• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:34
CEST 17:34
KST 00:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8085 users

SSB-64 Mafia - Page 45

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 43 44 45 46 47 55 Next
HomerunBat
Profile Joined June 2012
Oman114 Posts
July 06 2012 20:21 GMT
#881
Artanis, if you want town to win, you need to vote Talis.

Look at his defense, he still, STILL cannot name a single person and build a case on them. It's all association play, without a scum flip.

Look at his 'why I'm town section.' Are any of those strong points?

*PING*
HiroPro
Profile Joined March 2012
United States2624 Posts
July 06 2012 20:22 GMT
#882
On July 07 2012 05:07 kingdedede wrote:
Alright, I'm home. My first instinct is to keep the lynch on Grush. The counterpressure that started to develop on Talis makes me happy as it makes it a real possibility. Tali's post makes sense and if Grush flips scum we'll know where to look (hi MisterSaturn). His play has also been lackluster. There's not a single post in his filter longer than two sentences which is pretty much as antitown as it gets, as it gives almost no information about his alignment other than that he's not willing to put in the effort to help town.

Hiro/Saturn, what do you think of Tali's recent post?


I think he's scum.

He talks about me being scum but then all he can support with is hypothetical statements about me being frustrated and partners with grush. And then he spends the rest of his post talking about possible scum team partnerships and why they may/may not work.

Artanis, he's flat-out ignoring scumhunting. He made absolutely no attempt to logically refute the things that HomerunBat and I have brought up. He talks about how he couldn't possibly be scum because he ate Risen (we have absolutely no way of knowing if this is true - talismania only brought up the fact that he ate Risen after Risen already roleclaimed) and that doesn't even have anything to do with whether or not he is scum - scum want to find out what roles people have also. And then he talks about how scum team combinations don't work with him...

- Hiro
Mister Saturn
Profile Joined June 2012
Vatican City State155 Posts
July 06 2012 20:23 GMT
#883
+ Show Spoiler +
On July 07 2012 05:07 kingdedede wrote:
Alright, I'm home. My first instinct is to keep the lynch on Grush. The counterpressure that started to develop on Talis makes me happy as it makes it a real possibility. Tali's post makes sense and if Grush flips scum we'll know where to look (hi MisterSaturn). His play has also been lackluster. There's not a single post in his filter longer than two sentences which is pretty much as antitown as it gets, as it gives almost no information about his alignment other than that he's not willing to put in the effort to help town.

Hiro/Saturn, what do you think of Tali's recent post?


I think he's scum.

He talks about me being scum but then all he can support with is hypothetical statements about me being frustrated and partners with grush. And then he spends the rest of his post talking about possible scum team partnerships and why they may/may not work.

Artanis, he's flat-out ignoring scumhunting. He made absolutely no attempt to logically refute the things that HomerunBat and I have brought up. He talks about how he couldn't possibly be scum because he ate Risen (we have absolutely no way of knowing if this is true - talismania only brought up the fact that he ate Risen after Risen already roleclaimed) and that doesn't even have anything to do with whether or not he is scum - scum want to find out what roles people have also. And then he talks about how scum team combinations don't work with him...

- Hiro
mmaaawww
HomerunBat
Profile Joined June 2012
Oman114 Posts
July 06 2012 20:33 GMT
#884
I said this before, but just so you know the stakes, if grush flips town (and he will) then it's going to be up to you to win a WIFOM war to keep saturn alive. If you guess wrong it's gg. This is basically MYLO.
*PING*
talismania
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States2364 Posts
July 06 2012 20:39 GMT
#885
hmm it can't really be mister saturn + Hrb can it? I'm always worried about people who are certain that other people are going to flip town (Hrb knew risen was town too).
talismania
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States2364 Posts
July 06 2012 20:40 GMT
#886
grush if you're really town then what the fuck have you been doing all game
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
July 06 2012 20:41 GMT
#887
Hiro you are really bad at smurfing lol
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
Mister Saturn
Profile Joined June 2012
Vatican City State155 Posts
July 06 2012 20:45 GMT
#888
On July 07 2012 05:41 iGrok wrote:
Hiro you are really bad at smurfing lol


