• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:44
CEST 20:44
KST 03:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20267Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Biografia
Playlenda
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10455 users

Mafia Podcast! - Page 44

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 42 43 44 45 46 75 Next
sciberbia
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1359 Posts
April 15 2013 14:21 GMT
#861
On April 15 2013 22:56 iamperfection wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2013 22:50 sciberbia wrote:

what have you done

I could ask the same to you sir
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
April 15 2013 16:31 GMT
#862
hapa. If editing is to much trouble you could just post the whole thing with a disclaimer that it won't be that professional.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
April 15 2013 17:57 GMT
#863
long day at the office I see
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
April 15 2013 18:02 GMT
#864
Yeah I'm just going to dump the whole un-edited sound-file on a hosting site tonight.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
John Matrix
Profile Joined October 2012
163 Posts
April 15 2013 20:08 GMT
#865
there totally should be a document for the talking people to follow so we don't have to edit the damn thing.

We went super offtopic in this one. and I ramble with the best of them.
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
April 16 2013 05:24 GMT
#866
I want to do a cast with some people where we talk about acceptable thread behavior within a mafia game and how to handle situations where you are offended or insulted by what's going on in the game.

Hopefully we could come to some conclusions most people can agree on so that we can sort of clean up threads and keep people from quitting the game because of it. I know we in the Nomination podcast touched upon this, but I think it has been more of an issue lately.
Writer@WriterYamato
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
April 16 2013 05:55 GMT
#867
I terrible guest for that cast but would listen for sho.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
April 16 2013 05:59 GMT
#868
I feel like I should definitely be a guest for that cast.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
April 16 2013 06:03 GMT
#869
If Hapa doesn't mind sharing how he records his casts with me, I would be more than happy to host and coordinate this whole thing. I have more free time than ever now, so there's little in my way but my own laziness.
Writer@WriterYamato
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
April 16 2013 06:18 GMT
#870
another incident?
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
April 16 2013 07:06 GMT
#871
I have it uploading right now :3
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-16 14:19:08
April 16 2013 07:12 GMT
#872
On April 16 2013 14:24 yamato77 wrote:
I want to do a cast with some people where we talk about acceptable thread behavior within a mafia game and how to handle situations where you are offended or insulted by what's going on in the game.

Hopefully we could come to some conclusions most people can agree on so that we can sort of clean up threads and keep people from quitting the game because of it. I know we in the Nomination podcast touched upon this, but I think it has been more of an issue lately.

I could yell at people in that cast.

Its not like its complicated though
1.) Don't insult people
2.) Remember its just a game
3.) When in doubt take it to the host

And finally its the hosts responsibility to set the guidelines for what is acceptable and what isn't in his game and enforce things accordingly.

EDIT: To answer the typical "I'm not flaming, I'm being aggressive" argument, you can argue without insulting people. "Your arguments suck balls, and are stupid, and you are clearly not reading the thread" or "This case is crap, try again" are aggressive, but not offensive, "You are a fucking retard if you believe your case and you should get your head examined for thinking he's mafia" is flaming and, in my games at least, utterly unacceptable. You attack cases, and posts, not people.
Moderator
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
April 16 2013 07:33 GMT
#873
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BztYu18cOor9cTdUMTFjdmYtVXM/edit?usp=sharing

It's up wheeeeee.

I'll put it up on a streaming site if people want it, but I think google-drive suffices and is more convenient overall.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
JacobStrangelove
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia1572 Posts
April 16 2013 12:48 GMT
#874
On the topic of people in obs reading better than in game due to emotions. That would destroy me, maybe because I hardly pay attention to games I am ob-sing but emotion is a beautiful thing.

And yes because I was mentioned at the end (which fyi was the best part[not me, just the funny stories]) I probably will play a proper game in my mid semester break. I just find doing multiple things at once is rather busy/annoying.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
April 16 2013 13:13 GMT
#875
I think hosts could be stricter. I've been trying recently to be less abrasive, but heat of the moment stuff happens to plenty of players. If hosts have a direct idea of what is acceptable and the first time they see something that isn't they warn the player/thread that if it happens again there'll be modkills, I think that would help. I know ultimately it should be down to the players, but I really think a strict, proactive host helps with that. And if it became the 'norm' and people expected it, then an attitude shift would come along too.

When I sign up for a GMarshal game I know I have to be on best behaviour, and just having knowledge of what the host is willing to put up with is pretty helpful in that regard.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
April 20 2013 23:35 GMT
#876
so yeah, we've had a few games lately and people have brought up some interesting topics.

would you guys wanna do a show tonight? maybe in 1h30m?
Computer says mafia
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
April 21 2013 00:20 GMT
#877
On April 16 2013 22:13 marvellosity wrote:
I think hosts could be stricter. I've been trying recently to be less abrasive, but heat of the moment stuff happens to plenty of players. If hosts have a direct idea of what is acceptable and the first time they see something that isn't they warn the player/thread that if it happens again there'll be modkills, I think that would help. I know ultimately it should be down to the players, but I really think a strict, proactive host helps with that. And if it became the 'norm' and people expected it, then an attitude shift would come along too.

When I sign up for a GMarshal game I know I have to be on best behaviour, and just having knowledge of what the host is willing to put up with is pretty helpful in that regard.

I've been on all three sides. Both the side where I get incredibly frustrated with someone, been the target of abuse, and been in a game where people have abused one another. I find it very hard to really draw a thick line. Especially situations where one person tries to convince the other of something seemingly elementary. It's easy to imagine losing your temper in such a situation, yet it does ruin the overall atmosphere.

I think I rolled scum this discussion because I'm being wishy washy as fuck.
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
April 21 2013 00:58 GMT
#878
ok later
Computer says mafia
ObviousOne
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3704 Posts
April 26 2013 06:09 GMT
#879
I need to join some kind of mafia Skype group to talk about mafia stuff in general. Scumcast 3 was great. Loved the part where Hapa railed on me for not reading my role PM in RTP when it should have been obvious to many that I was blatantly copying Chez. Speaking of. Someone get him on the next Scumcast. Also don't tell me it's bad to not read your role PM, I know, I saw how well it went down when you aren't actually Chezinu =P
Fear is the only darkness. ~Destiny Fan Club operator~
Promethelax
Profile Joined February 2012
Canada7089 Posts
April 26 2013 06:29 GMT
#880
there are a lot of us on skype at any given time. Send me a pm with your skype address and I'll add you (anyone, not just OO). I always enjoy talking about mafia and love the insight into other players which I gain through talking to them outside of games. I also really like getting better, which usually happens when I talk/think about mafia with someone else.
TL Mafia. Love it. Play it. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 I find Kennigit really attractive. If anyone has a picture of him please feel free to PM it to me.
Prev 1 42 43 44 45 46 75 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 31m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 614
ProTech137
UpATreeSC 125
JuggernautJason48
MindelVK 32
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 31344
Calm 3011
Shuttle 809
firebathero 155
Mini 120
Dewaltoss 115
HiyA 30
Hyun 27
NaDa 26
soO 24
[ Show more ]
Bale 23
Aegong 21
PianO 19
Sacsri 5
Dota 2
Gorgc7779
XaKoH 279
Fuzer 154
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1580
fl0m1459
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu568
Other Games
FrodaN1357
Beastyqt817
ceh9551
B2W.Neo546
mouzStarbuck432
Livibee191
byalli142
C9.Mang0127
ToD108
KnowMe104
RotterdaM104
Trikslyr79
Mew2King55
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 53
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki29
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur847
• imaqtpie801
• WagamamaTV262
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 31m
Replay Cast
4h 16m
OSC
1d 4h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 15h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 22h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.