• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:31
CEST 22:31
KST 05:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12902 users

Parallel World Mafia: iGrok's Strange Land - Page 9

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 61 Next
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
December 13 2012 00:27 GMT
#161
Hm, I hadn't taken into account point #1 there. Assuming being swapped increases your powers and this can work for scum, we should be hesitant to swap scum players. I don't think point #2 is good because the entire plan is predicated on a majority of players in both threads agreeing to do it-- nobody is going through with this plan unless we have the majority in both places we need to pull it off. Point #3 is irrelevant or doesn't understand the strategy properly.

And no, we'll never have to lynch into a pool of confirmed townies because the other side will also be swapping a player to us. Did you even read Sandro and my conversation? Come on man.

I'll admit I hadn't thought of people gaining powers via the swap. It would generate more chaos and generally be bad in that case to swap scum, so we should swap a town player, preferably one who benefits from being swapped. That point is reasonable and is reason enough for me to disagree with Sandro's plan now, even the improved one.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
December 13 2012 00:31 GMT
#162
Swap is resolved at the end of the day.
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
December 13 2012 00:35 GMT
#163
Or how about another reason we don't swap scum reads is that if someone checks or tracks them we can't immediately lynch them should it come back damning.
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
December 13 2012 00:39 GMT
#164
On December 13 2012 09:27 Blazinghand wrote:
And no, we'll never have to lynch into a pool of confirmed townies because the other side will also be swapping a player to us. Did you even read Sandro and my conversation? Come on man.
They swap a player on the same day we lynch. So we lynch someone, and the earliest we could lynch THEIR swapped player is 96 hours later.

Maybe that person becomes confirmed somehow, or starts looking townie, or maybe we start thinking scum pushed him for a swap, whatever. We can't rely on swap into lynch, because the delay is too great and too much is going to happen.
Fe fi fo fum.
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
December 13 2012 00:46 GMT
#165
As far as I can read in the OP swapping doesn't give you more power by default, it just changes your role. Could be a better role, could be worse, could be no role at all. No need to talk about swapping anymore. I think it's pretty good just to swap hassy and talk about the lynch next day/shit going on in the other thread. I already have my preliminary scum reads/town reads that I'm going to share later on. I'm still waiting on some players to comment on more relevant shit/post anything of importance at all before I can share my thoughts about people in this game. So go ahead and do your homework. I feel like I'm the only one here actually trying to move this thread in a useful direction and you guys are not helping at all.
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
December 13 2012 00:53 GMT
#166
Wow sandro no need to be a baby about it.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
December 13 2012 01:08 GMT
#167
lol
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
December 13 2012 01:26 GMT
#168
I don't see any reason not to say that I find mementoss pretty scummy at this point. His intentionally malicious twisting of my constructive posts on two different occasions is highly suspect. Then I refute his idiocy and he fails to respond. Unless he was making a ridiculously stupid town play it only reads as scum throwing suspicion on a player for zero good reason.
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
December 13 2012 01:48 GMT
#169
Why is it that most if the thread seems content to ignore me?
Writer@WriterYamato
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
December 13 2012 02:15 GMT
#170
On December 13 2012 10:48 yamato77 wrote:
Why is it that most if the thread seems content to ignore me?

Can't speak for everyone. For now, there's not much of substance in this thread or much to discuss. I'm mostly waiting on the answer to my question.

I disagree that mementoss has been twisting your words. Heck, look at your response:

On December 13 2012 06:30 yamato77 wrote:
Good job twisting my post. I try to make a constructive post about how these two could stop being stupid and suddenly I'm getting picked apart for being hypocritical? My negative language is DESCRIBING their negativity, if you couldn't read properly.

You got on someone's case for being negative. Regardless of whether you're policing something that doesn't need to be policing, you're basically taking issue with people being negative.

Mementoss calls you on the fact that your post calling out negativity was pretty negative itself.

You respond by saying you were making a constructive post to try and stop two people from "being stupid." One could read that and go, "Hey...saying that two players in this world have been being stupid is a wee bit negative itself." A good thread atmosphere is nice. An atmosphere entirely devoid of negativity is actually bad imo, and also just unattainable.

