• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:31
CEST 06:31
KST 13:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9888 users

Looney Lynching Mini Mafia - Page 11

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 103 Next
HiroPro
Profile Joined March 2012
United States2624 Posts
October 11 2012 01:52 GMT
#201
On October 11 2012 10:33 kushm4sta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 11 2012 10:18 HiroPro wrote:
On October 11 2012 10:11 kushm4sta wrote:
On October 11 2012 08:54 HiroPro wrote:
Hey Djodref, I'd like a proper response to the question I asked you earlier. Not a repetition of what you've already said, I want a clear stance.


I'm voting for kush over prp. kush doesn't seem to have much interest in finding scum - his votes are for people who he thinks are "bad", which is pretty much just abdicating any responsibility for scumhunting. The one vote that he does try to give some reasoning for is nonsense and in itself a contradiction since kush himself is not attempting to find scum - he's content to make one weak read and pick 2 other people for reasons unrelated to finding scum.

He's right, that getting a bye makes it easier for you to be lynched. But he calls it a "disadvantage." Scum would be more likely to think of it this way. He is not approaching the bracket as an opportunity to catch scum, but as a trial to avoid lynch. He has the natural fear of a scum.


kushm4sta x1


I get that people think it's not a scumtell, but how is it "in itself a condradiction since [I am] not attempting to find scum"?

My point about doaud had nothing to do with whether or not he was scumhunting, so I don't see the contradiction.


Then what is your point - that he's showing a scum mentality? It's already been explained to you why that argument doesn't hold any weight (townies would consider byes a disadvantage too, since they don't want to get lynched either), so I don't see why you would keep your vote on him for that reason.


Yes my point is he is showing a scum mentality. Yes it has been explained, but I do not consider any explanation given definitive. Personally I did not think about the bye being a disadvantage. I don't want to lynched sure, but my fear of being lynched is WAY more as scum.


So then why is it that you made no attempt to convince austin otherwise?
HiroPro
Profile Joined March 2012
United States2624 Posts
October 11 2012 01:58 GMT
#202
Adding another vote onto kush, I want him advancing.

HiroPro
Profile Joined March 2012
United States2624 Posts
October 11 2012 02:02 GMT
#203
hey this thing where we vote in secret in the voting thread and don't say what we're doing in the main thread? that's not ok.
OriginalName
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada1140 Posts
October 11 2012 02:04 GMT
#204
Fuckfuckfuckfuck, my phone died and just got back sorry i wasnt posting >_>
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
October 11 2012 02:05 GMT
#205
your phone died for like 24 hours and you just now manage to make it back right at deadline?
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
Hopeless1der
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5836 Posts
October 11 2012 02:07 GMT
#206
On October 11 2012 11:02 HiroPro wrote:
hey this thing where we vote in secret in the voting thread and don't say what we're doing in the main thread? that's not ok.


It was deadline, its not like anyone could have done anything about it. The only thing I did there was let you push kush into Ro8. The rest of my votes were redundant and I'm interested to see how you pursue kush into the next round.


pre-edit:=\ ON trying to deadline as well...interesting. Why the apparent scumread (and completely unnecessary vote) on djodref?
OriginalName
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada1140 Posts
October 11 2012 02:08 GMT
#207
On October 11 2012 11:05 thrawn2112 wrote:
your phone died for like 24 hours and you just now manage to make it back right at deadline?


There is this wonderful thing called real life that happens to often impede on things, by the time I was free to post and take time to read my phone was dead and I had to wait until i got off my rather late shift at work and communicate with this thread.
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
October 11 2012 02:09 GMT
#208
On October 11 2012 11:08 OriginalName wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 11 2012 11:05 thrawn2112 wrote:
your phone died for like 24 hours and you just now manage to make it back right at deadline?


There is this wonderful thing called real life that happens to often impede on things, by the time I was free to post and take time to read my phone was dead and I had to wait until i got off my rather late shift at work and communicate with this thread.


