• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:25
CEST 08:25
KST 15:25
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20262Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7911 users

Newbie Mini Mafia XXIV - Page 42

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 40 41 42 43 44 57 Next
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
August 22 2012 13:39 GMT
#821
On August 22 2012 22:28 goodkarma wrote:
@DarthPunk:

Also note that with three scum left and three on each of our candidates, there is at least one scum behind at least one of our candidates. So I feel it's very likely at this point that not both of us are right.

So are you so certain that SolarSail is guilty that you could visualize YourHarry being innocent?


I see scum motivation behind YourHarry's actions, but I'm having trouble seeing any behind Solar's. Being sheepish and lurky are definitely suspicious traits, but they're not inherantly scummy ones. Unless you truly believe all three scum are lurkers (which honestly might be possible at this point), I still see YourHarry as the better candidate.

Add to that how suspicious I still am of Golbat and Obvious, and I'm skeptical about getting behind SolarSail right now.


I think solar and harry are both scum.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
goodkarma
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States1067 Posts
August 22 2012 13:41 GMT
#822
And yes, people may hate that I referred to myself as an "established townie." Feel free to disagree if you wish. But the fact still remains that without an "established town leader" a mislynch today is almost inevitable. So if it's not me or DarthPunk feel free to make your own suggestion who you think it should be...
goodkarma
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States1067 Posts
August 22 2012 13:41 GMT
#823
@DarthPunk:

So you think scum is busing one of their own?
goodkarma
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States1067 Posts
August 22 2012 13:47 GMT
#824
Nvm I guess it would make sense for them to "blend in" with the votes if two correct scum candidates were mentioned, as otherwise they would be easily spotted. I still think it's unlikely we're both right, but I acknowledge it as being possible.

But if you feel both are scum how can your read on Solar be stronger when YourHarry clearly is playing with scum motivation in mind, and by nature of being a lurking sheep scum motivation can't be determined with Solar?
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
August 22 2012 13:47 GMT
#825
On August 22 2012 22:41 goodkarma wrote:
@DarthPunk:

So you think scum is busing one of their own?


Yes I think they are forced too at this point. I think that one of them is Bussing. Solarsail is scum and voting golbat. so I view him as town. I think obvious is town also as he was so quick to drop the Golbat lynch after looking into solar's filter. I think a scum obvious would have tried slightly harder to go for the easy mislynch. That leaves either Stutters or Z-boson as scum bussing YH.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
goodkarma
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States1067 Posts
August 22 2012 13:48 GMT
#826
EBWOP:

@DarthPunk
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
August 22 2012 13:53 GMT
#827
I am leaning towards Z-boson as the final scum as he has cast suspicion on you whilst also stating you are town. Your harry and Z-boson both tried to cast suspicion on you today. Your harry has not voted for solar sail who is his direct lynch opponent which does not fit in to his previous play. Z-boson has also Ignored solarsail since day one and was a bit too defensive when i did not cast him as townie.

On August 22 2012 02:51 Z-BosoN wrote:
@DarthPunk

Wait, what???

Show nested quote +
On August 21 2012 17:42 DarthPunk wrote:
Golbat did not post during the night cycle. and his last post was 2 days ago. will golbat be modkilled or replaced?
To be honest I am feeling pretty demoralised about this entire situation. This game is incredibly difficult with the amount of lurking/ inactivity that has gone on. Not to mention losing 5 townies in the first 2 cycles. I am not sure if lurkers are even the right place to look at this point.
I am going to sound out my thoughts on the page and be transparent as possible. At this point denying information to the mafia is less important than revealing Information to the last 5 townies. I know you guys are reading this I just wish I knew who you were.
I have a strong town read on Goodkarma, but even with him/her I am not sure. I can see GK being scum. and if so I both applaud you and say WTF?!?! to the rest of town for being so shit.

Z-boson has appeared town like and active but has just sheeped cases and not been proactive in pushing them. Pretty much a neutral read.

