia is that it's a massive risk, and yet you randomly gave them a safe-claim of a role that wasn't in the game partway through the game. That's really bad.


In a closed theme game I design fakeclaims for the scum team so they are written with my style of flavor. I usually have the scum team tell me generally what powers they want the role to have and what they want it to do, and I will make it work. The point being to lessen the impact of roles in a game that is supposed to be about behavioral analysis.


that's not what happened.

crossfire voluntarily gave the scumteam a fakeclaim of a role not in the game.

the flavour is nothing to do with it at all.

scum are supposed to ask for what role they want to claim, and the hosts can then give scum the flavour. hosts shouldn't unilaterally give scum a safe-claim of a role not present in the game
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
May 24 2013 21:53 GMT
#1003
the way it was done, crossfire basically told mafia "there isn't a cop, so you can claim cop"

that's not right
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
GreYMisT
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States6736 Posts
May 24 2013 21:54 GMT
#1004
On May 25 2013 06:52 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 25 2013 06:51 GreYMisT wrote:
On May 25 2013 06:47 marvellosity wrote:
On May 25 2013 06:45 Crossfire99 wrote:
GreY is too kind. He helped a lot with the idea, setup, and balance. He made sure you guys weren't in some horribly imbalanced game that was no fun. Thanks GreY!


Just browsed really fast the scumQT.

Crossfire, you made a big blunder providing mafia with a single fake-claim halfway through the game, a fake-claim of a role that didn't actually exist in the game.

The whole point of fakeclaiming as mafia is that it's a massive risk, and yet you randomly gave them a safe-claim of a role that wasn't in the game partway through the game. That's really bad.


In a closed theme game I design fakeclaims for the scum team so they are written with my style of flavor. I usually have the scum team tell me generally what powers they want the role to have and what they want it to do, and I will make it work. The point being to lessen the impact of roles in a game that is supposed to be about behavioral analysis.


that's not what happened.

crossfire voluntarily gave the scumteam a fakeclaim of a role not in the game.

the flavour is nothing to do with it at all.

scum are supposed to ask for what role they want to claim, and the hosts can then give scum the flavour. hosts shouldn't unilaterally give scum a safe-claim of a role not present in the game


There is a difference between fake claims and safe claims. I provide safe claims in most of my games.
"life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery" / Join TL Mafia! http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31
mkfuba07
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1151 Posts
May 24 2013 21:54 GMT
#1005
On May 25 2013 06:47 Zephirdd wrote:
Being the host of DN mafia made months ago, I feel proud that people still remember it.

I'll surely remember the DrWho one

I loved the game, just hated being wrong in the first game I got to lategame in. Especially because marv was the last scum, and he did naught things to my corpse...
Never trust a skinny innkeeper
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
May 24 2013 21:54 GMT
#1006
On May 25 2013 06:54 GreYMisT wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 25 2013 06:52 marvellosity wrote:
On May 25 2013 06:51 GreYMisT wrote:
On May 25 2013 06:47 marvellosity wrote:
On May 25 2013 06:45 Crossfire99 wrote:
GreY is too kind. He helped a lot with the idea, setup, and balance. He made sure you guys weren't in some horribly imbalanced game that was no fun. Thanks GreY!


Just browsed really fast the scumQT.

Crossfire, you made a big blunder providing mafia with a single fake-claim halfway through the game, a fake-claim of a role that didn't actually exist in the game.

The whole point of fakeclaiming as mafia is that it's a massive risk, and yet you randomly gave them a safe-claim of a role that wasn't in the game partway through the game. That's really bad.


In a closed theme game I design fakeclaims for the scum team so they are written with my style of flavor. I usually have the scum team tell me generally what powers they want the role to have and what they want it to do, and I will make it work. The point being to lessen the impact of roles in a game that is supposed to be about behavioral analysis.


that's not what happened.

crossfire voluntarily gave the scumteam a fakeclaim of a role not in the game.

the flavour is nothing to do with it at all.

scum are supposed to ask for what role they want to claim, and the hosts can then give scum the flavour. hosts shouldn't unilaterally give scum a safe-claim of a role not present in the game


There is a difference between fake claims and safe claims. I provide safe claims in most of my games.


what, unasked for in the middle of day 2? really?
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
phagga
Profile Joined February 2012
Switzerland2194 Posts
May 24 2013 21:55 GMT
#1007
On May 25 2013 06:54 mkfuba07 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 25 2013 06:47 Zephirdd wrote:
Being the host of DN mafia made months ago, I feel proud that people still remember it.

