• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:12
CEST 23:12
KST 06:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8495 users

Chrono Trigger Mafia - Page 4

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 382 383 384 Next
kushm4sta
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States8878 Posts
November 19 2012 11:41 GMT
#61
/in
OMGUS.net, kush sex blogs every friday night
threesr
Profile Joined April 2011
73 Posts
November 19 2012 12:06 GMT
#62
/in
Alsn
Profile Joined February 2008
Sweden995 Posts
November 19 2012 12:48 GMT
#63
/obs

Also, Chrono Trigger is one of the bestest games evar!
Machina improba! Vel mihi ede potum vel mihi redde nummos meos!
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
November 19 2012 13:02 GMT
#64
On November 19 2012 16:25 Rad wrote:
awesome

/obs

I might /in instead if I can talk myself into it.


You totally should
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18450 Posts
November 19 2012 14:47 GMT
#65
/in

A greymist themed game! So much /in. Even though I barely played chrono trigger (and I know that is one of the shortcomings of my youth).
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
November 19 2012 14:50 GMT
#66
On November 19 2012 23:47 Acrofales wrote:
/in

A greymist themed game! So much /in. Even though I barely played chrono trigger (and I know that is one of the shortcomings of my youth).


Don't remind me of youth t.t
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18450 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-19 14:54:00
November 19 2012 14:51 GMT
#67
Phew. I *think* I'm signup 25. Please let me not be too late. Being at the beach all weekend made me only check the forum for acme resolution and postgame and WCS results. /pray.

EDIT: oh, and Prom+Kush. If you throw this game like you did ACME no time travel will save you from my wrath.

Also, a game with lots of my favourite players!
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
November 19 2012 14:52 GMT
#68
Check marvel's bday because of that comment, mysteriously absent.
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
November 19 2012 14:53 GMT
#69
On November 19 2012 23:52 Clarity_nl wrote:
Check marvel's bday because of that comment, mysteriously absent.


for i am timeless
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
ghost_403
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1825 Posts
November 19 2012 15:14 GMT
#70
\obs

On November 19 2012 23:51 Acrofales wrote:
Phew. I *think* I'm signup 25. Please let me not be too late. Being at the beach all weekend made me only check the forum for acme resolution and postgame and WCS results. /pray.

EDIT: oh, and Prom+Kush. If you throw this game like you did ACME no time travel will save you from my wrath.

Also, a game with lots of my favourite players!


/hate

It's freezing here. Totally jealous.
They say great science is built on the shoulders of giants. Not here. At Aperture, we do all our science from scratch, no hand holding. Step aside, REAL SCIENCE coming through.
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
November 19 2012 15:33 GMT
#71
Do I have to have some kind of knowledge about the theme to play the game or am I fine if I have no idea about this other than what's written within this thread?

If it's fine to play it that way I'm

/in
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Mementoss
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada2595 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-19 15:48:01
November 19 2012 15:47 GMT
#72
On November 19 2012 23:47 Acrofales wrote:
/in

A greymist/mementoss themed game! So much /in. Even though I barely played chrono trigger (and I know that is one of the shortcomings of my youth).


QQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu96xMwFVXw
kushm4sta
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States8878 Posts
November 19 2012 15:53 GMT
#73
Chrono trigger kind of sucked tbh. Why did they make you catch the rat...that was so hard.
Also there was this portal to lavos and I tried a million times to beat him but it was impossible so I gave up.
OMGUS.net, kush sex blogs every friday night
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18450 Posts
November 19 2012 15:58 GMT
#74
On November 19 2012 12:06 Promethelax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 19 2012 12:05 marvellosity wrote:
On November 19 2012 10:36 Promethelax wrote:
On November 19 2012 10:34 iamperfection wrote:
On November 19 2012 10:28 Promethelax wrote:
On November 19 2012 10:27 iamperfection wrote:
On November 19 2012 10:24 Promethelax wrote:
I'm as in as in can be and I'm glad to see that incontrol isn't the only other guy playing.

/in

you scare me sometimes.


in a good way?

is creepy good

:p


ah, a good way. I'm glad.

After I died in acme I had a dream where Marv kicked me in the knee and ran away screaming Juuuuuuuuuubjuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuub. Mafia is taking over my brain.


I do do this irl.

/in


I bet you do buddy. Glad to have you here so you can yell at me in game instead of postgame. I look forward to this and I promise: as scum I'll shoot you d1 to keep your streak going.