Whatever, the point is...I think you're both mischaracterizing Mementoss's posts AND being silly.
Fe fi fo fum.
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
December 13 2012 02:31 GMT
#171
So I shouldn't try to break up two players arguing pointlessly? Maybe you guys enjoy reading dickwaving contests but I don't. If there is honestly an issue about how I went about it that could have been said instead of jumping to a stupid conclusion like it makes me scum. It is that action that I see as scum motivated. He didn't respond like you at all, he just called me scum and then ignored me. Real pro town player.
Writer@WriterYamato
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
December 13 2012 02:40 GMT
#172
On December 13 2012 11:31 yamato77 wrote:
So I shouldn't try to break up two players arguing pointlessly? Maybe you guys enjoy reading dickwaving contests but I don't. If there is honestly an issue about how I went about it that could have been said instead of jumping to a stupid conclusion like it makes me scum. It is that action that I see as scum motivated. He didn't respond like you at all, he just called me scum and then ignored me. Real pro town player.
I'm actually not a big fan of the spats that people get into myself, but it happens. They are generally not police-able, and sometimes useful after the fact in building a read on one/both of the players involved. Especially if nothing constructive is going on, it may well be better to let things continue unless you can actually push discussion forward by breaking things up.

I'm more than fine with you trying to break things up, if you want. But the way you went about it WAS hypocritical in the little shots you took at both Risen and Sandro (and at Foolishness). It was quite full of fightin' words for a post from the negativity police.
Fe fi fo fum.
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
December 13 2012 02:51 GMT
#173
I shot a post at Foolishness because he shot some stupid off-base comment about my play at me. and because he's scum
Writer@WriterYamato
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
December 13 2012 02:53 GMT
#174
On December 13 2012 11:51 yamato77 wrote:
I shot a post at Foolishness because he shot some stupid off-base comment about my play at me. and because he's scum

The reasons don't matter to me. It's the fact that you were taking these weird little shots at people in a post you were using to tell people to quit being negative.
Fe fi fo fum.
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
December 13 2012 02:58 GMT
#175
On December 13 2012 11:53 austinmcc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 13 2012 11:51 yamato77 wrote:
I shot a post at Foolishness because he shot some stupid off-base comment about my play at me. and because he's scum

The reasons don't matter to me. It's the fact that you were taking these weird little shots at people in a post you were using to tell people to quit being negative.

Yeah and then I tried to ask them questions about their thoughts on the game that got ignored.

I fail to see how this makes me scum.
Writer@WriterYamato
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
December 13 2012 02:59 GMT
#176
I didn't even think austin was calling you scum.
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
December 13 2012 03:00 GMT
#177
On December 13 2012 11:59 Risen wrote:
I didn't even think austin was calling you scum.

Yeah but he was defending Mementoss who actually did.
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
December 13 2012 03:00 GMT
#178
EBWOP: Which to me implies he has similar sentiments.
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
December 13 2012 03:07 GMT
#179
But to me it's not even the fact that Mementoss has a bad read on me its HOW he goes about attacking my post and ultimately calling me scum that really bothers me.

At least Austin is making it a discussion.
Writer@WriterYamato
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
December 13 2012 03:08 GMT
#180
On December 13 2012 11:59 Risen wrote:
I didn't even think austin was calling you scum.
On December 13 2012 12:00 yamato77 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 13 2012 11:59 Risen wrote:
I didn't even think austin was calling you scum.

Yeah but he was defending Mementoss who actually did.
On December 13 2012 12:00 yamato77 wrote:
EBWOP: Which to me implies he has similar sentiments.

Nope, wasn't calling you scum. Me defending mementoss implies I think your reasons for calling him scum are bad, not even that I think mementoss is town/scum. I agree with the way he characterized your posts, and you seemed to think he was scum because he was mischaracterizing your posts.

Oh man. WHOSE POST SOUNDS WISHY-WASHY AND DOESN'T COMMIT TO ANY READS!? AUSTINMCC's POST!
Fe fi fo fum.
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 61 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
PRO & GOSU #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 21
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 20558
Calm 2155
Shuttle 336
White-Ra 216
Mini 165
ZZZero.O 116
firebathero 77
soO 9
Sacsri 6
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1650
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5254
Liquid`Hasu693
Other Games
summit1g8017
Liquid`RaSZi2254
FrodaN1902
fl0m1383
olofmeister758
B2W.Neo720
RotterdaM476
crisheroes331
IndyStarCraft 249
Pyrionflax198
Livibee194
Mew2King57
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick959
BasetradeTV186
StarCraft 2
angryscii 21
EmSc Tv 21
EmSc2Tv 21
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 22
• niya90s 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki43
• blackmanpl 28
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1544
• Shiphtur668
• WagamamaTV365
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 29m
Replay Cast
2h 29m
OSC
15h 29m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 14h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.