• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:07
CEST 23:07
KST 06:07
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026?
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 5315 users

Dwarf Fortress Mini Mafia - Page 27

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 25 26 27 28 29 34 Next All
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
August 14 2012 17:12 GMT
#521
I'll comment on Mord/CL/ShiaoPi in a bit. Need to go grab some food first.
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
August 14 2012 17:29 GMT
#522
Custos Luna, at this point I would have liked to have you firmly in my town reads, but I can't. Yes, you have your connection case that doesn't make sense from a scum POV. My initial theory about the voteswitch was disproven when prplhz flipped scum. And you were the first to vote prplhz yesterday. But the number of things you have said that bother me and the number of mistakes you have made keep me from leaning town on you.

First off, what is this crap:
On August 14 2012 02:22 Custos Luna wrote:
How convenient for the only one to take the time to defend me to die D=

Scib was the first (and really only) person to step up and make a case in my defense. He is now dead because of this. Mord is the only active player left who I have been consistently targeting, calling him out as the remaining scum member.

Are you really this paranoid/narcissistic to believe that scib getting killed was all about you? It couldn't have been because he was the town leader, the towniest player, or for any of the other numerous reads he had over the course of the game? This is the second time you have done something like this. It is WIFOM and what is worse, this time you are using it in your case against Mord.

Add on top of that all the problems I have had with your play so far this game. My initial dislike of CL's first 2 posts. My case against CL. (My theory about prplhz and Forumite both being town was proved wrong, but that doesn't change that CL handed his scum read control of the lynch. Possibly just a mistake, but still bad.)

Then risk.nuke's case had 2 things in it that caught my attention. The first is that it is true that CL seemed overly cautious and afraid of firmly taking a side between Forumite and prplhz, even before I pointed out they were tied in votes. Which brings me to CL's morning evaluation. Right here we get CL's opinion that prplhz is a worse lynch than Forumite. But more importantly, look at the function of this post. It attacks the prplhz wagon, proposes Mord as an alternative, and leaves the Forumite wagon fairly untouched, bolstering it if anything. CL has already admitted to a wrong read on prplhz, but that doesn't change that this post fits neatly into scum agenda.

For those first 3 reasons I gave, I'm not going to vote CL(yet), I want a response and some debate before I make my final decision.



@slOosh & Mord - If you actually are looking to push Shiaopi you need more than 1 contradiction and 1 bad case, those have been everywhere this game. If that was all it took to lynch someone Mord would already be dead. I know that slOosh at least is capable of much better case building than what I just read.



Are we all content with HiroPro sitting on the sidelines through N3? He was a top scum connection if prplhz flipped mafia, but now that he has the possibility of being modkilled you all seem content to forget about him.

@ Keirathi What are you thinking right now? Which of the 3 wagons (CL, Mord, Shiaopi) has most merit to you?


Guts? Determination? $5?
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
August 14 2012 17:30 GMT
#523
Gah, ninjaed.
Guts? Determination? $5?
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
August 14 2012 17:32 GMT
#524
That was a really good catch Keirathi, and I agree with you.

##Vote: risk.nuke
Guts? Determination? $5?
Custos Luna
Profile Joined August 2012
United States96 Posts
August 14 2012 18:20 GMT
#525
Sorry for low activity - super busy at work today. I have been reading along though.

@DYH

Yes, I am that paranoid. Look at it from my point of view. I called out what I believed to be the scum team. If I was right, I would expect them to want to discredit me as much as they can. It almost worked D2, but Scib was the only one to make people think "wait a minute, he might be right".



Concerning HiroPro: If he (or some replacement) shows up, we should strongly consider switching to him. If not, he'll flip anyway. If he's scum, awesome. If he's town, then I'll reevaluate my opinions.
We are the guardians of the moon, foes to the sun. Embrace the heresy.
Custos Luna
Profile Joined August 2012
United States96 Posts
August 14 2012 18:25 GMT
#526
EBWOP: It is possible that I've been wrong about Mord. When I get some time I'm going to reread Mord vs. risk.nuke
We are the guardians of the moon, foes to the sun. Embrace the heresy.
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
August 14 2012 19:21 GMT
#527
Well that is just one more thing to add to my list of bad play. If you think the most likely reason mafia killed a vet/watcher and the towniest player in the game was to cast suspicion on you, you are deluded.