I know

I think if I ever do this again, I'm putting my smurf account on my main browser so I don't have to remember to switch browsers.
mmaaawww
kingdedede
Profile Joined June 2012
Kazakhstan80 Posts
July 06 2012 20:45 GMT
#889
Well, at least I have 1 hour and 15 min to think about this. I don't like making connections before scum flips, as it's a great way for scum to waste time discussing things that aren't important. Grush does feel like an easy target given how bad he's been playing this game. The problem with lynching Talis over Grush is that we learn nothing. Night actions can't be coordinated because it gives us no new information, and I'm not sold on Talis being scum. I'm going to go over his filter again.
talismania
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States2364 Posts
July 06 2012 20:46 GMT
#890
On July 07 2012 05:22 HiroPro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 07 2012 05:07 kingdedede wrote:
Alright, I'm home. My first instinct is to keep the lynch on Grush. The counterpressure that started to develop on Talis makes me happy as it makes it a real possibility. Tali's post makes sense and if Grush flips scum we'll know where to look (hi MisterSaturn). His play has also been lackluster. There's not a single post in his filter longer than two sentences which is pretty much as antitown as it gets, as it gives almost no information about his alignment other than that he's not willing to put in the effort to help town.

Hiro/Saturn, what do you think of Tali's recent post?


I think he's scum.

He talks about me being scum but then all he can support with is hypothetical statements about me being frustrated and partners with grush. And then he spends the rest of his post talking about possible scum team partnerships and why they may/may not work.

Artanis, he's flat-out ignoring scumhunting. He made absolutely no attempt to logically refute the things that HomerunBat and I have brought up. He talks about how he couldn't possibly be scum because he ate Risen (we have absolutely no way of knowing if this is true - talismania only brought up the fact that he ate Risen after Risen already roleclaimed) and that doesn't even have anything to do with whether or not he is scum - scum want to find out what roles people have also. And then he talks about how scum team combinations don't work with him...

- Hiro


No scum want kp. I would have eaten grush 100% if I were scum I guarantee you.

I don't understand this accusation of lack of scumhunting when I've been sure you're scum since near the beginning, with the exception of that time period where I thought it was Risen. I still don't like a Samus + Falcon team though for balance reasons.
talismania
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States2364 Posts
July 06 2012 20:55 GMT
#891
On July 07 2012 05:21 HomerunBat wrote:
Artanis, if you want town to win, you need to vote Talis.

Look at his defense, he still, STILL cannot name a single person and build a case on them. It's all association play, without a scum flip.

Look at his 'why I'm town section.' Are any of those strong points?



You really want a point by point analysis with quotes and shit? I think I've made myself pretty clear on who I think is scum and why throughout this game.

And wtf association play is amazing it's a damn 8 player game with 2 scum in it! This isn't some 30-player shitfest.
Mister Saturn
Profile Joined June 2012
Vatican City State155 Posts
July 06 2012 20:55 GMT
#892
On July 07 2012 05:46 talismania wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 07 2012 05:22 HiroPro wrote:
On July 07 2012 05:07 kingdedede wrote:
Alright, I'm home. My first instinct is to keep the lynch on Grush. The counterpressure that started to develop on Talis makes me happy as it makes it a real possibility. Tali's post makes sense and if Grush flips scum we'll know where to look (hi MisterSaturn). His play has also been lackluster. There's not a single post in his filter longer than two sentences which is pretty much as antitown as it gets, as it gives almost no information about his alignment other than that he's not willing to put in the effort to help town.

Hiro/Saturn, what do you think of Tali's recent post?


I think he's scum.

He talks about me being scum but then all he can support with is hypothetical statements about me being frustrated and partners with grush. And then he spends the rest of his post talking about possible scum team partnerships and why they may/may not work.

