• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:42
CEST 17:42
KST 00:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)74Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9796 users

Carnival Cruise Mafia - Page 113

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 111 112 113 114 115 118 Next
kushm4sta
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States8878 Posts
May 24 2013 23:54 GMT
#2241
yes I stopped trying because I thought the game was solved. I thought the game was solved because I thought the scumteam was balanced.
There should be some transparency in how the teams are created. like host should say in the OP if teams are going to be completely random or fucked with.

@VE ok enjoy your next scumgame that I'm in. because I now have a tell on your scumplay that has remained consistent and exclusive to your past 5 scumgames (the only ones I've looked at). It is simple and it is distinctive and I will catch you within your first 20 posts. future gg
OMGUS.net, kush sex blogs every friday night
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
May 24 2013 23:55 GMT
#2242
Town had lots of weak roles that couldn't just dominate except the Vigilante. Some of them required actual thought but I guess the role PMs were too complex. In some cases players were just lazy and didn't read it or send in actions.

Scum had roles that were just bleh on their own but powerful if they manipulated situations to their benefit. All of them except the Hammerer role were good together. Hammerer was the most powerful one by itself but didn't get used. Captain role also let them know 2 of the Town PRs ahead of time.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
May 24 2013 23:57 GMT
#2243
On May 25 2013 08:52 prplhz wrote:
i really liked scum single kp

a lot of games this size will be scum 2kp and then drop when scum gets lynched but that just makes for snowballing games, scum will be powerful for longer if town can't kill them and scum will get nerfed if town manages to kill them, and that's not too cool


funny enough almost all my games go to LYLO

(Death Factory and World at War are clear exceptions)
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
May 24 2013 23:59 GMT
#2244
On May 25 2013 08:54 kushm4sta wrote:
yes I stopped trying because I thought the game was solved. I thought the game was solved because I thought the scumteam was balanced.
There should be some transparency in how the teams are created. like host should say in the OP if teams are going to be completely random or fucked with.

@VE ok enjoy your next scumgame that I'm in. because I now have a tell on your scumplay that has remained consistent and exclusive to your past 5 scumgames (the only ones I've looked at). It is simple and it is distinctive and I will catch you within your first 20 posts. future gg

You just don't get it. How the hosts balance teams means NOTHING kush. NOTHING. It DOESN'T MATTER whether the teams are balanced because he told you HOW MANY scum there were and the thread was full of POSTS by SCUM MEMBERS.

Who cares if Ace/VE/BC/marvellosity/L is the scumteam? They've still got to post to avoid modkill right? They've still got to explain why they're still alive at LYLO. They've STILL got to try and scumhunt. Whether Ace balances the game or not has NOTHING TO DO with your ability to find and eliminate scum. No amount of transparency about how the teams are formed IS GOING TO MAKE YOU READ THE FUCKING GAME KUSH.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
prplhz
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Denmark8045 Posts
May 25 2013 00:01 GMT
#2245
guys it's just a game

420 blaze it
http://i.imgur.com/M7t7egx.png
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
May 25 2013 00:02 GMT
#2246
OH I BLAZE IT
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
kushm4sta
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States8878 Posts
May 25 2013 00:03 GMT
#2247
i blaze it so much more than both of you dont even go there
OMGUS.net, kush sex blogs every friday night
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
May 25 2013 00:03 GMT
#2248
On May 25 2013 08:59 VisceraEyes wrote:
Who cares if Ace/VE/BC/marvellosity/L is the scumteam?


lol VE includes himself in the list. How cute.
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
prplhz
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Denmark8045 Posts
May 25 2013 00:03 GMT
#2249
On May 25 2013 08:54 kushm4sta wrote:
yes I stopped trying because I thought the game was solved. I thought the game was solved because I thought the scumteam was balanced.
There should be some transparency in how the teams are created. like host should say in the OP if teams are going to be completely random or fucked with.

