• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:18
CEST 23:18
KST 06:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8474 users

Pick Your Power: Redux - Page 52

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 50 51 52 53 54 87 Next
Bluelightz
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Indonesia2463 Posts
May 19 2012 09:51 GMT
#1021
Alright, consider the Risk kills Palmar plan scrapped for now, if anyone has any thoughts about it that'd be great.

also,

Look.At.Me!
Roses Are Red, Violets Are Blue, Radiation Is Good Because Nuclear bombs go BOOM | I love TL Mafia! ♥ http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 ♥| Mvp is most boss
risk.nuke
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden2825 Posts
May 19 2012 09:54 GMT
#1022
Sentinel going awol was the smartest thing he did. It made you guys to ignore how obvious he was the scum and caused 2 unnecessary roleclaims and he even nearly got away with it.

Palmar the only excuse I "might" had been able to buy from you would have been a "sorry I haven't cared about this game". Your neglect to have any input on any plans, lack of scumhunting continuous support for bad plans and dumb actions just isn't possible from town a perspective.

As much as I would love to kill palmar I think it's too complicated for me to do it when we don't know where the roles are. I think a better plan would be to say. Jailer, Roleblocker and Angry Vigilante should all go for him and see if they can manage to take him out.

With 2 scum in the upper draft dead and the current situation I'm thinking about if maybe it would be good to do an organized mass roleclaim. I'm thinking we start at the bottom of the draft with Sandroba and after he's posted what role he sent in it's Qatols turn. When he have posted it's clear for snarfs to go etc. The manner of the roleclaim I think should be What role you sent in. OBS: Not if you got it or not. Thoughts?
Neo.G Soulkey, Best, firebathero. // http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
May 19 2012 10:11 GMT
#1023
GG
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
Barundar
Profile Joined May 2010
Denmark1582 Posts
May 19 2012 10:17 GMT
#1024
mass claim at night=bad. We got enough information for at least a lynch tomorrow imo. I don't understand why you won't shoot palmar but an angry vigi should? For the record, angry vigi can't shoot at first night.
Bartundar
risk.nuke
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden2825 Posts
May 19 2012 10:29 GMT
#1025
On May 19 2012 19:17 Barundar wrote:
mass claim at night=bad. We got enough information for at least a lynch tomorrow imo. I don't understand why you won't shoot palmar but an angry vigi should? For the record, angry vigi can't shoot at first night.

Angry vigs can shoot through a Jailer. If I try to shoot Palmar tonight and he doesn't die there are atleast 5 rolest that might have caused that. Jailer-RB-CC:CPR-Traitor-Witch. And obviously we're not doing the claim untill after the daypost. Now I just want to discuss it.
Neo.G Soulkey, Best, firebathero. // http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
May 19 2012 10:56 GMT
#1026
So Sentinel was the scum man. And Palmar attempted to go lone ranger. For god's sakes.

But all's well that ends well. Will read over the thread properly later, glad we got a good result.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
zelblade
Profile Joined December 2011
Australia901 Posts
May 19 2012 11:12 GMT
#1027
Im thinking that a mass roleclaim plan will be a very good idea. Considering how ahead we are - 2 scum in the upper draft already dead, a mass roleclaim can help to flush out the remaining scum/sk, especially since scum in the lower draft might go for something that town wouldnt take other than to deny scum - framer, politician, godfather are prime examples. This forces them to make fake claims on what they took - and going from the bottom is a great idea.

I agree now is not the time of course, lets do it tomorrow if we want to.

Also @risk Angry vig cant shoot n1.
Barundar
Profile Joined May 2010
Denmark1582 Posts
May 19 2012 11:46 GMT
#1028
Well townies are more likely to spill their roles than mafia/SK, so it might not be a bad idea. Risk is most likely town and can shoot non coorporaters.
Bartundar
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
May 19 2012 13:40 GMT
#1029
On May 19 2012 13:29 Qatol wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 19 2012 12:16 PaqMan wrote:
On May 19 2012 12:02 Misder wrote:
This also means that Janitor is not in those three hands, and that if there is a Janitor, then it's in scum's hand in a lower draft position.


I think it's much more possible that nobody grabbed Janitor and that role is out of play.

