• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:01
CEST 22:01
KST 05:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8974 users

Newbie Mini Mafia XXXVII - Page 82

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 80 81 82 83 84 92 Next
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
February 19 2013 19:35 GMT
#1621
On February 20 2013 04:28 thrawn2112 wrote:
imo town's biggest mistake was all of D2. It's fine to park your votes on the almost confirmed SK but that doesn't mean you can't set your sights on a scum lynch in the meantime (if you feel confident that you've found one of course.)


Most of town was scummier than the scumteam.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
February 19 2013 19:41 GMT
#1622
if you're trying to suggest that mafia didn't deserve the win, or that you yourself are above how you've generalized all of town's play then you're quite wrong

i could feel your rage after the silly D1 lynch and thought you were town because of it, but with your "this town is terrible" attitude you put on for the rest of the game you were definitely contributing to the negative town atmosphere
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
February 19 2013 19:48 GMT
#1623
On February 20 2013 04:41 thrawn2112 wrote:
if you're trying to suggest that mafia didn't deserve the win, or that you yourself are above how you've generalized all of town's play then you're quite wrong

i could feel your rage after the silly D1 lynch and thought you were town because of it, but with your "this town is terrible" attitude you put on for the rest of the game you were definitely contributing to the negative town atmosphere


I didn't see a way to make town play decently, so I got super lazy. I'm aware this isn't good town play. I still don't see a way I could have won the game (esp. not with this setup). I'm honestly not bitter about losing anymore, (although I was sour for a bit), but I'm curious as to real suggestions as to how I could have pursued a victory as well as some thoughts as to how town in general can hope to ever win in a 9-3-1 setup.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
zarepath
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1626 Posts
February 19 2013 19:48 GMT
#1624
When/where is the next mini mafia that isn't a newbie one? I've done 5 now, so I'm probably out LOL
"Your efforts you put in will never betray you." - Flash | "If I'm not good enough, I don't wanna win." - Naniwa
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
February 19 2013 19:49 GMT
#1625
Oh yeah, I agree there was some good mafia play from at least 1 of their players. I don't think it made much difference though.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
zarepath
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1626 Posts
February 19 2013 19:57 GMT
#1626
Sn0 go sign up for This Town Ain'T Big Enough Mafia
"Your efforts you put in will never betray you." - Flash | "If I'm not good enough, I don't wanna win." - Naniwa
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
February 19 2013 20:00 GMT
#1627
On February 20 2013 04:57 zarepath wrote:
Sn0 go sign up for This Town Ain'T Big Enough Mafia


I was really tempted. I don't really think its a good idea though. I'm out of town with no internet for most of this upcoming weekend. Over that time I'd be lucky to get in an unexplained vote (although I guess in the duel format I most likely wouldn't need to defend myself in that period of time). The setup looks awesome although I'm worried I'd complain about it at endgame (given how I complained about NMM35 even when it made us win rofl).
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
zarepath
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1626 Posts
February 19 2013 20:01 GMT
#1628
On February 20 2013 04:48 Sn0_Man wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 20 2013 04:41 thrawn2112 wrote:
if you're trying to suggest that mafia didn't deserve the win, or that you yourself are above how you've generalized all of town's play then you're quite wrong

i could feel your rage after the silly D1 lynch and thought you were town because of it, but with your "this town is terrible" attitude you put on for the rest of the game you were definitely contributing to the negative town atmosphere


I didn't see a way to make town play decently, so I got super lazy. I'm aware this isn't good town play. I still don't see a way I could have won the game (esp. not with this setup). I'm honestly not bitter about losing anymore, (although I was sour for a bit), but I'm curious as to real suggestions as to how I could have pursued a victory as well as some thoughts as to how town in general can hope to ever win in a 9-3-1 setup.


We had a 2-in-3 shot on Day 3 and just didn't know it. A little more rigor when Sylencia seemed too easy of a lynch is all it would've taken. I feel like I personally could have switched the vote onto Mandalor if I had taken the time and effort.
"Your efforts you put in will never betray you." - Flash | "If I'm not good enough, I don't wanna win." - Naniwa
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
February 19 2013 20:07 GMT
#1629
On February 20 2013 05:01 zarepath wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 20 2013 04:48 Sn0_Man wrote:
On February 20 2013 04:41 thrawn2112 wrote:
if you're trying to suggest that mafia didn't deserve the win, or that you yourself are above how you've generalized all of town's play then you're quite wrong

i could feel your rage after the silly D1 lynch and thought you were town because of it, but with your "this town is terrible" attitude you put on for the rest of the game you were definitely contributing to the negative town atmosphere


I didn't see a way to make town play decently, so I got super lazy. I'm aware this isn't good town play. I still don't see a way I could have won the game (esp. not with this setup). I'm honestly not bitter about losing anymore, (although I was sour for a bit), but I'm curious as to real suggestions as to how I could have pursued a victory as well as some thoughts as to how town in general can hope to ever win in a 9-3-1 setup.


We had a 2-in-3 shot on Day 3 and just didn't know it. A little more rigor when Sylencia seemed too easy of a lynch is all it would've taken. I feel like I personally could have switched the vote onto Mandalor if I had taken the time and effort.


Eh... I mentioned how easy the lynch was on Syl but at the very beginning of that day there were instantly 2 votes on Sevryn from players scummy enough that I didn't think a lynch on him was gonna be any better in terms of "no resistance" (hell, I bet you mocsta would have bussed Sev pretty hard if his Syl vote got no traction). Which leaves mandalor as the one that wasn't "too easy" but I fail to see what makes mandalor a better target, really. Most of his extremely sparse filter didn't look any worse than the others, and his IRL excuse for no contribution was better than Syl's "I always contribute nothing" excuse.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
February 19 2013 20:10 GMT
#1630
Lol gratz scum on the easiest win ever.