I'll surely remember the DrWho one

I loved the game, just hated being wrong in the first game I got to lategame in. Especially because marv was the last scum, and he did naught things to my corpse...

Where you the guy who drowned in semen?
"A person who does not concern himself with politics has already made the political choice he was so anxious to spare himself: he is serving the ruling party." - Max Frisch
GreYMisT
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States6736 Posts
May 24 2013 21:55 GMT
#1008
and remember that this is a closed themed game, meaning i could very well have had any character from all of Doctor who lore, with any role I see fit. being givin a safe claim from one cop variant does not mean that another cop variant does not exist in the game.
"life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery" / Join TL Mafia! http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31
Barbiero
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Brazil5259 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-24 21:55:58
May 24 2013 21:55 GMT
#1009
On May 25 2013 06:54 mkfuba07 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 25 2013 06:47 Zephirdd wrote:
Being the host of DN mafia made months ago, I feel proud that people still remember it.

I'll surely remember the DrWho one

I loved the game, just hated being wrong in the first game I got to lategame in. Especially because marv was the last scum, and he did naught things to my corpse...


If only that setup style wasn't so freaking impossible to balance and to host...

I think I'll write a bot to allow fast-paced setups like that in the future, if I get permission.
♥ The world needs more hearts! ♥
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
May 24 2013 21:56 GMT
#1010
Seriously, thank fuck for fuba, if I were alive I'd have killed Sentinel because I'd have reasoned randomly claiming cop was just too insanely risky for mafia to do.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Crossfire99
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1529 Posts
May 24 2013 21:56 GMT
#1011
On May 25 2013 06:54 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 25 2013 06:54 GreYMisT wrote:
On May 25 2013 06:52 marvellosity wrote:
On May 25 2013 06:51 GreYMisT wrote:
On May 25 2013 06:47 marvellosity wrote:
On May 25 2013 06:45 Crossfire99 wrote:
GreY is too kind. He helped a lot with the idea, setup, and balance. He made sure you guys weren't in some horribly imbalanced game that was no fun. Thanks GreY!


Just browsed really fast the scumQT.

Crossfire, you made a big blunder providing mafia with a single fake-claim halfway through the game, a fake-claim of a role that didn't actually exist in the game.

The whole point of fakeclaiming as mafia is that it's a massive risk, and yet you randomly gave them a safe-claim of a role that wasn't in the game partway through the game. That's really bad.


In a closed theme game I design fakeclaims for the scum team so they are written with my style of flavor. I usually have the scum team tell me generally what powers they want the role to have and what they want it to do, and I will make it work. The point being to lessen the impact of roles in a game that is supposed to be about behavioral analysis.


that's not what happened.

crossfire voluntarily gave the scumteam a fakeclaim of a role not in the game.

the flavour is nothing to do with it at all.

scum are supposed to ask for what role they want to claim, and the hosts can then give scum the flavour. hosts shouldn't unilaterally give scum a safe-claim of a role not present in the game


There is a difference between fake claims and safe claims. I provide safe claims in most of my games.


what, unasked for in the middle of day 2? really?

You should have played in WLIIA. Mafia got a confirmed blue (mentioned in the OP as blue) safe claim immediately and strongandbig breadcrumbed it in one of his first posts.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
May 24 2013 21:58 GMT
#1012
that was even more retarded, crossfire. don't make it right :p

in this game the roles were pretty standard with the exception of how they related to the board.

it's like in a normal game the mafia being told "this role doesn't exist, feel free to claim it". it's a massive advantage.

maybe it's just the way things are done in these games, but claiming blue in absolute safety for mafia doesn't seem right to me.

oh well. doesn't spoil the game or anything.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
mkfuba07
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1151 Posts
May 24 2013 21:59 GMT
#1013
On May 25 2013 06:55 phagga wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 25 2013 06:54 mkfuba07 wrote:
On May 25 2013 06:47 Zephirdd wrote:
Being the host of DN mafia made months ago, I feel proud that people still remember it.

I'll surely remember the DrWho one

I loved the game, just hated being wrong in the first game I got to lategame in. Especially because marv was the last scum, and he did naught things to my corpse...

Where you the guy who drowned in semen?

Yeah >: |
Never trust a skinny innkeeper
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
May 24 2013 21:59 GMT
#1014
On May 25 2013 06:59 mkfuba07 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 25 2013 06:55 phagga wrote:
On May 25 2013 06:54 mkfuba07 wrote:
On May 25 2013 06:47 Zephirdd wrote:
Being the host of DN mafia made months ago, I feel proud that people still remember it.

