• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:27
CEST 04:27
KST 11:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6056 users

Newbie Mini Mafia IV - Page 53

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 51 52 53 54 55 56 Next
NightFury
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada114 Posts
March 08 2012 03:22 GMT
#1041
On March 08 2012 12:22 k2hd wrote:
Although I do find it amusing that DoYouHas chose the wrong person to believe when Nightfury and I both posted our newbie/no time defenses XD


I think because I got to it first. xD
Cephiro
Profile Joined May 2011
Finland1934 Posts
March 08 2012 03:22 GMT
#1042
Third night we were considering a lot of options, but we ended up going "safe" as we had several fake-claim plans ready, and we didn't want to take a risk that you would have not died if you were the Veteran.

I think on N2 we roleblocked you again since we really weren't sure of a target, although we were suspecting that k2hd and ghost were the most likely blues out of the remaining people. It could have turned against you (a very small possibility), so I guess that was a minor point too.
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
March 08 2012 03:23 GMT
#1043
Obs QT please?
NightFury
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada114 Posts
March 08 2012 03:23 GMT
#1044
On March 08 2012 12:22 Cephiro wrote:
Third night we were considering a lot of options, but we ended up going "safe" as we had several fake-claim plans ready, and we didn't want to take a risk that you would have not died if you were the Veteran.

I think on N2 we roleblocked you again since we really weren't sure of a target, although we were suspecting that k2hd and ghost were the most likely blues out of the remaining people. It could have turned against you (a very small possibility), so I guess that was a minor point too.


Not to mention a large number of hilarious suicide strategies. LOL.
dreamflower
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States312 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-08 03:25:53
March 08 2012 03:24 GMT
#1045
Actions List

Day 1
No lynch

Night 1
Mafia shoots Janaan
JekyllandHyde roleblocks zelblade
k2hd checks Chocolate
nttea protects Alderan

Day 2
gumshoe is lynched

Night 2
Mafia shoots nttea
JekyllAndHyde roleblocks zelblade
k2hd checks Alderan

Day 3
Alderan is lynched

Night 3
Mafia shoots zelblade
JekyllAndHyde roleblocks zelblade
k2hd checks slOosh

Day 4
Chocolate is lynched



Links to the QTs, for anyone who is interested:

Observers' QT
Mafia's QT
"When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers." -Oscar Wilde
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
March 08 2012 03:24 GMT
#1046
On March 08 2012 12:22 ghost_403 wrote:
@zelblade I think shooting anyone would have pushed the town into MYLO a day sooner. Day 3, it was 5 townies, 4 scum. If I had mishot the night before, the game would have been over. Now, Night 2 on the other hand...

Relying on the entire town to be on the same side in a lynch (especially when it's 5v4) is usually a losing bet. dreamflower and I were very surprised you didn't use your shot night 3.
Uff Da
k2hd
Profile Joined February 2012
Cayman Islands78 Posts
March 08 2012 03:25 GMT
#1047
On March 08 2012 12:22 NightFury wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2012 12:22 k2hd wrote:
Although I do find it amusing that DoYouHas chose the wrong person to believe when Nightfury and I both posted our newbie/no time defenses XD


I think because I got to it first. xD


I actually meant to point out to DoYouHas that I had posted something similar before you, just in a more abbreviated form when alderan grew suspicious of me, but I forgot to do it
zelblade
Profile Joined December 2011
Australia901 Posts
March 08 2012 03:25 GMT
#1048
@ghost

Yes but the lynch can be manipulated by scum easily. Which is why you should have just shot who you thought was most likely to be scum =/
NightFury
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada114 Posts
March 08 2012 03:25 GMT
#1049
Also we asked about the exact voting deadline for a switch. Since I think that came up before.
NightFury
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada114 Posts
March 08 2012 03:27 GMT
#1050
Also why did the thread go severely inactive half the times I posted something. I somehow managed to silence the thread like three times o_O.
Alderan
Profile Joined September 2010
United States463 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-08 03:31:46
March 08 2012 03:29 GMT
#1051
This was my second post in the Obs QT thread. My inactivity fucked us. I apologize town.

