• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:41
CEST 00:41
KST 07:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8428 users

Doctor Who Mafia - Page 53

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 51 52 53
Crossfire99
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1529 Posts
May 24 2013 22:29 GMT
#1041
On May 25 2013 07:23 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 25 2013 07:21 GreYMisT wrote:
well on day 2 they only knew that you were a traditional medic. Plus its also hard to assume anything in my games frankly. I had vanilla town in a role madness game for example.

Do i personally do claims in the way crossfire did? No, as I said I normally have the scum tell me what powers they want, and i just put a name and flavor to it. I let corssfire handle much of the issues in this game, and did not find his safeclaim to be a game breaking problem due to the reasoning I have previously been providing.


Right, and that's a pretty big difference I think. Mafia should (in my opinion) have to ask Crossfire "I want to be a parity cop" or "I want to be a veteran" or what have you. Scum requesting powers is quite different from host giving a claim like that, i think

I see where your coming from. Honestly, what happened this game, was that I tried to think of a person related to the Weeping Angels that wasn't in the game already. I mistakenly gave them Canton Everett Delaware III because I confused him with Billy Shipton. Basically, I was just looking for someone involved with the Weeping Angels that I could use and a dt happened to fit the flavor I thought of first. I definitely thank you for opinion and will probably adopt GreY's policy now to make it simpler and less controversial.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
May 24 2013 22:31 GMT
#1042
On May 25 2013 07:29 Crossfire99 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 25 2013 07:23 marvellosity wrote:
On May 25 2013 07:21 GreYMisT wrote:
well on day 2 they only knew that you were a traditional medic. Plus its also hard to assume anything in my games frankly. I had vanilla town in a role madness game for example.

Do i personally do claims in the way crossfire did? No, as I said I normally have the scum tell me what powers they want, and i just put a name and flavor to it. I let corssfire handle much of the issues in this game, and did not find his safeclaim to be a game breaking problem due to the reasoning I have previously been providing.


Right, and that's a pretty big difference I think. Mafia should (in my opinion) have to ask Crossfire "I want to be a parity cop" or "I want to be a veteran" or what have you. Scum requesting powers is quite different from host giving a claim like that, i think

I see where your coming from. Honestly, what happened this game, was that I tried to think of a person related to the Weeping Angels that wasn't in the game already. I mistakenly gave them Canton Everett Delaware III because I confused him with Billy Shipton. Basically, I was just looking for someone involved with the Weeping Angels that I could use and a dt happened to fit the flavor I thought of first. I definitely thank you for opinion and will probably adopt GreY's policy now to make it simpler and less controversial.


it's not that controversial, it's just one thing i looked at that we've back and forthed for a few pages. if you're thinking about this game later i'd rather you thought of the success it was instead
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Barbiero
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Brazil5259 Posts
May 24 2013 22:34 GMT
#1043
I'd say phagga was MVP.

He came across as generally townie all game long and also helped in finding deconduo at late game.
♥ The world needs more hearts! ♥
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
May 24 2013 22:36 GMT
#1044
I'm not sure whether deconduo being mafia makes the last minute panic vote-switching on Day 1 less or more hilarious
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
phagga
Profile Joined February 2012
Switzerland2194 Posts
May 24 2013 22:37 GMT
#1045
On May 25 2013 07:36 marvellosity wrote:
I'm not sure whether deconduo being mafia makes the last minute panic vote-switching on Day 1 less or more hilarious

definately more. Reread the whole thing, I can't stop laughing while reading it.
"A person who does not concern himself with politics has already made the political choice he was so anxious to spare himself: he is serving the ruling party." - Max Frisch
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
May 24 2013 22:38 GMT
#1046
I shall do so :p epic stuff.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Crossfire99
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1529 Posts
May 24 2013 22:40 GMT
#1047
On May 25 2013 07:31 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 25 2013 07:29 Crossfire99 wrote:
On May 25 2013 07:23 marvellosity wrote:
On May 25 2013 07:21 GreYMisT wrote:
well on day 2 they only knew that you were a traditional medic. Plus its also hard to assume anything in my games frankly. I had vanilla town in a role madness game for example.

Do i personally do claims in the way crossfire did? No, as I said I normally have the scum tell me what powers they want, and i just put a name and flavor to it. I let corssfire handle much of the issues in this game, and did not find his safeclaim to be a game breaking problem due to the reasoning I have previously been providing.


Right, and that's a pretty big difference I think. Mafia should (in my opinion) have to ask Crossfire "I want to be a parity cop" or "I want to be a veteran" or what have you. Scum requesting powers is quite different from host giving a claim like that, i think

I see where your coming from. Honestly, what happened this game, was that I tried to think of a person related to the Weeping Angels that wasn't in the game already. I mistakenly gave them Canton Everett Delaware III because I confused him with Billy Shipton. Basically, I was just looking for someone involved with the Weeping Angels that I could use and a dt happened to fit the flavor I thought of first. I definitely thank you for opinion and will probably adopt GreY's policy now to make it simpler and less controversial.


it's not that controversial, it's just one thing i looked at that we've back and forthed for a few pages. if you're thinking about this game later i'd rather you thought of the success it was instead