What you SHOULD have done is made note of the possibility and attacked anyone who came after you using the very same WIFOM reasoning we are complaining about you using.
Guts? Determination? $5?
Custos Luna
Profile Joined August 2012
United States96 Posts
August 14 2012 19:32 GMT
#528
Look, I'm sorry you're not pleased with my play this game. If you think I'm scum, then make a case and vote for me. If not, then get over it.
We are the guardians of the moon, foes to the sun. Embrace the heresy.
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
August 14 2012 19:54 GMT
#529
Working on my post now.

Should have it up within an hour or two.
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
August 14 2012 20:10 GMT
#530
Wait a minute....

Risk wasn't even on the prplhz vote.

Final vote count was:

Custos Luna(1): Mordanis, DYH, Keirathi, risk.nuke
prplhz(7): CL, Keirathi, sciberbia, sloosh, DYH, Mordanis, ShiaoPi

No Vote: prplhz, HiroPro

Any thoughts on that?
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
Custos Luna
Profile Joined August 2012
United States96 Posts
August 14 2012 20:15 GMT
#531
Risk was the first person to vote prpl D2 without really saying anything and then switched to me soon after my wagon started.

Still trying to decide how I want to evaluate that.
We are the guardians of the moon, foes to the sun. Embrace the heresy.
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
August 14 2012 20:17 GMT
#532
Right, I forgot his name at the start of the prplhz list.

Should have been:

Custos Luna(1): Mordanis, DYH, Keirathi, risk.nuke
prplhz(7): risk.nuke, CL, Keirathi, sciberbia, sloosh, DYH, Mordanis, ShiaoPi
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
August 14 2012 20:57 GMT
#533
So I know I said I was going to write up a big post, but I actually have to head out for the afternoon, so it will have to wait. However, in light of recent risk evidence, I feel pretty confident in my read on him and I hope other people will follow my lead.

HiroPro
I would want to lynch him today, but since he is likely to be modkilled, I don't see any reason in it. If he gets replaced, then I feel like we should probably lynch him.

risk.nuke
Copying points from my n1 case:
1)Did nothing on day 1 except talk about policy and setup until his vote on prplhz.
2)He didn't have a single mention of any scumhunting in his filter besides 2 one-liners about prplhz: calling him out for lurking, and voting him.
3)Made no mention whatsoever of the Forumite or Mordanis cases, but after the night flip he says "Forumite. Don't beat yourself up because some scrubs can't tell cowboy play from scum play. Sit your pretty self down and watch me catch the gobbo bastards.". Why weren't you there defending him pre-flip if you were so sure he was a "cowbow"?
4) Was on the prplhz vote in a late position.

New points:

5) http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=15845247
6) What was the point in his "Analyzing the vote switch" post? DYH already analyzed it on D2, and came to the conclusion that CL was scum, too. That post feels like he was just sheeping on DYH's work and opinion after the counter wagon didn't work d2, and using a lot of the same evidence to come to the same conclusion.
7) Analyzing his switch to CL after the DYH case, it makes sense for scum to do that. He started the early bus on prplhz, then switched off once there was a solid case on CL with a few townies on board.

All things considered, my vote for today will stay with him unless someone has something extremely overwhelming.

So since I have to go, some quick comments:

Leaning slightly town on CL and Mord. Neither have posts that scream "SCUM AGENDA" to me, although I question CL's WIFOM posts after both nights a bit.

ShiaoPi: Sloosh's case has some solid reasoning that I would like some answers for. His change of thought about prplhz particularly. I still don't feel like he's a better lynch than risk today though.
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
Custos Luna
Profile Joined August 2012
United States96 Posts
August 14 2012 21:23 GMT
#534
Ok, so looking through prplhz's filter, his last post was:

On August 11 2012 08:39 prplhz wrote:
Hunting scum on the premise that I'm scum is bad scum hunting (and it's also bad because I'm not scum and you're not going to find anything from this premise).


This leaves me inclined to think I was at least 2/3 right about my prediction.

