• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:28
CEST 13:28
KST 20:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)69Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror mca64Launcher 2.0 Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8439 users

Carnival Cruise Mafia - Page 114

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 112 113 114 115 116 118 Next
Adam4167
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia1426 Posts
May 25 2013 02:33 GMT
#2261
I loosely kept up with the main events of this game.

Read the notes Ace has provided, they're amazingly useful. Learn from your mistakes, grow into something better. If hes called you useless, hes outlined why that is - don't do what you were doing, in the future. After seeing the notes he gave in Death Factory 2 and now this game, you owe it to yourself to read them and absorb all of the information, even the comments directed at other people.

Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
May 25 2013 02:39 GMT
#2262
On May 25 2013 09:52 VisceraEyes wrote:
Out of curiosity, why didn't DI end the game? As far as I could tell SnB's math was right, did DI just not want to take our word for it?

Technically you hadn't fulfilled your wincondition yet and I was a bit too /drunked to do the absolute math on if it's inevitable or not for myself

so i decided to let ace decide rather than fuck up by accident
A backwards poet writes inverse.
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
May 25 2013 03:10 GMT
#2263
/ Kill myself.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
May 25 2013 03:38 GMT
#2264
On May 25 2013 11:39 Dandel Ion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 25 2013 09:52 VisceraEyes wrote:
Out of curiosity, why didn't DI end the game? As far as I could tell SnB's math was right, did DI just not want to take our word for it?

Technically you hadn't fulfilled your wincondition yet and I was a bit too /drunked to do the absolute math on if it's inevitable or not for myself

so i decided to let ace decide rather than fuck up by accident

It's cool that's what I figured. No gripes just wondering.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
May 25 2013 03:43 GMT
#2265
Any tips for how to play in the future on this website? I didn't really do anything scummy as far as I can see and I had cops checking me and vigs shooting me, etc.

Mafia didnt even have to kill me and my first two suspicions were prp and VE....thats just sad.
I come in for the scraps
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
May 25 2013 03:43 GMT
#2266
Also good analysis Ace, good read
I come in for the scraps
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-25 03:46:29
May 25 2013 03:45 GMT
#2267
I thought you played fine. No clue why (or can't remember) Vivax shot you because I thought there were some easier shots to take. When he shows up ask him.

ETA: Also Oats had investigated you and found you innocent Night 0. Was weird that he didn't seem to be basing anything off your alignment.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
May 25 2013 03:49 GMT
#2268
also looking through my filter..


2.
On May 14 2013 00:54 prplhz wrote:
@slOosh You suck


what the hell is that? out of nowhere and then sloosh starts talking a little later...are they in communication or what? so confused by this post.

[/QUOTE]

so since sloosh and prp were both scum together, was this in fact a scumslip like I thought? or unrelated
I come in for the scraps
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
May 25 2013 03:55 GMT
#2269
unrelated. how could you convince anyone that post is Scummy?
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
May 25 2013 03:57 GMT
#2270
I couldn't thats why I didnt bother commenting on it again

in fact I couldnt convince some one that a really scummy post was scummy since thats not my playstyle, I just get gutreads on people and go with it. Im not very eloquent, I would need a PR role to have impact on the game as town.
I come in for the scraps
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
May 25 2013 03:59 GMT
#2271
Some people can be convincing with gut reads. Just spend some time thinking about what your gut is telling you and you'll find something.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
May 25 2013 04:19 GMT
#2272
Ace, the reason I didnt want to 180 on anyone is cause it kinda makes it obvious that I am cop.

Like I wouldve tried and stopped the Vayne lynch if it was building, but Im not going to go like. DONT NIGHTKILL VAYNE, HE IS TOWN. Yeah.
Also I probably should read dead players filters. I always say this and I never do it.
bleh.
No gg, No skill.
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
May 25 2013 05:04 GMT
#2273
Ace your analysis is fucking fantastic.
I'm going to read through this multiple times and hopefully I'll learn some lessons I was sorely needing on how to fix my play.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
May 25 2013 05:09 GMT
#2274
Just focus more and ask better questions. I'd say re-read Day 1 to see how OO almost got lynched, and the Promethelax lynch. Those were the 2 biggest turning points in the game imo.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
prplhz
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Denmark8045 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-25 07:01:24
May 25 2013 07:00 GMT
#2275
On May 25 2013 12:49 VayneAuthority wrote:
also looking through my filter..


