• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:24
CEST 01:24
KST 08:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8797 users

Pick Your Power: Redux - Page 54

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 52 53 54 55 56 87 Next
talismania
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States2364 Posts
May 19 2012 23:49 GMT
#1061
On May 20 2012 07:13 hiro protagonist wrote:
One small corection to that vote list:

talismania switched from marvellosity to sent. In fact, he was the hammer, as without him, there would not have been a majority.

Im gonna have to reiterate what palmar said; I did not think scum do something like what sent did. He shot himself in the foot for no reason... well, whatever.

I think we should lynch PacMan next, or if any vig prefers, shoot him tonight. nvm, we still dont know if there is a janitor around, we should hold shots for now...




I'm not sure if I was the actual hammer - I think I was 9 and marv was 10. Regardless the vote list is also reflected in my earlier post, where the italicized players voted sentinel and the bolded ones voted risk.nuke.

On the idea that a smart player on the scum team wouldn't let sentinel do what he did yadda yadda that's floating around - does anyone really think sentinel consulted the team before doing it? I'm almost positive he just got flustered about saying he might pick janitor and then ended up tripping over his own shoelaces before the scumteam could tell him that it was o.k. to just wear sandals. Sorry for that analogy >_>
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
May 20 2012 00:04 GMT
#1062
Okay I have a few thoughts to post now that night actions cannot be submitted any more, but before the day post, just in case I die.

First of all, anyone who took a hit and survived should claim it. It is very important that we get an accurate idea of how many shots were taken tonight. We NEED to know if there is an anti-town (probably mafia) CPR doctor in the game.

Second of all, we need to know if risk.nuke took a shot at anyone and wasn't roleblocked. This will also impact our death count.

Based on this, we should know how many people tried to take a shot night 1. Remember, the only roles left who can shoot night 1 are CPR and Vigilante (JOAT is dead). We should see between 2 and 4 shots, but the interesting numbers are 3 shots and 4 shots.

If there is a CPR out there, the town's first priority has to be finding it. Copy Cat was discussed a lot during the number selection phase, and I would be surprised if the mafia allowed the role to fall very far. Talismania gave us a very convenient list of the voting order cross referenced with the players voting for Sentinel:
On May 19 2012 14:51 talismania wrote:
deconduo [1,1] - Mafia CPR doc (DayVigged by Mattchew)
risk.nuke [4,2] - Vigilante
marvellosity [7,2] - Mason
[UoN]Sentinel [9,1] - Mafia Jack of All Trades (Lynched Day One)
Mattchew [11,x] - Day Vigilante
zelblade [12,x] - Vanilla Townie (Picked JoAT)
Bluelightz [13,x]
talismania [15,1]
Misder [2,2]
PaqMan [2,2]
slOosh [10,x]
Toadesstern [10,10] - Vanilla Townie (Picked Mason)
Barundar [3,1]
Zephirdd [3,2]
hiro protagonist [3,x]
Palmar [5,1] - Pardoner
Snarfs [5,1]
Qatol [5,1]
sandroba [5,1] - Vanilla Townie (Picked Mason)
Probulous - Vanilla Townie (Modkilled)

Bolded players voted for risk.nuke, all others voted for sentinel or were already dead before the votes were tallied. I don't think the mafia were too keen on losing a member this early in the game, regardless of their gambit. I would be shocked if they didn't have at least 1 member and maybe both among the bolded players.

Based on this list, look for potential CPR doctor candidates. I believe zelblade's claim because it was absolutely instrumental in catching Sentinel for sure. I also think that Toadesstern's claim is likely true because it lent credibility to marvellosity when he definitely needed it. The name that should jump out at you is PaqMan. He is definitely the best lynch target for today, even if you don't belive my earlier analysis on him. If anything, just consider how likely it was that he took the Copy Cat role at his position.

However, there is one more thing you need to reconsider if you determine a Copy Cat is in the game and in mafia hands - Mattchew's innocence. I'm not saying that he's the best lynch target - he certainly isn't because he's already used his role's ability. I'm just saying you need to stop giving him "townie" credit for shooting deconduo and start looking at his posts and actions like you would any other player's. I still think it's entirely reasonable for the mafia to shoot their own member so they can get the CPR doctor at an undisclosed location in the queue without worrying about getting roleblocked. And beyond his shot on deconduo, he hasn't been a very pro-town influence in this game.

On the other hand, if there is no CPR in the game, Mattchew should drop much lower on the priority list. However, I still believe that PaqMan is the best lynch target, mostly based upon my analysis earlier and how hard he pushed to lynch risk.nuke as opposed to [UoN]Sentinel. He also has the highest potential for a dangerous role for the mafia.