Mord, I notice you mentioned that you think risk.nuke should be looked at more closely, but now that he is, you haven't said anything. What are your thoughts?
We are the guardians of the moon, foes to the sun. Embrace the heresy.
slOosh
Profile Joined October 2009
3291 Posts
August 14 2012 21:24 GMT
#535
@DYH: My cases look nicer in other games simply because there is more content to work with. In a slow game like this there is less to work with. My case is solid regardless of how big / small it is.

Reading up on the risk.nuke thing, didn't notice the timing of the vote switch. With his D1 vote do you think he anticipated a Forumite lynch?
Custos Luna
Profile Joined August 2012
United States96 Posts
August 14 2012 21:33 GMT
#536
On August 15 2012 06:24 slOosh wrote:
@DYH: My cases look nicer in other games simply because there is more content to work with. In a slow game like this there is less to work with. My case is solid regardless of how big / small it is.

Reading up on the risk.nuke thing, didn't notice the timing of the vote switch. With his D1 vote do you think he anticipated a Forumite lynch?


See, I'm not sure. This is what's confusing me. It would have been rather ballsy to sit on prplhz even in the face of a D1 scum lynch.
We are the guardians of the moon, foes to the sun. Embrace the heresy.
slOosh
Profile Joined October 2009
3291 Posts
August 14 2012 21:42 GMT
#537
On August 15 2012 06:33 Custos Luna wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 15 2012 06:24 slOosh wrote:
@DYH: My cases look nicer in other games simply because there is more content to work with. In a slow game like this there is less to work with. My case is solid regardless of how big / small it is.

Reading up on the risk.nuke thing, didn't notice the timing of the vote switch. With his D1 vote do you think he anticipated a Forumite lynch?


See, I'm not sure. This is what's confusing me. It would have been rather ballsy to sit on prplhz even in the face of a D1 scum lynch.

Well the fact was that a prplhz was very possible D1 and that only near the end did people sway off. It could have been that he anticipated a prplhz lynch ...
slOosh
Profile Joined October 2009
3291 Posts
August 14 2012 21:48 GMT
#538
Ok yea that makes sense. Reread the context and here's what I got:

On August 09 2012 14:15 Blazinghand wrote:
Vote Count

prplhz (5): DoYouHas, Marvellosity, HiroPro, Forumite, Keirathi
Forumite (3): Sciberbia, slOosh, prplhz
Mordanis (2): ShiaoPi, Custos Luna

prplhz is currently set to be lynched.



The deadline is in ~9.75 hours at Thursday, Aug 09 3:00pm GMT (GMT+00:00). The person with the most votes at the end of the day will be lynched.

Following this is a throwaway vote on marv by Mordanis, then risk's vote. I think he voted anticipating prplhz's lynch.
slOosh
Profile Joined October 2009
3291 Posts
August 14 2012 21:51 GMT
#539
Which reminds me we should start casting votes to prevent any last-minute switches. I would have liked to discussed ShiaoPi but it seems like he went afk and we might not have time to switch over. risk is looking more and more a good alternative.

##Unvote: ShiaoPi
##Vote: risk.nuke
risk.nuke
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden2825 Posts
August 14 2012 23:11 GMT
#540
you guys (town) are all retarded. please kill me so I don't have to play with you dumb fuckers.
Neo.G Soulkey, Best, firebathero. // http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31
Prev 1 25 26 27 28 29 34 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12h 53m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 196
JuggernautJason107
Nina 88
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 601
White-Ra 176
firebathero 81
910 42
NaDa 21
Counter-Strike
Fnx 803
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0146
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby10347
Liquid`Hasu1760
crisheroes1657
Trikslyr77
Other Games
summit1g6522
Liquid`RaSZi6004
Beastyqt772
shahzam466
B2W.Neo245
Pyrionflax173
ToD127
KnowMe116
ArmadaUGS110
ZombieGrub91
IndyStarCraft 69
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream371
Other Games
BasetradeTV217
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 47
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 49
• Eskiya23 24
• FirePhoenix8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV471
League of Legends
• TFBlade1092
Other Games
• imaqtpie1020
• Shiphtur352
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
12h 53m
Afreeca Starleague
12h 53m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 2h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 13h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.