• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:03
CEST 22:03
KST 05:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11222 users

TL Mafia Database - Page 19

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 28 Next All
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
March 17 2015 16:16 GMT
#361
On March 18 2015 00:13 GreYMisT wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 17 2015 22:27 kitaman27 wrote:
On March 10 2015 03:12 Alakaslam wrote:
How many have left though kita?


I don't have an exact number, but it's probably around half.

On March 17 2015 13:45 Ver wrote:
Maybe I'm crazy but I'm pretty sure I've played in something like 12-14 games, not 5, even if 1-2 of them were annulled midway.


Lets stick with the crazy theory.

Smurf games aren't included in the total so that's probably the difference. Seems like you have 5 completed games, 1 modkilled game, and 1 where a role list was never posted unless I missed any others.

On March 17 2015 14:00 GreYMisT wrote:
Looks like some people pulled ahead of me for games hosted, guess not hosting for a while and not doing minis/normals will do that to a person though


You just need Aperture to spawn 10 different mini games at once to inflate your total!


Would that count?


Only if they positively impact my win percentage.
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
March 17 2015 22:33 GMT
#362
Hey Kita, can you do the other end of Town Lynched Percentage? It'd be funny to know who was most often mislynched
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
March 17 2015 22:34 GMT
#363
also useful, since we'd know they are often suspected of being scum as town
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
prplhz
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Denmark8045 Posts
March 17 2015 22:51 GMT
#364
On March 18 2015 07:33 iGrok wrote:
Hey Kita, can you do the other end of Town Lynched Percentage? It'd be funny to know who was most often mislynched

lets not do this?
http://i.imgur.com/M7t7egx.png
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
March 17 2015 23:34 GMT
#365
As coag has said,
[image loading]
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Ver
Profile Joined October 2008
United States2186 Posts
March 18 2015 08:33 GMT
#366
On March 17 2015 22:27 kitaman27 wrote:

Show nested quote +
On March 17 2015 13:45 Ver wrote:
Maybe I'm crazy but I'm pretty sure I've played in something like 12-14 games, not 5, even if 1-2 of them were annulled midway.


Lets stick with the crazy theory.

Smurf games aren't included in the total so that's probably the difference. Seems like you have 5 completed games, 1 modkilled game, and 1 where a role list was never posted unless I missed any others.


Oh right. I had 2 games on Ser aspi and 2 games on jimbosilvers (last one was kavdragon), so it seems 11 total. You didn't list Caller's red army mafia game (role list). I forgot the smurf game got cancelled midway.

p.s that was a tactical modkill that won town the game
Liquipedia
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 18 2015 11:35 GMT
#367
'tactical modkills' are considered cheating now days.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
March 18 2015 17:38 GMT
#368
Yup no tactical modkill Sson

Is to cheeeeeeeeeeeet and wreck games
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Kurumi
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Poland6130 Posts
March 18 2015 22:16 GMT
#369
Tactical modkill rule dates even before I started playing and that was 4 years ago, Ver surely knows about it and that's why he mentioned it
I work alone. // Visit TL Mafia subforum!
Ver
Profile Joined October 2008
United States2186 Posts
March 19 2015 01:35 GMT
#370
Yeah the game in question actually was responsible for the tactical modkill rule, since that was the first game inactivity modkills were introduced and nobody had conceived that they could be used to help win a game. Things were more like the wild west back then hehe.
Liquipedia
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
March 19 2015 03:08 GMT
#371
Ver is right, tactical modkills weren't forbidden at the time, though it definitely felt like a dirty move and it added a ton of drama to that game. There was no ban list at the time either. However, we were more focused on getting games where half of the town wasn't inactive by night 3 simply because they were green and where the mafia's best strategy wasn't to simply shoot everyone who voted.

Let's be fair though, that wasn't the main move that won the town that game. It technically did win town the game, but only because the town won by such a razor thin margin that a bunch of things won them the game.
Uff Da
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
March 19 2015 03:50 GMT
#372
Wow, the holier-than-thou is strong with this one.
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-03-19 04:38:02
March 19 2015 04:34 GMT
#373
Not really. Just remembering a sour moment from an old game I hosted and taking the opportunity to poke a little fun at a friend.
Uff Da
Fecalfeast
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada11355 Posts
March 19 2015 06:01 GMT
#374
Oh sweet 69% winrate
ModeratorINFLATE YOUR POST COUNT; PLAY TL MAFIA
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
March 19 2015 06:25 GMT
#375
On March 19 2015 13:34 Qatol wrote:
Not really. Just remembering a sour moment from an old game I hosted and taking the opportunity to poke a little fun at a friend.

Sorry, I was kind of out of line.

It's just frustrating when the "old-timers" only come around to post about the glory days and how TL Mafia ain't the same as it used to be, but with the undertone that it's objectively worse.