I'll surely remember the DrWho one

I loved the game, just hated being wrong in the first game I got to lategame in. Especially because marv was the last scum, and he did naught things to my corpse...

Where you the guy who drowned in semen?

Yeah >: |


<3
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
GreYMisT
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States6736 Posts
May 24 2013 22:00 GMT
#1015
On May 25 2013 06:58 marvellosity wrote:
that was even more retarded, crossfire. don't make it right :p

in this game the roles were pretty standard with the exception of how they related to the board.

it's like in a normal game the mafia being told "this role doesn't exist, feel free to claim it". it's a massive advantage.

maybe it's just the way things are done in these games, but claiming blue in absolute safety for mafia doesn't seem right to me.

oh well. doesn't spoil the game or anything.


The point being, no where in the OP did I say there would only be 1 cop, or give any blue examples at all. This should be a lesson in assumptions.

You might not like it, but this is the way that I run things.
"life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery" / Join TL Mafia! http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
May 24 2013 22:01 GMT
#1016
On May 25 2013 07:00 GreYMisT wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 25 2013 06:58 marvellosity wrote:
that was even more retarded, crossfire. don't make it right :p

in this game the roles were pretty standard with the exception of how they related to the board.

it's like in a normal game the mafia being told "this role doesn't exist, feel free to claim it". it's a massive advantage.

maybe it's just the way things are done in these games, but claiming blue in absolute safety for mafia doesn't seem right to me.

oh well. doesn't spoil the game or anything.


The point being, no where in the OP did I say there would only be 1 cop, or give any blue examples at all. This should be a lesson in assumptions.

You might not like it, but this is the way that I run things.


yes, so it was just coincidence that Crossfire randomly offered a role that wasn't in the game in the middle of the game? I don't buy it.

It's not Chrono Trigger where not having a role/flavour is actually a mafia-tell so everyone needs something to claim. The games aren't the same.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
mkfuba07
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1151 Posts
May 24 2013 22:03 GMT
#1017
On May 25 2013 06:56 marvellosity wrote:
Seriously, thank fuck for fuba, if I were alive I'd have killed Sentinel because I'd have reasoned randomly claiming cop was just too insanely risky for mafia to do.

Awwwww, thanks <3
Never trust a skinny innkeeper
Crossfire99
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1529 Posts
May 24 2013 22:03 GMT
#1018
On May 25 2013 06:58 marvellosity wrote:
that was even more retarded, crossfire. don't make it right :p

in this game the roles were pretty standard with the exception of how they related to the board.

it's like in a normal game the mafia being told "this role doesn't exist, feel free to claim it". it's a massive advantage.

maybe it's just the way things are done in these games, but claiming blue in absolute safety for mafia doesn't seem right to me.

oh well. doesn't spoil the game or anything.

No, I want you to be honest like this, so I can hear everyone's take on everything. Maybe it is because I've pretty much played in mostly GreY and iGrok games, but I don't think of claiming blue as meaning anything lol. I'll definitely keep your opinion in mind. I do definitely agree with GreY, though. This is a behavioral analysis game, and everything else is just to make it interesting, and I personally like crazy complicated stuff. I mean let's put it this way. Day 1's of crazy themed games are usually more interesting than normal games (imo) because setup talk means something and gets the game going and is usually a lot less forced than normal games.
GreYMisT
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States6736 Posts
May 24 2013 22:03 GMT
#1019
not having a role flavor in a heavily themed (flavor) game is not a tell?

I mean I'm sorry you are very clearly extremely upset by this, I should stop arguing.
"life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery" / Join TL Mafia! http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
May 24 2013 22:04 GMT
#1020
I'm really not very upset, don't worry.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Prev 1 49 50 51 52 53 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O182
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 497
ZZZero.O 182
Hyun 97
Dota 2
monkeys_forever373
League of Legends
Doublelift3760
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4502
Liquid`Hasu493
Other Games
summit1g13808
FrodaN1512
JimRising 341
KnowMe239
Livibee195
ViBE82
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick753
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 120
• Adnapsc2 37
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix4
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Scarra938
Other Games
• imaqtpie1066
• Shiphtur570
• tFFMrPink 11
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
11h 18m
Patches Events
16h 18m
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 18m
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 18m
OSC
1d
OSC
1d 13h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.