• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:40
CEST 10:40
KST 17:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8779 users

Newbie Mini Mafia XXXV - Page 3

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 All
Spaghetticus
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia451 Posts
January 19 2013 13:52 GMT
#942
If people think my voteswitch was scummy. Can anyone give me a better course of action that I could have taken with the information available and my playstyle, from a presumed town perspective?
+ Show Spoiler +

I assume you're going to say that I should have justified my vote then and there, and that not doing so is scummy?

Why is it scummy? What possible scum intention could I have? I am so sick of my intentions being misinterpreted just because they are not entirely standard. THIS GAME IS NOT SPOT THE DIFFERENCE. For something to be scummy, it must have a scummy intention. Going back to bed was not good for my agenda regardless of whether I am town or scum. I was tired and half asleep. A Town me would see that he could make one of his preferred lynches happen and be content. A Scum me would need to stay awake in order to guide the lynch. While conventional logic dictates that a scum doesn't care who gets lynched, this is wrong. A scum needs to make sure that scum is not lynched. A Town has the fallback of the possibility he was wrong when he does not get the lynch he wants [as demonstrated by this very game]. STOP HITTING ME BECAUSE I'M DIFFERENT OR LAZY, HIT ME BECAUSE MY ACTIONS SPEAK OF SCUMMY INTENT.
Spaghetticus
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia451 Posts
January 19 2013 14:13 GMT
#946
[quote] [QUOTE]On January 18 2013 12:07 JacobStrangelove wrote:
[QUOTE]On January 15 2013 02:19 Spaghetticus wrote:

(3) - OmniEulogy is confirmed town. He has changed his meta from scummy to actual pro-town. This is a read from a more complex dialogue outside of the game, but put simply:

- he has played deliberately scummy in previous games in order to give himself room to work with when he actually rolls scum

- I warned him that while I have been avoiding him in game I had decided to tunnel him as I could no longer take the bullshit, along as communicating several reasons for why a better player would play to the best of their ability every game

- He improved his style when he did not need to. I was not in the game to tunnel him, and if he rolled scum he would have had three games worth of established scummy play to work with, all but guaranteeing him a scum victory if he rolled scum.

If he rolled scum he would be under zero pressure to change his style and we would be looking at a clusterfuck of WIFOM and OMGUS instead of the rational play he is demonstrating.
[/QUOTE]


While this turned out to be true I think this might have been a scum slip, even with all the evidence town are normally far more careful with reads. For example with this evidence I would say most likely town and would think of the possibility of having improved his play to appear more town not remaining scummy to appear more town. (although I haven't seen him play before I don't think?)



Also in general Spags meta is way off... he is the only other australian and while he has given reasons for being less active you would have thought he would have at least chimed it (it's almost 1pm Australian time)

So in other words his meta is off, he isn't posting much (which is a separate issue from meta while being connected) and he isn't following though on his non LAL policy. A LAL policy is really easy for scum to talk about because it requires no evidence beside from lack of content.


Also he posted this
[quote]
I want you there on day three because you are active, and if you are scum you will slip as a result. If you downgrade your activity I will shit on you for motivated lurking. It is clear that I want you to stop wasting time being a victim, and I am not the only person with these thoughts. You are not responsible for other people lurking, but you are responsible for hiding their posts with tirades of self-pitying crap.[/quote]

Is seems he has taken up the mantle of motivated lurking.... after being so bold and aggressive against them has he realised he can't keep up?


FOS# Spaghetticus
[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]

A scum-slip? Fuckoff. With this evidence you would have been wrong. I have also had the pleasure of playing two games Omni, and I have a feel for his play and mind-set. I looked at his intentions behind this massive change and saw only town motive, with zero possibility of scum short of some sort of complex (and spontaneously appearing) code of conduct. I gave you the brief version, as that was all that was functionally needed. Again, I WAS FUCKING RIGHT. I know scum have information that town do not, but again I respond with an argument based on a now familiar paradigm:

If I say something it is ignored until I am proven correct, and then I must be scum for knowing.