As an aside, I found at least 2 mistakes in the numbers in your list, talismania - Snarfs claimed he picked [5][5], and Palmar didn't pick [5][1] as a result. Palmar's second number would have to be 2, 3, or 4.
Uff Da
talismania
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States2364 Posts
May 20 2012 00:23 GMT
#1063
yeah I just filled that in before snarfs said anything. Also I think Blueligthz said he picked 3 as his second number but that doesn't really matter. First number is most informative here anyway.
Snarfs
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada1006 Posts
May 20 2012 02:38 GMT
#1064
So there were only 10 votes on Sentinel with 10 to lynch? This means that mafia probably doesn't have a politician, correct?
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
May 20 2012 02:51 GMT
#1065
On May 20 2012 11:38 Snarfs wrote:
So there were only 10 votes on Sentinel with 10 to lynch? This means that mafia probably doesn't have a politician, correct?

Yeah this is a pretty safe assumption. It's likely in SK hands or wasn't taken. I don't think the role is strong enough to warrant a denial pick from the town and I can't imagine the mafia not using it to save Sentinel.
Uff Da
Mattchew
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States5684 Posts
May 20 2012 04:15 GMT
#1066
When is deadline
There is always tomorrow nshs.seal.
Snarfs
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada1006 Posts
May 20 2012 04:17 GMT
#1067
On May 20 2012 13:15 Mattchew wrote:
When is deadline

3 hours ago, I believe.
hiro protagonist
Profile Joined January 2009
1294 Posts
May 20 2012 04:22 GMT
#1068
Gmashal watching PL most likely
"I guess if you climb enough off-widths, one of these days, your gonna get your knee stuck and shit your pants. Its just an odds thing really" -Jason Kruk
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
May 20 2012 04:25 GMT
#1069
I signed up for Caller game? :p
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
May 20 2012 04:43 GMT
#1070
On May 20 2012 13:17 Snarfs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 20 2012 13:15 Mattchew wrote:
When is deadline

3 hours ago, I believe.

Actually, 4 hours ago (well, more like 4 hours 45 minutes by this point). Deadlines for nights are 1 hour earlier than deadlines for days.
Uff Da
Snarfs
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada1006 Posts
May 20 2012 04:49 GMT
#1071
On May 20 2012 13:43 Qatol wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 20 2012 13:17 Snarfs wrote:
On May 20 2012 13:15 Mattchew wrote:
When is deadline

3 hours ago, I believe.

Actually, 4 hours ago (well, more like 4 hours 45 minutes by this point). Deadlines for nights are 1 hour earlier than deadlines for days.

Thought he meant when the day post was supposed to go up. Anyways, hopefully it'll be up in the morning.
Mattchew
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States5684 Posts
May 20 2012 04:55 GMT
#1072
Yeah I just wanna know if im alive
There is always tomorrow nshs.seal.
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
May 20 2012 06:26 GMT
#1073
I have no Internet aside from my iPhone since I am back at my undergraduate to see my juniors graduate. I'll have Internet by tomorrow again since I'll be going back home do I'll be on top of all future cycle posts. I sent GM a pm so hopefully he can cover till then
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
May 20 2012 11:10 GMT
#1074
Mason has the additional power to delay day/night post once every two cycles. Mainly just to fuck everything up.

Live with it bitches
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
risk.nuke
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden2825 Posts
May 20 2012 12:34 GMT
#1075
No daypost still? I'm shooting PaqMan.
Neo.G Soulkey, Best, firebathero. // http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
May 20 2012 13:23 GMT
#1076
Daypost will be coming shortly. Posting from phone so excuse the brevity of the post
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-20 13:37:37
May 20 2012 13:37 GMT
#1077
Night 1 - Death from a Cell phone

All participates hear a sound to return to their cells and in it they find a list of names crossed out. On that list is talismania and paqman.

Talismania the townie Witch is dead
Paqman the Vanilla Mafia is dead
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
risk.nuke
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden2825 Posts
May 20 2012 13:41 GMT
#1078
pew pew
Neo.G Soulkey, Best, firebathero. // http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
May 20 2012 13:55 GMT
#1079
lol wat qatol so good
talismania
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States2364 Posts
May 20 2012 13:59 GMT
#1080
Good luck everyone :-)
Prev 1 52 53 54 55 56 87 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O167
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 481
ZZZero.O 153
Hyun 142
Dota 2
monkeys_forever390
League of Legends
Doublelift4075
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3806
Other Games
summit1g14818
FrodaN1520
JimRising 425
KnowMe213
Livibee200
ViBE124
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick856
BasetradeTV160
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 119
• Adnapsc2 51
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Scarra1300
Other Games
• imaqtpie1036
• Shiphtur568
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10h 36m
Patches Events
15h 36m
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 36m
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 36m
OSC
23h 36m
OSC
1d 12h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.