I could have been less snarky about it though. My apologies.
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
Kurumi
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Poland6130 Posts
March 19 2015 12:46 GMT
#376
On March 19 2015 15:25 Keirathi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2015 13:34 Qatol wrote:
Not really. Just remembering a sour moment from an old game I hosted and taking the opportunity to poke a little fun at a friend.

Sorry, I was kind of out of line.

It's just frustrating when the "old-timers" only come around to post about the glory days and how TL Mafia ain't the same as it used to be, but with the undertone that it's objectively worse.

I could have been less snarky about it though. My apologies.

Qatol was not speaking about current games, but the past games While I do not doubt he reads something out of games sometimes, I really do not think he would talk about them in any way in an unrelated thread. Just go back to the Lurker Bane discussion and game that had them implemented - Real Time Mafia hosted by RebirthOfLegend. You will get why Qatol is so bitter about lurkers. We are friends here Kei, do not forget that
I work alone. // Visit TL Mafia subforum!
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
March 20 2015 00:19 GMT
#377
On March 19 2015 21:46 Kurumi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2015 15:25 Keirathi wrote:
On March 19 2015 13:34 Qatol wrote:
Not really. Just remembering a sour moment from an old game I hosted and taking the opportunity to poke a little fun at a friend.

Sorry, I was kind of out of line.

It's just frustrating when the "old-timers" only come around to post about the glory days and how TL Mafia ain't the same as it used to be, but with the undertone that it's objectively worse.

I could have been less snarky about it though. My apologies.

Qatol was not speaking about current games, but the past games While I do not doubt he reads something out of games sometimes, I really do not think he would talk about them in any way in an unrelated thread. Just go back to the Lurker Bane discussion and game that had them implemented - Real Time Mafia hosted by RebirthOfLegend. You will get why Qatol is so bitter about lurkers. We are friends here Kei, do not forget that


No problem Keirathi. As Kurumi says, I was talking about an old game - specifically, the game Ver was modkilled in, which I hosted (Mafia VIII).

I don't think TL Mafia is objectively worse now than it was back then - in fact, I think things have improved a lot, in a lot of different ways - the players are WAY better, the setups are generally far more balanced, and the games actually get everyone involved (which was a serious problem back then - most of the town was basically expected to simply do what 1-2 confirmed townies told them to do, with most of the early game being centered around confirming those players as townies).

That being said, what I think you have been picking up on from us old timers (though, as Kurumi mentioned, not really what I intended with my post) is simply a little bit of nostalgia for fun times which happened during those games. It isn't that they were better or worse than the fun times that happen during the present games, we are just remembering that they happened and TL is still a natural meeting place for us. I apologize if someone (myself or someone else) made you feel like they were looking down on you just because you weren't around back then.

I definitely hate lurkers/inactives (definitely not a reference to current games), though it started earlier than Real Time Mafia. Mafia Resurrection hosted by BC was absolutely brutal. We had the ability to check how many mafia voted for someone during a given vote, giving us a 2/4 list and a 5/10 list, plus we had a day 1 rolecheck (rolechecks could be done during the day) + lynch on Ver (probably the mafia's best player that game), and still lost because the townies stopped voting.

Regardless, enough sidetracking the thread. The point of all of this is yes, there was a time where strategic modkills weren't against the rules, and yes, Ver's modkill was during that time. Also, he's totally engaging in puffery to say that his modkill "basically won the game for the town" and he needed to be called on it.
Uff Da
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
March 20 2015 04:57 GMT
#378
This talk of old games makes me want to host IRC SSB64 Mafia again... Would anyone be interested in that?
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-03-20 07:41:13
March 20 2015 06:48 GMT
#379
On March 20 2015 13:57 iGrok wrote:
This talk of old games makes me want to host IRC SSB64 Mafia again... Would anyone be interested in that?


yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes

##LEFT
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
March 20 2015 12:06 GMT
#380
love IRC mafia, can do it without disturbing my other half (mostly)
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 28 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
PRO & GOSU #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 444
IndyStarCraft 301
EmSc Tv 12
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 22024
Calm 2233
Shuttle 338
Mini 163
White-Ra 163
ZZZero.O 129
firebathero 73
scan(afreeca) 21
soO 12
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6136
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1503
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4481
Liquid`Hasu586
Other Games
summit1g6794
Liquid`RaSZi2302
FrodaN1522
fl0m1483
RotterdaM879
olofmeister855
B2W.Neo750
Beastyqt353
crisheroes295
Livibee229
Pyrionflax135
Mew2King57
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick932
BasetradeTV206
StarCraft 2
angryscii 19
EmSc Tv 12
EmSc2Tv 12
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 17
• niya90s 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki46
• blackmanpl 20
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1491
• Shiphtur699
• WagamamaTV349
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 57m
Replay Cast
2h 57m
OSC
15h 57m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 14h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.