Show nested quote +
On May 19 2012 12:37 PaqMan wrote:
On May 19 2012 12:31 Misder wrote:
On May 19 2012 12:28 risk.nuke wrote:
Insomnia and can't sleep. Qatol and Misder. Reading your conversation is... well the level of is it like watching two kids counting cones in the woods and one of the kids says wait this cone is actually two cones stuck together and the other bursts out in amazement. Oh, nice catch! You're discussing completely obvious things for even people who just glance at the thread.

Yes, but 7 people haven't read the thread yet or just don't get it. For example, PaqMan recently posted in the thread after the claims and yet hasn't concluded what Qatol and I have concluded in the thread yet.


And what is that? That you two think sent is scum? I'm not going to sheep my vote, I trust my read over two people who I'm not even sure are town.

Which part of your logic do you think you are wrong in? Is Janitor not part of those three picks or is Sentinel town? Who is lying among these players? If Sentinel is town, then two of marvellosity, risk.nuke, and zelblade are lying.

Let me draw up the conversation Misder and I are having a little more comprehensively:
1. risk.nuke claims to have taken vigilante 2nd
2. marvellosity claims to have taken mason 3rd
3. [UoN]Sentinel claims to have taken janitor 4th but got vanilla
4. zelblade claims to have taken Jack of All Trades 6th but got vanilla
5. Toadesstern claims to have taken mason 12th but got vanilla

Let's assume (like you just mentioned) that Sentinel is town. Let's also assume (as you mentioned earlier) that nobody picked Janitor.
1. [UoN]Sentinel CANNOT have tried to take the role and failed to get it (he claimed to have tried to grab Janitor). This means he is lying FOR SURE! Why don't you want to lynch him?

I'm going to assume you want to reconsider the idea that Janitor isn't among those 3 picks (that way Sentinel is not a liar). Let's break that situation down a bit further:
1. Let's assume risk.nuke took Janitor and marvellosity took mason. Zelblade must be lying about not getting JOAT. (So risk.nuke and zelblade are liars.)
2. Let's assume risk.nuke took Vigilante and marvellosity took Janitor. This means that Zelblade must be lying about not getting JOAT and one of two situations happened:
2a. Toadesstern is not lying about mason being gone by the time he picked. This means that the mafia must have picked mason between picks 6 and 11 (remember, we have already established that in this scenario, zelblade must be lying). We also know that marvellosity and zelblade are liars.
2b. Toadesstern is lying about picking mason (marvellosity, zelblade, and toadesstern are liars).
3. Let's assume that risk.nuke took Vigilante and marvellosity took mason. Then Sentinel got Janitor when he selected it. He is still lying and we still want to lynch him.

So which situation is the one you think is the most likely? By saying Sentinel is telling the truth, you are saying for sure that two or more of zelblade, risk.nuke, and marvellosity are lying, plus either toadesstern is lying or the mafia spent a mid-level pick on mason. Doesn't that seem like a lot of resources for the mafia to be committing this early?

Meanwhile, if Sentinel is lying (mafia picking JOAT), nobody else needs to be lying.

If Sentinel is lying, having picked traitor, then things get more complicated:
We still have at least one liar out of risk.nuke, marvellosity, and zelblade. Once again, if marvellosity is a liar, Toadesstern is also lying or the mafia spent a mid-level pick on mason.


Having said all of that, what is the most likely situation to you? Are you saying you think the mafia committed multiple members to this situation after already losing deconduo? Or is Sentinel a good lynch target?

I argue that a lynch on Sentinel makes the most sense, if only to tell us whether we are looking at multiple liars or if we can move the discussion along and discuss other candidates.


hinthint:
As you said, there have to be 2 liars OR risk is the liar because if Risk is the liar it all works with only one liar as well.
Occhams razzor says we should lynch risk.
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
May 19 2012 13:41 GMT
#1030
LOL saw the "flip"
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
May 19 2012 13:44 GMT
#1031
That being said I'm going to sheep the fuck out of Qatol from now on and shut up. I was obviously wrong

Still don't understand why Sent wanted himself to be lynched, he had no reason to claim at all lol oO
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
talismania
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States2364 Posts
May 19 2012 14:06 GMT
#1032
Not sure if mass claiming would make it easier for the sk or not. I can see it either way.