I do have information that you do not. I talked to OmniEulogy and you didn't (though I believe the conversation is available in the obs QT for XXXIV). What possible SCUM MOTIVE could I have for protecting a townie? He would likely still be in the game if he hadn't DCed, and I would be getting zero credit. I could make a long term play and have Omni killed day four or so, which would gain me town cred, but by reducing the number of threats townies were thinking about I would be doing town a ginormous favour in finding a scummy spag and his scummy friends. This would not be a good play, particularly since any fire that would be going onto Omni would be going directly onto me for protecting him. Your analysis of his actions was okay, as you thought him probable town, but ultimately inferior due to the depth of your probing. Your proposition that he could start acting as town while being scum is simply an inferior play when he's spent three games setting up a scummy meta. You know it, I know it, and Omni would know it.

As for me being inactive... I'm sorry for that but it was unavoidable as previously stated. I have sleep issues that have affected previous games, I am busy with obligations to my family, and I am in the middle of sorting out the next semester of university. I can't make you believe me on these things, but I am still managing to get a fair bit done, and more than some other players. The action that takes place without me is... negligible.

Spaghetticus
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia451 Posts
January 19 2013 14:16 GMT
#947
EBWOP: fucked the BBcode REALLY hard. Ignore the above post.

On January 18 2013 12:07 JacobStrangelove wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 15 2013 02:19 Spaghetticus wrote:

(3) - OmniEulogy is confirmed town. He has changed his meta from scummy to actual pro-town. This is a read from a more complex dialogue outside of the game, but put simply:

- he has played deliberately scummy in previous games in order to give himself room to work with when he actually rolls scum

- I warned him that while I have been avoiding him in game I had decided to tunnel him as I could no longer take the bullshit, along as communicating several reasons for why a better player would play to the best of their ability every game

- He improved his style when he did not need to. I was not in the game to tunnel him, and if he rolled scum he would have had three games worth of established scummy play to work with, all but guaranteeing him a scum victory if he rolled scum.

If he rolled scum he would be under zero pressure to change his style and we would be looking at a clusterfuck of WIFOM and OMGUS instead of the rational play he is demonstrating.



While this turned out to be true I think this might have been a scum slip, even with all the evidence town are normally far more careful with reads. For example with this evidence I would say most likely town and would think of the possibility of having improved his play to appear more town not remaining scummy to appear more town. (although I haven't seen him play before I don't think?)



Also in general Spags meta is way off... he is the only other australian and while he has given reasons for being less active you would have thought he would have at least chimed it (it's almost 1pm Australian time)

So in other words his meta is off, he isn't posting much (which is a separate issue from meta while being connected) and he isn't following though on his non LAL policy. A LAL policy is really easy for scum to talk about because it requires no evidence beside from lack of content.


Also he posted this
Show nested quote +

I want you there on day three because you are active, and if you are scum you will slip as a result. If you downgrade your activity I will shit on you for motivated lurking. It is clear that I want you to stop wasting time being a victim, and I am not the only person with these thoughts. You are not responsible for other people lurking, but you are responsible for hiding their posts with tirades of self-pitying crap.


Is seems he has taken up the mantle of motivated lurking.... after being so bold and aggressive against them has he realised he can't keep up?


FOS# Spaghetticus


A scum-slip? Fuckoff. With this evidence you would have been wrong. I have also had the pleasure of playing two games Omni, and I have a feel for his play and mind-set. I looked at his intentions behind this massive change and saw only town motive, with zero possibility of scum short of some sort of complex (and spontaneously appearing) code of conduct. I gave you the brief version, as that was all that was functionally needed. Again, I WAS FUCKING RIGHT. I know scum have information that town do not, but again I respond with an argument based on a now familiar paradigm:

If I say something it is ignored until I am proven correct, and then I must be scum for knowing.

I do have information that you do not. I talked to OmniEulogy and you didn't (though I believe the conversation is available in the obs QT for XXXIV). What possible SCUM MOTIVE could I have for protecting a townie? He would likely still be in the game if he hadn't DCed, and I would be getting zero credit. I could make a long term play and have Omni killed day four or so, which would gain me town cred, but by reducing the number of threats townies were thinking about I would be doing town a ginormous favour in finding a scummy spag and his scummy friends. This would not be a good play, particularly since any fire that would be going onto Omni would be going directly onto me for protecting him. Your analysis of his actions was okay, as you thought him probable town, but ultimately inferior due to the depth of your probing. Your proposition that he could start acting as town while being scum is simply an inferior play when he's spent three games setting up a scummy meta. You know it, I know it, and Omni would know it.