Then please go ahead and start making up for lost time
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
October 11 2012 02:14 GMT
#209
Day One: Round Two
[image loading]

You have less than 24 hours to vote. Deadline is 02:00 GMT (+00:00)

I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
kushm4sta
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States8878 Posts
October 11 2012 02:15 GMT
#210
yay i won
OMGUS.net, kush sex blogs every friday night
HiroPro
Profile Joined March 2012
United States2624 Posts
October 11 2012 02:18 GMT
#211
On October 11 2012 11:07 Hopeless1der wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 11 2012 11:02 HiroPro wrote:
hey this thing where we vote in secret in the voting thread and don't say what we're doing in the main thread? that's not ok.


It was deadline, its not like anyone could have done anything about it. The only thing I did there was let you push kush into Ro8. The rest of my votes were redundant and I'm interested to see how you pursue kush into the next round.


pre-edit:=\ ON trying to deadline as well...interesting. Why the apparent scumread (and completely unnecessary vote) on djodref?


kush was already advancing even if you left your vote on prplhz - he was the higher seed.

But in any case, I'm talking more about austin and thrawn. I didn't even realize until the last second from what thrawn said that he was putting another vote on prplhz.
HiroPro
Profile Joined March 2012
United States2624 Posts
October 11 2012 02:19 GMT
#212
Oh wait I'm dumb, thrawn already had a vote on prlhz from before....
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
October 11 2012 02:22 GMT
#213
On October 11 2012 11:08 OriginalName wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 11 2012 11:05 thrawn2112 wrote:
your phone died for like 24 hours and you just now manage to make it back right at deadline?


There is this wonderful thing called real life that happens to often impede on things, by the time I was free to post and take time to read my phone was dead and I had to wait until i got off my rather late shift at work and communicate with this thread.

ON why the votes on djoref?
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
October 11 2012 02:22 GMT
#214
On October 11 2012 11:19 HiroPro wrote:
Oh wait I'm dumb, thrawn already had a vote on prlhz from before....


I doubled up on djodref, not prplhz. Sandroba was talking about out how much he trusts his hunches so my vote was a test of that
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
October 11 2012 02:23 GMT
#215
On October 11 2012 11:22 sandroba wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 11 2012 11:08 OriginalName wrote:
On October 11 2012 11:05 thrawn2112 wrote:
your phone died for like 24 hours and you just now manage to make it back right at deadline?


There is this wonderful thing called real life that happens to often impede on things, by the time I was free to post and take time to read my phone was dead and I had to wait until i got off my rather late shift at work and communicate with this thread.

ON why the votes on djoref?


more importantly why 2 votes? djodref was obviously going to move on at that point
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
kushm4sta
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States8878 Posts
October 11 2012 02:24 GMT
#216
@thrawn it's not exactly a test of how sure sandroba was when you do it at the last second like that before he/she even gets a chance to realize what happened.
OMGUS.net, kush sex blogs every friday night
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
October 11 2012 02:24 GMT
#217
Sandroba, this is a summation of my thoughts on the two, more than happy to keep discussing it even though Djodref is moving on. I got no problem trusting hunches, but I had my reads the other way:
On October 11 2012 08:16 austinmcc wrote:
I'm of the opposite mind as prplhz and kush on the double D lynch.

da0ud
I don't think first time scum (at least here) would come in, drop a post that wasn't serious, and then jet forever. I would think he'd be concerned about being found out, do something more.

His first post DOES feel kind of constructed, Hi again guys! and "Daoud" to sign out. But I think it's a post constructed by a townie. Like a scummy constructed post would be in response to a question, or would be pushing someone, or doing SOMETHING. A post that's constructed and does NOTHING doesn't point scum to me. I also think that's an important difference, and just hammering at "constructed = scum" is possibly scummy. Just like "possibly scummy" is scummy for being wishy washy...

I also think that mentioning someone might have planned for scum to be the low numbers in the game is probably not from mafia? That sounds like paranoid townie talk to me.

Djodref
I already poked at it, and HiroPro seems to see the same thing.

Show nested quote +
On October 10 2012 19:31 Djodref wrote:
Moreover, the more time we discuss about the rules we should use, the less time we have for scumhunting. It's also a golden opportunity for the mafia to look like they are participating while discussing the rules.