Artanis, he's flat-out ignoring scumhunting. He made absolutely no attempt to logically refute the things that HomerunBat and I have brought up. He talks about how he couldn't possibly be scum because he ate Risen (we have absolutely no way of knowing if this is true - talismania only brought up the fact that he ate Risen after Risen already roleclaimed) and that doesn't even have anything to do with whether or not he is scum - scum want to find out what roles people have also. And then he talks about how scum team combinations don't work with him...

- Hiro


No scum want kp. I would have eaten grush 100% if I were scum I guarantee you.

I don't understand this accusation of lack of scumhunting when I've been sure you're scum since near the beginning, with the exception of that time period where I thought it was Risen. I still don't like a Samus + Falcon team though for balance reasons.


You've done absolutely no scumhunting except for your initial post on me (in which you admitted that almost everything was weak). Everything you've posted has been connections, mechanics talk, and talking about how certain people are town because they don't go after you.
mmaaawww
HomerunBat
Profile Joined June 2012
Oman114 Posts
July 06 2012 21:03 GMT
#893
The game is pretty much in your hands Artanis, I hope you choose correctly.

Ask yourself when going through Talis' filter if he has really been trying to find scum. Read my case again (and Saturn's), and read his defense (especially the portion where he explains how he is town).

This is going to be the most anxiety filled hour ever
*PING*
kingdedede
Profile Joined June 2012
Kazakhstan80 Posts
July 06 2012 21:03 GMT
#894
Tali, do you have any meta games for me where you were town and where you were scum? It'd help.
Mister Saturn
Profile Joined June 2012
Vatican City State155 Posts
July 06 2012 21:04 GMT
#895
He was scum in Pick Your Poison and Bang Bang 2. Town in Bastard 2 and Space Station.

- Hiro
mmaaawww
talismania
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States2364 Posts
July 06 2012 21:08 GMT
#896
Another thing I've thought of: read through my filter and read through mister saturn's. Look at how many times I change my mind vs they change theirs. I've changed my mind quite a bit. Initially I thought it was iGrok + Mister Saturn, but then I realized that was obviously impossible since iGrok carried him. Then I tunneled on HiroPro for a while. I voted for grush but thought he was just being a dumb townie at the time. I only voted him because he was useless and I didn't want to lose stock myself. I thought risen was townie day one, and then started thinking he was scum during the night as a possible mister saturn partner. Then I thought he was likely scum after grush's cephiro shot (WHICH WHY DOES EVERYONE IGNORE??) made him scummy as hell because of how risen acted to attempt to save grush at the lynch (but failed because he missed HRB changing their vote). And at that point I was actually feeling pretty sheepish for tunneling HiroPro for so long when it seemed like we were both town. And then of course Risen flipped and back we are here again.

That's the game from my perspective. HiroPro and strongandbig do not seem to change their minds at all. Everyone else has. HRB has, acrofales has, cephiro well I guess I don't know if cephiro has to be honest.

______________


And about me not following through on my call to action -

1) that's bullshit. I've been in this thread saying what I think about everyone quite a bit.
2) fuck the spreadsheet. I do shit like that all the time and don't update it. Bangbangmafia2 I was scum, I made a call to action and never even bothered to follow it. Bastard 2 I was town, made a call to action and never even bothered to follow it. Space station I made a call to action and followed it for like one day and then gave up. Don't think I did any calls to action in the PYPs. In any even the spreadsheet is unimportant right now with 6 people left and so few possible scum pairings. I don't see how it's necessary.
talismania
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States2364 Posts
July 06 2012 21:09 GMT
#897
On July 07 2012 06:03 kingdedede wrote:
Tali, do you have any meta games for me where you were town and where you were scum? It'd help.


Town space station, pick your power redux, bastard 2
scum pick your poison, bangbang2
talismania
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States2364 Posts
July 06 2012 21:13 GMT
#898
On July 07 2012 05:55 Mister Saturn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 07 2012 05:46 talismania wrote:
On July 07 2012 05:22 HiroPro wrote:
On July 07 2012 05:07 kingdedede wrote:
Alright, I'm home. My first instinct is to keep the lynch on Grush. The counterpressure that started to develop on Talis makes me happy as it makes it a real possibility. Tali's post makes sense and if Grush flips scum we'll know where to look (hi MisterSaturn). His play has also been lackluster. There's not a single post in his filter longer than two sentences which is pretty much as antitown as it gets, as it gives almost no information about his alignment other than that he's not willing to put in the effort to help town.