You heard it here first! If Marv gets shot N1, then Prom is scum!
Mementoss
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada2595 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-19 16:01:51
November 19 2012 15:59 GMT
#75
On November 20 2012 00:33 Toadesstern wrote:
Do I have to have some kind of knowledge about the theme to play the game or am I fine if I have no idea about this other than what's written within this thread?

If it's fine to play it that way I'm

/in


No knowledge about the game is needed to play. Everything you need will be told to you. Playing the game is recommended only because its a great game, and gives you more insight to the theme

Quick Synopsis of some characters and plot below (Spoilers obviously):

Characters:

+ Show Spoiler +
Chrono Trigger 's seven playable characters (with one of them being optional) come from different eras in the game world's history. Chrono Trigger begins in Present with Crono, Marle, and Lucca. Crono is characterized as a fearless young man with an interest in the art of wielding katanas. Marle is a sheltered girl living within the Castle, daring but reckless, who on one occasion slips out of the castle and attends the Millennial Fair, flouting the decorum of her royal lineage. Lucca is a friend of Crono's and a mechanical genius who wields a gun; her home is filled with laboratory equipment and machinery.

From the era of 2300 AD comes Robo, originally designed as "R-66Y", a robot with a helpful and near-human personality created to assist humans and outfitted with a powerful robotic arm, which it uses to attack. Found lying dormant in the future, Robo is repaired by Lucca and joins the group as an act of gratitude.

The fiercely confident Ayla dwells in 65,000,000 BC. Unmatched in raw power, Ayla is the chief of the Ioka Tribe and leads her people in war against a species of humanoid reptiles known as Reptites.

The last two characters- Frog and Magus- originate in 600 AD. Frog is a former squire once named Glenn; Magus turned Glenn into an anthropomorphic frog and also slew his friend Cyrus. Chivalrous but mired in regret, Frog dedicates his life to protecting Queen Leene, the Queen of Guardia, and avenging Cyrus. Meanwhile, Guardia in 600 A.D. is in a state of war against the Fiends (known as Mystics in the SNES and PS versions), a race of demons and intelligent animals. Under the leadership of Magus, a powerful sorcerer, they wage war against humanity. While Magus appears to be a powerful magician, in his seclusion he contains a long-lost past, a time when he used to be known as Janus, the young prince of the Kingdom of Zeal, which was destroyed by Lavos in 12000 BC. The incident propelled him forward in time, and as he ages, he plots revenge against Lavos and broods over the fate of his sister, Schala. Lavos, who awakens and ravages the world in 1999 A.D., is an extraterrestrial parasitic creature that harvests DNA and the Earth's energy for its own growth.



Plot:
+ Show Spoiler +
In 1000 A.D., Crono and Marle watch Lucca and her father demonstrate her new teleportation device at the Millennial Fair. When Marle volunteers to be teleported, her pendant interferes with the device and creates a time portal that she is drawn into. Crono and Lucca separately recreate the portal and find themselves in 600 A.D. They learn that Marle's presence has created a grandfather paradox by preventing the recovery of Marle's kidnapped ancestor. Crono and Lucca, with the help of Frog, restore history to normal by recovering the kidnapped woman. After returning to the present, Crono is arrested on charges of kidnapping the princess and is sentenced to death by the king's dubious adviser, The Chancellor. Lucca and Marle help Crono flee, haphazardly using another time portal to escape their pursuers. Upon arriving in the year 2300 A.D., they eventually learn that an advanced civilization has been wiped out by a giant creature known as Lavos that appeared in 1999 A.D. The three vow to find a way to prevent the destruction of their world.

After meeting and repairing Robo, Crono and his friends begin to travel through time, assisted by Gaspar, an old sage at the End of Time, to collect more allies, items, and information and face Lavos. Their party expands to include Ayla and Frog. They come to learn that Lavos was an alien being that descended upon the planet millions of years in the past and began to absorb DNA and energy from every creature on it, eventually having enough power to rise and raze the planet's surface in 1999 A.D. However, Lavos' presence had been discovered by Queen Zeal in 12,000 B.C. The Queen believed she could summon Lavos and harness its power to achieve immortality, and caused her son, Janus, and the three Gurus, Gaspar, Melchior, and Belthasar, to be spread throughout time, preventing them from collaborating and stopping Lavos' return.