As for me being inactive... I'm sorry for that but it was unavoidable as previously stated. I have sleep issues that have affected previous games, I am busy with obligations to my family, and I am in the middle of sorting out the next semester of university. I can't make you believe me on these things, but I am still managing to get a fair bit done, and more than some other players. The action that takes place without me is... negligible.
Spaghetticus
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia451 Posts
January 19 2013 14:31 GMT
#949
On January 19 2013 01:20 shz wrote:
Spag is indeed very interesting. He plays just strange. In the beginning it was okay because he just replaced the troll and had to settle in. His LAL thing was okay, but in the end worthless as we lynched the GF on d2 with him being the most active player.

But thats over now. And I still don't get the vote-switch.

@Spaghetticus:
You said you will wake up in time for the lynch and participate. You did. Or, you were awake at least. You came in, changed your vote and went off. Why did you not post your explanation before the flip? You are a self-proclaimed god in Mafia, so why the fuck do you do something so obviously bad?

Also, confirming my last 10% of being town is not a good enough reason to lynch someone. Not that I disagree that Trot should be looked upon.



I already posted a response to this, but I think your wording and the way you came across was really shitty. You are in the happy place of being confirmed town by one action, you are a valuable if not the most valuable member we have in that your questions come not as possible scum machinations, but genuine town concern. Everyone can answer you plainly knowing they are not being lead by malicious intent.

And yet... You are applying little critical thought to the game.

(1) - Voting without explanation hurts all agendas.

(2) - I can't remember calling myself a God, but I assume you misinterpreted some banter as I entered the thread? I do remember easing myself into the game by talking myself up a little, but this should be plain for all to see. Any expectation of actually godly play in a newbie is an uncritical one on your part.

(3) - My reasons for suspecting/voting Trotske are not only that he confirms you as 100% town, though I am someone who factors in such things into his initial estimate of a person. I believe JSL stated it should only be a tie-breaker, this is very conservative and IMHO dead wrong. Trotske has very little contribution, and what he does say is generally fairly weak. He is one of my two biggest reads (the other being JSL, though I'm starting to suspect Zare), and while my post did not explain everything, it was a summary post, not a case. I feel that a lot of the misinterpretations of my content are happening because a failure of people to look at the context (as well as delve into my possible intentions).
Spaghetticus
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia451 Posts
January 19 2013 14:37 GMT
#952
I'm VT.

What I am doing is helping you not lynch town, which is more urgent to me. My reads are not comparable to the 100% chance of mislynching if I am lynched. People are completely warping context and motive for an easy lynch and I believe that this is the most pertinent information I can help correct.

That said, I will now develop some of my suspicions, as I have already attended to filing the more dangerous contours of the case against me.

I will now be looking at Trotske and possibly JSL. My read on Jacob is less solid and may or may not develop strongly when I trawl his filter.
Spaghetticus
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia451 Posts
January 19 2013 14:38 GMT
#953
And honestly I don't really understand the reasoning behind wanting a rolecall, but w/e.
Spaghetticus
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia451 Posts
January 19 2013 15:36 GMT
#955
- Mocsta would bus anyone day two. He was WIFOMing like a mad-man. He did it too much and you guys caught him because of it. His actions were calculated to cause confusion, why would he act in such a way that allows us to confirm town? He was and is a bold player, and there is not a croutons chance in hell that he didn't name/mention/act against one of his scum-buddies to create further intrigue.

- Trotske probably did not believe the lynch on Mocsta would happen (I certainly didn't). By the time it became a real possibility it was too late for him to back out without being called scummy, and he may as well rack up town cred for the lynch.

- it's not as if these were hard buses. A scum's role is not to act predictably, but to win the game. If they thought that neither target would go down (I know Mocsta left enough options open), then why shouldn't they remove themselves from the lynch is it was a reversible maneuver?