@VE ok enjoy your next scumgame that I'm in. because I now have a tell on your scumplay that has remained consistent and exclusive to your past 5 scumgames (the only ones I've looked at). It is simple and it is distinctive and I will catch you within your first 20 posts. future gg

you can just PM the host and ask, i'm pretty sure most hosts don't balance their teams unless they're very imbalanced (Ace+Sandroba+EchelonTee v first gamers).
http://i.imgur.com/M7t7egx.png
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
May 25 2013 00:06 GMT
#2250
On May 25 2013 09:03 kitaman27 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 25 2013 08:59 VisceraEyes wrote:
Who cares if Ace/VE/BC/marvellosity/L is the scumteam?


lol VE includes himself in the list. How cute.

[image loading]
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
May 25 2013 00:07 GMT
#2251
Also I don't even know the relative skill levels of all the people in the game. What you may think is someone making the Scum team unbalanced, I may just view as "oh ok, this is going to work". It's not like the Town didn't have players that would have helped or moments of brilliance. You chose to ignore it. The Promethelax lynch was a gift platter that you still can't seem to figure out. Go back and re-read what happened there.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
prplhz
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Denmark8045 Posts
May 25 2013 00:11 GMT
#2252
my plan this game was to do absolutely nothing because then i might have outed my team (who actually knew how to play scum and put in a ton of effort) and i think it worked pretty well
http://i.imgur.com/M7t7egx.png
prplhz
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Denmark8045 Posts
May 25 2013 00:11 GMT
#2253
thanks for game notes Ace, just finished reading them
http://i.imgur.com/M7t7egx.png
kushm4sta
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States8878 Posts
May 25 2013 00:13 GMT
#2254
i would rather drown to death than reread this game
OMGUS.net, kush sex blogs every friday night
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
May 25 2013 00:16 GMT
#2255
and thats why you lost.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
May 25 2013 00:18 GMT
#2256
On May 25 2013 09:16 Ace wrote:
and thats why you lost.

And incidentally why you're probably at your skill ceiling. Just saying.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
May 25 2013 00:23 GMT
#2257
Like, why? WHY PLAY if you don't want to read? It's the most fundamental part of this game. Did you read Ace's thoughts Kush? If so, are you really still arguing about why you lost? If not, then seriously why do you play this game?

For the record Kush I don't think you're a bad player by any stretch...you're MUCH Better than you were when you started and I think you have potential to be better still...but if you don't like to/want to read games you're a part of then what's the point?
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
May 25 2013 00:52 GMT
#2258
Out of curiosity, why didn't DI end the game? As far as I could tell SnB's math was right, did DI just not want to take our word for it?
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
HiroPro
Profile Joined March 2012
United States2624 Posts
May 25 2013 00:52 GMT
#2259
gg. Thanks for the thoughts Ace and to all of the hosts.
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
May 25 2013 01:02 GMT
#2260
GG all!
I wish I had PMed Ace regarding my role, I thought I understood it but apparently it allowed for a double lynch!! (Not that I would have been ballsy enough to use it, but I dunno)
I should have used that shit on BH like D1.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Prev 1 111 112 113 114 115 118 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 18m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech143
UpATreeSC 62
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 5214
Bisu 2611
Soulkey 1631
Jaedong 736
Mini 541
EffOrt 527
Horang2 381
Larva 364
ggaemo 247
actioN 244
[ Show more ]
ZerO 242
Dewaltoss 98
Mind 92
hero 79
sorry 76
Sharp 71
Shinee 63
Snow 63
Sea.KH 60
Pusan 59
Barracks 53
Hyun 44
Bale 34
Trap 27
ToSsGirL 24
Rock 17
Terrorterran 16
NaDa 15
scan(afreeca) 14
Sacsri 12
zelot 10
Noble 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 5
Dota 2
Gorgc5629
qojqva2702
Dendi1174
420jenkins234
League of Legends
Reynor44
Counter-Strike
fl0m2526
Fnx 736
x6flipin493
edward40
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes246
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1053
hiko1022
B2W.Neo462
DeMusliM271
XBOCT252
Liquid`VortiX216
Livibee205
QueenE99
Mew2King46
ZerO(Twitch)19
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream24
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 76
• mYiSmile130
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 35
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV669
League of Legends
• Nemesis3657
• TFBlade555
Other Games
• Shiphtur330
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
8h 18m
Patches Events
1d
The PondCast
1d 18h
INu's Battles
1d 19h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.