Your Harry has been mental all game. Impossible to make out his motivations he is bad town (which is his meta) but this allows him to hide beneath this if he actually was scum. I read through XXI and I thought he was scum in that game. I was wrong, but this at least gives me something to think on.
Everyone was pushing the Obvious/ Your Harry/ Thrawn train. Too easy. Something was wrong. I had a lingering doubt in the back of my mind but I did not argue against the Thrawn lynch at all because he was so scummy in my eyes.

At this point I have no clear reads and anyone could be scum which doesn't help at all.


Like you said yourself, please read through the filters. After my heavy attack on thrawn, actually being the first one to put up a formal and well explained case against him (with the archrun bit), and, as far as I recall, doing the same with YourHarry? Explaining while ShadySands shouldn't be regarded with THAT much suspicion and why Jhuyt should have deserved the day one lynch? After sticking with thrawn after you and goodkarma pointed your pitchforks at different directions? After I continued my case against YH even after you, for some reason, ignored all the "scumslips" and "hinting at external information" against YH once thrawn was innocent?
And ALL of this after me taking hours reading everything and trying to make my posts as reasonable as possible, giving a detailed explanation regarding all of my decisions? You will say that I am sheeping?

That's insulting. Please do like you said you would and read everyone's filters. I will do the same on the remaining people I have not yet attacked.

Guys, we have to read and reread and read yet again EVERYTHING. The more we read, the less we have to guess and the better we can communicate with each other to find these scums

That goes to everybody else, because right now it's only half the people discussing the most important read we have to make. This will basically guarantee our loss if there is not more contribution...

"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
August 22 2012 14:00 GMT
#828
The third scum is the one I having the most trouble with. But I am certain on Your Harry and Solar.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
August 22 2012 14:03 GMT
#829
On August 22 2012 22:47 goodkarma wrote:
Nvm I guess it would make sense for them to "blend in" with the votes if two correct scum candidates were mentioned, as otherwise they would be easily spotted. I still think it's unlikely we're both right, but I acknowledge it as being possible.

But if you feel both are scum how can your read on Solar be stronger when YourHarry clearly is playing with scum motivation in mind, and by nature of being a lurking sheep scum motivation can't be determined with Solar?


So... You can see no scum motivation for not making any reads? for blending in with the majority? really?

I urge you to read through his filter carefully and share your thoughts?

"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
goodkarma
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States1067 Posts
August 22 2012 14:20 GMT
#830
I will admit the pieces fit together relatively well, but the one problem I have with it is that it all assumes that Golbat is town. Which given how incredibly lurky he is is impossible to really infer outside of a flip...

You warned Obvious ahead of time that you were making a case on SolarSail, so it would have been easy for Obvious to guess that SolarSail was the guy you planned on voting for. Further, from a scum perspective, making a case on a guy like SolarSail (super-sheeping lurker) is super-easy. So while it's great he took the initiative to put forward his own reads, I'm not ready to believe he's town.

But we both agree that YourHarry is scum, so I'm wondering why it is we can't all vote for him today? YourHarry has had a lot to say about others, so upon flipping red there's definitely plenty of information to sift through that can be used to find the other two scum. But until then, "association-based" reads are going to be pretty unreliable.

And if you look at SolarSail, who you advocate lynching today, his flip really doesn't provide any useful info, as all he's been doing is sheeping.

goodkarma
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States1067 Posts
August 22 2012 14:24 GMT
#831
@DarthPunk:

Allow me to elaborate a little: I see both possible town and scum motivation behind blending in like that.


It's either a timid first-time townie that doesn't trust himself, or:

A conservative scum afraid of getting caught.


The difference in my reads between SolarSail and YourHarry is for YourHarry there is no plausible townie motivation for some of his play.
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
August 22 2012 14:27 GMT
#832
On August 22 2012 23:20 goodkarma wrote:
I will admit the pieces fit together relatively well, but the one problem I have with it is that it all assumes that Golbat is town. Which given how incredibly lurky he is is impossible to really infer outside of a flip...