Risk if you're going to shoot anyone, it should be palmar or paqman. I would not be opposed to seeing either of them flip as soon as possible.
Mattchew
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States5684 Posts
May 19 2012 14:37 GMT
#1033
I think any townie with a gun should shoot barundar
There is always tomorrow nshs.seal.
Barundar
Profile Joined May 2010
Denmark1582 Posts
May 19 2012 14:52 GMT
#1034
On May 19 2012 23:37 Mattchew wrote:
I think any townie with a gun should shoot barundar

Yeah that'd be great
Bartundar
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
May 19 2012 15:11 GMT
#1035
Please protect me

Is risk definitely telling the truth now?
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Bluelightz
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Indonesia2463 Posts
May 19 2012 15:16 GMT
#1036
marv: I believe risk's claim, he is acting townie to me (by which that his hostileness about the plan and eagerness to grab a role for town which I think seem's townie as no scum would have the balls to put himself into the spotlight like that), as long as we don't see any funny stuff in the day post, I think risk is saying the truth.
Roses Are Red, Violets Are Blue, Radiation Is Good Because Nuclear bombs go BOOM | I love TL Mafia! ♥ http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 ♥| Mvp is most boss
Barbiero
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Brazil5259 Posts
May 19 2012 15:26 GMT
#1037
'sup, was away the whole friday as it was the 3rd month-versary of me and my GF. Had lotsa fun.

Why can't town players act like town players and not scum? =_='

Like.... being a good boy. Seriously, denying Janitor at pick #2 far outweighs "denying" vigilante IMO. Selfish risk is selfish.


Anyhow, it's also great that I was wrong. And I'm surprised: Sentinel was the one with the claim that made more sense from a town POV imo. Either way, good scum is dead scum.

Also bluelightz, what are all these "look at me" posts?
♥ The world needs more hearts! ♥
Bluelightz
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Indonesia2463 Posts
May 19 2012 15:33 GMT
#1038
On May 20 2012 00:26 Zephirdd wrote:
'sup, was away the whole friday as it was the 3rd month-versary of me and my GF. Had lotsa fun.

Why can't town players act like town players and not scum? =_='

Like.... being a good boy. Seriously, denying Janitor at pick #2 far outweighs "denying" vigilante IMO. Selfish risk is selfish.


Anyhow, it's also great that I was wrong. And I'm surprised: Sentinel was the one with the claim that made more sense from a town POV imo. Either way, good scum is dead scum.

Also bluelightz, what are all these "look at me" posts?


Look.at.my.posts.
Roses Are Red, Violets Are Blue, Radiation Is Good Because Nuclear bombs go BOOM | I love TL Mafia! ♥ http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 ♥| Mvp is most boss
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
May 19 2012 15:38 GMT
#1039
On May 19 2012 23:06 talismania wrote:
Not sure if mass claiming would make it easier for the sk or not. I can see it either way.

Risk if you're going to shoot anyone, it should be palmar or paqman. I would not be opposed to seeing either of them flip as soon as possible.


Explain why I'm scum and how my actions make sense from a scum perspective.

I fell into the trap of assuming sentinel's play was simply too dumb to be scum, as I explained in the thread. That doesn't make me scum. I had the power to pardon him, I didn't.

Yes, I was wrong, I was wrong because of my assumption that a scum team that was down one person would not make their next move to create a triangle of players with one of their own in it, it's simply terrible play. I did not expect it.

I'm obviously reforming my opinion now, this is the first time in a loooooong time I've defended scum so blatantly as town. I need to re-read the entire thing.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
May 19 2012 15:38 GMT
#1040
I have no qualms killing sandroba btw, his theory is insane, mine just assumed good play.
Computer says mafia
Prev 1 50 51 52 53 54 87 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O156
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 5
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 559
ZZZero.O 156
Hyun 57
soO 53
Dota 2
qojqva2175
monkeys_forever54
League of Legends
Doublelift2229
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4206
Liquid`Hasu680
Other Games
summit1g7435
FrodaN1667
KnowMe346
420jenkins222
Pyrionflax217
Livibee178
QueenE92
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick709
StarCraft 2
angryscii 33
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 72
• Adnapsc2 29
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix7
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1055
• Shiphtur618
• Scarra344
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
12h 42m
Patches Events
17h 42m
BSL Open Qualifier
21h 42m
BSL Open Qualifier
21h 42m
OSC
1d 1h
OSC
1d 14h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.