2.
Show nested quote +
On May 14 2013 00:54 prplhz wrote:
@slOosh You suck


what the hell is that? out of nowhere and then sloosh starts talking a little later...are they in communication or what? so confused by this post.

so since sloosh and prp were both scum together, was this in fact a scumslip like I thought? or unrelated

?

we weren't in communication about this in any way
http://i.imgur.com/M7t7egx.png
prplhz
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Denmark8045 Posts
May 25 2013 07:10 GMT
#2276
Also, self-aware millers should generally always claim first thing in the game.
http://i.imgur.com/M7t7egx.png
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-25 07:21:32
May 25 2013 07:20 GMT
#2277
On May 25 2013 08:52 prplhz wrote:
i really liked scum single kp

a lot of games this size will be scum 2kp and then drop when scum gets lynched but that just makes for snowballing games, scum will be powerful for longer if town can't kill them and scum will get nerfed if town manages to kill them, and that's not too cool


I've been thinking about this for a while and I'm probably going to keep it that way. For one much easier to balance, especially with Night Starts. Two, the crippling factor of losing KP with a member. Having Scum KP set at 1 with the team somehow able to temporarily increase it may be a good solution. By going to great lengths to up it (Scum Absorber + Captain + Bulletproof/Medic) or luck ( Russian Vigilante) should make it better for the them overall.

Speaking of Russian Vigi I need to put that in to whatever game I come up with next .

Also since no one is going to trust a Captain for a while probably would need to include Absorbers with a Rolecop in the game.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-25 07:43:55
May 25 2013 07:43 GMT
#2278
On May 25 2013 08:36 kushm4sta wrote:
i know for a fact that BH balances his teams.


I don't know why you keep on saying this, but I really RNG my teams. People complain about it a lot.

E: good work scumteam! special thanks to Ace for a sweet game and thoughtful notes.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
May 25 2013 07:44 GMT
#2279
On May 25 2013 16:20 Ace wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 25 2013 08:52 prplhz wrote:
i really liked scum single kp

a lot of games this size will be scum 2kp and then drop when scum gets lynched but that just makes for snowballing games, scum will be powerful for longer if town can't kill them and scum will get nerfed if town manages to kill them, and that's not too cool


I've been thinking about this for a while and I'm probably going to keep it that way. For one much easier to balance, especially with Night Starts. Two, the crippling factor of losing KP with a member. Having Scum KP set at 1 with the team somehow able to temporarily increase it may be a good solution. By going to great lengths to up it (Scum Absorber + Captain + Bulletproof/Medic) or luck ( Russian Vigilante) should make it better for the them overall.

Speaking of Russian Vigi I need to put that in to whatever game I come up with next .

Also since no one is going to trust a Captain for a while probably would need to include Absorbers with a Rolecop in the game.

Whenever this game happens I will be playing in it.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
prplhz
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Denmark8045 Posts
May 25 2013 08:44 GMT
#2280
What's a Russian Vigilante?
http://i.imgur.com/M7t7egx.png
Prev 1 112 113 114 115 116 118 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
20:00
WardiTV Mondays #107
IntoTheiNu 921
WardiTV349
OGKoka 90
Liquipedia
Afreeca Starleague
19:00
Ro4 Match 1
Afreeca ASL 12089
StarCastTV_EN333
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko300
OGKoka 90
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 14120
Bisu 5210
FanTaSy 3881
Jaedong 1510
Shuttle 1274
BeSt 1003
actioN 755
EffOrt 613
Horang2 534
Larva 298
[ Show more ]
Leta 298
Zeus 250
Dewaltoss 117
Barracks 108
Mind 105
Sexy 84
JYJ 83
scan(afreeca) 72
Mong 70
sorry 67
ToSsGirL 54
Shinee 41
sSak 40
Killer 39
Aegong 31
soO 27
Bale 26
Sea.KH 26
Free 25
HiyA 13
Sacsri 12
yabsab 7
Dota 2
XaKoH 345
Dendi283
Gorgc16
Counter-Strike
x6flipin214
Other Games
singsing2302
olofmeister1335
B2W.Neo385
crisheroes296
Pyrionflax214
dupreeh124
Livibee117
KnowMe101
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick636
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 208
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream31
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1353
Other Games
• WagamamaTV208
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
4h 32m
Replay Cast
11h 32m
Afreeca Starleague
22h 32m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
23h 32m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 12h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC S3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.