You warned Obvious ahead of time that you were making a case on SolarSail, so it would have been easy for Obvious to guess that SolarSail was the guy you planned on voting for. Further, from a scum perspective, making a case on a guy like SolarSail (super-sheeping lurker) is super-easy. So while it's great he took the initiative to put forward his own reads, I'm not ready to believe he's town.

But we both agree that YourHarry is scum, so I'm wondering why it is we can't all vote for him today? YourHarry has had a lot to say about others, so upon flipping red there's definitely plenty of information to sift through that can be used to find the other two scum. But until then, "association-based" reads are going to be pretty unreliable.

And if you look at SolarSail, who you advocate lynching today, his flip really doesn't provide any useful info, as all he's been doing is sheeping.


We are not lynching for information we are lynching scum. My read on Solar is not associative at all. Can you please read Solars filter and give me your thoughts on him. Do you believe Solar to be scum or town?
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
goodkarma
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States1067 Posts
August 22 2012 14:28 GMT
#833
EBWOP:

What I've been trying to say by "no scum motivation" is could be town-motivated or scum-motivated.

Anyway, really tired now. Will check and reply to stuff in next 10 mins. Otherwise going to take a nap and be back in a couple hours. Sleep is long overdue...
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
August 22 2012 14:29 GMT
#834
On August 22 2012 23:24 goodkarma wrote:
@DarthPunk:

Allow me to elaborate a little: I see both possible town and scum motivation behind blending in like that.


It's either a timid first-time townie that doesn't trust himself, or:

A conservative scum afraid of getting caught.


The difference in my reads between SolarSail and YourHarry is for YourHarry there is no plausible townie motivation for some of his play.


A timid first time towny would not make the play that almost got him lynched during the first day. Which to my mind is not adequately explained by "trying to stimulate discussion'. Since then he has sheeped and not contributed at all whilst seeming to do so. He is also not presenting a defense which is not doing him any favours
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
August 22 2012 14:32 GMT
#835
And I disagree that solar is the easy lynch over Your Harry. Solar has not been suspected at all since day 1 and for someone that has not contributed at all, the fact that he was barely mentioned cause me concern. If everyone who had said Your Harry was scum stuck to that. Namely me. He would already have four votes.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
August 22 2012 14:43 GMT
#836
That being said. I am going to fully commit to my town read on Goodkarma. And I will work with him In order to secure a scum lynch.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
August 22 2012 14:49 GMT
#837
##unvote

##Vote: Your Harry
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
August 22 2012 14:49 GMT
#838

##unvote

##Vote: Your Harry

"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
August 22 2012 14:51 GMT
#839
I am off to bed and will be back 2 hours before deadline.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
goodkarma
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States1067 Posts
August 22 2012 14:54 GMT
#840
First, you're right SolarSail doesn't fit as a timid townie. He still could fit as a lazy one though... The fact of the matter is he's lurking, and I still don't see how a lurker is a strong read... By that logic, Golbat should also be a strong read...

And regarding lynch votes: So now you're saying you don't think YourHarry is scum? Even if Solar hasn't been discussed much for quite some time, lurkers are always easy lynch cases for scum to get behind.

I've read and reread Solar's filter. It's so short it isn't that time-consuming to read, or reread for that matter. I see a lurker that acted like a troll in the beginning of day one, and has sheeped me for a pretty long time. I see anti-town play, but not play that could only have been made with scum motivation.
Prev 1 40 41 42 43 44 57 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 35m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech138
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 3335
Rain 1752
GuemChi 538
FanTaSy 438
sSak 47
Bale 33
Hm[arnc] 28
ajuk12(nOOB) 16
Icarus 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm153
League of Legends
JimRising 628
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1142
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King233
Other Games
summit1g7717
WinterStarcraft674
KnowMe68
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick689
BasetradeTV166
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream47
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki22
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2213
League of Legends
• Lourlo1221
• Rush1014
• Stunt477
Other Games
• Shiphtur729
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
3h 35m
INu's Battles
4h 35m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
6h 35m
OSC
15h 50m
Replay Cast
16h 35m
OSC
1d 16h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.