Scum imo:

Sloosh
TestSubject
Nightfury
Phagga
TestSubject893
Profile Joined September 2009
United States774 Posts
March 08 2012 03:31 GMT
#1052
gg guys. I'm really sorry about missing a few days in there.
ghost_403
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1825 Posts
March 08 2012 03:33 GMT
#1053
Yeah, I played a poor vig. Lesson learned! At the expense of the town
They say great science is built on the shoulders of giants. Not here. At Aperture, we do all our science from scratch, no hand holding. Step aside, REAL SCIENCE coming through.
jaj22
Profile Joined September 2009
United Kingdom1376 Posts
March 08 2012 03:33 GMT
#1054
And my one complaint with Alderan's list is that Jekyll wasn't in there :-)

I had trouble choosing between NightFury and Phagga, although NightFury had laughably horrible voting reasons. Especially the Gumshoe one that no-one noticed.
k2hd
Profile Joined February 2012
Cayman Islands78 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-08 03:48:57
March 08 2012 03:44 GMT
#1055
On March 08 2012 12:22 DoYouHas wrote:
I don't quite comprehend you not claiming k2hd. You had a scumcheck on slOosh and a towncheck on Chocolate. You would have single handedly line every town up behind slOosh with your claim.


This was a combination of me taking a risk that I would have time to check up on the thread before deadline and claim and me believing that phagga and ghost were scum. When I saw that others had already posted a sloosh vote, I decided to leave the claim for next day. I pretty much agreed with your list near the end of it and was not expecting my town reads to ninja vote.

EDIT:

Basically I got greedy and wanted the chance to make one more check.
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-08 03:50:35
March 08 2012 03:46 GMT
#1056
jaj22 on Obs QT wrote:
I'd be surprised if there was a godfather going by standard balance. There was a 4/9 game recently with vig/DT/doc and no mafia power roles. This game has a roleblocker unless Zelblade is crazy.

My main concern with your scum team is Jekyll: He's a relatively experienced player (and ObsQT lurker), he's had no suspicion on him at all, and he's playing incredibly blue. So why is he still alive?

Sloosh's last post is pretty damn funny because it's so true. Whole bunch of reasoning-free votes and a town that's too scared of getting themselves lynched to scumhunt properly. The bastards keep lynching my best town reads.

I'd really love to know what the DT is doing. They'll probably get vigged tonight.



So the first time we are even mentioned in a suspicious light, is at the beginning of N3?


Alderan on Obs QT wrote:
I have a tough time reading Jekyll because of the hydra, one of them has had a lot better analysis than the other. This makes me lean town, because with this quiet of a town, scum has plenty of time to make really good cases for the weaker of the 2.



So...who were you talking about there with the "better analysis"? >_>




Wait...


OBS QT; WHY Y NOT FOS US NOT EVEN A SINGLE TIME!!!????


Really? No players from the game FoSed us a single time; and no one from the Obs QT FoSes us either.
Wtf? lol

I was making a bet with Ceph the other day (at the beginning of D3) about when players would FoS us for the first time
He betted on halfway through D3, I betted on halfway through N3...

....we were both hilariously wrong >_>


DYH, may you explain why you thought we were town?


EDIT: Apart from that "You guys were blue!" thing.
Ceph already explained that to me like 1000 times >_>
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
March 08 2012 03:56 GMT
#1057
It looks like I gave the obsQT a bit of fleeting hope near the end there.
Guts? Determination? $5?
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
March 08 2012 03:59 GMT
#1058
On March 08 2012 12:56 DoYouHas wrote:
It looks like I gave the obsQT a bit of fleeting hope near the end there.

You had the right idea but the town had to be unanimous. The problem is your list wasn't quite right and you didn't have everyone on board with your lynch target.
Uff Da
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
March 08 2012 04:01 GMT
#1059
I really should have just focused on slOosh instead of giving out all my reads at that point.
Guts? Determination? $5?
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
March 08 2012 04:02 GMT
#1060
On March 08 2012 12:59 Qatol wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2012 12:56 DoYouHas wrote:
It looks like I gave the obsQT a bit of fleeting hope near the end there.

You had the right idea but the town had to be unanimous. The problem is your list wasn't quite right and you didn't have everyone on board with your lynch target.



Considering he convinced 4/5 townies to vote sloosh (well, at least not k2), I'd say it wasn't a bad job.


Also Qatol, any thoughts about the game?
Prev 1 51 52 53 54 55 56 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
09:00
#102
CranKy Ducklings102
davetesta35
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft339
ByuN 255
RuFF_SC2 152
ViBE79
CosmosSc2 71
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2321
GuemChi 1374
Artosis 649
Sharp 166
910 57
MaD[AoV]19
Bale 18
Terrorterran 0
Dota 2
monkeys_forever373
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
taco 741
minikerr13
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox711
Other Games
summit1g8827
Day[9].tv792
JimRising 609
C9.Mang0423
Trikslyr33
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick805
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream29
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP52
• EnkiAlexander 51
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo291
Other Games
• Day9tv792
• Shiphtur569
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
13h 33m
The PondCast
1d 7h
INu's Battles
1d 8h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 19h
Replay Cast
1d 20h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.