Thanks! I was pretty worried about it because it was my first game and all, and had no clue about hosting and everything. I also didn't want it to be an imbalanced mess that was no fun, so I'm glad you enjoyed it. I also want everything to be perfect cause that's just me, though, so I definitely don't want things happening that could ruin the fun for people. And I always want to hear everyone's differing opinions because I can't think of everything and am definitely not perfect. Thanks for playing!
GreYMisT
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States6736 Posts
May 24 2013 22:40 GMT
#1048
fuba definitely helped drive the town in the late game, however this town did well. There were a number of people just exhibiting good townie traits, which is key in any game.
"life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery" / Join TL Mafia! http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
May 24 2013 22:40 GMT
#1049
Fuba gets MVP for saving my sorry ass and being the one whose logic ultimately won us the game. Day 4 when Dec planned to ninjalynch me as well and Day 5 when he pushed the Dec lynch and won us the game.
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
phagga
Profile Joined February 2012
Switzerland2194 Posts
May 24 2013 22:45 GMT
#1050
On May 25 2013 07:40 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
Fuba gets MVP for saving my sorry ass and being the one whose logic ultimately won us the game. Day 4 when Dec planned to ninjalynch me as well and Day 5 when he pushed the Dec lynch and won us the game.


Fuba really stepped up his game at the end, going through scenarios until he got it right. I might have had a good start, but the last two days I really lost myself in filters. I could not make sense of what was going on, whatever combination of people I came up with as scum didn't make sense. Mkfuba really saved us there.
"A person who does not concern himself with politics has already made the political choice he was so anxious to spare himself: he is serving the ruling party." - Max Frisch
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
May 24 2013 22:48 GMT
#1051
you definitely overcomplicated a bit towards the end, phagga, but it doesn't detract from your overall play.

Day 1 was really fun because there was a lot of town playing pretty decently, and the atmosphere was really good. Perfect to play in.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Crossfire99
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1529 Posts
May 24 2013 22:52 GMT
#1052
On May 25 2013 07:48 marvellosity wrote:
you definitely overcomplicated a bit towards the end, phagga, but it doesn't detract from your overall play.

Day 1 was really fun because there was a lot of town playing pretty decently, and the atmosphere was really good. Perfect to play in.

Honestly, this is what helped town the most. They had a great day 1 evidenced by having the two main lynch candidates being scum. I thought dec was going to get lynched the next day and then oats was going to have to carry the team, but then he slipped and made the game interesting and I don't know how he survived for so long, and somehow got 2 more townies lynched. lol. It was fun to watch.
mkfuba07
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1151 Posts
May 24 2013 23:30 GMT
#1053
Yeah, D1 was great. From my perspective, at least, I had about 4-5 people I wouldn't have voted for at all. Phagga was included, but then I got paranoid when all the others were dead. A read through the entire thread again reminded me why I felt that way in the first place. Something must be said for play that makes me consider you beyond suspicion even though I talked myself into wanting to lynch you less than a day before.

As for playing through scenarios, that's almost all I do when I play mafia. I don't think I actually know how to play like the rest of you. I mean, I'd think it would pretty much be the same, but most of you have seen my typical cases, and it's things like that that are flying through my head all game. That's why I really want to play a hydra game at some point, and get some insight into players' thoughts over the course of a game (anyone know if another one is starting anytime soon?).
Never trust a skinny innkeeper
Crossfire99
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1529 Posts
May 25 2013 01:31 GMT
#1054
Oh, just as a note to everyone. Dec saw Oats move because he was illuminated by BH's ability and Sent saw Dec move because he was illuminated by phagga. That is why they received pms.
deconduo
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Ireland4122 Posts
May 25 2013 13:29 GMT
#1055
Yeah, I got screwed over a bit by RL, though it was pretty much over at that stage anyway. Mkfuba switching his vote to oats with 2 minutes left pretty much ended the game for us. Had he not switched, I would have changed my vote to sentinel at the last minute, and gotten him lynched which would have won the game for us.

I think that the board was too big for us, and we started too far away from anyone to get any reasonable kills in. We were only able to feed once as a result of that. Once we had used up our normal KP we had very little chance of doing anything.

Overall a very fun game, and well played by town. Phagga and mkfuba for MVP.
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
May 25 2013 13:58 GMT
#1056
BLEHHHHH..
Lol
From the scum point of view, I think it was too difficult to feed on people, like I was chasing the same guy for the whole time I was alive and never managed to catch him. Also the movement from the townies and flashlights seemed to be redundant. Like they have no 'objective' other than running to where they hope the angels arent. Not exactly the most strategic game ever.

Also Dec, I feel that if you said that me and phagga were both town, we couldve won ((((((((
Why Dec WHY .

I shouldve died when I made that scumslip and disappeared. That was such a bad scumslip man. Thanks BH for being a total boss and bailing me out. .
No gg, No skill.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
May 25 2013 14:44 GMT
#1057
gg town
you played well
ghost_403
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1825 Posts
May 25 2013 17:40 GMT
#1058
gg everyone! That game was a ton of fun. Gj dec, that was a great bluff. I'm not sure I would have tried to lynch you this game.

Huge thanks to the hosts, this game was a ton of fun. Not enough Daleks, but otherwise great.
They say great science is built on the shoulders of giants. Not here. At Aperture, we do all our science from scratch, no hand holding. Step aside, REAL SCIENCE coming through.
Prev 1 51 52 53
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O182
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 503
ZZZero.O 174
Hyun 91
Dota 2
monkeys_forever352
League of Legends
Doublelift3696
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5415
Liquid`Hasu486
Other Games
summit1g14018
FrodaN1512
JimRising 341
KnowMe243
Livibee190
ViBE81
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick753
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 120
• Adnapsc2 40
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix4
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Scarra938
Other Games
• imaqtpie1066
• Shiphtur561
• tFFMrPink 11
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
11h 19m
Patches Events
16h 19m
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 19m
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 19m
OSC
1d
OSC
1d 13h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.