Janus vowed to learn how to summon the beast himself so that he could destroy it. He took the alias of Magus and gained a cult of followers, who believed that he sought Lavos as a means to usurp the planet from humans. The party initially mistakes Magus as the cause of Lavos' emergence but later comes to learn the truth. They travel to 12,000 B.C. and storm the Ocean Palace to prevent the Queen from summoning the being. However, they are ill-prepared for their assault and as Lavos attempts to kill them all, Crono sacrifices himself to protect everyone. Magus fails to defeat Lavos, and the creature's power causes a tsunami that destroys Zeal and covers most of the world in water. The Ocean Palace then rises into the air, becoming the Black Omen, which, if not destroyed, exists in all future time periods. The group turns to Gaspar for help and he gives them a device called a "Chrono Trigger" that is able to replace Crono with a doppelganger moments before his death. The group collects the necessary components for the process and travels to 2300 A.D., where on "Death Peak" they activate the Chrono Trigger, which takes them back to the moment in time just before Chrono is killed and swaps him for a doll that resembles him to absorb the attack, saving his life. After gaining enough power, Crono and the others assault Lavos and are able to defeat it, thus saving the future of their world and closing all time portals exiting throughout the land.

If Magus joined the party, he departs to search for his missing sister, Schala.

Crono's Mother accidentally enters the time gate at the Fair before it closes, prompting Crono, Marle, and Lucca to set out in the Epoch to find her while fireworks light up the night sky. Alternatively, if the party used the Epoch to break Lavos's outer shell, Marle will help her father hang Nadia's Bell at the festival and accidentally get carried away by several balloons. Crono jumps on to help her, but cannot bring them down to earth. Hanging on to each others arms, the pair travel through the cloudy, moonlit sky.



As mentioned in the OP, one of the cool parts of the game, was that it had 12 (??) different endings based on the decisions you made throughout the game.

As GreYMist pointed out, http://chrono.wikia.com/wiki/Chronopedia , is a great reference and can be a primary one used when researching details. So if you feel the need or have the curiousity throughout the game to look up characters, etc. This will do.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu96xMwFVXw
GreYMisT
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States6736 Posts
November 19 2012 16:31 GMT
#76
That's all the signups unfortunately. Feel free to sign up as a replacement and receive a reserved spot for my next game if you don't get replaced in.

I still need to make the spreadsheet, so the game will probably either start tomorrow or the next day.

I also see we have a few new people. Just make sure everyone reads the OP and is ready to be active.
"life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery" / Join TL Mafia! http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31
kushm4sta
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States8878 Posts
November 19 2012 16:38 GMT
#77
holy shit I just read the op... looks like the most complicated thing I've ever seen.
OMGUS.net, kush sex blogs every friday night
HiroPro
Profile Joined March 2012
United States2624 Posts
November 19 2012 16:42 GMT
#78
/obs
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-19 16:43:36
November 19 2012 16:42 GMT
#79
wat. I really was exactly one spot too late? 8(

Whatever, /in as replacement in that case I guess.
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
November 19 2012 16:45 GMT
#80
On November 20 2012 00:58 Acrofales wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 19 2012 12:06 Promethelax wrote:
On November 19 2012 12:05 marvellosity wrote:
On November 19 2012 10:36 Promethelax wrote:
On November 19 2012 10:34 iamperfection wrote:
On November 19 2012 10:28 Promethelax wrote:
On November 19 2012 10:27 iamperfection wrote:
On November 19 2012 10:24 Promethelax wrote:
I'm as in as in can be and I'm glad to see that incontrol isn't the only other guy playing.

/in

you scare me sometimes.


in a good way?

is creepy good

:p


ah, a good way. I'm glad.

After I died in acme I had a dream where Marv kicked me in the knee and ran away screaming Juuuuuuuuuubjuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuub. Mafia is taking over my brain.


I do do this irl.

/in


I bet you do buddy. Glad to have you here so you can yell at me in game instead of postgame. I look forward to this and I promise: as scum I'll shoot you d1 to keep your streak going.


You heard it here first! If Marv gets shot N1, then Prom is scum!


setting up mislynches already? ^_^

I imagine I'll be quite useless this game, so hopefully I'll be safe >.> <.<
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 382 383 384 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O107
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason140
BRAT_OK 46
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 937
ZZZero.O 107
Hyun 41
Bale 21
League of Legends
Doublelift3576
JimRising 464
Counter-Strike
Fnx 957
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby6279
Other Games
summit1g8460
FrodaN3145
B2W.Neo625
ToD282
KnowMe243
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1499
BasetradeTV280
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream38
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 40
• musti20045 20
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki27
• blackmanpl 14
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1369
• Shiphtur224
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
1h 48m
Afreeca Starleague
12h 48m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
13h 48m
Monday Night Weeklies
18h 48m
Replay Cast
1d 1h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 12h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 13h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.