According to this, Hiropro and Daoud have made scummy posts so far because it looks like they want to focus the discussion of the lynch rules. Also Daoud first post came off as weird in my eyes. It looks like he's going to prepare an excuse like "I didn't understand today's lynch principle" for later.
He draws a distinction between rules talk and scumhunting. But there were so many people talking about rules, and it has to happen. He singles out two, based on their open question, and based on them being "willing to spend more time discussing the lynch mechanics." I do not love that distinction (mildly scummy). I do not like that it comes after the fact. If I knew more about djodref, i'd question whether he's the sort of player to find people who ask for MORE mechanics talk scummy over people who bring it up but don't actually carry discussion forward. (He's played a newbie game? Does anyone off the top of their head know if he called anyone out for...stifling discussion? Usually asking questions and moving things forward is GOOD, even if it's about a suboptimal topic, and stopping discussion is the bad bit).


I want to see Djodref move though. I want to see prplhz move through over kush, although right now Djodref is probably my top read?

Generic "Sandroba should post more" comment.


Lol, I'm leaving the generic comment in that quote because it still applies.

I just don't see first time scum on here making that point about low seeds rigging the lynch. Nor does the post feel constructed in a manner that pushes anything scummy. If you think a constructed entrance post is scummy on its own, that a townie would just jump in whereas only a scum is careful right from the start, then I could see that angle as well.
Fe fi fo fum.
kushm4sta
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States8878 Posts
October 11 2012 02:28 GMT
#218
I'm regretting not pushing ETs 1 vote plan harder. It just lets possible scum overrule everyone else, and all they have to say is "well this person seemed scummier."
It doesn't force them the burden of convincing other people.
OMGUS.net, kush sex blogs every friday night
OriginalName
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada1140 Posts
October 11 2012 02:30 GMT
#219
Thoughts on tommorrows matchups as they stand: Post 1 in a (Probable) series.

Echelon vs Djo

-I placeholdered on Djo as I was well aware i was skirting the deadline and at this point i had no say in affecting things as they were.

After going through thread i have thoughts on both:

Echelon:

Truthfully speaking, started out fine even with that completely irrelievent "Scumslip" (Once again reiterating- it's not a slip) however after those nice starting posts he moves towards really low content uninteresting posts that are completely meaningless "IM HELPING TOWN" posts that show hes posting but adds nothing to discussion vote counts.

In my experience, if I don't react strongly to accusations, no matter how inane or small, it just bogs down town because people are wasting time talking about me. I'm not mad; I just want to shut down your weak accusations now so that if you are town, we can work together without lingering misconceptions. I'm not seeking to shut down discussion, but I will be extremely dismissive towards cases on me as they are wrong, and in this case bad.


This on the other hand REALLY irks me, he says he reacts strongly to accusations and then right after we decided he wasnt as worth it and moved on he completely drops off the map again. THAT friends unlike my complete absence is scumlurk, throwing of heat and then ignoring us.

Djo:

I'm going to wait abit to call out lurking due to timezones. However he did vote me for megalurk then disappear.

One thing that bothers me this time around is believe it or not, that vote on Mementoss. He uses the excuse that he was drunk to cover it up rather than assert his position harder and back it up. It was by his words an accident, at the very least he could push it and get more reactions, there is nothing wrong in an incorrect push as it always reveals something.

OriginalName
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada1140 Posts
October 11 2012 02:30 GMT
#220
On October 11 2012 11:22 sandroba wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 11 2012 11:08 OriginalName wrote:
On October 11 2012 11:05 thrawn2112 wrote:
your phone died for like 24 hours and you just now manage to make it back right at deadline?


There is this wonderful thing called real life that happens to often impede on things, by the time I was free to post and take time to read my phone was dead and I had to wait until i got off my rather late shift at work and communicate with this thread.

ON why the votes on djoref?


panic votes~~~
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 103 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 30m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft404
RuFF_SC2 200
Nina 90
-ZergGirl 88
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2128
sorry 37
910 26
Bale 17
yabsab 15
Icarus 5
Dota 2
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1159
taco 317
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox825
Other Games
summit1g8477
JimRising 664
Day[9].tv463
WinterStarcraft319
C9.Mang0284
Livibee148
Sick131
Maynarde127
ViBE99
ArmadaUGS44
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick842
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream171
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Response 11
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota294
League of Legends
• Stunt375
Other Games
• Day9tv463
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
6h 30m
Stellar Fest
8h 30m
The PondCast
1d 5h
OSC
1d 8h
Stellar Fest
1d 8h
OSC
1d 19h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.