Honestly my head is getting fuzzy, and your argument is not making as much sense to me as it should. What is your fourth paragraph about? I don't see the double bus play at all, and I'm not even sure of the mislynch you refer to.
Spaghetticus
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia451 Posts
January 19 2013 16:05 GMT
#956
My case on Trotske is not as impressive as I had hopes it would be. It can be summarised into three parts:

(1) - Trotske is not a noob: He isn't, he's played more games than me, and while I'm not sure why he would tell us that as town or scum (A requirement for being allowed in the game maybe?), and argument that relies on him being a noob is fallacious. A year away is a while, but it's no reason to not have posted any content by now.

(2) - Which leads into my next point: he seems to have almost made efforts to not contribute. I have offered more content despite starting two days later, sleeping 12 hours a day, and being pulled into family affairs I want no part of. He is neither leader of opinion nor a creative thinker, simply a follower of other's ideas. Somehow he has managed to fail to contribute, and this is not acceptable at this point in the game for someone that has any experience whatsoever.

(3) - This third point is more the negation of arguments used to defend him. Whatever Mocsta's plan was, it was damn erratic. People seem to be banking a lot on knowing Mocsta's intentions when they just don't seem that clear to me.

I am bone tired. I need sleep and I am no use continuing to write myself into the ground. I think I will be lynched tomorrow, and frustrating as it may be I have not the strength of character to stop it.
Spaghetticus
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia451 Posts
January 19 2013 16:23 GMT
#957
Will:

(1) - Don't lynch Shz. He will likely die to NK, but if he does not you should lynch Trotske first and see where that leaves you.

(2) - Acid is also coming up as strong town. I may not currently have the mental agility at this point in time to understand WTF he is saying, but if you can understand it, it sounds like he's put in a lot of genuine effort into analysing the lynch. Such effort is not something that a scum would be required to do. It also wouldn't make sense for scum to do such an analysis and then post so sparingly. Such effort could better be used as a scum in acting as town and not furthering their cause. If Acid is lynched you better have a really damn convincing reason.

(3) - JSL. He hasn't done much. He's another "read" of mine, equal to Trotske in input, but without the deminoob excuse. He shows signs of insight, but seems to be wasting time defending himself when I am hogging all the votes, or pestering Zarepath.

(4) - Zarepath. He's active(ish) and scummy as hell. His lists are semi helpful, but they are probably his biggest contribution other than getting me mislynched with really fucking bad rhetoric. I don't blame JSL for attacking Zarepath, but I feel as though his attacks have been half-hearted and not at all real. I was actually leaving Zare alone believing that JSL was going to post a solid case, but this never eventualised, so in some way it has worked as a protection...

(5) - Zebezt. I can see the noob in this one... If you look not at all that closely you can even see when they started consulting guides/coaches and changed their game around to conform to town meta of aggressive tunneling. They don't seem to have developed the savvy required to hide their scummy behaviour, so I would go with a town read, or a "not a threat" read at worst.

(6) - Trotske. I've already made my thoughts clear on Trotske, I can't even collect enough data for a real case which should speak louder than any case I could make. I suggest looking to Acid when thinking of lynching this one. He seems to have some lynch logic that proves Trotske town that I don't really understand.

(7) - There is no seven. I'm going to bed. I'll look over you from the Obs QT,
Prev 1 2 3 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 20m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
firebathero 1074
Hyuk 828
Dewaltoss 84
Leta 82
Killer 57
soO 54
Yoon 47
Aegong 43
Sharp 28
Hm[arnc] 24
[ Show more ]
Bale 21
ToSsGirL 12
Sacsri 11
Larva 11
Dota 2
Fuzer 119
League of Legends
JimRising 459
Counter-Strike
byalli567
shoxiejesuss519
kRYSTAL_11
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor925
Other Games
summit1g9979
singsing1175
olofmeister1095
ceh9602
Mew2King99
ArmadaUGS61
trigger9
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream140
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2345
League of Legends
• Rush1147
• Stunt428
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
4h 20m
OSC
13h 20m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 1h
Online Event
1d 2h
FEL
1d 7h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 8h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 10h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.