Half of the town decided to lurk, and the scum just had a ridiculously easy time.

A lot of players played like crap and made ridiculously stupid arguments.

NMM is only ever fun as scum...
Grubby's #1 Fan
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
February 19 2013 20:14 GMT
#1631
On February 20 2013 05:10 cDgCorazon wrote:
Lol gratz scum on the easiest win ever.

Half of the town decided to lurk, and the scum just had a ridiculously easy time.

A lot of players played like crap and made ridiculously stupid arguments.

NMM is only ever fun as scum...


Cor you need to do some soul searching before making posts like that
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
February 19 2013 20:22 GMT
#1632
When does the next NMM begin?
I want to play my 3 already so I can play in a game where more than half the players actually participate.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
February 19 2013 20:23 GMT
#1633
You can just tell I get more frustrated as the game goes on.

I was so convinced that Syl was scum because he refused to take a challenging argument. It was so obvious to say that Mandalor and Sevryn were scum only because they were lurking. It wasn't scumhunting. When he flipped town I had really had had it with Sn0 and Zare because they just sat back and allowed Mocsta to control the game (I can't take on Mocsta myself because he is ridiculously good at Mafia).

Testsubject also wore me down because he was making the exact same crap arguments on me that Geript did. I don't really understand why Geript doesn't want to play with me again because I gave him credit for the arguments he made against me. I felt like they weren't enough to lynch me, and I asked multiple times for people to give other reasons why I am scum.

I'm not saying that I was carrying the town on my back and that I was the only one trying, I'm saying that if everyone had been active, townies had played a better game (sure the Obs QT wanted me dead but no one in-game called it out), and things had gone more our way (meaning scum tried to kill me), town would have stood a better chance.

It was a piss-poor effort from all of us, which allowed Mocsta to basically take over and do whatever he wanted.

I'm always scared of playing with Mocsta because I can't actually tell his town meta from his scum meta, which scares me a lot.

Lastly, I made 3 crumbs. Did anyone pick up on them?

Actually lastly, I hope you're doing alright Mandalor. Sorry about pressuring you to contribute, and I hope you are able to deal with your RL situation.
Grubby's #1 Fan
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
February 19 2013 20:25 GMT
#1634
On February 20 2013 05:22 WaveofShadow wrote:
When does the next NMM begin?
I want to play my 3 already so I can play in a game where more than half the players actually participate.


You are free to sign up for TL Mafia LX which explicitly states that signups are open to everybody.

The goal of NMM games is to allow players to familiarize themselves with TL forum mafia as a whole (and hopefully brush up their skills) with access to coaches etc.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
February 19 2013 20:26 GMT
#1635
On February 20 2013 05:22 WaveofShadow wrote:
When does the next NMM begin?
I want to play my 3 already so I can play in a game where more than half the players actually participate.

You don't have to play newbies.
A backwards poet writes inverse.
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-19 20:27:56
February 19 2013 20:26 GMT
#1636
Forgot one last thing: I'd like to think Austinmcc for helping me out and giving me some good ideas and some good direction for my next town experience =)

Another last thing: I don't understand where I did not say why I joined in on the glurio lynch, and where I did not refute Geript's arguments.
Grubby's #1 Fan
Promethelax
Profile Joined February 2012
Canada7089 Posts
February 19 2013 20:26 GMT
#1637
I can't take on Mocsta myself because he is ridiculously good at Mafia.


I think you'll find that Mocsta is in fact very loud. Which is different than being very good at mafia. The way to tell his town play from his scum play is simply his goal. When he is town he tries to make things go right and works with others he thinks are town. As scum he goes just a little more insane.
TL Mafia. Love it. Play it. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 I find Kennigit really attractive. If anyone has a picture of him please feel free to PM it to me.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 19 2013 20:27 GMT
#1638
Gg guys.

Can understand the pain. Hurts when u think one of your own has been actively hindering your thought processes all game. :;

But yes the SK slip was bad in the con text that I knew he wasn't scum...but it was genuinely based on TS being solely focused on SK/vig

Just remember I actively lead town to each lynch.. It was by no means an easy win, I don't think if sno/zare delurked over the weekend I would have been high for suspicion and I still had war baby I could push.
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
February 19 2013 20:30 GMT
#1639
Bleh, one more thing:

Scum, why'd you kill Geript N1?
Grubby's #1 Fan
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
February 19 2013 20:31 GMT
#1640
On February 20 2013 05:23 cDgCorazon wrote:
You can just tell I get more frustrated as the game goes on.


You sounded pretty darn frustrated day 1 when we wouldn't lynch warbaby... if it got worse from there then I don't know what to say.

On February 20 2013 05:23 cDgCorazon wrote:
Lastly, I made 3 crumbs. Did anyone pick up on them?


Not I.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
Prev 1 80 81 82 83 84 92 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 1515
RotterdaM980
TaKeTV 389
IndyStarCraft 183
SteadfastSC183
ZombieGrub78
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 1515
RotterdaM 980
IndyStarCraft 183
SteadfastSC 183
MaxPax 180
RuFF_SC2 105
ZombieGrub78
UpATreeSC 77
MindelVK 22
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2728
Shuttle 502
Dewaltoss 114
910 68
Mind 62
Bale 13
Counter-Strike
fl0m3833
pashabiceps1197
Fnx 687
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu693
Other Games
Grubby4244
summit1g1775
Beastyqt756
shahzam472
mouzStarbuck423
ToD199
C9.Mang0157
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV210
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream22
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 202
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 14
• Eskiya23 14
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade303
Other Games
• imaqtpie841
• Shiphtur294
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
2h 59m
Afreeca Starleague
13h 59m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
14h 59m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 3h
Patches Events
1d 19h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.