Hiro/Saturn, what do you think of Tali's recent post?


I think he's scum.

He talks about me being scum but then all he can support with is hypothetical statements about me being frustrated and partners with grush. And then he spends the rest of his post talking about possible scum team partnerships and why they may/may not work.

Artanis, he's flat-out ignoring scumhunting. He made absolutely no attempt to logically refute the things that HomerunBat and I have brought up. He talks about how he couldn't possibly be scum because he ate Risen (we have absolutely no way of knowing if this is true - talismania only brought up the fact that he ate Risen after Risen already roleclaimed) and that doesn't even have anything to do with whether or not he is scum - scum want to find out what roles people have also. And then he talks about how scum team combinations don't work with him...

- Hiro


No scum want kp. I would have eaten grush 100% if I were scum I guarantee you.

I don't understand this accusation of lack of scumhunting when I've been sure you're scum since near the beginning, with the exception of that time period where I thought it was Risen. I still don't like a Samus + Falcon team though for balance reasons.


You've done absolutely no scumhunting except for your initial post on me (in which you admitted that almost everything was weak). Everything you've posted has been connections, mechanics talk, and talking about how certain people are town because they don't go after you.


By those standards you've no absolutely no scumhunting either haha.

"Talking about how certain people are town because they don't go after me" misconstrues what I'm saying. I'm saying people that have been on me, like acrofales, that then changed their minds makes no sense from a scum point of view. It really doesn't. I know I'm town. I know acrofales, if he were scum, would not want to just back off me publicly like that. That shit is completely legit to point out. Same goes for cephiro, although less so because he might have felt constrained by the list he made, same goes for homerunbat as well but maybe to a lesser extent if grush is also town.
talismania
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States2364 Posts
July 06 2012 21:17 GMT
#899
There is some danger by the way if it actually turns out to be mister saturn + homerunbat (which is kinda unlikely as I've said). If I'm lynched, then hiropro shoots me, and the kp goes to grush and they win. Depend a bit on the bus of course.
kingdedede
Profile Joined June 2012
Kazakhstan80 Posts
July 06 2012 21:18 GMT
#900
Hard for me to make something out with the filters in other games as I don't have time to read them thoroughly but nothing really jumps out other than the 11-page filter on bastard 2 compared to the much smaller filters on the other games. Some setup speculation in both PYP Redux and Bang Bang. I can't say that this has made me much wiser.

Why do I have to make the deciding vote again, fuck. Feels like Emergency Mini Mafia all over again.
Prev 1 43 44 45 46 47 55 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM487
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 487
Reynor 285
ByuN 224
TKL 174
Railgan 74
Codebar 52
BRAT_OK 37
IndyStarCraft 0
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 58454
Bisu 2973
Calm 1840
FanTaSy 1034
Stork 811
Rush 408
hero 374
firebathero 188
Snow 115
Sharp 111
[ Show more ]
actioN 85
Free 65
Mind 65
ToSsGirL 41
Trap 38
Pusan 35
Sexy 24
soO 24
Mong 22
Rock 21
Aegong 20
Terrorterran 18
Hm[arnc] 16
HiyA 15
Sacsri 10
Noble 10
scan(afreeca) 10
IntoTheRainbow 8
Shine 8
Dota 2
Gorgc10007
Dendi979
Counter-Strike
fl0m4658
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King68
Other Games
singsing2194
Liquid`RaSZi1475
B2W.Neo697
Beastyqt579
olofmeister557
Mlord492
Khaldor388
KnowMe302
crisheroes188
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV274
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FT.aCt)Sony5
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV580
League of Legends
• Nemesis3224
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1639
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 26m
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 26m
OSC
7h 26m
Replay Cast
7h 26m
OSC
20h 26m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 19h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.